Erus Energy Logo

Erus Energy

LAST UPDATED: May 19th, 2022

Erus Energy was founded in 2004 and currently serves more than 15,000 residential solar customers across Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico. The solar company provides multiple financing options as well as additional home improvement services. In 2018, the solar installation company was named a "Top 500 Solar Contractor" by Solar Power World magazine.

The Good

• Premier Solar Equipment
  • Buy, Loan, Lease, or PPA
  • Solar Energy Storage
  • Maintenance and Repair

Premier Solar Equipment

Erus Energy offers homeowners some of the best solar panels and solar inverters available today. SunPower solar panels, widely considered to be top-of-the-line, and average around 22.8 percent energy efficiency, which is second to none.Meanwhile, the company sources its solar micro inverters from Enphase, an industry leader in solar energy monitoring and conversion technology.

Solar solutions from both SunPower and Enphase come with solar industry-leading 25-year equipment warranties, which means every Erus Energy solar energy system is protected against product defects for its entire lifetime.

Buy, Loan, Lease, or PPA

Erus Energy customers have multiple financing options available to them. Depending on the homeowner's energy needs and budget, Erus Energy's solar experts might recommend one or more of the following alternatives:

• Cash Purchase — buy the system out of pocket, and receive a 26 percent federal investment tax credit
  • Solar Loan — finance the solar system for zero money down, and still receive the federal tax credit
  • Solar Lease — "rent" the solar system for no money upfront at a monthly rate that's lower than your current electric bill
  • Solar PPA — only pay for the energy your system produces each month, at a fixed rate, for less than the monthly utility bill

Solar Energy Storage

Homeowners can add Erus Energy's solar backup battery, which can harness excess solar power the system produces and use it during the night time or in the event of a power outage. Erus Energy's battery solutions can easily integrate with any existing system.

Maintenance and Repair

The Erus Assurance plan is designed to provide ongoing maintenance and repair to customers' solar panel systems, and include the following services:

• System Monitoring
  • Preventative Maintenance Visits
  • Remote Troubleshooting with Customer Service
  • New Roof Removal and Installation
  • System Upgrades
  • And More

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Short Workmanship Warranty
  • Not NABCEP Certified

Limited Availability

Erus Energy is only available in three states (New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas). Promoting verified Erus Energy reviews can be an effective way for the company to stand apart from the competition.

Short Workmanship Warranty

Erus Energy only attaches a two-year workmanship warranty to its solar installation projects, which is considered on the low end when compared to leading solar providers that offer 10 or even 25 years. The workmanship warranty is designed to protect the system from defects caused during the installation process.

Not NABCEP Certified

The company does not appear to have a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), a highly regarded organization that produces the most rigorous certification programs in the solar industry. While this in no way implies poor installation quality on the part of the company, an NABCEP certification can indicate to customers that a solar installer's technicians have undergone advanced, additional training to ensure solar panel systems are installed properly.

The Bottom Line

Erus Energy installs qualify solar energy systems and provides customers with a variety of financing options to help them invest in clean, renewable energy while also saving on their utility bill. Its short workmanship warranty and lack of NABCEP certification may set the company at a disadvantage to competing solar providers, but customers from Phoenix to Austin are encouraged to obtain a quote from Erus Energy.

3.3

jshaleen El Paso, TX

I had a pretty good experience with the getting everything installed and working, However Today is July 15 my system was installed and running by the end of April. Since that time the main breaker has tripped 3 times June 10 and 26 and again today July 15. The first time I reset the breaker thinking it was just a fluke but when it happened again June 26 it would not just reset so I called the customer service line and was told I needed to call an electrician at my expense to see why their breaker that they installed was not working properly. I was also told if I wanted them to come out it would cost me $200.00 to fix something they should have done correctly the first time. I called an electrician who said that the breaker got too hot because either it had too much of a load (I have 44 amp system that's a big system) or the heat from the El Paso sun beating down on it directly at 2PM or the system was engineered incorrectly so if it happened again call the company and tell them to come look at their system. Today it happened again and I called again and was told that they would contact the local office here in El Paso TX and someone would contact me in 24-48 hours meanwhile it's 102 and I have no AC and all my electricity is off (my refrigerator with all my food that I just bought today) what a BS system if it doesn't get fixed I will be looking for an attorney to get me out of this BS Contract and have them remove the panels and go back to EP Electric. Never had a problem when they provided my electricity...oh and I still receive a bill from them each month for $20-$40 dollars so why don't they just kick in when this system shuts down???

Coleen Manley San Antonio, TX

I hired Erus to install solar panels on my home. I kept thinking that I should be getting better production. It took 3 months to get the company to come out. It was then I finally found out that over half the panels were not turned on. The system then had problems for the next two months with shutting down. This was finally fixed. Having no trust in this company I hired another company to check the work. Erus never took into account the placement of the panels in regards to my trees. Even after cutting down one of my trees I still have 9 panels that need to be moved due to underperformance. In spite of all the calls and reassurances that I would be provided compensation for all the time my panels were not working. I have received nothing. Jonathon, tech support is their only positive experience with this company. He provided excellent customer support. I would not recommend this company.

Warren C Whitehead Tucson, AZ

I bought a 12 panel Solar PV system from Erus Energy with a 3kW Solar Edge Inverter. They were slow to install it and charged us almost $21,000 that is $1,750 per panel. The system worked quite well. However, their Perfect Power Box IS A JOKE!! About a year later, we had Baker Solar install 8 more panels. They upgraded our 3kW Inverter to a 5.5 kW Solar Edge Inverter. They rewired the original system and NOW I have instantaneous readout on my computer. The cost was about $7,500 which is about $950/panel. The panels supplied by Erus Energy produce a little less than 1.6 kW each. The panels by Baker Solar produce about 1.8 kW each. MORE POWER OUTPUT FOR LESS THAN 1/2 THE PRICE. Shop BEFORE you BUY. Warren

Monica San Antonio, TX

We were so excited about the addition of solar panels. Our solar unit was agreed and financed in October 2020 and is being deducted for monthly payments and unfortunately it’s still to be functional. We have had numerous ERUS company associates come out to evaluate the status of the solar panel. CPS has been out numerous times and have communicated with ERUS that the issues are with the solar panels. How long will we be paying for a non- functioning unit? It has never been in service or approved for service and we are 7 months in.

Dennis Mott

Great until the sale completes. Then you are left on your own or have to pay lots.

Erus Energy Logo

Reply from Erus Energy

Mr. Mott, In reviewing your system, we noticed that your monitoring is disconnected from your internet connection. We have sent you the reconnection instructions via email so that you can get this back online if you would like. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 or [email protected], we are always here to assist!

Jul. 27th, 2020