Erus Energy

LAST UPDATED: May 19th, 2022

Erus Energy was founded in 2004 and currently serves more than 15,000 residential solar customers across Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico. The solar company provides multiple financing options as well as additional home improvement services. In 2018, the solar installation company was named a "Top 500 Solar Contractor" by Solar Power World magazine.

The Good

• Premier Solar Equipment
  • Buy, Loan, Lease, or PPA
  • Solar Energy Storage
  • Maintenance and Repair

Premier Solar Equipment

Erus Energy offers homeowners some of the best solar panels and solar inverters available today. SunPower solar panels, widely considered to be top-of-the-line, and average around 22.8 percent energy efficiency, which is second to none.Meanwhile, the company sources its solar micro inverters from Enphase, an industry leader in solar energy monitoring and conversion technology.

Solar solutions from both SunPower and Enphase come with solar industry-leading 25-year equipment warranties, which means every Erus Energy solar energy system is protected against product defects for its entire lifetime.

Buy, Loan, Lease, or PPA

Erus Energy customers have multiple financing options available to them. Depending on the homeowner's energy needs and budget, Erus Energy's solar experts might recommend one or more of the following alternatives:

• Cash Purchase — buy the system out of pocket, and receive a 26 percent federal investment tax credit
  • Solar Loan — finance the solar system for zero money down, and still receive the federal tax credit
  • Solar Lease — "rent" the solar system for no money upfront at a monthly rate that's lower than your current electric bill
  • Solar PPA — only pay for the energy your system produces each month, at a fixed rate, for less than the monthly utility bill

Solar Energy Storage

Homeowners can add Erus Energy's solar backup battery, which can harness excess solar power the system produces and use it during the night time or in the event of a power outage. Erus Energy's battery solutions can easily integrate with any existing system.

Maintenance and Repair

The Erus Assurance plan is designed to provide ongoing maintenance and repair to customers' solar panel systems, and include the following services:

• System Monitoring
  • Preventative Maintenance Visits
  • Remote Troubleshooting with Customer Service
  • New Roof Removal and Installation
  • System Upgrades
  • And More

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • Short Workmanship Warranty
  • Not NABCEP Certified

Limited Availability

Erus Energy is only available in three states (New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas). Promoting verified Erus Energy reviews can be an effective way for the company to stand apart from the competition.

Short Workmanship Warranty

Erus Energy only attaches a two-year workmanship warranty to its solar installation projects, which is considered on the low end when compared to leading solar providers that offer 10 or even 25 years. The workmanship warranty is designed to protect the system from defects caused during the installation process.

Not NABCEP Certified

The company does not appear to have a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), a highly regarded organization that produces the most rigorous certification programs in the solar industry. While this in no way implies poor installation quality on the part of the company, an NABCEP certification can indicate to customers that a solar installer's technicians have undergone advanced, additional training to ensure solar panel systems are installed properly.

The Bottom Line

Erus Energy installs qualify solar energy systems and provides customers with a variety of financing options to help them invest in clean, renewable energy while also saving on their utility bill. Its short workmanship warranty and lack of NABCEP certification may set the company at a disadvantage to competing solar providers, but customers from Phoenix to Austin are encouraged to obtain a quote from Erus Energy.

3.3

BAF Phoenix, AZ

These people keep calling me daily using a different phone # each time. I've told them I'm not interested & to remove my phone # from their system. Today 5/19/2022 @ 8:30am they called again. If I wanted solar panels this is one company I WOULD NOT CONSIDER USING.

Christopher Rhodes Las Cruces, NM

There was nothing good about my experience with Erus Energy. When they came out to do a layout of my panels the engineer had them on the West side of the house, my house faces East, so that they get more sunlight. Then when the installers arrived they put them on the East side. So now I have these wonderful solar panels that maybe took off 1/3 of my electric bill because the people didn't follow instructions. After all was said and done EP Electric failed the inspection because they used the wrong gauge, too small, on most of the wiring. So then they had to come out again and had to redo all the wiring. And if that wasn't enough they failed the inspection again because the schematics were wrong.

Jonathan Bērzins Phoenix, AZ

The bill of goods we were sold prior to installation is all false promises. We got pushed to make a decision by the end of October so that installation would happen prior to the new year as well as receiving tax benefits. After agreeing to this it took until March for the system to be installed and working. All the way up to that point blaming others for why something was not complete. Beyond that during the sales pitch we received from George to make the change to solar we were told about a “zero” bill we would have, especially with the electric company we have that they would be easy to work with and most likely actually receive a credit at the end of year. At this point between the cost of solar and the additional cost from our electric company we are paying more to have solar then it would’ve cost us without solar. We are all for helping the climate but was lied to from day one with this organization from sales people to the installation staff. On top of all that they also offered $1000 referral bonus to people. We were referred by another client who then was told that offer was no longer good.

Reply from Erus Energy

Mr. Berzins, As per our previous conversations, the system is producing per the production we estimated at the time of sale to offset your consumption trends at the time. Because your consumption trends and electrical usage have increased, you are now seeing a higher utility bill. If you are interested in discussing the purchase of a system addition if you anticipate that your new consumption trends will remain higher, then we can absolutely have a member of our sales team reach out to you to discuss!

Aug. 31st, 2020

Brad D Las Cruces, NM

As the result of a sales call, I opted to go with Erus Energy to install my Solar System which was to be "All Inclusive" of costs to install, connect and produce power. My salesman indicated that "occasionally" there are delays during the process that can result in having to make a loan payment while still making regular payments to the electric company. The presentation though not stated was that such occurrence was rare. After signing the contract and securing the very large loan, initial installation began promptly. The catch is that it stopped at the point of connection to either my home or "the grid". I am now beyond 60 days from initial panel installation and have learned from my electric company that long delays are routine as there is much to be accomplished prior to actually connecting to the system. Adding insult to injury is that there is a long waiting list of previous customers who also have not yet been connected to their solar systems according to the electric company. It is standard routine that the electric company must inspect the entire system and regularly make substantial upgrades to the electric company side of the system BEFORE you get connected. That morsel of information was conveniently not reported by Erus Energy or their sales rep. The "Program Manager" at Erus Energy seems to be entirely disinterested and unconcerned even after frequent prompting. Right after signing the contract, regular followup and status update calls were frequent until the panels were installed. Since that time there has been ZERO contact unless I initiated it. The long and short is that once they have your money you should expect very little from them even with regular prompting. I continue to get no communication from Erus and too continue to await connection of my solar system so that I start to see some sort of return on my investment. I would NOT recommend Erus Energy to anyone. Find another company for your solar needs would be a good choice.

Marco Topo Española, NM

I was also deceived by sale rep, into signing for the tax incentive that we won't see until next year, we signed from about 6 months now, and our system is not operational and loan payment is now due. They said you won't start paying until the system is fully operational and producing.That is another lie. Customer service is terrible and installers are a bunch of incompetent and careless people. Signed in November 2018, as of May 2019 the system is missing the R.E.C. meter and electrical company cannot install the solar meter, there fore the system is pretty much non operational. They are sort of abandoned us, no calls no follow up, nobody returns calls, and we have a useless 13,500 system, for which I am liable to pay now. Do yourself a favor, don't sign with this company, they are scammers !!!

Robert Nichols Sun City Center, FL

My problems started with Erus in April 2018. The salesman during his pitch said "the system would generate enough energy to offset the loan payments". We signed a contract based on that statement and the loan was approved in May. The panels were installed in July and after the first bill from the utility company it was obvious that the salesman had not told the truth. My savings were less than half what the loan payments would be. By the time the panels were activated my salesman was history. Over the next three months I complained about the performance and in October I received an email with a pdf file attached that Erus says I was shown at the time of sale (which is not true) showing that solar would generate 70% of my energy usage with a monthly savings of $52 on my electric bill. These numbers are also not true. In December Erus realized that there was a problem with the consumption data and after two tries the CT's were replaced and wired correctly. By this time Erus has been paid half of the loan and looking for me to signoff on the balance which I have refused to do. Fast forward to April 2019 the bank has cancelled the loan taken back the payment to Erus the system is still and never will produce what I was told and I have received a Breach of Contract notice. Stay away from Erus if possible but if you are so unfortunate as to be involved get everything in writing and only believe half of what you are told.

Angela Howell Cibolo, TX

An Erus Energy salesman just left my house after making an offer to install panels for a cost of $36,295 in order to reduce my electric bill by $100 per month. This would make the panels break even in 30 years. The cost of the panels to finance would increase my monthly expense on electric costs (utility company plus solar payments) by $140 a month. I can't figure out how anyone finds this to be a bargain! When I brought this up to the salesman, he actually got angry with me and said that it's frustrated him that I didn't let him finish his pitch. He left in a big hurry after that comment. He tried really hard to show me how a tax credit would reduce my costs- but it's a one time credit I don't have today, and would have to be up to me to apply it when/if I get it. That's stupid math.

Richard Ring Hobbs, NM

Unfortunately, I trusted this company... Our salesmen deceived us into believing we were going to get federal and state "tax" credits (30% &10% respectively.) She stated we did not need to do anything other than filing our taxes - not true. Our salesmen failed to tell us about the application time required for the state rebate and it expired so we lost that. The salesman did not help on any problems that developed during installation (almost a year from signing contract to completion/production). Their customer service is difficult to deal with and get a straight answer from. At times they were very obnoxious and the company refused to compensate us for the deceptions. I have not gotten any response from them for over 6 months even thought I have emailed the several times regarding the generation of electricity and resolution to the deception. They refused to investigate to determine the problem of the insufficient generation of electricity. The most we have ever generated paid for less than 1/5th of our normal electric bill. Because we financed the solar system, we now pay over $100 a month more than when we did not have it. It has been over 14 months since it was installed with no improvement. Legal recourse may be appropriate.

Bruce Manvell El Paso, TX

Just found out that they have several pricing schedules. Given a price of $43,700 AND WHEN IT WAS LEARNED THAT THE CUSTOMER DID NOT QUAILFY FOR A TAX REBATE HE WENT TO A DIFFERENT PRICE SCHEDULE AND CAME UP WITH A PRICE OF 32,900. What concern is it of them if a customer qualifies for a tax rebate or Not! I was with this friend and said I want the same price but I qualify for the rebate. Kind of got him at his own game. The price of solar is going down and the government. Is assisting with engery tax rebates but these greedy solar companies jack up the price by the rebate amount so they can soak you. Should be one price for a system of equal size and let the customer benefit if he qualifies for the rebate. Solar companies are really very dishonest!

Me Peoria, AZ

Horrific. Hit and run sale. Claim no more bill far from the case. Put tiny dent in my bill. Called sales guy he said not his problem contact office..project manager said no longer on project but will have client services Reach out. Crickets not a peep. Horrible company avoid at all costs.

Juan Valenz Glendale, AZ

If I could give a minus number I would, Very Disappointed with this company I wish I never went with them, they are quick to take your money and slow play any repair. I've been dealing with this mickey mouse company for over 5 years to resove issues with my solar install im taking legal action. For the ride they took me on. Erus should be ashamed of them selves to take advantage of people. I would not recommend them to my worst neighbor.

Jeffrey McCune Green Valley, AZ

CAUTION. THEIR PRODUCT IS A JOKE, MADE IN CHINA OR MEXICO. Purchased the system from Erus in Jan 2020, and paid cash. After three months the panel inverters failed. Hottest summer in Arizona and we got very little from the system. Erus does not honor the warranty. Because the inverters are made out of the USA they cannot get replacements. Their customer service gives you the run around. They try to blame the manufacturer of the panel, but the warranty is not with the manufacturer but Erus themselves. Avoid this company at all costs. Do not do business with Erus, you will lose money.

Reply from Erus Energy

Greetings Jeffrey, Thank you for the review. Hanwha Q Cells commonly known as Q Cells or Hanwha Q Cells, are manufacturers of photovoltaic solar cells. They are headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. Its technology and innovation center is located in Thalheim, Germany. They are manufactured and produced around the world. We purchase Q Cells direct from the company with no middle man. I also notice that our service tech Roman came to your house and has been monitoring your situation and that our project management team has been in touch with you about this. We appreciate your feedback and review. Thank you.

Dec. 2nd, 2020

VBChris Aztec, NM

Ever wonder why you can't get an email address for anyone who works here or why the fax number doesn't accept IP fax numbers? Customer service is extremely difficult with these folks. The install happened months after scheduled; the panels were placed in areas different than what I agreed; the installers totally wrecked my roof by not sealing the holes they drilled through my roof. I am expecting a HUGE fight on getting this repaired. Prior to this happening nobody could answer simple questions when I called. They are all about the sale, not the service!

Reply from Erus Energy

Greetings VBChris, I am happy to provide you an email to our project managers at [email protected] . We have absolutely nothing to hide and would love to make this right for you. You should also already have the email for the specific project manager that helped you for the installation. Please contact our customer support team at 844-272-8336 and we will be more than happy to assist you!

Dec. 2nd, 2020

tkofsa1 San Antonio, TX

Dennis M says it best great till after you buy it and its installed getting someone to call you back s a nightmare or getting someone to answer he phone leaving a message is pointless i been trying to get something fixed since aug 19 if you are looking for customer service after install dont you wont get it i gotta believe theres a decent company that wants you to recommend them these people dont care

Reply from Erus Energy

Thank you for reaching out! Based on the information provided in your review, we were unfortunately unable to pull up your customer file. Please contact our customer support team at 844-272-8336 and we will be more than happy to assist you! We look forward to working with you for a resolution to your concerns.

Sep. 24th, 2020

Maribel De La Rosa San Antonio, TX

Terrible service!!!! None of the consultants that initially contacted us work with the company anymore. We were scammed on the amount of solar panels that were suppose to placed on our home. It is more expensive with solar panels than without. And their customer service refuses to help us claiming that they are self explanatory. Worse solar company ever.

Reply from Erus Energy

I am sorry to hear that you have had a frustrating experience with your solar system and we would like to work with you to find resolutions. If you would please reach out to us at 844-272-8336, we will be happy to work with you to see what concerns we can resolve together. We look forward to hearing from you.

May. 1st, 2020

Mwheeler602 Surprise, AZ

They called me 7 times after I told them not to call and remove me from your list. I talked to 2 supervisors and asked another time and they hung up on me. Ashley was rude and condescending. Energy saving zone was the name they told me but there is not a business in AZ with that name. That was when Ashley got nasty and hung up on me. They said A+ and accredited with the bbb, which is not true. The only way I could get the real business name was to setup an appointment. They are way over priced. In AZ don't pay over $2.75 per watt

Reply from Erus Energy

I am so sorry that you had this experience. I also appreciate you taking the time for us to be able to discuss the matter in more detail. After review we did learn that this was a third party broker, as always I am always available to you. Benjamin

Feb. 13th, 2020

Albert Shaw Tularosa, NM

You cannot trust this company.. Our salesmen deceived us into believing we were going to get "rebate" checks that you do not get in that form... Our salesmen failed to tell us about the application time required for the state rebate and it expired so we lost that.. Their customer service was difficult to and at times even obnoxious to try and work with and the company refused to compensate us for the deceptions and told us we should have read the contract instead of listening to the salesmen.... "BUYER BEWARE"....

Guillermo Marquez El Paso, TX

I installed Erus Energy solar panels on the promise that their system was gonna pay for my electricity, come to find out that their system produces around 50.00 per month which means that I pay more for electricity than before solar panel installation. Also the system cost 24,000.00 and with the 50.00 it produces, it will be at least 40 years berfore it pays for it self and that's not including finance charges.

Delete My Account Austin, TX

This company obtained my cell phone number somehow. I rarely give it out to anyone who I think will share it. This company stated that they were a partner with Austin Energy and that is how they got my number. This is a scam and they are telemarketers trying to sell you "energy solutions" which from the other comments seems to be solar panels. Please report them if they call you.

Esra Presas Harlingen, TX

Customer for about 7 months. Poor Customer Serves and getting the run around. i am paying for both panels finance and energy bill. Did not recommend this product.

A Kozak Casa Grande, AZ

Communication disappears once the system was installed. Have emailed multiple times with no response. Said we would save money, what joke! Paying more now than before. And now no one will contact us back to explain or resolve the issue.

Reply from Erus Energy

Greetings It is unfortunate you have had a negative experience. We certainly dont want you to feel like you are being ignored. Please never hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] or 844-272-8336 so we can resolve your problems. Our project managers would love to help you.

Jan. 25th, 2021

John B Hults San Antonio, TX

Had 15 panels installed on our house Erus Energy did not get the financing completed so the finance company denied the financing so I found this out six months after installation is completed so Erus said they would finance the system thru their company but they just want to take the payment right from the bank not send me a bill I pay each month

Shane Mcclurg Gilbert, AZ

They wanted to do basically a bait and switch we signed the contract nine months later they said that they made a mistake and wanted to charge us $15,000 more for the unit when I just said no they no longer wanted to work with me

Kim Navarrete El Paso, TX

Not good.... I have Elric bill before & after All we see is $280.00 month for 30 years and get this.... electric bill of $230.00.... Wow! We got another large bill. I don't see the savings. waste of money.

Reply from Erus Energy

Ms. Navarrete, In reviewing your system, I see that your monitoring is showing some errors and microinverters not reporting. I have sent this over to our service team to assess and reach out to you to address the issues. Please keep in mind that our company does not review your monitoring on a regular basis so we are not aware of any issues with your system unless you reach out to us at our corporate office. We are more than happy to assist! You can call us at 844-272-8336 or email at [email protected]

Jun. 26th, 2020

Kim Lank Scottsdale, AZ

Lots of issues. Company doesn't really seem to care. Multiple problems and electricity bill is higher than before solar panels, plus have to pay for items that do not work. Hopefully company can fix issues.

karen herrera

did not explained well before getting panels. just want to sell

Reply from Erus Energy

Ms. Herrera, If you have additional questions about your system or concerns you feel need to be addressed, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at 844-272-8336 or email us at [email protected] We are more than happy to assist! Thank you!

Jul. 27th, 2020

art hernandez El Paso, TX

had your panels installed in October 2015. As of today Feb 2016 still not operational

Bill Lavor Las Cruces, NM

Cannot get erus to provide any service at all especially on electric box

Valerie Divett Albuquerque, NM

Terrible company. Work was never finished