Founded in 2014 with an office location in Orem, Utah, Blue Raven Solar a residential solar installer that provides solar energy systems in Colorado, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Washington.

The solar company's mission is to make homeowners' lives better by reducing their energy bill, by increasing their reliance on clean and abundant renewable energy, and by providing a world-class customer experience through a reliable sales process and a speedy, high-quality installation.

Blue Raven Solar aims to help each homeowner reduce their energy bill, and is obsessive about getting solar panels installed as quickly as possible, going to great lengths to work rapidly and shorten the timeline of each step in the process.

Additionally, the company takes pride in the aesthetic of its systems and provides black-on-black solar panels and interior conduit runs.

Blue Raven Solar offers competitive pricing through it's unique financing options, BluePower and BluePower Plus+.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar power company, as well as view Blue Raven Solar reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Unique Financing Option
  • 1- to 2-Day Installations
  • Full-Service Solar PV Company
  • Referral Program
  • Helpful Information on Website

Unique Financing Option

Blue Raven Solar offers a relatively unique solar financing option called BluePower Plus+. This product offers 18 months of free power to those who qualify and combines the best aspects of a third-party-owned solar lease or PPA with the return, tax credits, and flexibility of solar ownership.

There are a variety of loan options available, with interest rates of 2.99 percent and terms ranging from 12 to 20 years. There are no prepayment penalties, so you can pay off the loan sooner rather than later if you choose.

1- to 2-Day Installations

Blue Raven Solar is quite efficient when it comes to installation time; the company typically completes a solar installation job in one to two days, which is a quicker turnaround time than what some other solar energy contractors provide.

Full-Service Solar PV Company

Blue Raven Solar is a solar company that offers end-to-end services, from the sales process to the installation of the solar panels, in-house. This means that each employee customers will be interacting with works directly for Blue Raven Solar, which makes the entire process much easier to manage and greatly reduces the chances of mistakes resulting from miscommunication.

Referral Program

Blue Raven Solar states that its mission is to help bring clean energy to everyone. As a result, for customers who help their friends and family to save money on their utility bills with renewable energy, Blue Raven Solar offers $250 for each referral that has one of the company's solar energy systems installed. This is a nice incentive that not every solar installer offers for customers to recommend solar power to their loved ones.

Helpful Information on Website

Blue Raven Solar strives to educate homeowners about solar and provides several informational resources on its site on topics such as solar technology, net metering, system maintenance, and more. This information delivers clear expectations and helps ensure customer satisfaction.

The Bad

No Leases or PPAs Available

Unfortunately, Blue Raven Solar does not offer leases or Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs), which are each attractive payment options for many consumers who would like to take advantage of renewable energy without taking on the financial responsibility of an investment. Individuals interested in one of these payment options should look into other residential solar installers.

The Bottom Line

Blue Raven Solar has made a quick impact on the solar industry and offers a number of services in house. The company's goal is to reduce dependence on traditional power usage sources, and help homeowners take advantage of energy cost savings while utilizing clean energy solutions. Residential customers who choose to switch to renewable energy with Blue Raven will have access to a unique solar financing option called BluePower Plus+.

However, interested homeowners looking for a solar company that offers leases or PPAs will probably want to look at other solar providers.

Call our recommended rep over at Blue Raven Solar below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Larry

April 22nd, 2017 Altamonte Springs, FL

So this guy is at our door, can't remember his name, right at dinner time. We stop what we're doing to listen to what he has to say. He seems to be a nice guy, very professional and knowledgeable. I listen to the whole story and am somewhat interested. I provide him lots of my personal information including enough for him to check my credit. He assures me that he will call me the next day and let me know if my house and my credit qualify to move forward. Next day comes and goes and I don't hear from him. A couple of weeks go by without hearing anything. Then I get a letter from this finance company telling me I have a 40k line of credit. Who the heck authorized that? So I have to call them to cancel. Still haven't heard from the guy that caused us to have a very late dinner.

Amanda L.

March 26th, 2017 Springville, UT

I didn't purchase solar, but the sales rep that knocked on my door was so courteous and professional that I am going out of my way to write this. So let that speak for itself. It's so refreshing to have a door-to-door sales person not be pushy and a complete nuisance.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review Amanda! We appreciate the chance to work with you even though it wasn't the right time to go solar! If you're ever in the market again, let us know! We would love to meet up again.

Paul Palm

March 24th, 2017 Sublimity, OR

Blue Raven is a remarkable company. We just completed the installation process and inspections! A positive personality abounds with expertise from all staff dealt with. Throughout a complicated process in our state, Blue Raven took personal care of our applications, installation and permitting, and inspections (many of those) with high professionalism and knowledge. I highly recommend Blue Raven.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your recommendation Paul! With each state having its own unique path to go solar, we do our very best to make sure that the solar process is as easy possible for our customers! We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience. Please let us know if there's ever anything we can help with. Welcome again to the Blue Raven family!

william james

March 1st, 2017 Riverview, FL

Although this company doesn't do its own advertising its reps are all they need! Ive never had a company put this much effort into making sure that I was knowlegedable about not just their company but solar itself. My install was effortless and quicker than they said it would be. I'm a very happy customer!

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review, William! We're so thrilled that you've had a great experience. Here at Blue Raven, we're really passionate about the opportunities solar provides and are excited to share it with our customers! Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help!

Brittney Miller

February 28th, 2017

Very transparent company. Bill was 316 when I averaged it out new solar bill is 160 and they gave me 18 months free!

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review, Brittney! Is the 18-month promotion exciting? We want going solar to be as easy as possible. Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help!

Jane Williams

February 27th, 2017

I absolutely love this company! Great customer service and installation.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review, Jane! Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to make your experience better!

Allison Minnick

January 3rd, 2017 Hillsboro, OR

Blue Raven is a terrible company, the product is expensive and the customer service is awful. When you call you always get someone new, they never can answer questions and if you have an issue good luck getting a callback. They are vague, our system was not connected in time and we ended up with a high electric bill and a new payment, which we were told would not be the case. They were not aware of Oregon state regulations in regards to installation so they blamed this on our late service, they also tried to blame PGE, but PGE had verified that 5 other homes in our neighborhood were having the same issues and only one home was actually working.They cracked our support beam in our garage and drove screws through our roof showing through in our underhangs. Very shoddy work. They never come on time, the paperwork is late, they can not explain contracts, they email you weeks after you are suppose to receive information, and text message you different messages than what they talk to you about on the phone, not very organized. AVOID The only person who has been the slightest bit helpful was the sales rep., I would recommend him.

Feb 11, 2019

Allison – We’re sorry to hear you didn’t have a good experience. When entering your area we definitely experienced some learning curves and we apologize that this resulted in your experience being sub-par. We’re thrilled to see that your system is producing beautifully. In 2018 it produced 100% of it’s estimated production. If there’s ever anything we can do to help, please reach out. We’d love to work to earn your satisfaction again.

Jonathan Chen

December 8th, 2016 Portland, OR

I just signed for Blue Raven and have had some positives and a few negatives. First: the people whom are the face of the company (those who did the install and sales) were nice and pleasant to work with. However, often they came outside the appointment window in which they told us. Once we were told to expect people at 8:30 am and we had people at our door before 7:30. We had people come for appointments that we never scheduled. We also were told that there would be a grace period from when the solar panels become active to our first bill. THIS IS A LIE. They completed install of our solar panels around Nov 10th, 2016, because there were issues with inspection, we couldn't finish the inspection until beginning of December. We literally got the okay to turn on the panels AFTER our first payment came through. Not good business practice. The only reason I am giving this 4/10 is because of the people who installed and did the face to face portion of this business. Otherwise I would give them a 2.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback, Jonathan. We're so happy to hear that you had a good experience with our service staff. Regarding the loan grace period, your system did have a grace period of about 30 days after installation. This was included in your loan documents. We do understand however that with getting approvals back from the city occasionally the loan can start before the system is energized. We've heard feedback like yours and have since introduced new financing options to give our customers 18 months without solar payments. To alleviate scheduling mishaps, we've also introduced a custom built scheduling software to accommodate the unique challenges that the solar process can present. If you would like to speak with anyone about your experience further, please feel free to reach out to me, Joseph, at 855-205-2530.

Kaili Jones

November 20th, 2016 Summerville, SC

Blue Raven Solar has been the best company to work with during my entire solar process. Their customer service is AMAZING and I know because I've spoken with many other solar companies and they all paled in comparison. Their installation was smooth and pain free and it looks so much better than any others in the neighborhood. All black panels with none of that metal conduit exposed. I strongly recommend Blue Raven.

Nov 19, 2018

Thank you for your review Kali! We're so thrilled that you've had a great experience. We really strive to make our customer's experience fantastic! Please let us know if there's ever anything we can do to help. Welcome again to the Blue Raven family!

Jeanne Christensen

November 7th, 2016 Hurricane, UT

Seemless installation. Exceptional customer service. Very responsive.

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Jeanne, thank you for your review. We appreciate your support. - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

Ross

November 4th, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

I told the door to door salesman twice that I was not interested. But he just kept going. so I too an app. The salesman ask why I was interested in solar I told him I wasn't that I told his rep I was not interested. He chuckled and kept going. I had to sign a contract that didn't make me liable for the product. The more I read it is a contract now I have to go through the procedure of canceling it. I don't know what part of not interested they don't understand. Very pushy people that don't take no for an answer.

Jose L. Galvan

August 31st, 2016 Fullerton, CA

I am retracting my initial review, the holdup was with the city not Blue Raven. Their installers came to my home & did a Fantastic Job!! they were great guys who took pride in their work.

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Jose, thanks for your review. We appreciate your business. - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

JJT

August 27th, 2016 Beaverton, OR

I have a large no soliciting sign 1" under my doorbell for many reasons. The first time Blue Raven showed up was on a week night at 8:30pm. I was shocked they were there so late, disregarded the sign, rang my doorbell and proceeded to lie to me that thy weren't selling me something. I asked them, politely, to leave after telling them we were not interested. I also asked them not to come back. Tonight, Friday night, two new sales people showed up, this time at 7:45pm, rang my doorbell (yes, the sign is still up) and started going through the same shpeel. They're not selling me anything and would like 2 seconds. When I said no and asked them for a second time not to come back the rep raised his eyebrows, rolled his eyes and flippantly said 'well good nigt then'. Seriously! It doesn't matter why I have a no soliciting sign (baby sleeping, barking, old and agitated dogs, not interested, you name it) a company should be respectful of the homeowner's wishes. This sales tactic tells me that their training and customer service is not a priority. After reading other reviews here, I'm not surprised. Not impressed.

Aaron Becraft

July 1st, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

Our 1st meeting, the rep showed up 1 hr late. They told us 6p, but he was told 7p. The contract was not the same as the estimate and it took a couple hrs of our Rep going back and forth with the contract department to get numbers right. In the end, the estimate had the numbers that were wrong and the actual monthly payment was over 20% higher. Most people would not be OK with that, but I already knew I wanted solar and I really liked our sales rep, Austin. Install was flawless and quick and clean. They cleaned up as though they were never there. The city inspector showed up without us knowing he was coming and Blue Raven showed up 20 mins later with all the paperwork he needed. That was the only full breakdown in communication with us and had we not been home at that moment, it would have set the whole process back another week. From start to finish, it seems like it takes forever, but understanding all the processes helps you understand that it really went fast. At the end of the day, was this the perfect experience from start to finish, no, but I hands down would recommend Blue Raven Solar and I am very happy we chose to stay with them. Thanks, Aaron

Ann Goldsberry

July 1st, 2016 Layton, UT

Great people who answered all questions and concerns with clear explications.

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Ann, thanks for reviewing your experience. We appreciate your support. - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

Jason Paskett

June 30th, 2016 Bell, CA

I have been happy throughout the whole process, from our first sit down to the intstal and then turning on the system! After our initial sit down I called my consultant up and told him that we will not be going Solar at this time. The way he handled that info and what he had to say, had me calling him back about a week later, telling him we were ready to move forward with Blue Raven. Blue Raven was not the only Solar company we sat down with but I am very pleased we had chosen them.

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Jason, thank you for your review. We are glad to have you at Blue Raven Solar. - Abigail W., BRS

Annie Chase

June 30th, 2016 West Jordan, UT

I have been very happy with Blue Raven Solar. They did a great job explaining the process and getting everything started. Customer Service was very helpful any time I called. My only issue was once my panels were installed, nothing happened for two months until I called to follow up. I guess the power company had come out and need my breaker box updated. I understand that Rocky Mountain power isn't the best communicator, but I would think that Blue Raven would have some sort of process in place to follow up with me or the power company after a period of time of no contact. Once I called to check on the progress, the problem was quickly identified and resolved and now I am up and running!

Debra Curtis

June 24th, 2016 Hurricane, UT

From the moment Spencer stopped to give us a flyer we have had a very good experience. The install was quick and fun to watch. The employees are courteous and good at what they do. The online support is fabulous and any question I have gets answered quickly.

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Debra, thanks for your review. We appreciate your support. - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

RoseAnn Martinez

June 23rd, 2016

They did a good job very respectful easy to work with and didn't feel any pressure to purchase

Dec 16, 2020

Hi RoseAnn, thank you for reviewing your experience. We appreciate your support. - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

Jack

May 11th, 2016 Bronx, NY

Blue Raven solar process from sales rep to notary to install to billing, it have been a completely smooth process. They delivered exactly as promised ... Time lines were good, install crew professional, customer service no problems to date! I highly recommend Blue Raven Solar to anyone new to the solar game because they don't play games just deliver a great product!!!

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Jack, thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

Jannica

April 7th, 2016 Draper, UT

Awesome company, very nice salemen and installers, good communication, fast process and top quality equipment. Got bids from 3 other companies and did lots or research on Solar and Blue Raven was the obvious best choice.

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Jannica, thank you for your review. We appreciate your support. - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

Kate hutton

March 23rd, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

I do not have their product but their sales people stopped at my home yesterday. When the asked if I had considered solar energy, I explained I am 100% solar powered at my home. Simple mistake not noticing all the big panels all over my garage, right. At this point the company rep. had smart mouth comments about our purchase and the company from whom we purchased. I had been perfectly polite and friendly through the entire conversation. Now, I want the mouthy young man to know that is NO proper sales tactic! I will NEVER recommend his company to anyone who asks me about solar companies! And those who read this may find it as off putting as I do.

Justin Powell

February 26th, 2016 Salt Lake City, UT

The install went great. I needed the to come back and move the meter to get my trailer out they were there the next day no problem. When it came time to get tax info our talk to my sells rep, it was almost two months when I called blue raven and told them to tell my sells rep not to bother we were done with him. I still had some unanswered questions so I needed a new sells rep to contact me with some info I got a message to call him when I called I was put on hold then hung up on. Don't worry blue raven I will figure it out myself.

Jeremy Maynor

February 11th, 2016 Pleasant Grove, UT

The operation was very well organized from start to finish. It is a relatively young company but they did a truly great job. I would recommend.

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Jeremy, thanks for taking the time to review your experience. We appreciate your business. - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

Jackie

February 1st, 2016 Brooklyn, NY

Genuine staff and super flexible. Great savings mostly

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Jackie, thank you for your review. We appreciate your support. - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

robert johnson

January 8th, 2016 Union City, NJ

If you live in NJ this is the best solar company. Not only do they have the least expensive rates and fastest time to install, but they give you 6 months free power!!

Dec 16, 2020

Hi Robert, thanks for your review. We appreciate your business. - Abigail W., Blue Raven Solar

John

December 22nd, 2015 Pleasant Grove, UT

I had my solar panels installed about 2 months ago and I'm very happy with the results. The installation team had them fully installed in just a day and they were very professional. I started seeing savings on my monthly power bill right away. Over all I've had a good experience with Blue Raven Solar and I plan to refer friends and family their way. Thanks!

Tim Johnson

December 4th, 2015 CA

Funny that the only "honest" review is from Jason, the sales manager for Blue Raven. What a joke! They use cheap, silver framed panels, string inverters and do a bogus down payment for an advertising home. They showed me a proposal where they were giving me a $5000 down payment. They marked up my system 5k and said they are paying for it. They said as long as I give them referrals they wouldn't charge me. Really? Thanks guys. So, a 20,000 system with them costs 25,000 and then they 1099 me for the 5k that they "gave" me. Dishonest company, lousy sales people, and low quality equipment.

jason hirschi

September 30th, 2015 Albuquerque, NM

We love our Blue Raven Solar System. We absolutely are able to monitor our systems production online. I did a lot of research and this by far the best solar product on the market. The blue Power financing has been amazingly easy to deal with.