Best Solar Company - Demo Account Logo

Best Solar Company - Demo Account

LAST UPDATED: October 8th, 2021

Best Solar Company was founded in 2015, and currently serves both residential and commercial solar markets across two states: California and Texas. The company has been named a “Top 500 Solar Contractor” by Solar Power World magazine every year since its founding and has installed more than 20,000 kilowatts of clean, renewable energy in that time.

The Good

• Full-Service Installer
  • High-Quality Solar Equipment
  • NABCEP Certified

Full-Service Installer

From the initial energy audit to ongoing system monitoring, Best Solar Company is qualified to assist homeowners throughout the entire solar installation process:

• Energy audit — Best Solar Company will examine up to 12 months’ worth of the homeowner’s utility bills to get a full grasp of the home’s energy needs and whether solar energy is a viable solution.
  • Site survey — Using the latest satellite technology, Best Solar Company will take specific area, pitch, and shade measurements of the home’s roof to evaluate potential solar output.
  • System design — Best Solar Company’s expert team will then design a custom solar panel system using the best solar technology available.
  • Permitting — The solar provider will also handle all the necessary paperwork to ensure the system is built according to municipal codes.
  • Solar installation — The company’s NABCEP-certified team will then install the solar panel system on the roof, a process that can take as little as a day, weather permitting.
  • Inspection and interconnection — Best Solar Company will arrange for city officials to inspect the system, then contact the utility provider to plug the system into the electrical grid.
  • Post-install monitoring — Once the system has been interconnected, Best Solar Company will make sure homeowners can easily monitor their system’s performance in real time. The company’s power production guarantee also states that if the system underperforms in any way, Best Solar Company will make things right.

High-Quality Solar Equipment

Best Solar Company only installs equipment from the top solar product manufacturers in the world. The company uses panels from Panasonic, LG, and Mission Solar — all of which rank among the best brands for durability and energy efficiency. Solar inverter technology, meanwhile, is provided by Enphase and SolarEdge, two industry leaders.

In addition to tier one solar panels and inverters, Best Solar Company also provides solar energy storage solutions from top brands like the Tesla Powerwall, LG Chem, and Generac PWRcell. Solar energy storage is becoming one of the most sought-after system upgrades in the industry, as it can greatly improve the system’s overall efficiency and integrate with other systems, including electric vehicle charging stations.

NABCEP Certified

Best Solar Company employs technicians certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). The NABCEP is an industry-recognized organization responsible for some of the most respected and advanced technician training programs in solar. Companies, like Best Solar Company, with this designation identify themselves as true professionals and solar experts.

Homeowners who choose an NABCEP-certified provider tend to report high satisfaction ratings.

The Bad

• Below Average Labor Warranty
  • Limited Availability
  • No Lease or PPA Options

Below Average Labor Warranty

Although Best Solar Company provides a 25-year equipment warranty through its preferred suppliers, the company itself only warranties its workmanship for three years. This is lower than the industry average of 10 years, and considerably lower than the 25-year warranty offered by industry leaders.

The workmanship warranty covers the labor and accompanying maintenance that goes into the system. It also protects homeowners from having to pay for damages or errors caused during the installation process.

Limited Availability

Best Solar Company is only available in California and Texas. Homeowners interested in pursuing this company’s services are encouraged to read verified Best Solar Company reviews (posted below), to see how this provider’s services compare to industry leaders.

No Lease or PPA Options

Best Solar Company does not provide solar leases or power purchase agreements (PPA) as ways of financing solar power. That said, the company does offer direct purchase and low, fixed-rate solar loans to help homeowners make the switch to solar energy.

The Bottom Line

If you live in California or Texas and would like to work with a local company that uses only top-quality solar products, Best Solar Company could be the right choice for you. The company employs NABCEP-certified technicians and has been named a top solar contractor by Solar Power World.

While the company's workmanship warranty is lacking compared to other solar providers, we encourage homeowners to reach out to the company for a free quote and read Best Solar Company reviews before making a decision.

Message from
Best Solar Company - Demo Account

At Best Solar Company, we are committed to ensuring we provide individuals and families, with the highest level of product quality and customer service.

The decision to purchase solar panels for your home is not an easy one, and we get that. That is why our sales team doesn't pressure you into making a decision that isn't best for you.

Instead, we provide clear information about the pros and cons of purchasing solar for your specific situation. We will even send one of our home solar experts to your home to provide a free home inspection and quote.

Our mission is to bring about energy independence for all. We look forward to hearing from you and showing you why Best Solar is truly the best solar company for you.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

Caleb Moore Salt Lake City, UT

My first interaction with this company was great. They were very thorough and contacted me along the way with all the detail and any changes that were made to the original plan. Most of those first interaction were with Kevin one of their Solar Salesmen. However, there was quite a bit of time where I was not receiving updates and the installation of my solar panels were delayed two and a half weeks. They called me the day before they were coming to install the solar panels on my house to let me know. This was slightly frustrating and I had the workers on my roof during my daughters wedding shower.

Best Solar Company - Demo Account Logo

Reply from Best Solar Company - Demo Account

Thanks For Submitting a review. We're so sorry that it took longer than what we initially scoped. Please reach out to customer service for any additional questions or concerns.

Oct. 8th, 2021

Alayna Okerlund Orem, UT

I had an awesome experience with this company! The installation team was wonderful! They were quick and cleaned up after they finished. Overall, the entire process was painless! I'd recommend this company to anyone who is interested in getting solar!

Nate Newman Salt Lake City, UT

Loved my experience. We loved our Solar Install with Bet Solar Company. They have such a great team over there. Especially in the Sales Team. I mean wow!!

Kaitlyn Short Houston, TX

Matthew was so helpful when I reached out about adding solar panels to my house. There was so much to learn! He was very patient as he walked me through the financing options and the install process. The panels were installed within a few weeks. I couldn't ask for a speeder service. I wish I would have known about this company sooner...could have saved me a lot of money on my electric bill. I wake up every morning excited to see the sunrise (for more than one reason). The only reason I have to give this BSC a four-star is because I never received the Nintendo switch they promised me for signing up for solar. It's been two months now and I am still waiting to receive my signing bonus. Maybe it got lost in the mail?

Jenna Vasquez Salt Lake City, UT

What I liked best about Best Solar Company - Demo Account was its professional staff and quick response time. I called asking about getting a solar quote on Tuesday and a team member came out that very day to see my house!