Auric Energy Logo

Auric Energy

3.8

LAST UPDATED: March 8th, 2022
report_problem

Auric Solar is out of business.

As of May 2020, Auric Solar (also known as Auric Energy) has filed for bankruptcy and is no longer in business. As such, the information in this review may be out of date. Visit our top solar companies page to see which company is right for you.

Auric Energy, formerly known as SolarTek Solutions, was founded in 2010 by Trent Vansic and Jess Phillips. The company is currently headquartered in West Valley City, Utah and provides residential electric solar services in Utah, Idaho, Colorado, and Oregon. Auric Energy is quickly becoming the one of the largest solar installers in Utah, as well as one of the fastest-growing companies in the U.S., with recognition on three consecutive Inc. 5000 lists. Auric Energy has had an average year-over-year growth trend of 173 percent and is the only Gephardt-approved solar company in Utah.

Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about Auric Energy, as well as view Auric Energy reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Great Warranties
  • No Money Down Option
  • NABCEP Certified Installers
  • Paperwork Completion
  • Focus on Customer Service
  • Trusted Partners
  • Community Work

Great Warranties

The benefits of switching to solar are huge: you can save a lot of money, reduce your carbon footprint, and increase the value of your home without voiding your roof warranty. Auric Energy offers a 25-year craftsmanship warranty and an exclusive 20-point annual inspection with every system to ensure that every component of your system is working properly. On top of that, the manufacturers of Auric Energy's products provide a 25-year warranty on the solar panels and a 25-year warranty on the inverter.

No Money Down Option

Auric Energy strives to help its customers save by offering a $0 down loan option with no interest or payment for 15 months. Plus, since you'll own your solar panels with a loan, you'll be eligible for the 30 percent federal tax credit and any state incentives available. With Auric Energy's loan option, you'll enjoy a low, fixed monthly power payment each month.

NABCEP Certified Installers

Auric Energy makes switching to solar easy and hassle-free with three simple steps.  First, you'll request a free consultation. After that, you'll have the opportunity to choose the bundle you want based on your energy needs and budget. Finally, you'll select one of Auric's various installation options. Once you've selected an installation option, Auric Energy will handle the rest. You can sleep easy knowing that every Auric Energy installer is experienced and NABCEP certified.

Paperwork Completion

Auric Energy handles all of the backend work, including doing homework on important incentives that customers should be aware of, as well as submitting for local permits, organizing and delivering tax credit paperwork, applying for rebates when applicable, and applying for net metering installation with the utility company.

Focus on Customer Service

This solar company aims to offer a high level of customer service by keeping customers in the know about its process and providing them with information about about their solar system, investment, and savings. Auric Energy even offers a free educational seminar series.

Trusted Partners

Auric Energy takes pride in the companies it partners with and has strict guidelines for working with each of them. The company has partnered with Silfab Solar, Panasonic, Solaria, REC, and Enphase Energy, which all uphold the quality standards that Auric Energy expects for its residential electric solar power systems.

Community Work

Auric Energy is committed to giving back to the community through its Auric Echo program, which provides deserving organizations with a free solar array for every kilowatt sold via its Buy Solar, Give Solar initiative.

The Bad

Possible Transparency Issues

Auric Energy has an almost flawless reputation in the industry; however, in our research, we did find a complaint regarding lack of transparency at one point in the sales process. The customer who filed the complaint was initially pleased with Auric's services, but then began to have difficulty with the bank Auric used to finance her loan. The customer stated that she had to finance an additional $5500 because Auric did not explain to her at the time of purchase that she would not be able to take advantage of the entire 30 percent federal credit in the first year. After this incident, the customer was questioning whether or not she would get the energy she were promised. With that being said, it is important to note that this is just one customer's complaint. We were unable to find any other complaints of this nature.

The Bottom Line

Auric Energy is a fast-growing solar provider in Utah, Idaho, Colorado, and Oregon. With Auric Energy, customers have access to an awesome $0 down loan that gives them ownership of the panels, as well as access to federal tax credits and state incentives. Auric Energy's products feature great manufacturer warranties to help cover you in case anything goes wrong with the equipment, and the company itself provides a lengthy 25-year craftsmanship warranty.

View Best Solar Companies

2.7

John Brockway Aurora, CO

Overall – we are very pleased with Auric and the system that we installed. The sales rep was very responsive to all of our questions and was extremely helpful after the sale. The Denver based Auric team was easy to work with and addressed all of our questions in a timely manner. There were a couple of hick-ups with install but were taken care of within an acceptable time frame. Every person we came into contact was extremely professional and really seemed to enjoy what they were doing. My only concern with this process was the communication of Auric personal between each other (which meant a couple of issues may not have occurred if there was better communication). Recommendation - make sure you stay involved in your (I would say this with any company). Our system is now running beautifully and we would highly recommend Auric!

Laurel Traynowicz Boise, ID

Look no further. This is the Solar Company for you. In Idaho, there is one best solar company. That's Auric. Let me tell you how I know this. I did a mountain of research on the various installers and their vendors. I looked at what each installer promised, and what they actually did. I talked with actual customers. On all counts, Auric came out on top. I had my 9.3 kW system installed in early November, 2017. This was important because I was able to take advantage of the 30% Federal tax credit, the $1,500 Idaho state tax credit, and the 0% down for 12 months that Auric still offers. I can take 30% depreciation over 5 years. The incentives are pretty amazing. On the customer service side, I had the best experience imaginable thanks to David B, who managed the process from start to finish. If I had a question--whether it had to do with a panel, the system, Idaho Power details, financing, tax credits--I could call David and he would always reply fast. Eight months later, David is still answering calls fast. There is definitely service after the sale. If you are wondering about solar, read up on it. In Idaho, very few of us are solar adopters. But those who are become solar enthusiasts for a few reasons. First, we know this is the right thing to do. Second, ever since my solar collectors caught up with my energy use in March, 2018 (yes, during the bleak Idaho inversions--the sun still powered my house), my Idaho Power bill has been $5 per month. Well, $5.27 with tax. Third, look at what Auric is doing. Don't worry about talk of tariffs on solar panels made in China. All of Auric's panels are made in the U.S. They do everything at the highest quality. For example, the electricians required for this job, and their coordination with Idaho Power and the city of Boise, blew my mind. David made sure this was a seamless process with no hiccups. I also needed a roof. David B came through again with a top recommendation for a roofer--Blue Goat Roofing. The minute the roof was approved, the solar panels came on. In a sentence--I am thrilled with Auric Solar. Talk with David, and once you sign off on your part of the agreement, David will take it from there. Painless. If you want to ask me any questions, message me through this site. I'm happy to chat with you. This is a big decision--and it's the right decision.

Thomas Taylor West Jordan, UT

If I hadn't gone to Harvard Law, I would have been the fourth generation owner of a major midwest building contractor. My wife and I used Auric Solar for a full installation on our 1915 house in Salt Lake City. We worked directly with Auric on all issues from product selection to roof reinforcement and stabilization to installation through coordination with and hook-up to our public service company. (The power company guys who were changing over our meter told us that we couldn't have made a better choice--they don't have problems with Auric installations and equipment!) Auric was very good to work with, both in the sales room and on our roof. We are about one full year into the use of the product now and are delighted to see our monthly electric company bill which shows our reduced usage AND our monthly credit for the amount of electricity sold by us to the company.

S Newman Salt Lake City, UT

Auric Solar was super helpful! Spent time to discuss all the ins and outs of solar - I had no idea so much was involved! I had several other solar bids and instead of bashing the other solar companies (like every other person did) they took the time to explain why they chose the products they did and why their pricing was positioned as it was. Plus, their service warranties were WAY better than any other solar company I reviewed. No one else offered a yearly check up or guaranteed their work IN WRITING like Auric did. No gimmicks, just straight up facts. I'm very happy with my choice to go with Auric!!

Robbie Levine New York, NY

We installed our solar panels with Auric in September 2015. Our entire experience, from initial contact through this year's annual inspection has been outstanding. We had one issue last year with a small leak and their response (and that of the roofing company they use) was prompt and professional. Would absolutely recommend this company.

Dell Loy Hansen

We have done two large commercial projects that total ten million to build. They are working flawlessly and producing at what was represented. Great company to provide post install service. Should have done this sooner. We now save over 500,000 dollars per year.