AM Sun Solar Logo

AM Sun Solar

7.0

LAST UPDATED: May 18th, 2021

AM Sun Solar is professionally licensed in the state of California and its highly skilled team brings several years of experience in renewable energy, electrical, and construction. Since 2011, AM Sun Solar has designed and installed high quality, cost-effective solar energy systems throughout California and the Central Coast. The company delivers custom-tailored solar power solutions to residential, agricultural, and commercial clients while providing them with a superior level of customer service.

The Good

• High Quality Equipment
  • Wide Variety of Payment Options
  • Lengthy Equipment Warranty
  • Referral Program

High Quality Equipment

AM Sun Solar offers some of the best equipment in the industry, including LG panels and SMA inverters. LG solar panels rank among the best in terms of energy efficiency and durability. They also come with an industry-leading 25-year manufacturer's warranty, meaning if any defect or damage is founding during or after the solar installation process, LG will service or replace the faulty solar cell at no or limited cost to the homeowner.

Wide Variety of Payment Options

AM Sun Solar provides its customers with several ways to finance a solar energy system, including outright purchase, loan, solar lease, and power purchase agreement (PPA). The company explains the features and benefits of each payment option on its website, which can help customers to decide which option is most fitting for their needs and budget.

Lengthy Equipment Warranty

AM Sun Solar offers a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels and inverter.

Referral Program

AM Sun Solar offers a referral program that pays customers $500 for every person they refer. The referral must be noted on the final signed contract.

The Bad

• Average Workmanship Warranty
  • Limited Availability

Average Workmanship Warranty

Although AM Sun Solar offers a lengthy equipment warranty, the company's workmanship warranty, which is set at 12 years and covers labor, is average relative to most solar installer companies. Compared to workmanship warranties offered by top companies in the industry (up to 25 years) this warranty is much shorter.

Limited Availability

Currently, AM Sun Solar only offers its services in California. Although being a local provider comes with its own unique set of benefits, it also limits the number of consumers who have the ability to do business with the company. Homeowners local to the company's service area are encouraged to read verified AM Sun Solar reviews to determine if the company's service, product line, and financing options match their needs best.

The Bottom Line

AM Sun Solar offers a number of attractive features, including high quality equipment, a wide variety of payment options, a robust equipment warranty, and a referral program. Its 12-year workmanship warranty, while a step above several solar panel companies in the area, is still about half as long as the industry leaders; but homeowners are still encouraged to obtain a free quote from AM Sun Solar and compare its proposal with leading companies in their neighborhood.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
AM Sun Solar

Founded in 2011, A.M. Sun Solar has helped more than 2,500 customers make the change to solar. We specilize in creating custom solar solutions for homes and businesses. We’ve helped pave the way to lessen the amount of carbon dioxide emissions from entering the atmosphere; however, it wouldn’t have been possible without our amazing customers and the support they’ve given us to help our company grow throughout the years.

It’s no surprise that A.M. Sun Solar continues to receive outstanding reviews from our satisfied customers. For almost 20 years, we’ve been committed to bringing excellent customer service to every person we’ve crossed paths with — it’s just a part of who we are.

A.M. Sun Solar is the highest rated solar company on the Central Coast for customer service and for good reason. Between our wide variety of financing solutions, affordable pricing, and creative installation solutions, we take pride in going the extra mile for our residential and commercial customers.

Working with A.M. Sun Solar means working with local people who care about the community you live in.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

Jeramy Adams Arroyo Grande, CA

I contacted AM Solar in hopes of getting back up batteries for our existing solar system. They were super helpful and walked me though the process. We’re now approved to receive the batteries! Can’t wait to have them installed.

Dan Himsworth Cambria, CA

Installation and followup with our solar installation has been excellent. I was told at the install that the company remotely monitors our system. After 1 3/4 years I got a call that they needed to come out and change a part on our panel.

Patricia Arroyo Grande, CA

The gentleman that sold me the system that came to the house he walked me through all the steps and when I had questions and concerns after he was done with his part of it and I would text him or email him he'd always get back to me or he'd always have the office staff get back to me right away. He really went above and beyond I felt.

Donald DICKERSON Templeton, CA

Service, product & customer service , had questions, called & they were answered. had an issue with the monitoring system. Problem was immediately solved. No run around or double talk

Brian Cambria, CA

There needs to be better internal communication between departments so that the client does not receive emails that would lead to confusion. It is a great company but the communication could be better.

Nathan Nipomo, CA

We had a more complex installation than most homes because we didn't want to put it on our tile roof so we have a bank of panels and they did a really good job in installing them and yeah it's great.

Dave

Whenever I had an issue they came out and repaired it like I had a damaged paneled by a bullet. They came out and replaced the panel for me so they gave me good customer service.

The installation process went very well until the very last minute the final installation crew punctured the water pipe but they took care of it. I was very pleased at how they took care of it.

Ryan Paso Robles, CA

They are so communicative and professional that it’s comforting when people are working on your property. Even when we had a warranty issue the field personal were so professional.

Jenice Twomey Templeton, CA

Great service for closing the sale and professional, efficient installation. had my system a year and no problems. Zero monthly fee from SoCal Edison.

David Cambria, CA

This is the first solar panel I've ever done and the only company that I've dealt with so they did everything very professionally and they seem to be working fine.

Carol Atascadero, CA

We went with AM Sun Solar because of the price and the exceptional knowledge that they had and the quickness and thoroughness of the answers to the questions we asked.

Anonymous Atascadero, CA

Every time I've had a question or an issue with the timing on the installer or needed to move something, customer service was right there to take care of the issue.

Charles Santa Margarita, CA

I think they were considerate and didn't leave a pile of junk. They explained what they were doing and kept us informed as to when they would be back.

Annie pech Atascadero, CA

They do care & solve problems. Any time we have a question or problems they get back to us as soon as they can. They have been very helpful and respectable.

Mark Green Santa Maria, CA

They were very quick and professional. They addressed my concerns regarding roof flashing weather protection and the system is working exactly as designed and expected.

Robin and Jerry Brownlee Atascadero, CA

Every step of the project went exactly as they explained. The entire staff worked with us in the most knowledgable and professional manner

Valerie Glahn Arroyo Grande, CA

Easy to work with, estimate for system was accurate and now that we have had it almost a year the size of system fits our needs perfectly!

Anonymous Paso Robles, CA

They know their business, they stand behind their business and they're the only business to use if you want to get solar.

Anonymous Paso Robles, CA

The employees were very responsive and they were very polite, very courteous and you could tell that they were putting the customer's needs first.

Tyler Paso Robles, CA

They let me know everything along the way. I did get a little confused. I guess they switched it and then didn't say anything but I figured out now.

Bob Lupoli Atascadero, CA

AM solar has to be the best Solar company on the central coast. always available and very professional

Steve Moore Atascadero, CA

The sales team was proactive, the install was professional and flexible. They solved problems on the fly.

Stephen Shelley San Miguel, CA

I have a roofing company and deal with a lot of solar companies, am sun solar was the most efficient company

Paul Pismo Beach, CA

Friendly and professional service, everything is explained to you in detail. Excellent communication

Ernest James Redman Templeton, CA

upon request for quote, quick to respond, explanation of cost and benefit, installing and going live and the savings.

Liza Neville-Olson Atascadero, CA

I was impressed with the dedication to both efficiency and care that was done with the installation.

WILLIAM Mehring Los Osos, CA

Price, customer service, follow through, Just so easy to work with. They always return my calls promptly.

Curtis Atascadero, CA

The company did everything they said they would do and the savings on electricity has been incredible.

Jordan Morro Bay, CA

They were very responsive to me anytime I called and they're very helpful and they sent people out as needed.

Ann Paso Robles, CA

The installation process was very easy, I was well informed and it was scheduled and met the schedule.

Matt Kingsburg, CA

I had a lot of questions along the way and customer support always got back to me in a timely manner.

Anonymous Paso Robles, CA

The panels were installed where I needed them, nothing's gone wrong yet but they keep in touch just in case.

Bob Atascadero, CA

The techiciations were always out here checking on the panels; they did everything that I have asked them to do.

Mark Houchin Nipomo, CA

I’m just happy to reduce/eliminate my energy bill while contributing to a more efficient use of electricity.

Wofford Paso Robles, CA

Salesman can use to work the field of an installer to better instant the process but our installers did great and clean

ROSITA IGLESIAS Paso Robles, CA

Easy install big savings on electric, this month my bill was zero! The Tesla powerwall really helps too during outages!

Will Los Osos, CA

Amazing customer service, install was perfect with out a mess or any mistakes. Just an effortless process.

Aaron Cantrell Paso Robles, CA

The systems works even better than predicted! The staff are helpful and responsive to my questions!

Francia Porter Paso Robles, CA

They are prompt, courteous, and professional. I still have their sign displayed

Bill Power Templeton, CA

Salesman Marc M. was amazing. He was extremely helpful, convincing, and trustworthy!

Bill Paso Robles, CA

Very professional ... very competent ... filed all the paperwork for me to get my PG&E rebate

Jim San Luis Obispo, CA

They listen closely to what I am requesting and are always incredibly patient with me.

Robert Fisher Arroyo Grande, CA

To date we have had zero issues with our solar system. So far panels are generating as planned.

Dana Clough Atascadero, CA

Provided the service and product on a timely basis resulting in great savings on our PG& E bill !

Diane Paso Robles, CA

We felt valued as part of the team, from initial inquiry to project completion.

Jason Paso Robles, CA

The Service, Cost, Quality and Communication throughout the process were phenomenal.

Paula motlo Atascadero, CA

AM SUN SOLAR had good communication & they carry a good product as described to us

Paul Paravato Santa Maria, CA

Excellence from first consult to finished product, as well as continued cusptomer support

Barendina Degraaf Paso Robles, CA

They are hard workers polite on time and clean up after their selfs and their prices are great