AM Sun Solar Logo

AM Sun Solar

7.0

LAST UPDATED: May 18th, 2021

AM Sun Solar is professionally licensed in the state of California and its highly skilled team brings several years of experience in renewable energy, electrical, and construction. Since 2011, AM Sun Solar has designed and installed high quality, cost-effective solar energy systems throughout California and the Central Coast. The company delivers custom-tailored solar power solutions to residential, agricultural, and commercial clients while providing them with a superior level of customer service.

The Good

• High Quality Equipment
  • Wide Variety of Payment Options
  • Lengthy Equipment Warranty
  • Referral Program

High Quality Equipment

AM Sun Solar offers some of the best equipment in the industry, including LG panels and SMA inverters. LG solar panels rank among the best in terms of energy efficiency and durability. They also come with an industry-leading 25-year manufacturer's warranty, meaning if any defect or damage is founding during or after the solar installation process, LG will service or replace the faulty solar cell at no or limited cost to the homeowner.

Wide Variety of Payment Options

AM Sun Solar provides its customers with several ways to finance a solar energy system, including outright purchase, loan, solar lease, and power purchase agreement (PPA). The company explains the features and benefits of each payment option on its website, which can help customers to decide which option is most fitting for their needs and budget.

Lengthy Equipment Warranty

AM Sun Solar offers a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels and inverter.

Referral Program

AM Sun Solar offers a referral program that pays customers $500 for every person they refer. The referral must be noted on the final signed contract.

The Bad

• Average Workmanship Warranty
  • Limited Availability

Average Workmanship Warranty

Although AM Sun Solar offers a lengthy equipment warranty, the company's workmanship warranty, which is set at 12 years and covers labor, is average relative to most solar installer companies. Compared to workmanship warranties offered by top companies in the industry (up to 25 years) this warranty is much shorter.

Limited Availability

Currently, AM Sun Solar only offers its services in California. Although being a local provider comes with its own unique set of benefits, it also limits the number of consumers who have the ability to do business with the company. Homeowners local to the company's service area are encouraged to read verified AM Sun Solar reviews to determine if the company's service, product line, and financing options match their needs best.

The Bottom Line

AM Sun Solar offers a number of attractive features, including high quality equipment, a wide variety of payment options, a robust equipment warranty, and a referral program. Its 12-year workmanship warranty, while a step above several solar panel companies in the area, is still about half as long as the industry leaders; but homeowners are still encouraged to obtain a free quote from AM Sun Solar and compare its proposal with leading companies in their neighborhood.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
AM Sun Solar

Founded in 2011, A.M. Sun Solar has helped more than 2,500 customers make the change to solar. We specilize in creating custom solar solutions for homes and businesses. We’ve helped pave the way to lessen the amount of carbon dioxide emissions from entering the atmosphere; however, it wouldn’t have been possible without our amazing customers and the support they’ve given us to help our company grow throughout the years.

It’s no surprise that A.M. Sun Solar continues to receive outstanding reviews from our satisfied customers. For almost 20 years, we’ve been committed to bringing excellent customer service to every person we’ve crossed paths with — it’s just a part of who we are.

A.M. Sun Solar is the highest rated solar company on the Central Coast for customer service and for good reason. Between our wide variety of financing solutions, affordable pricing, and creative installation solutions, we take pride in going the extra mile for our residential and commercial customers.

Working with A.M. Sun Solar means working with local people who care about the community you live in.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

David King Los Osos, CA

I design they put on my roof was incorrect had to restart my own hardware hire a roofer to re-weld the boots and have them come back and re-seal everything also I recommended my brother to them and I did not get my finders fee

Bill Sorensen Atascadero, CA

Litany of errors, unable to complete the project to code, had to hire separate electrician to get the system operational. Useless customer service. project took 4 months longer than promised.

Jay jazinski Templeton, CA

Told them that I didn't want to have a bill showed them our power bill and I received a $700.0 tru=up bill I should have saved my money and just paid for the power that I was using

Eric and Stephanie Lovejoy Paso Robles, CA

We can not get a phone call back for our solar that we have been in the process of getting installed since October.

Jennifer Cayucos, CA

4 months waiting to go live, paid all cash so certainly no return on investment- I don’t even know it it works yet

JK Paso Robles, CA

AM Sun Solar make many promises they do not keep. The salesperson assured me prior to signing of the contract that the solar loan was assumable (which was important as I was selling the property shortly after install). They misrepresented their financing option, stating they were "unaware" that the loan they placed me into was "no longer" assumable. This was an outright lie, after confirming with the Credit Union that held the loan who stated they have NEVER offered assumable products for AM Sun Solar Systems., BUYER BEWARE. I HAD TO PAYOFF a $31K loan at the close of escrow and lost my entire investment!!!

Rick Minton Paso Robles, CA

They still owe me $500 for a referral and install I sent to them!

Pam Paso Robles, CA

DONT KEEP THEIR WORD OR HONOR THE CONTRACT. SUPER PUSHY SALESMAN

john Bradley, CA

not doing the job in a timely manner or at all