Slideshare is an SEO optimization and ranking tool that helps marketers rank for highly relevant long-tail search items. Users can create short or information heavy presentations filled with content that improves rankings for a number of highly competitive terms. This will help web pages to be more visible and found organically via Google search, instead of having to implement cost-per-click strategies.
- Organic targeting
SlideShare is the ideal platform for those looking to rank for relevant and long-tail search terms. Instead of having to pay for targeted customers to see a site, product, or service, marketers can use SlideShare to organically target their audience. With no content or character limit, marketers can explain, in detail, various subject manner.
The SlideShare platform overall is an excellent source for online marketers looking for a new way to reach their targeted audience or customer-base. The following are features and benefits of using the SlideShare platform:
- Fast and Simple way to Create Stunning Presentations: users can design a visual standout deck in just three simple steps.
- Embed YouTube Videos: embed video into a presentation. While you may not rank for the content of the video, followers will be able to view it.
- Analytics: gain insights into content performance and then adjust the strategy to drive more views and engagement. Analytics will allow marketers to see who's viewing content, where they find the information from, and when content performs at its peak.
Regardless of the subject manner, there is likely a category or space for a SlideShare presentation. With a number of topics, both users and browsers can use SlideShare to share and learn information in a more detailed fashion. Essentially, SlideShare provides marketers with a way to tell a story without character limits to users who are looking for more detailed information.
- Limited functions
- No demos
SlideShare, while providing valuable content, really only performs one function. Marketers can create a number of forms of presentations, but there is not much of a social management aspect outside of that. For instance, SlideShare does not allow users to perform the following tasks as it pertains to their social campaign:
- Schedule posts - while integrated with a number of social platforms, marketers will not be able to specifically manage other networks.
- Respond/Engage - this is not a tool that makes it easy for marketers to engage on a one-on-one level with customers.
Those that are new to the SlideShare concept will have to learn the in's and out's on their own. There is no demo that takes you through the step-by-step process. That being said, the platform is easy to use and figure out, even for first-time users.
The Bottom Line
The SlideShare tool allows users to share information they are knowledgable of through a wide variety of content mediums. Whether it is in presentation, infographics, or another format, users can create SlideShares in an effort to rank for terms or shed some light on a complicated subject. Those that use SlideShare can expect the following from the platform:
- Easy way to quickly share a lot of information
- Variety of content types
- Ability to organically rank for certain terms
- Video not incorporated into the platform
- Takes time to see results