Meet Edgar is a tool that allows users to schedule social posts in a unique way. Rather than publish updates once and then never referencing them again, Edgar will carefully catalogue posts in a library that builds up over time. These updated are even categorized to assist in creating and publishing on a schedule. Edgar will essentially publish the content you want at the exact moment you want. It eliminates the need for manual scheduling.
- Smart scheduler
- Process for increasing traffic
- Revamped content
MeetEdgar provides a unique service in the social media management space. "Edgar" is considered a "smart" scheduler that fundamentally changes the way that social traffic works. MeetEdgar will take existing content and make it fresh, provide suggestions as to how to connect with the targeted audience, and helps strategize to double traffic.
To see a doubling in traffic, Edgar users follow a simple and straightforward process. This process has proven to help users see increased traffic and a more rewarding experience for followers or targeted customers. The process is broken down as follows:
- Creation of a categorized content library: each piece of content that is published through Edgar is then stored in an organized library and automatically arranged into categories. They are then tagged as things like: quotes, blog posts, or puns. For additional time savings, users can add content in bulk or directly connect to an RSS feed.
- Schedule content by category: users can create a schedule that tells Edgar when to specifically publish each category. This scheduling features allows Edgar to always know what types of status updates to post at specific times, sharing the ideal content automatically.
- Never refill the queue: once Edgar filters through all the new content in a particular category, the platform will start to recycle older updates. This means that your social platform will never run out of things to say and posts will always be seen by a new audience. This eventually leads to bringing more traffic and views.
While reusing content may not sound like a great strategy, it is actually proven to bring in more views and is seen by the desired targeted audience. Since web traffic usually follows a predictable pattern, there is generally a spike when new content is released. Eventually, the impact of this new content tapers off over time. Edgar takes traditional traffic and brings it back to life with new visitors each time there is a new post.
- Compatibility limitations
- Pricing transparency
MeetEdgar is limited in terms of compatibility to social networks. To date, the service can only schedule posts and increase traffic on three social networks and only 10-25 accounts can be managed at one time (depending on the plan). The compatible social networks include:
Edgar offers varying pricing packages that are charged monthly with no-obligation subscriptions. There are annual plans available with special incentives and the ability to switch plans at any time is an option. While Edgar provides information as to how often they bill, they do not provide specific pricing for their various packages.
The Bottom Line
MeedEdgar provides social marketers with the opportunity to immediately tag content and make sure that it is seen by the specific and targeted audience. In addition to providing filtering and categorized content, there is also the ability to automate traditionally time-consuming processes. That being said, there are limitations that apply. Clients that decide to go with MeetEdgar can expect the following from the platform:
- Categorized content
- Repurposing of old content
- Increased Traffic
- Limited network compatibility
- No pricing information