Vivint Smart Home

Jamey Montgomery

My wife and I have been Vivint customers from 2012 until tonight. We have referred them to many people and have never really encountered a problem until tonight. We are moving my elderly mother in with us and were in the process of canceling her account when the operator told her that she would need to pay $800.00 to cancel her 5 year agreement. She had another option to try and sell her equipment to another poor soul and have them take over the remaining time left. Funny thing is the contract we have a copy of says 24 months and should be about to expire. I called vivint tonight on my moms behalf and tried to reason with them. I asked why would every other person we referred, along with us be offered a 24 month package and then try to screw over an elderly widow with a five year contract? They didn't have a good answer. They gave me three different expiration dates during the duration of my call but none of them matched what was on her written contract. So to make things easier I had them look up my account and had them verify that my contract was up. They did. I told them to cancel my contract and that we would move my mother's service over. Easy right? Nope! They were willing to do this but wanted to charge $100 to send a technician out to move her equipment. I explained that wasn't necessary because we already had it hooked up. They said that he still had to come out and change the name over. I laughed because they can talk to you through the system, they can turn your alarm off from their office, but they cannot change the name on the bill without coming out???? I did not agree with the charge, canceled my membership, and told them to please charge my mom the $800. I am going to pursue this ridiculousness with all that I have. This is a total joke of a company, full of crooks and unethical selling tactics. I'm sending my contract to my attorney the first time I am contacted about this charge. I promised the salesperson on the phone that I would be as vocal as possible to every ear I could find and let people know what this company is all about. Here's to the beginning of a long night. I've just begun. #vivintsmarthome

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Jamey. We understand your frustration and would like to see how we can assist you. Please call us so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of. Please call us at 18002165232.

Adam Labrum ,

For the price, Vivint Smart Home is one of the best overall smarthome and security systems a person can buy. Very easy to use, but the technology is unmatched.

Vickie Nicholasville, KY

Agent was not truthful in his sell of the service and equipment. I would never recommend this company to anyone...

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Vickie. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with  the agent and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Kate Lillywhite American Fork, UT

Rest assured that your home is functioning properly with Vivint Smart Home on your team! Lock your doors, control your lights, adjust your thermostat all from the touch of your phone. Modern living at its finest.

Kathleen Neeley Colorado Springs, CO

Alarm is set off constantly by the wind. Customer service is a joke! I pay $41.00 a month for a useless system. I don’t bother to even turn it on.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Kathleen. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your equipment and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Isabella Vittoria Lopez Yakima, WA

The worst company for security period extremely unprofessional installers and supervisor I strongly do NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Isabella. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your service and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Katherine Smith Orange, TX

The cameras do not work and it takes to long to get help. I have just given up and I am paying monthly for devices that do not help at all.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Katherine. We appreciate your honesty about your experience and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Megan Clines Bellevue, NE

Terrible customer service. Would not work with me to end my account. Sneaky contract. Sales rep wouldn't call me back after he made the sale.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Megan. We appreciate your honesty about your experience and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Rahul Verma Augusta, GA

They lie to get you into a 5 year contract and only give you 3 days to cancel before you can’t do anything about it.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Rahul . We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your services  and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Karen Young Brownsville, TX

Overpriced. Unable to use devices if you terminate monitoring. Slow connectivity. Lazy and poor installation.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback , Karen. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your services  and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Jermaine laboo Jacksonville, FL

Don’t get nothin from Vivint they will have u stuck with a bill and don’t even service they equipment u paying for

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Jermaine. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your equipment and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

thomas hilton Tallahassee, FL

This has been a terrible experience from the beginning. I can't say anything good about vivint. Every day that goes by, I regret my decision to give this shady company my hard earned money.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

That doesn’t sound good, Thomas! We’re so sorry that you haven’t had a good experience yet. Please give us a call at 1-800-216-5232. We want to make sure your issue is resolved. Thank you for your feedback!

May. 2nd, 2021

Madelyn Gulfport, MS

We have Vivint and love it. I really love that I can log in from anywhere to view our cameras. I definitely feel much safer with it!

Dilly Helotes, TX

Had VIVINT Smart Home for just over 1 year. Billing issues from the start! I was being billed "monthly" for equipment I paid for upfront. Equipment failure issues: from the Panel, the doorbell camera the driveway camera. requiring rebooting the system to updating the App. "Inconvenience Credits" offered screwed up the billing process. Billing by mail arrived AFTER the due date. When the home panel image "froze" this week. I'd had it! Then it took 4 customer reps plus a "Customer Loyalty" (at their insistence) before I could cancel my service.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Dilly. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with Vivint Smart Home and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

HoustonBreezy Cypress, TX

We had this system for almost a year and it never really worked ever! Meaning there was always an issue with one camera at any given time! Finally, they removed the equipment and we are searching for a new system! The customer service is 50/50 depending who you get, and they were either amazing or horrible! Great idea but it would have to work 100 % of the time for me to be happy!

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback HoustonBreezy. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with Vivint Smart Home and would love to assist you in the future should you ever choose to secure your home with Vivint again.

ARM Columbus, GA

The overall system is great but I was not billed what was given to me on the phone. The customer service is horrible when trying to resolve issues. They did not install all equipment I signed for as well as what I was paying for due to the weather that day. The technician stated he would come back but never did. I took off of work to meet them to install and they were 5 hours late. The experience with them was horrible.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

Great customer service, and great equipment. Sales people were kind and good to work with. bit on the pricey side, but I guess you get what you pay for. Great product with customer service that is there for you.

Easton Bingham Pleasant Grove, UT

Vivint is aight. I haven’t had too many bad experiences, but I’ve talked to a lot of people that have. It seems like you’re either a lucky one and don’t have any issues, or you get the short end of the stick and you have lots of them. Not really an in between. Customer Service is great though.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Easton! We're happy to hear that you've had a positive experience with Vivint so far. If you ever need help with anything, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232.

Nov. 4th, 2020

Stephanie Clearfield, UT

Phone app sucks I can never get it to load the cameras when I get a notice

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Stephanie. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your app and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Chris Smith Marysville, CA

They are horrible, sold me a system that doesn't work for my home then said they would refund me and never did.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Chris. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your service and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Queana Kruse Killeen, TX

Does not record everything, time frame always missing recording throughout the day

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Queana. We appreciate your honesty about your experience and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Kyle

Horrible. Long response time from the alarm Center, fire dept arrived while I was on hold to report false alarm

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Kyle. We appreciate your honesty about your experience and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Lynda

Commucations sucks and they lie take thing out your account they not suppose for someone elses services

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Lynda. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with  customer service and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible

Sonia Felix Virginia Beach, VA

Dont do it. They charge you for everything. They even charge you for having a technician come out to repair their faulty equipment. You are expected to fix it yourself while on the phone with them for 3 hours. I can give you so many more, examples, but no time. Sad, to say, i have my attorneys working on getting me out this contract.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Sonia. We understand your frustration and would like to see how we can assist you. Please call us in with us 24/7 so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of. Please call us at 18002165232.

Kaylene Finch Provo, UT

I loved having a smart home that controlled my lights and thermostat, but it was pretty unreliable and broke three times in the 10 months I lived with it.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with Vivint Smart Home and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Nov. 4th, 2020

Amanda Fairbanks Payson, UT

Love our Vivint smart home and all the ease it is to use the app and love that I know my family is safe!

Daniel Snow Redmond, WA

Vivint products are probably not quite as good as their competitors, but the complete installation and set up is a big value add.

Shayla Aurora, CO

System is very delayed and our door randomly locks on its own.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Shayla. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with  the delay and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Edgar Chavez Simpsonville, SC

The app is horrible, I like the camera quality

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Edgar. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with  your app and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Rob Sampson

This company has the worst customer care I have ever experienced.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Rob. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with  customer service and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Daniel Burlingame Choctaw, OK

Terrible service. The sales representative mislead us into signing a service contract.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Daniel. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your service and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Zackery Mclaney Hartford, AL

The camera quality is horrible, the doorbell camera is already damaged from just nature.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Zackery. We appreciate your honesty about your experience and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Shelly Butrymoicz Rogers, AR

App rarely works, overpriced, customer service sucks, wish I never put on house.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Shelly. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with the app and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Tracy Henderson, NV

TERRIBLE CUSOTMER SERVICE, VIVENT IS A BIG UPSALE JOB & LACKS THE FAIR FOLLOW THROUHG

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Tracy. We appreciate your honesty about your experience and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Larry Bales Battle Creek, MI

Not internet or phone for over 1 year NEVER ONE CALL TO SAY IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Larry. We appreciate your honesty about your experience and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Arturo Rodriguez Fairfield, CA

I'm supossed to pay $ 26.47 a month and I get a charge of $26.47 plus $37.64 a month.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Arturo. We appreciate your honesty about your experience and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Steve Walker Kansas City, MO

It has never worked. I've had service tech out but always get message"dvr unavailable".

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Steve. We appreciate your honesty about your experience and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Susan Foreman New Bern, NC

Never received yard signs interior wiring hideous don't know how to arm system

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Susan. We appreciate your honesty about your experience and would love to investigate this further. So that we can, please contact our Support team at 1-800-216-5232

Anthony Barragan Midway, GA

Horrible. Was told install wouldn't cause permanent damage to the home, not true.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback, Anthony . We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your services  and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Elias Columbus, OH

Costomercare are not good I called so many times and they never had solutions to my petitions.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback  Elias. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with  customer service and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible

Chris North Kingstown, RI

Good from top to bottom. All the stuff works as planned and I'm happy. Thanks guys

Sara Booth Victoria, TX

Horrible. Every time I call, I'm hung up on.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Sara. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with  the call service and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Tagg Ogden, UT

Vivint Smart home is a good product that allows you to control your home and feel safe. It is easy to use although the cost is a little high.

Kim Young Little Rock, AR

We have had Vivint Smart Home for several years. It is extremely user-friendly and has great customer support.

Jolene Pleasant Grove, UT

Lots of product options. Pretty much anything your home needs for safety and home automation. Customer service tries so hard to help!

Tiffany Tempe, AZ

Horrible experience. Not only did i feel like i was bait and switched but come find out i was told i could cancel my contract at anytime with no penalty but i went to cancel when the price randomly went up and found out im stuck in a 5 year term if i cancel its with penalties. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY!!!!

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Tiffany. We understand your frustration and would like to see how we can assist you. Please call us so we can discuss this further, and make sure you are taken care of. Please call us at 18002165232.

Deborah Cox San Leandro, CA

Hard to get customer service to be able to understand my issue

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Deborah. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your service and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Tiffany Wright Prairie Grove, AR

Terrible! We have cancelled because they never upheld their end of contract.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Tiffany. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your service and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Barney Martinez Grand Prairie, TX

I've been trying to figure out why my driveway cam isn't working.

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback Barney. We appreciate your honesty about your experience and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

David Clemons Schertz, TX

Poor I canceled services within my trail period yet every month I get a bill

Reply from Vivint Smart Home

Thank you for your feedback , David. We appreciate your honesty about your experience with your billing and would love to investigate this further. Please contact our support team at 1-800-216-5232 so we can assist you as quickly as possible.

Apr. 3rd, 2021