For over a decade Shop.com has acted as a leader in the online "catalog" of consumerism. After partnering with Market America nearly four years ago, Shop.com now provides a user-friendly platform that allows shoppers to browse, search and locate specific items from vendors worldwide. Not only do they offer suggestions on hot deals, products relating to recent searches, and a product index covering nearly every category of consumerism, but they make shopping personal with user accounts, cash back options and comparison tools that ensure customers are buying the best products for the best price.
- Shopping tools
- Mobile capability
- Impressive variety
- Search options
Shop.com does many things well to entice merchants and consumers alike to the site. Here are a few example of ways in which they excel and would be attractive to you:
- Shopping tools. Shop.com doesn't simply want to plaster its site with a bunch of products and have you "go at it." Rather, the company desires for all site visitors and registered users to have the best complete shopping experience they can have. This means Shop.com has shopping tools and aids to make sure buyers know exactly what they are getting, whether they're getting the best deal possible, and how the online buying process works. You can also be alerted to special deals and hot buys, so you won't miss out on anything big.
- Mobile capability. We live in a fast-paced society, and shopping is no different. So many people are out and about, and shopping has become an on-the-go practice. There's no need to be sitting at your home computer or laptop; you can shop on your mobile device. So whether you're in the car, at the park, or anywhere life might take you during the day, Shop.com's mobile app allows you the same functionality and convenience that the regular site has.
- Impressive variety. Not only is the actual quantity of total products vast, but the variety of categories brings a smile to the face. In fact, one can even purchase groceries from the site. This is a rarity and is for many a welcome benefit.
- Search options. You'll like the search options Shop.com provides. You can search not only by product type or name but by price range and even brand name. This is a helpful tool that helps narrow down your search, thus saving time and effort in what can otherwise be a long process.
Shop.com isn't for everyone, and not every user has been satisfied with it. Naturally, the site is going to present some challenges and have some flaws.
- Lots of complaints about product quality. Users have not been happy with the quality of their product once received. Far too often, buyers receive their products and find them damaged or not in the condition one would expect. It gives the appearance that products are not coming from a legitimate retailer but from some unknown second-hand dealer.
Customer service. Unfortunately, this is a common thread among price comparison sites. Customer service is lacking and disappointingly unresponsive and slow. Emails and calls go unanswered, thereby frustrating customers.
The Bottom Line
Shop.com has more tools than most of its competitors, including expert advice and other helps in buying products. You also have access to a wonderful amount of products from merchants you know. Be wary of the fact many people have not been happy with the condition in which products arrive. But in terms of your buying experience, you'll like Shop.com, and it is recommended to give it a shot for your online shopping.