For 16 years, Los Angeles, California-based PriceGrabber has been a leading online product price comparison company, helping consumers select from a wide variety of products from various merchant sites and on a number of merchant sites. PriceGrabber is a strong company, having generated more than $1 billion in sales in 2014. The company has been featured in a number of reputable national publications, including Time, the Washington Post, Yahoo! Finance, Investor’s Business Daily, and TechCrunch. Millions of customers use Price Grabber each month.
- Number of retailers
- Product selection
- Mobile app
- Merchant selection
- Coupons link
There is a lot to like about PriceCrunch, from the way it operates its business to the impressive selection of products it offers. Here are some elements of the company that you, as a consumer or a merchant posting products on the site, will please you:
- Number of retailers. At PriceGrabber, your searches won't be limited to just a few merchants. Instead, you'll have the luxury of choosing from 2,000 different options, including the very well-known and reputable.
- Product selection. PriceGrabber lets you narrow your search within 27 categories. Within each category are myriad products of varying price ranges. Whether you're looking for a modest gift for a family member or friend, something needed for your home, or something a little more on the luxurious side, PriceGrabber probably has it for you.
- Mobile App. You can check out the hottest items and best deal on the go with PriceGrabber's mobile app. The app is available for Android, iPad and iPhone devices.
- Merchant section. Are you a business owner or representative trying to boost sales? PriceGrabber will draw traffic to your site and help increase the number of people buying your products. You can create an account on PriceGrabber and easily post your products to the site.
- Coupons link. Everyone likes to save a little money, right? At PriceGrabber, you can find links to coupons on selected products to help you keep more of your hard-earned money.
PriceGrabber is a terrific site, but it does have a few limitations to be concerned about. Here are specific ways in which the company falls short:
- Lack of research tools. PriceGrabber gets a lot of things right, but it does miss out on failing to provide shopping guides and research tools to assist the buyer in making an informed decision about the products he or she desires to compare and purchase.
The Bottom Line
PriceGrabber is plain and simple one of the top shopping search engine sites in the industry. It has a wide selection of products unmatched by most competitors. There are also features on the site that you won't find with most places. The site is customer friendly, providing ways for the buyer to customize his or her search. The number of merchants also gives buyers more options in shopping. PriceGrabber is a definite recommend.