Anyone who has ever spent more than a few minutes on the Internet know what Google is. The giant has been in business since 1998 and is synonymous with searching the Web. Google has also expanded considerably over the past decade, adding a number of tools, resources and business to its repertoire. One of these is Google Shopping, which, like its competitors, offer online buyers a look at products and comparisons of their prices. Google Shopping was started in 2002 and has undergone several rebrands and changes. The name became Google Search in 2012.

Amazon chevron_right
eBay chevron_right

The Good

• Timely products
  • Tech-heavy
  • Buying education
  • Price listing

Google Shopping has the following elements that you will like as an online shopper or merchant:

• Timely products. If it's summertime, Google Shopping will feature products that are unique to the season and popular in that particular time of year. If it's winter, the site will feature holiday items and those products used primarily in the winter. The same is true for other times of the year, where listed products are relevant and useful to the consumer based on the time of year it is.
  • Tech-heavy. Clearly, in this high-tech digital age, electronic products are extremely popular. Google Shopping specializes in these, and they are heavily featured on the site. Mobile devices and accessories, computers and related products are Google Shopping's specialties.
  • Buying education. Google Shopping provides a Google Commerce blog to give buyers and interested buyers the education they need to make wise online purchasing decisions. There is a natural tendency for some to be leery of buying from online sources, and Google Shopping will help clear up misconceptions, fears and questions.
  • Price listing. Prices shown include tax and shipping, so what you see in the product listings is what you will pay, so there's no need to worry about hidden fees or surprises.

The Bad

• Small selection pool
  • Customer service

Surprisingly, Google Shopping has some flaws and shortcomings that you should be aware of when deciding where to turn to for online shopping. Here are some things Google Shopping does not do well and needs to improve on:

• Small selection pool. In what might be a shock to some, Google Shopping does not have a large selection to choose from. There are only three listed categories on the home page. Of course, there is a search bar, where you may put in any product you want and wait and see what comes up. But if you are looking to narrow your search, you won't have that availability.
  • Customer service. It's difficult to get a hold of customer service. In fact, no email address or phone number is provided on the site. You have to go through the main Google company site to find any help.

Some prices are estimates. When you buy something, you want to know exactly what you're paying. While the price listings do include tax and shipping (as noted above in "The Good" section), many of the figures are merely estimates.

The Bottom Line

It shouldn't be hard to believe that a company of Google's stature would produce a high-quality product comparison and shopping site. Google Shopping is simple, to the point, and easy to use. There's nothing flashy about the site, but finding the products you're looking for is a breeze. Unless you like the ability to narrow searches through categories (which Google Shopping doesn't have), there's no reason you won't love Google Shopping.

Luna

January 15th, 2020 Rockville, MD

Google shopping gave me links to all kinds of different shopping websites. It helps me to compare the prices. But at the same time, I am not sure if the websites are real.

Yanesezah Fenelon

January 10th, 2020 Delray Beach, FL

With google shopping I am able to compare the prices of products I intended on purchasing. It is very helpful.

Angela Sims

January 9th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Let’s you see where prices vary from different stores for the same product. But there is a limit to exactly which stores it’s from with some being ones I never even heard of.

Sierra Nixon

January 9th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL

This search engine is very helpful when I have things I need to buy. It does a good job of narrowing down the search.

Danelle

January 8th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

Google shopping needs a lot more work. It’s convenient to get an idea of what I’m looking for, but not actually finding anything.

Jacob

January 7th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google shopping makes any type of shopping so much easier! All online and with the best deals popping up instantly, you save time and money.

mickey norris

January 3rd, 2020 Cumming, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased from Google Shopping and the wrong product was shipped. I talked to Google Customer support 12 times over 4 weeks each time asking for 2 days to get to the bottom of it. I ended up talking directly to the store that shipped the products due to Google's inaction and was able to get a partial refund. Google still has not refunded the rest. The company states that Google misrepresented the products, Google claims that the company product was listed correctly. Putting me in the middle of it to resolve. I've never had this issue with Amazon.

Michelle W

December 16th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

I use Google Shopping tab all of the time to compare prices of the same things at different stores. It's so awesome how they appear at the top of the screen and I can toggle through for the best price.

Kylie Howes

December 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

Google has a lot of options for shopping, but it only really directs you to sellers, and doesn't oversee much beyond just being the search engine. Items are still shipped and overseen by the sellers themselves, so it's more like ebay than amazon. The nice thing is that items are usually coming from actual outlets and stores rather than individual people selling their items, so they're usually more reliable than ebay.

Roberson

December 8th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Shopping is great for finding the best deals on whatever you are shopping for, they provide an array of websites to get you what you need!

KC

December 8th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use goggle shopping to peruse deals often. It's a great way to get a quick glance at how much an item might be at multiple retailers. Sometimes it will provide other suggestions as well. Usually pretty good!

Connor

December 5th, 2019 Farmington, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The shopping option on google turns any search into the best places to buy whatever you were searching for. They have great options as far as platforms you can choose from to purchase whatever you search.

Roman Christiansen

December 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Google Shopping for certain things that I’ve needed and it is a really great place to shop for things!

Luke Blake

December 3rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google is Incredible! I can find ANYTHING I need in a matter of seconds. It is the best place for online shopping.

Martha Gourley

November 27th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Google almost exclusively. They are quick to find what I need and produce many search options that I can consider.

Daphne Brown

November 25th, 2019 Riverton, UT

It doesn't compile the results very well and I never seem to find what I want. There are many items returned that don't match. I end up not using it very often.

Kaydence Bonino

November 23rd, 2019 Riverton, UT

I'm pretty sure I use google shopping everyday! Its awesome! It makes shopping so much easier...Just type the name or description of what your looking for and it list everything that matches.

Todd Homitz

November 17th, 2019 Evans City, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use google almost every day for their reviews on products. I know I can trust the reviews and be able to purchase something that others have enjoyed.

Amanda

November 15th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

I like the variety that Google Shopping gives you at different price points. I find it useful

Nathan D.

November 15th, 2019 Warrendale, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google is the OG search engine! Always coming up with the best results for what I'm searching for online.

Sandra

November 15th, 2019 Dayton, NJ

Anytime I’m in the store and I need to price match I go right to Google and I go to the shopping and all prices are compared at that time instantly and I know where to get the best bargain

Chelsea Bent

November 15th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL

Definitely my favorite search engine! Never have to worry about speed! Very helpful!

Briahna Reinstein

November 15th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL

Love even just browsing on the resource ! They have links to just about everything. Makes shopping very easy.

Tony

November 13th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google is my go to for finding exact clothing or shoe items that I find at the mall and love but don't love the high prices. I recently bought a pair of snow boots online that were $140 in the store but with google search, I found the same pair on sale for $120 and it had a coupon offer for an additional 25% off. Pretty Awesome!

Desi

October 17th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

Google is a very, very helpful resource. I always google everything. Everybody uses google. It has so much stuff, it's trustable, fast, and convenient. So thank you Google, for helping me everyday!!

October 15th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I enjoy the fact that you can shop securely on this site. If offer encryption that makes me feel safe using it and protecting my information.

ave

October 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping through Google. I can type in just about anything that I am looking for and up pops items with the description I typed in from various website on the web with prices and then a link to the website. It is great!

Zac Marx

October 8th, 2019 Brighton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Shopping is my number one way to shop. I can always find what I want, when I want it. I can always find the right pricing as well.

Ellen Morris

October 3rd, 2019 Potomac, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google has saved my life time and time again. I love the power of their search engine and the fact I can find anything through it.

Cassandra

October 3rd, 2019 Sunnyvale, CA

Google Shopping is what I use when I am looking for the best price on an item! It's so easy to compare prices from every website on Google's search.

Jaime

October 2nd, 2019 American Fork, UT

I use Google Shopping often when I am searching for an item to buy. I like that it gives me the option to compare the price at several different stores on one page. Super helpful.

Ted Johnson

October 1st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Shopping is easy to use and has access to so many products in so many areas. If you are looking for something, you will be able to find it with Google Shopping.

Joy Hill

September 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

It is always really easy to find things on Google. You search it and it comes right up! The customer service is great too.

Sage Robertson

August 4th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Shopping is soooo easy to use! They have the best algorithm out there to find the products you are looking for, for the best price.

Tracy Womack

August 3rd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Shopping is super easy to use. It is one of the best ways to find products that you are looking for, for the best price.

Keeli Hansen

July 28th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love google because it shows me all of the websites selling what I’m looking for at the best prices

Mazi Marcel Womack

July 20th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping on Google it is one of the easiest ways to find what I am looking for at a good price.

Paige Baldwin

July 11th, 2019 Wellsville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Shopping is so handy and helpful. They pull up a million options of what you’re looking for or you’d potentially buy. They usually show what is most adorable which I appreciate.

Jason

June 27th, 2019 Draper, UT

I like using Google Shopping as a shopping search engine because I can really narrow down my searches but get tons of great results.

Rylie Crandall

June 22nd, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like this shopping search engine because it pulls options from such a wide range of sellers, but sometimes there are too many options that it’s hard to narrow down.

Lilly

June 21st, 2019 Logan, UT

Whenever I need something specific I just type it into google and then go under shopping and it lists the items with the price and stores it’s at. Most helpful thing! I was in desperate need of a certain dress for an event and this is exactly how I found it.

Sierra Beck

June 18th, 2019 Herriman, UT

I often search for a product on Google and then select the shopping icon. It is helpful that I can look at the different tabs like all, images, and shopping and switch between them.

Curtis Garner

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great way to compare prices. By far the best way to get a feel for buying options, especially when you don't know exactly what you are looking for. Doesn't always find everything, so it is still worth browsing through sites devoted to the product type in question, but google shopping is a great way to identify major suppliers.

Anne Sainsbury

June 8th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was looking for a pair of boots, and googled brown ones! I was able to find the exact ones i wanted, buy them, and all in less than half an hour and for under $50! It was a great experience and I love my Aldo boots!

Marissa

June 7th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN

Google is my go to for everything. It is a great search engine, quick, efficient, and always gets me the results I need and want.

Alyssa skinner

June 4th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always use google when shopping online. The show many different products making it easy to find what I’m looking for and fast!

Tracy Hill

June 2nd, 2019 Draper, UT

I only use Google Shopping to get ideas for what I like since the searches pull from so many different sites and companies that it can get confusing and overwhelming

Liana

May 26th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is great if you are looking for more obscure items, such as collectibles, or want to avoid big-name stores like Amazon or Walmart. Support the little guy once in a while!

Julie Kincaid

May 24th, 2019 Soldotna, AK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What I love about Google shopping is that sometimes I need something and I am honestly not sure where to buy it! Google to the rescue! It is a quick and wonderful time and sanity saver.

BLF

May 19th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love to shop through Google Shopping because they have access to everything that is on the web and it can break everything down into categories. For example if I want to find a blue shirt with ruffles I can type in that search and it will pull every shirt up that it finds with those credentials.