Anyone who has ever spent more than a few minutes on the Internet know what Google is. The giant has been in business since 1998 and is synonymous with searching the Web. Google has also expanded considerably over the past decade, adding a number of tools, resources and business to its repertoire. One of these is Google Shopping, which, like its competitors, offer online buyers a look at products and comparisons of their prices. Google Shopping was started in 2002 and has undergone several rebrands and changes. The name became Google Search in 2012.

Amazon chevron_right
eBay chevron_right

The Good

• Timely products
  • Tech-heavy
  • Buying education
  • Price listing

Google Shopping has the following elements that you will like as an online shopper or merchant:

• Timely products. If it's summertime, Google Shopping will feature products that are unique to the season and popular in that particular time of year. If it's winter, the site will feature holiday items and those products used primarily in the winter. The same is true for other times of the year, where listed products are relevant and useful to the consumer based on the time of year it is.
  • Tech-heavy. Clearly, in this high-tech digital age, electronic products are extremely popular. Google Shopping specializes in these, and they are heavily featured on the site. Mobile devices and accessories, computers and related products are Google Shopping's specialties.
  • Buying education. Google Shopping provides a Google Commerce blog to give buyers and interested buyers the education they need to make wise online purchasing decisions. There is a natural tendency for some to be leery of buying from online sources, and Google Shopping will help clear up misconceptions, fears and questions.
  • Price listing. Prices shown include tax and shipping, so what you see in the product listings is what you will pay, so there's no need to worry about hidden fees or surprises.

The Bad

• Small selection pool
  • Customer service

Surprisingly, Google Shopping has some flaws and shortcomings that you should be aware of when deciding where to turn to for online shopping. Here are some things Google Shopping does not do well and needs to improve on:

• Small selection pool. In what might be a shock to some, Google Shopping does not have a large selection to choose from. There are only three listed categories on the home page. Of course, there is a search bar, where you may put in any product you want and wait and see what comes up. But if you are looking to narrow your search, you won't have that availability.
  • Customer service. It's difficult to get a hold of customer service. In fact, no email address or phone number is provided on the site. You have to go through the main Google company site to find any help.

Some prices are estimates. When you buy something, you want to know exactly what you're paying. While the price listings do include tax and shipping (as noted above in "The Good" section), many of the figures are merely estimates.

The Bottom Line

It shouldn't be hard to believe that a company of Google's stature would produce a high-quality product comparison and shopping site. Google Shopping is simple, to the point, and easy to use. There's nothing flashy about the site, but finding the products you're looking for is a breeze. Unless you like the ability to narrow searches through categories (which Google Shopping doesn't have), there's no reason you won't love Google Shopping.

Karen Torino

April 2nd, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love using google shopping to shop for items across multiple sites at once. It also helps me get a sense of how much the item I am looking for should cost.

Steve Jones

March 28th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google is my search engine of choice. I conduct multiple searches on it every day as it helps me with locating the item I'm shopping for and helps me find the best price!

Kogan Powell

March 18th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google is pretty good at guessing what your looking for and you can usually find what you need or something similar. It's not the first place I go to shop, but it's good to track down things you've seen in ads but can't find on amazon etc.

Austin Stelmach

March 17th, 2020 Boulder, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Shopping on google is almost too easy. They have quite a wide selection at low prices. I also really like how easy it is to compare prices. Highly recommend!

zoe

March 12th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

i really like to search for clothes on Google. there’s so many options of stores and a variety of clothes! when i use it it always shows what i searched for.

Myken

March 12th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google is my preferred choice for shopping online. It’s easy to use and I can always find what I’m looking for.

Brayden Ibert

March 11th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google makes shopping easier! The speech to text feature allows me to shop and compare prices quickly. I can also save my searches for future purchases.

Rocio Diaz

March 8th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really like using google shopping because it gives me different websites to shop for something, and most importantly the different pricing options.

Ashley Roberts

March 7th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google shopping is very easy to use and is always Fast even if my internet isnt working very well. The selection could be higher and there are alot of ads but it is generally a very good search engine for shopping

myles Ragas

March 7th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The clothing selection verys greatly. All the different styles make it easy to find what I need.

Josh Harold

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google shopping is easy to use. I’ve found many products that I would have payed more for if I did the search for it myself.

Emily

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can type in anything I want on google and find everything I could ever need. It shows multiple websites and price ranges so I can find the best product at the best price.

J Connelly

March 5th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love google! Super easy and user friendly! You can find anything and we feel we can trust it.

Elizabeth Klemm

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Shopping does a great job of showing you exactly what you need as well as the cheapest/best options for what you searched for. I have purchased items off of Google Shopping multiple times and I plan to continue to do so in the future.

Natalia Correa MDTribe

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

You can never go wrong with google. It covers all your bases and narrows down your searches to exactly what you need. Highly recommend starting here.

hmarashi

March 3rd, 2020 Newark, NJ

Google always has the results I need, no matter how obscure the search. This is reflected in its shopping feature.

SamO

March 3rd, 2020 Brigham City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google runs very well and come up with prices and item in a matter of seconds.I like to use Google to look for stuff and prices. I don't think it's the best but I think it's a good tool.

Kate Wilkins

March 2nd, 2020 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It’s so easy to find results when I type in key words. It brings up products that I didn’t even realize I was interested in!!

kaylee

March 2nd, 2020 Tremonton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Pretty good. They don’t always show you the best results, but you can usually find what you’re looking for. Sometimes they show more expensive things, and you can find it better somewhere else, but good for the most part

take7

February 27th, 2020 Sandy, UT

I never knew this was a thing until recently when it gave me options and discounts to shop through google. Impressed! I like that it gives you a snapshot of what's available out there and prices and then you can go from there. Hassle free and safe.

Mykahla Nelson

February 26th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google shopping is pretty similar to other shopping search engine! In my opinion it’s the best and has so many options to buy things! I bought some leggings and they came and were exactly what I wanted !

Rebecca

February 25th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Google Shopping. It helps me compare the prices and locations of tons of different stores.

Kayle Wilds

February 24th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the daily differant pictures posted. Fast speeds and always pulls up the sights I need.

Dwhoush

February 23rd, 2020 Pensacola, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Google shopping anytime I am looking for A specific item I want to buy. I love how it shows the different stores where I can buy it with the different prices. It even shows local and online.

Eddie Rios

February 22nd, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google shopping is so easy and fast that it makes you use them almost exclusively. They have tons of info on search engine results that it makes shopping fun at finding the lowest prices online for merchandise. I like how info is displayed and how relevant the search results are.

DeeDee G.

February 22nd, 2020 Norcross, GA

It's sort of hard to narrow down searches in here. Does not always reccomend quality clothing, buyer beware.

Michelle Rios

February 22nd, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Google Shopping a few times a month. I find that their platform is easy to use and that I have a variety to choose from. When I have to contact customer service, they are knowledgable and very helpful. Though I am a brick and mortar shopper, Google Shopping handles my online needs well.

Matthew Cota

February 21st, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always helpful , I find unique items sometimes can’t find at other sites I will use google to shop

Deryl

February 20th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Shopping is great because it shows so many recommendations of where to find certain products.

Nichole Hiatt

February 20th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Google Shopping a few times when comparing prices on the same product; a few times I have purchased through Google Shopping because they've offered a discount if I went through their shopping site. It was easy and quick, and I saved money.

Stephanie Love

February 19th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google is ALWAYS the search engine I use. If I don’t know the answer then I “google” it. I feel like you can’t find just about anything on google. I use it daily and it’s what I tell my girls to use. It’s super user friendly and it’s something I will continue using on a daily basis.

Jon Robinson

February 18th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the protection when buying through google shopping. I trust sites more that allow payment through google.

Kaitlyn Rios

February 18th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google shopping is fantastic. It is easy to use, and it is reliable. google shopping is needo!!

Audrey Mitchell

February 17th, 2020 Managua, MN

Google shopping has been awesome when first looking into purchasing an item. It gives a good range to start looking into pricing and what is available.

Aaliyah Lobendahn

February 16th, 2020 Orem, UT

I’ve never bought anything off of it but to get idea and where I could find things made is nice to search it on google and finding everything I needed without having to spend hours looking

amy rex

February 14th, 2020 ,

I like to use the search engine to see what is available and then go straight to the store to make purchases.

Halle Rex

February 13th, 2020 ,

They give you a lot of answers but not necessarily the best quality of options that are available.

Juliann Mecham

February 12th, 2020 Managua, MN

I think Google Shopping is a fantastic shopping search engine. I feel like there are a ton of options, and I wish they would narrow down the options with either quality or price or something.

RodrigoRamirez

February 11th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Honestly, I don't really like using google shopping. It's always a situation where the price looks great, so I click on it only to be sent down a rabbithole to a sketchy website/store or to a product that's no longer available.

Jenna Bagley

February 10th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Using Google's shopping feature makes it easy to find things online or near you which is the best part of the feature

Bryndie

February 10th, 2020 Managua, MN

Lots of good shopping results. Very convenient way to find what you’re looking for at every single budget. Super simple.

Amanda

February 8th, 2020 Montebello, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When shopping for clothing or accessories, Google is my top choice as a search engine because it allows me to find more options and the websites attached.

Makayla Manus

February 4th, 2020 Charlotte, NC

You can look up almost anything on google and expect to find something to buy. They have so much.

Darbles32

February 2nd, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Googles shopping search engine is still the best out of other search engines. It gives me the highest rated thing I am looking for in an easy way

Christina Shumway

February 2nd, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google shopping is great! They have so many different options and show me exactly how to purchase them.

Clarissa Crawford

January 31st, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google shopping works great! I can search anything and they give me so many options. It shows me where I can purchase the item. Google shopping is very helpful.

Seth

January 29th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google is my favorite! I use google first because I feel it has the most options.

Justin McMurtrey

January 29th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think has the overall best search engine online. We use them for advertising for our company and seems to tech the people we need. They are crest and getting the results we need.

Arielle Lawson

January 26th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google is my favorite search engine. It pulls up relevant results 98% of the time and offers prices on the shopping tab!

Jesse Rice

January 16th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

Every now and then you can go on here and find stuff that you need but most of the time not really