eBay gives both businesses and individuals the option to buy and sell online. They also boast being able to have people receive and send digital payments through PayPal. Not only just a place to buy and sell, they also offer commerce, retailing and digital marketing for their merchants. This is one of the largest online shopping places you can find to date. With more than 700 million products listed, you can find nearly anything your heart desires.

Amazon chevron_right
Google Shopping chevron_right

The Good

• Sorting fields
  • Time in business
  • Buy and sell

We love that there are so many sorting fields for each product which help narrow down what you are looking for. The fact that they have been in business for almost 20 years successfully is also a good thing in our opinion. This is also not just a place to buy items, but you can sell your own if you choose as well. Being able to bid on items sometimes means that you can get extremely good deals. The Buy it Now option also lets you bypass all the waiting that is done through auctioning, though be advised that you may pay a higher price to get it right then than if you participated in an auction.

The Bad

• Product comparison
  • Reviews

We really wish there was a way to compare products side by side, but with the variety of products being sold and by so many different people, this might not be something they will ever be able to offer. There are also no product reviews available. The wide range of products being sold and many of them from individuals instead of merchants might make this hard, but it would be a nice feature.

The Bottom Line

Overall is a good shopping engine if you aren't looking to compare items. There is such a wide array of products to choose from and they change daily so if you can't find what you need at first, you can wait and watch to see if something becomes available to you. There are so many features available to using eBay that make it easy to use.

Cassidy Gundersen

December 10th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ebay is a great tool to find used items at a great price! I have always had a good experience using Ebay. They have SO many items to choose from and have an effective process for bidding. I sometimes wonder about the legitimacy of some profiles- but I have never had a problem. I have always gotten my packages in a timely manner and it has looked at expected.

Lindsey

December 9th, 2017 American Fork, UT

I've never bought anything on eBay, because I've found cheaper options on other websites. I think certain items are cheaper on eBay, but in my experience it hasn't been cheaper.

Emerald Scott

December 5th, 2017 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Ebay is hit or miss on shopping. Sometimes the deals are great and sometimes you don't even get a decent product. I use it only when I can't find the item somewhere else. There's not a great way to check the validity of the seller and item.

Danielle

November 29th, 2017 Syracuse, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great prices, although i wish there was a better way of screening the sellers. I've had too many experiences where the item being sold was not the correct item. Because of that, I've yet to use EBAY again.

Hayley Lambdin

November 13th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I haven't used eBay in awhile due to Amazon but I use it every once in awhile when I am looking for a rare product. It's still a pretty great website! Awesome customer service as well.

Katelyn Petersen

November 8th, 2017 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use EBay frequently and I have never had any issues with the sellers or products.

Kent Jensen

November 8th, 2017 Newberg, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Tough to know what you are getting. Each vendor is different. Good variety and low prices but I am a little scared every time I order.

Darrell

November 6th, 2017 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have a good website and offer a lot of great products. I also feel comfortable contacting them with issues. They make selling and buying very easy and hassle free.

Jami Myers

November 5th, 2017 Victor, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was nervous about ordering from here. So far, I've only had good experiences with the sellers.

Gary Mayer

November 5th, 2017 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have been using ebay since the first year they started. I am happy to say their service allows me to shop from home without fighting the crowds. It also allows me to sell my products around the country.

Alex Murphy

November 2nd, 2017 Reno, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am always scared to buy things from here because I feel like I am going to be scammed. However, all of my experiences with purchasing things on Ebay have been positive. I have never been scammed on Ebay either

Pete

October 30th, 2017 Centerville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently bought some shoes from eBay that I couldnt find anywhere else. It was really easy to find them and order them, I would definitely use eBay again for items like this, ones that you can't find anywhere else will usually be here.

David

October 30th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Consumer protection has not been as good recently (if they were ever good).

Hyrum

October 26th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I got a package that had a textbook and I got an empty wrapper where the book was ripped out.

Breanna Jones

June 14th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I tend to be a little hesitant when shopping on eBay and buying something used but eBay guarantees every product that you buy so that makes me feel better about shopping here more. Prices are always pretty good. I hadn't done thing until recently but I shop for new items on eBay. I have found good deals on clothing items that are brand new. eBay needs to do a better job of letting people know that they don't only sell used/vintage items. eBay sells a lot of the same things Amazon does.

Kenneth Okerlund

June 13th, 2017

Really great place to go, especially if you have time to track items and work out when to bid. I've saved a lot of money by timing my bids really well and have had good experiences with the shipping timing.

Doyal Stewart

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I've used Ebay while looking at cars, but I was almost scammed once on a car. You have to be really careful when on Ebay. You can get some really great deals and find some very interesting and sometimes rare items, but you have to be careful not to get scammed.

Susan Stewart

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I've used Ebay only a couple of times and didn't really enjoy it. The layout is a bit outdated, it doesn't feel like there is all that much moderation going on, and I guess I just really don't like bidding wars. I know it's up to the seller, but I really hate when they don't have a buy now option. I guess that is just the nature of Ebay and it's just not for someone like me.

Erin St Pierre

June 9th, 2017

I use ebay a lot, and I have never had a problem that wasn't resolved quickly and efficiently. The customer service is friendly and helpful, and they vet sellers well.

Mark

June 9th, 2017

EBay is one of the sites I use for comparison shopping. It is rare that I have need of filing a complaint or to return an item, and the vendors have been cooperative. The majority of my purchases and deliveries have been satisfactory, and I will continue to shop at Ebay.com.