Anyone who has done any shopping online has no doubt used Amazon.com. Founded in 1995 and based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the king of online shopping. The company boasts an amazing $88 billion in revenue annually and has more than 183,000 employees. The company has a number of subsidiaries and does business internationally. Amazon is also very active in the community and has been a staunch contributor to charitable causes and efforts.

eBay chevron_right
Google Shopping chevron_right

The Good

• Reviews
  • Product selection
  • Ease of use
  • Shipping speed and options

Amazon is most likely the best known of any online shopping site. Its popularity can be traced in large part to the many wonderful aspects of its site and service. Here are just a few:

• Amazon.com provides a tremendous amount of customer reviews for each product. The reviews are thorough, well conceived and especially helpful if you are struggling to know whether a certain product is for you. You can see what the average star rating is for each product, giving you a fair idea of how good the product is.
  • Product selection. The product pool is practically endless. Everything from electronics to books to toys and many, many items in between are available. Even older items you might never find at a store can be found on their site.
  • Ease of use. Amazon makes the entire shopping experience a piece of cake. Even a novice online shopper can find and buy his or her product of choice with little problem at all. Products are easily searchable, and the checkout process is fast and easy.
  • Shipping speed and options. Your item might arrive at your door in as little as a day or two. If you are willing to spend a little more, you can opt for overnight shipping. Even standard shipping only takes a week or less.

Product quality. A purchase from Amazon will come to you just as if you ran down to the corner department store and picked up an item fresh off the manufacturing table. Rarely will you get a product that has flaws or damages, and if you do, Amazon will make it right.

The Bad

• Customer service
  • Product availability

There's not much to complain about when it comes to Amazon.com. Here are a few small items:

• Customer service could be better. If you need to make a change on an item, cancel an order or discuss any issue, customer service can be a little hard to work with. Response and resolution times are bit longer than one would like, and making order changes can be a hassle.
  • Product availability. Some products have limited availability whose selections go fast. You need to be prepared to act quickly if you see an item you want or it can be gone in a flash.

The Bottom Line

Clearly, Amazon.com is at the forefront of the online shopping industry. No one is better at providing an overall satisfactory customer service experience. Amazon is so good, in fact, that once you use it, you may very well never do online shopping anywhere else. Some people may never do much shopping at all at traditional stores. This is unfortunate for the competition, but the fact is that Amazon is an excellent option, and you are almost certain to like what it has to offer. There's no compelling reason to go anywhere else.

Fay Falatea

February 26th, 2020 Kaneohe, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon makes online shopping easy and shipping is free with prime. I order from Amazon maybe a couple times a week. I’ve ordered some Great products and I love the fast shipping!

Constance Falatea

February 26th, 2020 Kirkland, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am an Amazon buyer for sure! I love their products, delivery time and return policy and procedure whenever I need them.

AGenes

February 26th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love Amazon! Always go to there when I need to buy anything online to check prices and compare.

stevey shumway

February 26th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love amazon and feel that it is a great company always there to serve you the best they can. When looking for the product I need I never have trouble finding it. There are always several option to what I want and great quality products. The best part of amazon is the prime shipping. I often need something the next day and with Prime you can get one day delivery just like that! I would recommend using amazon to any of my friends.

Seth Boudoin

February 25th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My favorite buying company. I always trust this company to ship and buy products all the time. The company is trustworthy and I always has a wide selection that can benefit me and my other appliances as well.

Rebecca

February 25th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Amazon’s shopping search engine. You can find literally anything you want. The customer service is also amazing and they are super helpful.

Lorna Johnston

February 24th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon Prime is great. Very fast delivery and easy to use. You place an order and it is at your door in a day or two.

Melanie Johnston

February 24th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have found a wide variety of items on Amazon at a fair price. They delivery is quick and return policy is simple.

JR Suguturaga

February 24th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon usually has everything I need and the pricing is very competitive and affordable. The online process is simple very user-friendly.

Flora

February 24th, 2020 Lethbridge, AB DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You can find so many things with Amazon. Shipping is improving in my area and so I am more likely to use Amazon in the future.

Miki Suguturaga

February 23rd, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overall experience has been great. I think there are some improvements that could be made with shipping and subscription benefits.

Dwhoush

February 23rd, 2020 Pensacola, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is my #1 shopping place. I don’t mind waiting 1-2 days for something that is way cheaper. Amazon gives all the information the consumers need to make a decision on what item they want.

Adria

February 22nd, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love amazon. They have everything for with lots of reviews of products and so easy to shop

Clay Magee

February 22nd, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is a wonderful and a company I can trust. I know that if I order something with prime it will get to me quickly.

DeeDee G.

February 22nd, 2020 Norcross, GA

The ads that pop up for reccomend stuff are really annoying. Its also not stuff I want or need.

Preston Vaughan

February 22nd, 2020 Moselle, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Bet shipping site out there. Nothing has everything you could possibly need like Amazon

Holly Brown

February 22nd, 2020 Metairie, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

two day delivery for prime members is a game changer, and an amazing service used by my entire family

Michelle Rios

February 22nd, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Who hasn't used Amazon and been amazed with all of the products that you can find? We love the shipping options and have even paid for Prime when we were shopping a lot. We order from Amazon at least once a month and have been happy with the service.

David T

February 21st, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is so easy to use. They have everything you could want and ship it to your doorstep in 2 days. It is a no brainer.

Matthew Cota

February 21st, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast delivery find everything I’m looking for extremely helpful staff friendly service , everything arrives in good condition, have not had a problem

Braylyn Linford

February 21st, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love amazon they offer great service and great customer service and we like the products they offer

Jasmyne Love

February 20th, 2020 Hayward, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon Prime has never failed me. I order my packages last minute and they show up in three days. Amazon alone is a dependable shopping site that gives good prices and great items. I defeneilty think it's worth the extra money to do Amazon Prime.

Jaci Rhoades

February 20th, 2020 , TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My son love to play games (board games, Pop the pig games, etc.) We have been collecting games for the last year-and-a-half. The stores don't carry anything that we don't already have. Amazon always has the new game that my son is looking for at a much cheaper price.

Amanda Hodges

February 20th, 2020 Little Rock, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Amazon. What an amazing selection and fast delivery. I bought all of my Christmas presents from Amazon this year and it was the best decision because I did not have to drive to the box stores and fight the crowds of people. I also love the return policy. It is easy and fast and they have convenient locations that will take your returns and return them for free. I tell all my friends and have even set up a business account where I work.

Kaitlyn Rios

February 20th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon has dominated the internet with its highly useful online shopping site with multiple competing sellers. They are well organized and can help you make shopping decisions by price, quantity, new or used items, or delivery date. Basically you can choose whats more important to you. that makes Amazon a powerful tool.

Club Vinaka

February 20th, 2020 Lindon, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The only place to do all of your Christmas shopping! This Christmas I had a baby and Amazon saved me cause I could buy everything I needed and it was shipped quickly to my front door!! Love!!!!

tania moe

February 20th, 2020 Olive Branch, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had great experiences with Amazon. Even with many variables of making online shopping work consistently and effectively, I have only had maybe 2 or 3 instances where I've had a hiccup. That's a fantastic percentage. Also, they have made returns convenient and easy and the refund happens so much sooner than expected.

Deryl

February 20th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is a great shopping search engine because it gives so many options of everything.

Brenda Thomas

February 20th, 2020 Ferron, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon has been the best thing ever for me where I live in a rural area. You can order anything and get it right to your house. Whenever I have had trouble they always make it right.

Christina Bliss

February 20th, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love shopping on Amazon. You can find everything. They have amazing fast shipping and I love the free shipping that they offer to Prime Members. My daughter is a way at collage and when ever She needs something I just go onto Amazon and ship it to her and I don’t have to pay any extra for shipping. So convenient. I love it.

Angela

February 19th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love using Amazon! They're two day, and on some items now- one day- shipping makes my life as a busy mom so much easier!

Ron Vincent

February 19th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We use amazon on a regular basis and have always been satisfied with the timeliness and service that we receive. Reimbursements have always been prompt also.

JDWain

February 19th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love my amazon prime membership and I don't know what I would do without it, I live a busy life and it provides the convince of just ordering something and having it show up at your doorstep in just a few days.

Rebecca Horne

February 19th, 2020 Lewiston, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can always find anything i need on Amazon. It's nice that most items have reviews attached

Jon Robinson

February 18th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Most of my shopping is done on Amazon. I can find just about anything searching on Amazon.

Grace

February 18th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love shopping on amazon! Everything is way cheeper and all the stuff is still super cute. If I want something that’s expensive then I always go on amazon cause I can always count on them.

Riley Smith

February 17th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I use Amazon for almost everything! If we could buy food from there and still have it be good when it arrived we would do that too!

Audrey Mitchell

February 17th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon has been great to use when wanting to get food, supplies, and clothes fast. Having Amazon Prime is a must because it will save you time and energy!

Chantell Filiaga

February 16th, 2020 South Jordan, UT

Love Amazon. Especially around Christmas time. It’s my one stop shop for sure. Makes shopping 10x more enjoyable lol.

Rommie Bishop III

February 16th, 2020 Rexburg, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The search engine for amazon has been very easy to use, and helped me find what I am looking for everytime.

Lacey Horne

February 16th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Trust worthy reviews, love the fast shipping, and quality products. Love the variety of items I can find.

Annie Robbins

February 15th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so impressed with Amazon's customer service and the overall Amazon experience. The on line chat to see where my order is or to help get my refund has always been a pleasant experience where the representative is quick to meet my needs.

David Mourey

February 15th, 2020 Cleveland, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great merchandise, sold to Wonderful people at unbelievable prices, shipping is quick and easy and satisfaction is guaranteed!

Nesha Leonard

February 14th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love amazon so much. They are great about getting things in on time, or sometimes early. Always comes in good condition too.

GrandpaRod

February 14th, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The world is a better place because of Amazon. I love the low prices, the ease of selection, the fast delivery and the free delivery with Prime. For a man who wanted to sell books, Amazon has become like a trusted friend. And when I order something wrong or it is not what I wanted, I get a no hassle return policy. It's great.

norasugu

February 14th, 2020 Kaneohe, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is great for shopping for products I wouldn’t be able to find nearby. Don’t like how their workers are treated though, especially considering how Jeff Bezos is the richest person.

Lily Grant

February 14th, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Last year during Christmas my family bought allot of stuff off of amazon and for the most part we were able to get everything that we purchased without any issues, and in good time too.

amy rex

February 14th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon has their services figured out. Everything is easy and smooth transactions.

Stephanie Love

February 13th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolutely love amazon. They have been so reliable. I use amazon for 90% of my Christmas shopping. I have ordered other things online and have been so disappointed and have even ordered things that I never received. I’m to the point now that when I see something I want I check to see if I can order it thru Amazon and if I can’t , I don’t buy it. I just love how reliable amazon is and so affordable. I will continue to use them for my online shopping needs.

GS95ER

February 12th, 2020 Baytown, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to use, and item selection has been expansive. At least for me. Free two-day prime shipping is also a plus.