Anyone who has done any shopping online has no doubt used Amazon.com. Founded in 1995 and based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the king of online shopping. The company boasts an amazing $88 billion in revenue annually and has more than 183,000 employees. The company has a number of subsidiaries and does business internationally. Amazon is also very active in the community and has been a staunch contributor to charitable causes and efforts.

eBay chevron_right
Google Shopping chevron_right

The Good

• Reviews
  • Product selection
  • Ease of use
  • Shipping speed and options

Amazon is most likely the best known of any online shopping site. Its popularity can be traced in large part to the many wonderful aspects of its site and service. Here are just a few:

• Amazon.com provides a tremendous amount of customer reviews for each product. The reviews are thorough, well conceived and especially helpful if you are struggling to know whether a certain product is for you. You can see what the average star rating is for each product, giving you a fair idea of how good the product is.
  • Product selection. The product pool is practically endless. Everything from electronics to books to toys and many, many items in between are available. Even older items you might never find at a store can be found on their site.
  • Ease of use. Amazon makes the entire shopping experience a piece of cake. Even a novice online shopper can find and buy his or her product of choice with little problem at all. Products are easily searchable, and the checkout process is fast and easy.
  • Shipping speed and options. Your item might arrive at your door in as little as a day or two. If you are willing to spend a little more, you can opt for overnight shipping. Even standard shipping only takes a week or less.

Product quality. A purchase from Amazon will come to you just as if you ran down to the corner department store and picked up an item fresh off the manufacturing table. Rarely will you get a product that has flaws or damages, and if you do, Amazon will make it right.

The Bad

• Customer service
  • Product availability

There's not much to complain about when it comes to Amazon.com. Here are a few small items:

• Customer service could be better. If you need to make a change on an item, cancel an order or discuss any issue, customer service can be a little hard to work with. Response and resolution times are bit longer than one would like, and making order changes can be a hassle.
  • Product availability. Some products have limited availability whose selections go fast. You need to be prepared to act quickly if you see an item you want or it can be gone in a flash.

The Bottom Line

Clearly, Amazon.com is at the forefront of the online shopping industry. No one is better at providing an overall satisfactory customer service experience. Amazon is so good, in fact, that once you use it, you may very well never do online shopping anywhere else. Some people may never do much shopping at all at traditional stores. This is unfortunate for the competition, but the fact is that Amazon is an excellent option, and you are almost certain to like what it has to offer. There's no compelling reason to go anywhere else.

Jack N

July 21st, 2018 Provo, UT

They have made life a lot better overall just because of how fast their orders come in and how quality their products are.

Mallory

July 20th, 2018 Mesa, AZ

Amazon has everything you are looking for. It is my first stop when I am looking for something specific.

Boston Whipple

July 17th, 2018 Provo, UT

Amazon has lots of stuff and many sellers so it is relatively easy to find what you want. Their shipping is really fast and generally reliable. I have used their wedding registry and when I called in with questions the worker was really helpful and kind.

Anne Starley

July 17th, 2018 Mukilteo, WA

I use Amazon for everything. Like pretty much everything. Now I never need to leave the house!! Plus I love the Wish List feature.

Rob Whipple

July 16th, 2018 Mesa, AZ

Great variety of products and vendors. Good communication with sellers if there is a concern. Easy return policies. Fast delivery.

Karen Nelson

July 14th, 2018 Alpine, UT

I love amazon. Everything comes in one or two days and it has virtually everything I want on there. Returning is also extremely easy and often times free. Every single thing is easy about amazon.

Sadie Scoville

June 10th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love how amazon always has whatever you need on their website. You search for something you want and there is a variety of options to pick from.

Madge Easton

June 9th, 2018 Orem, UT

I like amazon's prime. I can usually find what I'm looking for. Sometimes you pay a little more for the product but it is worth it to get it in just a few days and right on time as to when they tell you it will be delivered to you.

CAROLE SCOVILLE

June 9th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I start every stropping session on Amazon because they have everything and I love how there are tons of customer reviews on all the products

H Moore

June 8th, 2018 Lehi, UT

We use Amazon for a lot of their products, everything from clothing, to vitamins, to groceries, and shoes. I bought my husband a watch for Christmas and it shipped in two days, and he loves it. Amazon had a great return policy, and money is refunded as soon as you mail it back.

Adam Crawley

June 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I've used Amazon several times and am always impressed with how fast they get my purchased products to me. In addition, their website is easy to use and the customer service is impressive.

Preston Fowler

June 6th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon has always fulfilled what it said it was going to do, and never lets me down on my orders. If I want to buy something I almost always check to see if they have it on Amazon first, because I know that it will be fair priced and ready to use.

L. Fowler

June 2nd, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am able to find several items at a time when I use Amazon and it is simple to use. It is easy to use and has uncomplicated features.

Bella Houtz

May 26th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is awesome, it is really useful and has fast delivery. It is a really easy way to get what you need without leaving your house.

David Lewis

May 1st, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is honestly the best shopping experience online. It has the most products and I love the Amazon Prime benefits. I watch many of the movies available. I use Amazon Music Unlimited. I order lots of products and benefit from the 2 day shipping. I really like how easy Amazon's website is to use.

Schon

May 1st, 2018 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve never had a bad experience with amazon. I can usually find what I’m looking for at prices at or below other shopping competitors.

Rebecca

April 30th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is great! Always provides useful and relevant information and helps me to find the best deals.

Trent

April 30th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is great. It is easy to use and easy to find just what I am looking for at the right price.

Julia Scoville

April 25th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that I can look up things by price and what's the cheapest. I can usually get a really good deal.

P. Palmer

April 17th, 2018 El Paso, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love amazon! I can find whatever I need and its always cheaper than at the store. I also like that I can read all the reviews about a product before I buy it.

Amanda

April 16th, 2018 Sherwood, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I LOVE amazon! I have a prime account with them and shop so much on it! I also have their Credit card for the 5% money back reward! I love it! Gives me 25 to 50 bucks back each month to use on amazon! I buy my baby diapers through subscribe and save and recommend it to everyone! It gives me great discount on diapers and wipes (20% off) which makes them always cheaper than costco! Amazon is just the best! you can literally find ANYTHING on it!

Andrea Smith

April 16th, 2018 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I usually use Amazon when I'm using a shopping search engine because the service is good and I can find anything I'm looking for. The Amazon brand helps provide shipping and guarantees from their party vendors that are give me confidence in what I'm purchasing.

Chase H

April 16th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LOVE IT! Great for the free 2-day shipping for prime members. Also, the Amazon private label products are hidden gems. Super low prices!

Michael

April 15th, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to use. And helpful reports. Nice!

Landon Robison

April 8th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is an amazing place to do your shopping. If you are going to be using it often, I would recommend getting Amazon Prime; it makes shipping on most items completely free, and if you are a student, you get it for half of the regular price. I have never had any issues with Amazon, and they have the best customer service I have come in contact with. Their first priority is to make sure the customer gets what they want. Amazon is awesome.

Nathan

April 7th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The first place I look when I want something is amazon. They do such a great job here and I have never had any problems with their services.

Spencer Goodworth

April 7th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I bug product through them as well as sell through them. Recommended all around.

Tiffany

December 19th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon has changed my life. It is so easy to find products and not have to go hunting them down at stores! I love my free two day shipping with my Prime membership. It is well worth the cost of the membership. Plus I love all the other little perks they throw in like free music, movies, subscribe and save. I even ordered my Christmas cards from them this year! They make it so easy and convenient and that is why I do 90% of my shopping with this amazing company! I can order my product with one click and it comes straight to my door. It doesn't get much better than that!

Mark Frogley

December 19th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon Prime is the best thing that ever happened to me....besides my wife....and children....I guess. I would recommend Amazon Prime to the world... and it's dog.

Natasha

December 18th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You can find anything for great deals here! I bought new mirrors for my truck and even got my husband's wedding ring fro here.

Jacinda E

December 18th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We use Amazon all the time to look at reviews with certain products and to buy. I like how easy it is to use and the variety of what you can shop for. My one complaint is returning items.

TJ

December 17th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is great! it makes purchasing things online so easy. I can always find a better deal on Amazon than anywhere else. I recently saved $200 on printer toner because I decided to check amazons prices prior to buying at Staples.

Suzanna Wootton

December 16th, 2017 Springville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I buy so many things on amazon! It is so convenient and amazon prime is amazing because I get the product in 2 days. I love it!

Hannah

December 14th, 2017 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my go to for shopping for just about anything on earth. Most always pulls up what I am looking for. I love the abundance of reviews for other buyers. It is super easy to use. I spend way too much money here.

Megan Rigby

December 12th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is wonderful! I am a prime member and love that so many products are available with prime shipping. I don't have to pay extra for shipping costs and the topping on a very large cake is I receive said package in 2 days sometimes faster! its awesome!!

Sherry Wootton

December 11th, 2017 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every Item purchased has been great. The checkout process is easy and account information is secure.

Cassidy Gundersen

December 10th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can’t say enough good about Amazon. Amazon prime is a lifesaver for our family. I do so much of my shopping online for groceries, clothing, home items, decor, books, and more. I love their 2 day shipping and free returns. It makes shopping easy and affordable. I am often able to find things on Amazon for half of the price that I can find them elsewhere. Amazon is my go-to for everything.

Lindsey

December 9th, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is great. I've bought so many things online, and if I have an issue with it, they're very easy to work with in returning products - even if the individual stores are hard nosed and ridiculous to work with.

Karen

December 5th, 2017 Frisco, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I don't shop a lot online, but when I do, I usually use Amazon. I have always had a positive experience with them. All of the items I have received from them have come during the time frame they said it would come and items are well packaged so as not to be damaged. The one time I had to return an item because it broke shortly after using it, Amazon was great in helping me get my money back from the vendor using their site.

Emerald Scott

December 5th, 2017 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Amazon! I have been a prime member for a long time. I do most of my shopping here if I can. It is easy to find any item and there is almost always sales going on. Amazon usually has the best prices for any item. Dealing with their customer service is always a pleasant experience as well.

Tara Beckert

December 5th, 2017 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon offers just about any product I can think of. Shipping is fast and the products I've received have been high quality. I've used Amazon Prime for about a year now and love the two day shipping. It has been well worth the monthly subscription for me.

Tonia Gray

December 2nd, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love Amazon! We have prime and have saved so much on shipping and get items in only 2 days. We have used them monthly for over 2+ years. Have only had to return 1 item and it was quick and easy. Christmas has become so much easier!

Chris Johnson

December 1st, 2017 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the convenience of being able to order something (anything really) on Amazon, and knowing it will get delivered quickly and in good condition. The return process has also been very easy.

Evan Rasmussen

November 29th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My market place. great deal, free 2 day shipping can't beat that

Raquel

November 29th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love amazon and love amazon prime. When I needed to cancel an order customer service was great. Very attentive to detail to make sure they got it right.

Jill Dastrup

November 24th, 2017 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

What is there not to love about amazon. They have anything and everything and great customer service

Danielle

November 24th, 2017 Syracuse, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon has been an absolute life changer for me. I’m a busy mom of 3 kids, so I get all of my Christmas, birthday shopping, etc through amazon. Absolutely LOVE amazon!!

Nichole Davidson

November 13th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The selection alone is worth shopping on Amazon. It's convenient, great user interface, easy to use and buy from with good pricing options. I can support smaller sellers or from bigger users or directly from Amazon. I've also used Amazon to look up product information and images rather than to buy them, especially with books. You can look at a few pages to give you an idea on what the book looks like and how big it is. Amazon also has a lot of great services that help you save money like Amazon Pantry or Prime. Shipping is also great and reliable. Amazon has a ridiculous amount of fulfillment centers/warehouses and that is the reason they are able to offer free 2 day shipping.

Luke Gibson

November 12th, 2017 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon is wonderfully consistent with both the price and range of products it offers as well as the customer service it provides. They've quickly fixed any problem I've had beyond my satisfaction. The only complaint I have about them as a corporation is that many of their departments suffer from an epidemic of overworking their employees to extremes. As a graphic designer, I can attest through my relationships with people involved that it is *not* a healthy or family-friendly place to work, especially for those in the creative field. I feel that if this one problem was fixed, Amazon would be a five-star corporation.

Katelyn Empey

November 9th, 2017 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazon has everything I need and more. If I could spend all of my money, it would be with Amazon and especially on Amazon Prime. Their customer service is awesome to deal with as well!