Best Company Scholarship
Here at Best Company, we understand the importance and impact of innovation. As such, we are dedicated to building opportunities and investing in the future by offering a $2,500 scholarship to individuals who are pursuing higher education in technology or a related field.
Whether you’re enrolling in school for the first time, continuing your ongoing education, or stepping back into the classroom for the first time in years, we want to help you achieve your dreams.
This scholarship will be awarded to an individual who demonstrates commitment to making the world a better place through innovation and technology.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years old and a legal resident of one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia
- You must currently be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate, graduate, or vocational program, or be planning to enroll in a full-time undergraduate, graduate or vocational program during the entirety of the 2017-2018 academic program at an accredited career college, technical school, or two- or four-year college or university in the United States
- You must be pursuing a degree related to technology (i.e. computer science, software engineering, management information systems)
- You must not be an employee or affiliate of Best Company, or an immediate family member of a Best Company employee or affiliate
How to apply
To apply, please provide the following:
- A 1-2 page essay on how you plan to improve the world through innovation or technology
- Proof of full-time enrollment in undergraduate, graduate, or vocational program (this can be obtained from the registrar at your school)
- Please submit your application through the Best Company Scholarship Entry Form: Click here.
Deadline to apply
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applications must be submitted no later than Saturday, November 4th, 2017.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of Best Company employees. Three finalists will be selected and asked to participate in a 30-minute phone or video interview with the committee. After the interviews have been conducted, a single recipient will be chosen and awarded. The committee’s decision is final and binding.
Notification and payment
- One scholarship winner will be selected
- The winner will be notified using the email address entered on the Scholarship Entry Form no later than November 15, 2017
- If a winner fails to respond to Best Company’s attempts to notify them within 5 business days, an alternate winner will be selected
- The scholarship award will be non-transferrable and will be made in the form of a check payable to the eligible institution of higher education attended by the recipient
- No cash equivalent awards will be given and the scholarship may not be transferred or exchanged for cash
- The scholarship is a one-time award only
Additional terms and conditions
- Applications for the 2018 school year are open from April 1, 2017 to November 4th, 2017
- Applications received after 11:59 PM PST on November 4th, 2017, will not be considered
- Essays should be written in English and must be no longer than one typed page
- Your essay and accompanying information must be submitted through the Scholarship Entry Form page to be eligible
- You may only submit one application per calendar year
- Applications must be submitted in accordance with any technical specifications set forth in the application
- Applications will automatically be declined if not correctly completed and submitted
- Best Company assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an application as a direct or indirect result of a technical problem or any kind of internet malfunction
- The scholarship winner may be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and a publicity release where permitted by law, as well as provide information necessary for compliance with any applicable laws; failure to comply may be grounds for disqualification
- A winner will be disqualified for any of the following reasons: failure to provide proof of identity, any required affidavit, or any requested tax forms (including IRS W-9 forms) within 15 business days of notification; or violations, as determined in Best Company’s sole discretion, of the submission or eligibility rules
- In the event of disqualification, an alternate winner will be selected
About Best Company
At Best Company, we are committed to arming consumers with the information they need to find companies they can trust. Best Company ranks and reviews companies in hundreds of different industries. Unlike other review sites, companies listed on bestcompany.com cannot buy their position, nor is a company’s ranking manipulated or inflated by Best Company for financial gain. A company’s ranking is based on and calculated by an objective set of ranking criteria, as well as user reviews. Our goal is to help consumers make big purchase decisions easier and without regrets—no more buyer’s remorse.
For any questions related to this scholarship, please email [email protected] with the subject line “Scholarship Inquiry.