Comcast Xfinity TV Logo

Comcast Xfinity TV

8.9

Xfinity is a TV, internet, phone, and home security provider and streamlines its services to work together — anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Xfinity Cable TV plan options allow customers to watch hundreds of channels, view local programs, and record their favorite shows. However, Xfinity doesn’t stop there. With the X1 TV Box, customers can watch live TV or switch to their favorite streaming service for the ultimate entertainment experience.

Xfinity TV, though comparable to a number of Satellite TV providers, is a Cable TV service. This suggests that it can avoid the frustrations caused by weather or other circumstances that Satellite Dishes and fiber-optic cables might experience.

Xfinity has been in business since 1981. It was originally called Comcast Cable until 2010, when Comcast Communications decided to roll out the name Xfinity. Xfinity also offers high-speed internet, home security, home phone, and mobile services which can be bundled for lower pricing.

Read our customer reviews to find out if Xfinity is right for you.

The Good

• No Contract Option
  • 1-Year Price Lock
  • X1 DVR
  • Bundling Options
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Other Xfinity Services

No Contract Option

Xfinity offers a no-contract option for its TV services for customers who prefer not to be locked into a contract or for those who don’t plan on using the services for long. The no-contract option will cost $10 more a month, but customers can cancel at any time.

1-Year Price Lock

Xfinity has a price lock guarantee even for packages that do not come with a contract. This means that when customers are promised a price (for the first 12 months of service), Xfinity will honor that agreement for the entire year, regardless of whether the customer signed up for a 2-year contract.

X1 DVR

Xfinity’s X1 DVR has unique features that set it apart. Customers can use the X1 Voice Remote to say what they want to watch and easily access results from live TV, On Demand, DVR recordings and more. The X1 DVR will also give customers recommendations based on the shows they’re currently watching. The Xfinity Stream App allows users to stream live TV, DVR recordings, and more whether they’re at home or watching Xfinity on campus.

*HBO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. To access Netflix on Xfinity X1 requires an eligible X1 set-top box with Xfinity TV and Xfinity Internet service. Limited to Netflix members who are residential customers. Netflix on X1 uses your Internet service and will count against any Xfinity data plan. Netflix streaming membership required.

Bundling Options

Customers can bundle their internet, phone, home security, and TV package and save even more. For example, customers can get the X1 Save Pro Triple Play plan (internet and TV) for just $79.99 per month (with the 1-year agreement) and receive the following benefits:

• Download Speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • 140+ Channels
  • Unlimited Calling Nationwide with Xfinity Voice
  • 20 Hours of DVR Service
  • Popular Channels: FX, TLC, HGTV, and Bravo

A plan that includes a home security service will bump up the plan price, but for many customers, the sense of security is worth it.

Money-Back Guarantee

Xfinity offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee for its TV, internet, home security, and home phone services. There is a 14-day, money-back guarantee for the Xfinity mobile devices and services. This is good for customers who want to try out what Xfinity has to offer but are unsure if it is the right choice for them.

If for any reason you are not pleased with the product or service that has been offered by one of the Xfinity packages, you can go back within the 30-day or 14-day periods that are allotted to request a refund. This is one of the ways that Xfinity works to ensure customer satisfaction.

Other Xfinity Services

In addition to offering Cable TV, Xfinity is also a provider of a number of other specialized services. These additional services are outlined as follows:

• Xfinity high-speed internet — Xfinity claims that its internet service offers reliable internet speeds, enhanced coverage, advanced security, and customizable WiFi with extenders, cameras, and more. The Wi-Fi that accompanies this plan is known as xFi. One of the advantages of using Xfinity internet is that you are able to use your own modem and router (not all models comply). If you do decide to use your own modem and router, you will get high-speed internet, but you will not unlock xFi Wi-Fi. Basic prices start at $29.99 per month.
  • Xfinity mobile — Xfinity mobile offers users what Xfinity claims to be the best LTE, unlimited talk and text on up to five lines, flexible data options, and the possibility of using your old phone from an old plan. When you add your mobile services to your internet plan, you can get discounted pricing. Each unlimited line starts at $45.00 per month. As part of this service, you are able to connect to millions of Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots to help save money and data.
  • Xfinity home security — Xfinity offers two home security plans. The pricing for both of these plans does not include equipment. Pricing for packages for equipment ranges from $15.00–$25.00 per month (subject to a 24-month contract), or one-time payments of $360.00–$600.00 depending on the size of system that you would like to get.
    • The basic home security plan provides you with 24/7 professional monitoring, smart home control, real-time alerts, cellular system backup, live HD video, and the Xfinity home app. This plan starts at $40.00 per month.
    • The home security plus plan provides everything that is included in the regular plan plus 24/7 video recording, motion-activated recording, artificial intelligence that detects people, vehicles, and pets, and the ability to look back on specific archived moments. This plan starts at $50.00 per month.
  • Xfinity home phone — The Xfinity home phone offers you unlimited nationwide calling, reliable call clarity, and advanced features such as readable voicemails. You can connect your home phone to the Xfinity Connect app to manage your voicemail and make and receive calls from your home phone while on the go.

The Bad

• Early Termination Fee
  • Additional Fees
  • Consumer Complaints

Early Termination Fee

Signing a 1-year or 2-year contract with Xfinity can help customers save $10 per month, but it does come with a catch. Customers can expect to pay around $100+ in early termination fees; although the fees will vary based on the service level and how much time is remaining on the contract.

While early termination fees are not uncommon in the industry, many customers are surprised when they cancel their contract and the fee is applied to their bill.

To combat the early termination fee, customers can sign up for a shorter contract — which will cost more per month but can save customers money if they end the contract early, or they can sign up for one of Xfinity’s no-contract plans.

Additional Fees

Xfinity’s base packages are reasonably priced; however, customers may find their bill going up if they are not careful. Customers should be aware of these potential charges:

• Broadcast TV Fee — up to $10 per month
  • Regional Sports Fee — up to $8.25 per month
  • HD Technology Fee — $10 per month
  • X1 DVR — $9.95 per month
  • Premium Channels — start at $10 per month
  • Professional Installation Fee — typically between $40–$80

To ensure that you are not confronted with hidden fees, it would be in your best interest to talk through the details of a contract with a representative. This will help get all of the hidden fees out into the open.

Consumer Complaints

A number of our user reviews have explicitly complained about how poor Xfinity’s customer service experiences have been. With cable TV companies, issues are guaranteed to arise and need to be resolved quickly. Most complaints discussed how long it took to get in touch with a customer service representative.

The Xfinity website does provide a lot of information; however, some customers have stated they feel the website is confusing and aims to hide important information (especially regarding costs and fees).

The Bottom Line

One of the biggest perks for Xfinity TV is the cloud DVR service. Being able to watch shows anywhere you want on any device is great for those who are always on the go. Another plus for Xfinity is their no-contract option and the 30-day, money-back guarantee, which allows customers a little more flexibility with their plan. Customers will need to keep an eye on their bill as additional fees can be added. Consumers can also expect to see their bill go up after the first year or two when the price lock ends and they start paying the standard rate. This isn’t unusual in the industry but can come as a shock to unsuspecting customers.

Xfinity offers a wide range of services to meet the needs of all its customers. Whether you’re a sports fan or prefer a good binge-watching session, Xfinity’s TV service has a quality plan that will suit your needs. To see if Xfinity is available in your area or if you want more information on Xfinity's TV services, we recommend you call or visit the company site to see what it has to offer.

2.3

morshed niaz Bogra, 03

I've been a client of Xfinity for quite a while. What's more, for reasons unknown my web continued kicking every one of the gadgets off. I called to talk with somebody to determine my issue. Backing was totally amazing. He not just sorted out my concern with my web yet exceeded everyone's expectations to assist me with the issues with my TV far off

1 day ago

Jennifer Gardner Spring Grove, PA

I have been a xfinity customer for 10 years now I have never had any problems with them and when I see my payment go up I call customer service and they check to see what promotions are available and they put me into the promotion to lower my bill down customer service is very excellent

Frank Herbert Portland, OR

Over the years Comcast has had a poor reputation for service but we have not found that to be true. The installation was quick and competent and our one repair call was done very well. I think the cable business model pay price them out of the market eventually as streaming services are cheaper but for the moment Xfinity is the best for us. We have one cable box, a DVR and wi-fi to three other TV sets. We pay extra for Netflix and Amazon but get Peacock included for free from Xfinity.

pencraftco Portland, OR

I wanted internet only. Very difficult to obtain via their web site or by phone at a reasonable price after my initial promo price expired. However, one of the phone reps kindly advised my to go to a store. He was right. The guy in the store had no problem coming up with a decent internet only plan. I pay more than I did on the first year promo, but not by a lot. The service has been reliable.

Tosha R Harriman, TN

I love this company it is the best TV company there is right now the DVR and recordings are great and easy to do it is way better than competing TV companies and I love the remote

Diana Clarks Summit, PA

Love all the availability of channels and streaming services. Wish the bundles were cheaper but I do like xfininty much better than directive than we had for decades. Love how it records your shows even during a power outage

Jeanineann06 Adrian, MI

I love Comcast. Very affordable, great customer service, and I never have to worry about wonky service or my connections going in and out. Not too mention how accommodating they have been through the whole pandemic.

COLLEEN STARKE Lithonia, GA

I LOVE THE WAY COMCAST WORKS. THEIR REMOTE CONTROLS AND EASY ACCESS TO WHAT EVER MOVIE OR TELEVISION SHOW I WANT TO WATCH IS FANTASTIC. I'M VERY SPOILED WITH COMCAST, HOWEVER, THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NOT THAT GREAT.

Kimberly Lizeth Hernandez Humble, TX

Personally, I have been a customer of Comcast Xfinity Tv for about two years now and I couldn't be happier. A lot of the times other companies just aren't reliable., they tend to change up prices and rates after you sign a contract. Of course with Comcast Xfinity TV they have been there for me every step of the way.

Daniel Johnson Wonder Lake, IL

I have been very happy with Comcast Xfinity ever since I began using their service. They provide excellent, and thorough, customer service and information, enabling me to make wise decisions to fit my budget and viewing / listening entertainment . I choose their service above all others.

Rodney ,

I stopped in on my lunch break and told the Xfinity rep, Mark O., that I needed to get this done in 20 minutes to get back to work on time. My Internet speeds were horrible and I needed some resolution to the problem. He quickly discovered that the Router I purchased was too old and out of date. He set me up with the latest Equipment and it worked great for us. The whole house, including our finished basement, is getting very reliable wifi coverage. Honestly, I didn't expect it would help but it works great. He took care of me quickly and I made back to work on time. Great job Mark.

Terry Aparicio Townsend, TN

Thru the amazing service that the installer Devin (3008) provided us on January 25th when he installed my business internet account, we learned what all the representatives on the phone were telling us that was impossible...that we can add TV's to our account. I can not imagine how the phone representatives are not interested in makin money for the company, but thanks God for Comcast/Xfinity that you have a very dedicated employee (Devin) who promoted your business. We were blessed to have him as the installer for the TV's as well. GREAT JOB!!!!

Justice Roberts Savannah, GA

The man Dave that came and installed I’m my homes security system was very professional and nice. He was great at his job and even helped with some other things around my home that needed fixing. Great customer service, wish we could only deal with him if we ever have a problem. Thank you Dave and Xfinity!

Angela Hart Tacoma, WA

I just want to say I love my service I love the welcoming a d the very nice customer service. I also want to say that I really like the way you are helping the community and all the help you do. It makes me so happy for people like you!!!!

Rachel Lafayette, LA

Mohhamed A employee number 1597 showed up in the most respectful way. He was able to answer all of our questions without hesitations meaning he is very knowledgeable at what he is doing. He helped us with our entire house which was not easy and he did it with such grace . 100% would recommended to xfinity to all of my family members and friends and for number 1597 do the install because having that comfort in knowing it’ll be done right is priceless. -rachel

Margarita Roldan Denver, CO

I called this morning about a problem with my router and the agent, her name is Wen R from Minnesota was really nice and patient with me! If i interrupted her, she let me finish and then proceeded to inform me with a lot of information I didn't know about and was not informed by the technician who came to install my router! Please give her some type of recognition, as I know what it's like to call customer service during the pandemic and have rude agents speak to me.

Mo Jr O ,

Cool service, love the internet options. I hate that when you return service items it's always an extra process in them entering your information into the computer. I am personally not big on cable channels, just the internet and all the wonderful apps out on EARTH. I dislike paying for the same exact channels EXAMPLE: CHANNEL 223 & 420 will be the same channel playing same thing. Cable channels are over rated to me, they are great for internet!

Mabel Amar Westford, MA

I visited the Xfinity store on 62 Second Ave, Burlington Ma 01803 . Linnea helped me with my problem. She was professional and friendly. She is knowledge. She understood my problem and took care of it quickly. Thanks, Linnea.

macmoran family Stockton, CA

By far, the best Sat TV service -- good choice of venue, solid customer service and when the contract is up, willing to work with you on new service. Comcast doesn't want you to leave and will go that extra mile to keep you as a customer.

Mileena Colón Attleboro, MA

I’ve been a long time customer. My family has had xfinity since I was a child and I’m now 25 and have it for my home. They are always responsive and they always look out for me when there are better deals out. They have the best internet and cable service hands down.

Dr. Daniel R. Thomas North Port, FL

I have been with comcast for 8 years now. Their personal service has helped me receive outstanding programming for the lowest possible cost. As a disabled veteran, each year their sales reps worked hard for me to obtain the higheat possible discounts available. They are kind, compassionate and caring individuals. It is nice working with humans!

Kyle Bucher Fishers, IN

This is an amazing service! If you're looking for cable TV and internet, this is it. And if you'd like to add home Security - then there's no choice here!! Comcast Xfinity is the top of hte line in technology and service. They update their system on occasion, and proactively send you the updated hardware, adjust your bill, and make sure they're keeping you up with the top notch service.

JAYE Monterey, CA

5 stars to the representative who helped me 1 star for the actual cable service. I would just like to thank Amyn who helped me with my servive tonight. I was annoyed that our demand movies wouldnt play and she was very nice even when I started to get annoyed and even though she probably really wanted to tell me to piss off she didnt and still was nice and she fixed the problem. It seems like comcast always has issues or problems. If we didnt have to get this service where we live We would have switched years ago! The 5 stars goes to the rep that helped me not to the actual service itself that always seems to have some sort of problem or issue and who way over charge for their service.

Marbly Houston, TX

My internet cable was accidentally cut during some landscaping work. I called Xfinity and they scheduled a repair for the following day between 9 AM and 11 AM. The technician arrived within the scheduled time and fixed the problem. The reason I am writing this review is because customer service (especially with the big companies), has become so poor that many have become cynical and come to expect less and less. I would like to thank Xfinity for their professionalism and keeping to their word. It should not be the case that people are thanked for what they should do but, well, it is what it is. Thank you Xfinity!

Trevene ,

Comcast hands down has the best TV and internet service. I was with this company from May 2013 until January 2020. The selection of movies and TV shows is endless and amazing. The internet service was fast and uninterrupted and of the phone was an added bonus. Now the cost of the triple which is what I had all the years, starting out at good price $89 per month. However, the price increased every time I moved. I moved to another location in 2015 and they hiked my price up then in 2017 when I moved again they hiked my price up to $289 per month. They claim that my location called for a different price. As a result, I was force to discontinue with them at which point they billed me a early termination for each service.

Meylin tobon Portland, OR

I’ve always had the best experience with this tv provider. There’s nothing one phone call to customer service can’t fix.

sonia ann Brewton, AL

I love Comcast. We have amazing tv service tons of channels and I also have internet with them and it’s so fast and always online.

john durham

solid, when you have problems or if there is issues in your hood, they are all over letting you know..i have bought more services and very happy..responsive as hell creating a good peace of mind

Anne Tallahassee, FL

Comcast offer a variety of channels and has great deals for whatever you are looking for. The customer representative agents that I dealt with were very nice and patient; they understood my situation and helped me to find a beneficial solution.

Queendom Ally Miami, FL

I never have any issues ever & they respond super quickly if something comes up. They will get you a tech lightning fast. Their customer service is amazing & they're reasonable with pricing because they always have bundle deals even for existing customers. I love them.

Mari Clarkston, GA

I have been a customer of Comcast for 5 years. I recommend this company for great service and lowest rates for what they offer. Anytime I have had any issues Comcast has been great with their response time, and resolution through troubleshooting. Their internet service is what I mainly use, and I can say it is always fast.

Justin Williams Medford, NJ

Customer service 98% of the time fixed my issue and the other 2% that they can’t it’s because I’m not explaining something properly that’s going wrong. Internet gig speed is fantastic and we have a “smart” house with a ton of devices and it’s still very quick!

Beauty Crew SRQ ,

I am so pleased and impressed with Comcast’s professionalism, reliability and sympathy during a difficult time in my life. Thank you so much Zoe and Comcast for being not only the best, problem free service I have had but for thinking of the customers needs and circumstances, instead of $$$$... I will never forget your loyalty and highly recommend your services To everyone.

Lizzy Puentes Tallahassee, FL

Xfinity tv is such a great tv provider. It has so many channels to choose from for such a great price. The quality of each channel is clear, even during a rainstorm. There are also tons of movie channels. You can add other subscriptions for a small additional charge. They also have on demand which allows you to watch previously aired tv shows and movies without having to record them to a dvr.

Janeen Turgot Boca Raton, FL

ALWAYS A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH COMCAST/XFINITY SO FAR LIVING IN SOUTH FLORIDA THIS PARTICULAR MOVE WAS EXTRA SMOOTH 🙂👍🏽 1. Moved on Sept 30 to Boca Raton FL 2. Picked up cable boxes and cables at Comcast/Xfinity 3. Told I could just plug and play (that’s not always the case) and it wasn’t which is fine 4. Had to schedule a technician to make it all come together 5. Technician Sylvan R Hendricks was the best....knowledgeable, professional, friendly THANKS TO HIM and XFINITY for amazing service

Satisfied Scranton, PA

I had my service shut off 2 different times and fees added to my account within the same month. I don't have enough space or time to explain everything. I called one last time and spoke with Tiaja who not only solved my problem but totally changed my mind about leaving and referring people. She should be able to to teach customer service skills to some of your current employees and future ones Thanks

Jennifer Houston, TX

I just moved and the first tech that came out didn't know what he was doing and was not very happy so comcast had another tech come out. Vincent came out the first thing in the morning so I wasn't waiting around forever, was genuinely very nice, and most of all knew what he was doing! He really was personable and showed above and beyond customer service. He explained everything to me and even had me download the xfinity app to help me get quicker service in the future. You guys need more guys like him!

Clara Maggio Verona, PA

3 months ago I transferred my mother's service to a new apartment close to my house. Unfortunately she was never able to move in and will continue to live with me due to health issues. I called today (12/17/2018) to cancel her service only to find out that there was a $220 disconnection fee. I was fortunate to be speaking with TARA she went over & beyond to get the disconnection fee waived She was compassionate, understanding, professional and extremely helpful

Kt Sebring, FL

I have ms has recently progressed just after moving down here where comcast is provided. I have struggled to pay just enough to keep on. They have receptionist named Erica did everything good customer service is all about. She didn't have to make my struggles hers but she found a way I could get bill paid without interruption. Plus has guts wish me happy holidays. Thank you Erica for making this chemotherapy patient happy for one day trying to get something done without hassle and feeling like less of a person. Comcast you have a great employee and human in general.

Bernadette Vigneault Pelham, NH

Comcast was installed 2 days ago, all was well till yesterday the TV would not shut off or change channels. I called Customer Service & I spoke to Sara, I explained what was happening & she resolved it. Sara is a very special employee, she speaks clearly, is courteous & professional. I've never spoken to someone who has helped me so fast. This lady deserves a Raise, she's excellent!

Rosemary Gardner Minneapolis, MN

I'm very satisfied with Comcast, but I do have one complaint, and it's about your Digital Economy Package. You list Channel 63, Fox News Channel, but don't include Channel 62, MSNBC. Since Comcast owns MSNBC, I don't know why you don't include them in your Digital Economy Package. I would really like an answer to this. As a retiree I'm on a very tight budget, but prefer MSNBC over Fox News.

carol gorske Troy, MI

I've been with Comcast the longest and why you ask?? Well its because their the Best in all areas-- I am glad to be a Comcast Customer I would ask only thing from them--please Comcast allow the phone service to block more than just the 25 numbers now in effect--there should be no limit on that. I have recommended you to 7 people 6 love you too--

Brittany Alshawy Colorado Springs, CO

Great value for your money. There are a lot of options to choose from. I do think they should reduce the price of individual services so you aren't stuck with triple play for no reason. But I suppose if it doesn't cost extra, why not? There are always great movies to watch, new releases included. I really value comcast as a company. I love on demand.

Jonwws11 Atlanta, GA

Easy to use and very helpful whenever there was any issues! Great customer service

Jean Pleimann Hollywood, FL

Love not losing tv like we did when we had dish. They are quick to resolve any issues. Great company!

NT Pleasant Grove, UT

i absolutely LOVE my service. Starting from customer service was such a great experience. Very helpful, answered all my questions, helped with choosing my product and gave advices on each product when i was deciding which plan i wanted to go with. Tech came out and very impressed how they communicated with me before service and after service was installed. I was so impressed the tech covered his shoes with plastic before stepping on my carpet, i was very thank ful as my carpets are very light in color. Tech was friendly, showed me how to use remote and where he installed everything. Customer service is the BEST with any concerns that i have.

Ernest Wells Newark, DE

I switched to Xfinity from Verizon Fios. No comparison! Service is better & customer service is better!

Jane Garner Browns Mills, NJ

I switched equipment from Comcast to my own and they still helped with some technical issues. Their internet is great either no interruptions and speed is good.

Ammette fedler Charleston, SC

I call this morning about my service. Worried about it being disconnected because I didn't have my payment. Due to being layoff due to the virus. I spoke with Jenny. In collections department. She was very helpful and reassuring me of my service. Thank you so much now my granddaughter can watch spongebob paw patrol.

[email protected] Vineland, NJ

I was having a problem with my Xfinity TV service and Albert came out, correctly diagnosed and fixed the problem, a bad amplifier. He also set up a new cable box and showed me the new features. I couldn’t be happier with his professionalism, technical knowledge, and pleasant demeanor.