Comcast Xfinity TV Logo

Comcast Xfinity TV

8.9

Xfinity is a TV, internet, phone, and home security provider and streamlines its services to work together — anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Xfinity Cable TV plan options allow customers to watch hundreds of channels, view local programs, and record their favorite shows. However, Xfinity doesn’t stop there. With the X1 TV Box, customers can watch live TV or switch to their favorite streaming service for the ultimate entertainment experience.

Xfinity TV, though comparable to a number of Satellite TV providers, is a Cable TV service. This suggests that it can avoid the frustrations caused by weather or other circumstances that Satellite Dishes and fiber-optic cables might experience.

Xfinity has been in business since 1981. It was originally called Comcast Cable until 2010, when Comcast Communications decided to roll out the name Xfinity. Xfinity also offers high-speed internet, home security, home phone, and mobile services which can be bundled for lower pricing.

Read our customer reviews to find out if Xfinity is right for you.

The Good

• No Contract Option
  • 1-Year Price Lock
  • X1 DVR
  • Bundling Options
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Other Xfinity Services

No Contract Option

Xfinity offers a no-contract option for its TV services for customers who prefer not to be locked into a contract or for those who don’t plan on using the services for long. The no-contract option will cost $10 more a month, but customers can cancel at any time.

1-Year Price Lock

Xfinity has a price lock guarantee even for packages that do not come with a contract. This means that when customers are promised a price (for the first 12 months of service), Xfinity will honor that agreement for the entire year, regardless of whether the customer signed up for a 2-year contract.

X1 DVR

Xfinity’s X1 DVR has unique features that set it apart. Customers can use the X1 Voice Remote to say what they want to watch and easily access results from live TV, On Demand, DVR recordings and more. The X1 DVR will also give customers recommendations based on the shows they’re currently watching. The Xfinity Stream App allows users to stream live TV, DVR recordings, and more whether they’re at home or watching Xfinity on campus.

*HBO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. To access Netflix on Xfinity X1 requires an eligible X1 set-top box with Xfinity TV and Xfinity Internet service. Limited to Netflix members who are residential customers. Netflix on X1 uses your Internet service and will count against any Xfinity data plan. Netflix streaming membership required.

Bundling Options

Customers can bundle their internet, phone, home security, and TV package and save even more. For example, customers can get the X1 Save Pro Triple Play plan (internet and TV) for just $79.99 per month (with the 1-year agreement) and receive the following benefits:

• Download Speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • 140+ Channels
  • Unlimited Calling Nationwide with Xfinity Voice
  • 20 Hours of DVR Service
  • Popular Channels: FX, TLC, HGTV, and Bravo

A plan that includes a home security service will bump up the plan price, but for many customers, the sense of security is worth it.

Money-Back Guarantee

Xfinity offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee for its TV, internet, home security, and home phone services. There is a 14-day, money-back guarantee for the Xfinity mobile devices and services. This is good for customers who want to try out what Xfinity has to offer but are unsure if it is the right choice for them.

If for any reason you are not pleased with the product or service that has been offered by one of the Xfinity packages, you can go back within the 30-day or 14-day periods that are allotted to request a refund. This is one of the ways that Xfinity works to ensure customer satisfaction.

Other Xfinity Services

In addition to offering Cable TV, Xfinity is also a provider of a number of other specialized services. These additional services are outlined as follows:

• Xfinity high-speed internet — Xfinity claims that its internet service offers reliable internet speeds, enhanced coverage, advanced security, and customizable WiFi with extenders, cameras, and more. The Wi-Fi that accompanies this plan is known as xFi. One of the advantages of using Xfinity internet is that you are able to use your own modem and router (not all models comply). If you do decide to use your own modem and router, you will get high-speed internet, but you will not unlock xFi Wi-Fi. Basic prices start at $29.99 per month.
  • Xfinity mobile — Xfinity mobile offers users what Xfinity claims to be the best LTE, unlimited talk and text on up to five lines, flexible data options, and the possibility of using your old phone from an old plan. When you add your mobile services to your internet plan, you can get discounted pricing. Each unlimited line starts at $45.00 per month. As part of this service, you are able to connect to millions of Xfinity Wi-Fi hotspots to help save money and data.
  • Xfinity home security — Xfinity offers two home security plans. The pricing for both of these plans does not include equipment. Pricing for packages for equipment ranges from $15.00–$25.00 per month (subject to a 24-month contract), or one-time payments of $360.00–$600.00 depending on the size of system that you would like to get.
    • The basic home security plan provides you with 24/7 professional monitoring, smart home control, real-time alerts, cellular system backup, live HD video, and the Xfinity home app. This plan starts at $40.00 per month.
    • The home security plus plan provides everything that is included in the regular plan plus 24/7 video recording, motion-activated recording, artificial intelligence that detects people, vehicles, and pets, and the ability to look back on specific archived moments. This plan starts at $50.00 per month.
  • Xfinity home phone — The Xfinity home phone offers you unlimited nationwide calling, reliable call clarity, and advanced features such as readable voicemails. You can connect your home phone to the Xfinity Connect app to manage your voicemail and make and receive calls from your home phone while on the go.

The Bad

• Early Termination Fee
  • Additional Fees
  • Consumer Complaints

Early Termination Fee

Signing a 1-year or 2-year contract with Xfinity can help customers save $10 per month, but it does come with a catch. Customers can expect to pay around $100+ in early termination fees; although the fees will vary based on the service level and how much time is remaining on the contract.

While early termination fees are not uncommon in the industry, many customers are surprised when they cancel their contract and the fee is applied to their bill.

To combat the early termination fee, customers can sign up for a shorter contract — which will cost more per month but can save customers money if they end the contract early, or they can sign up for one of Xfinity’s no-contract plans.

Additional Fees

Xfinity’s base packages are reasonably priced; however, customers may find their bill going up if they are not careful. Customers should be aware of these potential charges:

• Broadcast TV Fee — up to $10 per month
  • Regional Sports Fee — up to $8.25 per month
  • HD Technology Fee — $10 per month
  • X1 DVR — $9.95 per month
  • Premium Channels — start at $10 per month
  • Professional Installation Fee — typically between $40–$80

To ensure that you are not confronted with hidden fees, it would be in your best interest to talk through the details of a contract with a representative. This will help get all of the hidden fees out into the open.

Consumer Complaints

A number of our user reviews have explicitly complained about how poor Xfinity’s customer service experiences have been. With cable TV companies, issues are guaranteed to arise and need to be resolved quickly. Most complaints discussed how long it took to get in touch with a customer service representative.

The Xfinity website does provide a lot of information; however, some customers have stated they feel the website is confusing and aims to hide important information (especially regarding costs and fees).

The Bottom Line

One of the biggest perks for Xfinity TV is the cloud DVR service. Being able to watch shows anywhere you want on any device is great for those who are always on the go. Another plus for Xfinity is their no-contract option and the 30-day, money-back guarantee, which allows customers a little more flexibility with their plan. Customers will need to keep an eye on their bill as additional fees can be added. Consumers can also expect to see their bill go up after the first year or two when the price lock ends and they start paying the standard rate. This isn’t unusual in the industry but can come as a shock to unsuspecting customers.

Xfinity offers a wide range of services to meet the needs of all its customers. Whether you’re a sports fan or prefer a good binge-watching session, Xfinity’s TV service has a quality plan that will suit your needs. To see if Xfinity is available in your area or if you want more information on Xfinity's TV services, we recommend you call or visit the company site to see what it has to offer.

2.3

Angela Francis Dorchester, MA

Firstly I have been a customer for over a decade. The customer service is somewhat spotty, sometimes you find someone who actually cares about the job and most of the time there are people who are just not that knowledgeable about the products. For years the company had a monopoly within my region of my state now that they do not people have more of a choice. Recently the government came out with a program to assist people to pay for the services through what is called the Emergency Broad Band Program. Xfinity participates in the program but they are ineffectual with helping people to use the program. I received the run around over and over again from a member of their personal about how to used the program until I gave up. That is what this company will do, the company will have you chasing your tail until you quit. Shame on them Shame on them!

connie mahl Mokena, IL

I am disgusted by their pricing and the ability for their customer service to ever help in any way. I have been a customer for 40 years with xfinity, they have nickeled and dimed me to where my bill was $240 a month for what I could get elsewhere for $100. I accidentally added a streaming service then wanted it removed, they FORCED me to sign a new contract and now will charge me a $10 a month fee of what is remaining on that contract. I had 150 hrs. of On Demand, they took it away and then said if I wanted it back I would have to pay $10 more a month. I tried to cancel Voice and reduce my Internet just to save money and stay with them by cancelling in my own services. They say after all that it would only save me $10 a month because I loose the package discount and they will charge me for equipment fees even though the equipment is not used by the service. They don't even take into consideration that they know you have paid an equipment fee for years on old crap when charging you. Boxes in the house that used to be free are now $7.50 a month. This change was just to get you on costs again. I WAS a customer for 40 years, they would NEVER help me with any costs when I was on the phone with them. It was a sad day that I left but feel they made me. I will do everything in my power to bad mouth Xfinity as they went from the best to the worst when it comes to costs and working with customers. Not to mention the broadcasting fees, another $30 a month. I talked 4 levels up at xfinity and NO ONE was willing to do anything to assist me in waiving the early termination fee. My husband and I talked about maybe one day going back when they had better packages. Seems they have not ruined me for life! WATCH YOUR COSTS!

Lisa Shuell Riverside, NJ

Worst customer service! Have been inconvenienced many times due to outages. I work from home and rely heavily on WiFi. Unfortunately, there are not other options where I live other than dial up. Seems that Comcast takes advantage of this fact. I've had Verizon in the past (at a previous home) and did not experience the outages that I experience with Comcast. Their automated service is HORRIBLE!!! Property next to us was being built on and they accidentally cut the cable to our house which caused a disruption. Took Comcast 3 months...3 MONTHS to come out and bury the cable. Because it was exposed, it was cut again by accident by the same builders. After over 20 attempts to resolve this, I posted on TWITTER and they finally responded. RIDICULOUS!!! They are also extremely expensive! Many of us in the neighborhood can't wait for other high speed options.

Ralph Vera Denver, CO

years back started at a great price for TV, Internet and Phone after the 2nd year the price doubled. Called customer retention in order to lower the price I had to give two boxes back and reduce my channel lineup. Then after several more years I had to eliminate the phone service, bill only went down a few bucks, then I got rid of their internet bill was still $152.00 for a small amount of channels. Today I cancelled Xfinity altogether, now using an antenna, using Hulu, HBO max, Netflix and PrimeVideo this is what I recommend for all of you. Cut the CABLE

chris korte Sterling Heights, MI

This company will take everything they can from you in fees, my most recent new fee is I have to upgrade my dvr storage even tho my storage was fine where it was, but they decided that I didn’t have enough so they erased 2/3 of my recordings until I agreed to pay another 10.96 a month on top of the 230.00 I already pay, I don’t recommend Comcast at all this seems illegal!!!

Maria Begue Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been dubbed by xfinity. Trying to change my plan to unlimited data which I did not know it was even limited. I called and they told me I would need to pay $30.00 a month more. Making my bill $70.00 (I only have internet service) I called AT&T and they did offer unlimited data for less but the fact that I have a contract made me go back to Xfinity. When I called to ask for the Unlimited data plan, I was told that I could pay $10.00 more a month ...now $50.00 and that that would triple the service I had. Faster internet and triple my Data plan, which is what I was looking for ... to expand my data usage. My son and I (I'm 70 years old) tried to make sure with the individual that all we wanted was MORE DATA ... he insisted that with the $10.00 we would have more than sufficient data as it would triple the speed and the data!. Well guess what.... I just got my new bill... the data plan has not changed but the speed did. (never had an issue with the speed)..... so now I'm paying an extra $10 for nothing. Now I will be researching how I can stop using XFINITY!!!!

Linda Larson CA

Comcast ruined my good credit!!! After the Seattle riots the drug people and homeless people were pushed into what used to be my peaceful neighborhood. I had to move 2x. It cost me upwards of $13K. I closed my Comcast Xfinity account but they kept charging me triple over $600!!! I returned the equipment. I had to fight them to get the equipment refund. And 3 months of service I never had since moving in October 2020... billed me through December! I turned Comcast Xfinity into the FCC 2x since to fight them! I only owe them $100. Insult to injury the guy Ben in loyalty dept called me a racist when I told him about the gang related shooting. He said outlandish story. What a bunch of BS!!! I'M FIGHTING THIS OVERBILLING COMCAST BS!!!

James Danbury, CT

The service sucks. 0/10. I wish I could give a negative score. Every where I go. Every time I talk to a rep on the phone it’s a different story. I receive a bill once every two-three months. When I call they say my service will be interrupted. Why would that happen if Comcast doesn’t MAIL me a bill. They give every excuse in the book. Do not join these people, because I never will ever again. It’s been trouble for the several years I used them. It’s not worth it and everyone I talked to has had the same problems. Stay away and find a service that is actually willing to give you good customer service and help with problems.

Randy Tribbett Puyallup, WA

Ok where should i start ? A few months ago I ordered comcast everything ... They came out installed the tv first because they don't have one person that can do it all. Ok so after 6 hours of the installer not being able to get me a guide or dvr. I was told there was a issue in our area and could be months before its fixed. I bit my tongue and waited for him to leave and called in . They knew of no such outage. After many times trying to fix they sent a senior tech out who knew the issue they had not closed the invoice because the alarm and cameras had not been installed. So after 2 hours on the phone with them the tech was telling me they used to be able to get right to who he needed to fix this but they have changed their policies he kept asking for a certain department and finally they transfer him and in 20 mins that was fixed. Ok so they come to install my alarm system when they get there they don't have a low voltage guy. Hmmm ok that's why we had to wait weeks but ok. They wait and get the low voltage guy there he says I cant run the wires because you have vinyl siding hmmmm how many houses have that , so I climb a ladder and drill a hole. They install everything and it kinda works sometimes . So after calling getting the run around again . They finally send someone out to look he climbs his ladder and see they didn't remove the film off the cameras. So then he goes to under my sons bed and finds they did not remove the plastic off the plug ins for the 3 cameras which are the wifi for them and they were not only not getting enough signal but the tech had me touch them they were hot enough you could not hold them he says this is a fire hazard and could have caught fire . Oh did i mention that this was under my child's bed ? ok so lets back up a bit when this all started they said you can save 10.00 a month by auto pay , Shoot ok why not . DO NOT GIVE THEM ACCESS TO YOUR ACOOUNT ! So the second moth in they bill me the 600.00 for the equipment ! That was supposed to be billed over 2 years . Not only once but double billed it . two weeks ago they admitted to it . So 1200.00 over charge . Oh but they can not refund it but they can give me a credit . I have been calling them for two weeks they will do nothing I have a picture of the 1200 credit if u wanna see it. So when my kids are crying themselves to sleep hungry its ok watch a show. Here watch a commercial of burger king nice juicy hamburger but its ok you have cable . I have called asked for a manager finally got transferred to escalations manager 10 days ago she called me got the info and said she would call me back . A few days later she called and said she was still working on it and would call me back . Now its been a week and nothing . I called back today and asked for a manager and sat on hold for over 2 hours practically begging to talk to a manager. Being told call my bank would be the only way to get my money back. Best advise find a different option !!!! Do not give them access to your accounts . Learn from my mistakes

Daniel Peters Vancouver, WA

When I set up my service I asked for unlimited! I was told that based on my data usage I would never have a need for unlimited and the agent put me on a different plan! Then a mounts goes buy and I went over my usage! So I upgraded! The upgrade to unlimited ( only $12 fillets more) I paid them $60 in overages !! Thought I was done, then my next bill came up n the amount of $228.00... Now I am being told that there was a $ 85 charge from the last bill cycle!! I is a scam fir more and more money!!! When you call customer support! The people are talking to you and you can’t really understand what they are saying they are talking in broken English!!!!

Yvonne Donaldson Houston, TX

This month, Xfinity/Comcast dictated that all bills would be sent electronically, rather than online. After this month, they indicated there would be an option to return to paper billing. It's interesting that they happen to sneak in a new upcharge in service fees, without alerting customers. What a dishonest way to do business. It's no surprise they have such a poor reputation. This is yet another example of poor customer experience. I called the service team to ask about the increase and was given the run around with a representative who rattled on and on. She didn't want me to ask questions. Finally, they offered a new option that required a two-year agreement, with unfriendly terms and language that was rattled off by a recorded voice and unrecognizable service. I truly hate doing business with the company.

quanisha butler Trenton, NJ

Overall experience is a 2 out of 10. It’s so easy for your reps to have people make a purchase on your services and they lie like everything is easy set up once you arrive home with your equipment. Then you get these broken speaking English reps on the phone who don’t know what they’re doing and your paying for a service you can’t even use until they figure out how to fix the situation. They are unreliable and a hassle to deal with. I dealt with a rep three days in the row regarding a XRE-10000 code who didn’t know what she was doing and could not help me at all. She did not try to transfer me or get a more experienced rep to fix my situation it was terrible experience. I had xfinirt service for over 5 years now and it is still terrible service.

tg Texas City, TX

after being with them since 2013 i ask for a simple $30 extra credit cuz i have been unable to watch tv most of the last 2 wks thanks to connection issues. I have had issues off and on since 2016 when i moved in my new home and had several techs come out but never seemed to completely fix the problem, just make it bearable. then about 2 months ago my box went out and since i exchanged it i hadnt been able to watch tv half the time. Couldnt change channels, watch saved shows, even pull up the guide. Did everything I was instructed, exchanged the box and so on. FINALLY had a tech come out and low and behold he fixed the problems (xfinity connection problems) and for last 2days its worked great. Now i asked for a simple $30 credit for all the days i have had issues and so on and Xfinity is SOOOO CHEAP and MONEY HUNGRY they cant even give a an 8yr loyal, never late, customer a simple $30 extra credit. Find someone who cares about their customers.

Janice Patterson Indianapolis, IN

They don’t even rate a 1 star! I have been a customer for over 5 years. Before my last contract was up I would have given them 5 stars. Loved Comcast! But being a loyal customer means nothing to them! My contract was up in December so my bill went from 212$ to 248$ mo.I have tv, phone and internet. Call and tell them My bill went up, click, she hung up on me!!! Call back to find out that the same plan went to 244$ mo. 32$ more a mo. 384$ more a year! So, I drop some favorite channels to get bill to 226$ mo. Then a month later went to 241$, what is going on? Call on Feb. 6 and got a rep. that found me a deal that was better than the deal I had before all of this. Very nice lady ! The contract was for 216$mo. Got the text, agreed to everything, just to find out I didn’t get the contract I signed up for. Call yesterday and the rep was suppose to get ahold of supervisor and call me back. He even said to keep my phone by me, because he would call me back. No call! What a surprise! So,I call back today, the guy stays on line with me until supervisor answers. They tell me the only deal they have is 244$. Listened to the conversation I had with the rep that gave me the 216$ deal and said she did quote that price, but she did something wrong, and when I go back to the text where I agreed to the terms , and click on to review your order, now says- looks like something went wrong! What??? Nice way to treat your customers! Surprised you even have any!! Thanks for appreciating your customers Comcast! I hope AT&T appreciates me.

Uncle Jeff Vancouver, WA

The only good thing I can say about Comcast TV is that it functions. What prompts me to write is the recent hike in the "Broadcast TV Fee". It just jumped $5 to nearly $20. When first introduced six years ago, it was only $1.50. Now the annual hike is three times that. Add in the $9.10 "Regional Sports Fee", and we're being charged an extra $28.55 that we didn't buy and can't control. That's a 30% tax for something we don't want and don't use. Another way of looking at it is that Comcast advertises one price and then sneaks in an extra $28.55 per month of fine print that it can change at will. Comcast is greedy and dishonest. Comcast gives greedy corporations a bad name.

kenya alexander Franklin, TN

I've been a paying Comcast customer for over five years now and it's always been tiresome, unprofessional and sketchy but more recently its taken that all to a new level. We recently just bought our first home. supposed to be a happy time for us right??? Not as much as you would think. And all that's thanks to Comcast. you see our home is new construction. Which means there's no direct line connected to our house yet and on a lot of websites our address isn't even a registered location yet so we understood when they said they'd have to get some kind of construction team from Comcast out to evaluate and get us a date on when it would be completed so we could get service. Well initially the guy that came out the first time did not put the ticket in correctly so no one was sent out and nothing was done for a whole week. in that time frame i had to go back to my old house with no furniture to work with my children who are doing virtual learning. Well at the old location we got a comcast agent out and he was informed that our service had already been transferred to the new address, which i couldnt work at without that line. and he also informed me that the original agent that came out to the house did nothingand that theyd have to get another agent out to the house to access eveything all over again and put the ticket in correctly. We were originally told this whole process would take approx. 1 to 2 weeks but when the construction man finally called he said it would probably be more like 30 to 60 days... and when i tell you this guy was so non chalant and passive/rude on the phone i was mad enough to cry. ive worked in healthcare from home since before the virus and now i have to drive forty minutes every morning and night to my sister's house to work everyday with me and my kids. im outraged with comcast's neglect and and all around disdain for their customers. i can barely get anyone on the phone and when i do they either dont know what theyre doing, cant understand my issues, or just flat out dont care. this is week three and im still at my sister's house. i plan on switching to At&t if this isnt rectified. ive already consulted with their friendly staff and they told me to let them know if comcast doesnt get it right.

What does it matter? Des Moines, IA

If I could give a ZERO rating, I would. This company has been nothing but problematic. I started services for a cell phone plan with them in August of 2020. During the beginning of my service, they started me with a phone plan, but never unlocked the new phone. I was never able to make phone calls, or receive texts during that time. I had tried to contact them on numerous occasions via their online chat service only to be bumped to a different service agent. There is no continuity within their system as each agent asked me to repeat my situation to them as they said they didn't have any documentation of my previous attempts at communication. This issue I was having was that they never unlocked the phone, hence I could only use the phone for WiFi. I purchased the phone initially so I could use it for my business. Instead, I lost business because my clients could not call me, and I could not use the phone to call my voicemails. I have now spoken to 18 service reps, and no one has helped rectify this situation. They continually say that it's my fault for not contacting them sooner. This is asinine, as I have been contacting them since purchasing the plan and the phone since August 2020. I am not someone to leave scathing reviews, but in my most honest opinion, I SUGGEST NO ONE USE THEIR SERVICE. THEY ARE ENTIRELY INEPT WHEN IT COMES TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ACCOUNTABILITY. The last time I spoke with them, they told me to hold for five minutes so they could patch me through to a service agent that would help me fix the problem. They kept me on hold for five hours, I finally hung up. They have never called, emailed, or even tried to get back to me regarding any of the issues I've stated to them, nor are they willing to take accountability for their error in not turning my phone on at the time of purchase. I ended up going back to my previous plan and carrier (T-Mobile). At least they are accountable for their interactions, and have given me stellar service. Again please stay away from this company. Their "service" is 100% absurd.

Dana

DO NOT GO WITH XFINITY!! They are WAY too expensive. I have been with them for years, and have been stupid to not jump out due to not having the time to switch to DirectTV, Att and ADT. But switch! They will give you a good "bundle plan" for a year, then your bill will go up to $260.00 per month for some channels (one HBO channel if your lucky). They took away ID Channel and it's $40.00 more for that package. I have Home Security and had to pay $350 for 5 window tags (go with another company)! I have one landline and Internet that is supposed to be fast, but isn't. They charge $5.00 for main box, and $9.95 for each box in 2 rooms. They say to get the "app" and lose the boxes. I'm pretty sure things will suck bad when we do that. We've had technicians out here 20 times. They said the main cable "outside" that serves the area is bad, and they won't fix it... WHAT?? Of course, when they shoot your bill up to $350.00 and you have to call for a new plan, you have to sign on for 2 MORE YEARS of hell with them. Good luck speaking to anybody in America.

Frederick Reed Detroit, MI

My Comcast xfinity service sucks it’s always down they are always working on lines nearby my internet is always slow my internet is always not working. Some channels don’t come in good. There’s always a error code. Frankly I’m considering going back to at&t. My bill is too high. I definitely wouldn’t recommend xfinity.

W. Cady Port Saint Lucie, FL

Terrible customer service. Have been on numerous calls with Comcast customer service for hours at a time. Many times can't even understand the customer service reps on the phone. Repeatedly ask the same questions over and over, with no resolution to problems.

Brian swaim ,

I’ve been a customer for 5 years we just moved and been without service for 2 weeks now still no service was on hold for 10 hours all together in past 2 weeks they hung up on me many times worse experience ever can’t get ahold of any one in the USA and I’m still being charged lost all movies I bought bill is over 200 $ this move has been the worst service ever I give them a - 5 stars ATM now I understand why President Trump calls them concast very unprofessional customer service

Shea Rockville, MD

Impossible to connect to a representative unless you spend hours with the inefficient automated service. Sure, one is supposed to apparently leave a call back on the app but that is the most non straight forward thing I have heard ever. I called the customer service twice to cancel tv but still got billed every month for tv. They are the only service available in my area so I am stuck with them, cant wait for the day I will never have to use xfinity again! Too pricey for the ordinary internet.

Gioconda Navas Oak Harbor, WA

Comcast is the worse company in the planet. I signed a contract for a year in November 2020 1st bill was $114.00 April 2021 is $134.00 . Increased 10.00 dollars in less than six months. Their customer service is bad they hangs up on people and they don’t know anything, or I get an stupid robot don’t know anything either. I can’t wait to get my fiber optic through the city. Internet through the city. Cheaper and reliable. D

Bri Houston, TX

If i can give a a big fat ZERO i would! This company is ridiculous and should be shut down for the scamming stuff they do to customers! Finding a way to take peoples money is outrageous! This company is Pathetic! I do not recommend xfinity at all! They used to be okay but now since the covid i guess they trying to get over on customers. Stay Away!!!!

Yanique Wedderburn Norcross, GA

I gave it 1 star but it should be zero stars. There service is horrible. I didn't even make it have the service set up because their customer service is bad. You call and never can reach the right person. Waited almost a month for services that was not setup. The customer service man did not know what he was talking about!!! Would not recommend their services!!!!

Grace B Fairfield, CA

We went to Xfinity local office at 1670 E Monte vista Ave, suite 101 Vacaville CA, 95688. The customer service representative at the the door was rude , we brought equipment to return for exchange because they send us the Wrong equipments ,won’t let us bring the box inside , the lady African American personnel slumped the box on the counter in front of my face and ask me to take it back .It was bad customer service experience At that location .. hope not to go back to that store again ..very bad service

Jefferson R smith Lake City, FL

Set price.on contact. Now making up reason .to increase my payment and now want to cut some of my service.its a rip off. Fraud. Going this comcast.you make a agreement and they break making excuses on why.they are disappointing.dishonest.and sad.taking advantages of a disabled people be careful.I never missed a payment.and never was late.this how they treat good customers. Watch out. Your next go with att I am.wow .

DR. STEPHEN CARTER South Jordan, UT

Xfinity overseas call center agents lack empowerment to resolve customer concerns. Xfinity erroneously rejected my credit card payment assuming an expired expiration date on the card-which expires in 2025. The website doesn't allow a simple edit of the card information. They imposed a late fee. The Phillippine agent was unable to resolve the issue to my satisfaction and offered to inconvenience me with a 45 minute delay to speak to another supervisor in Mexico. Incompetent call center agents and continued delay in solving concerns, gives Xfinity a negative 5 review.

Maria sherman ,

They are money hungry. Charge you for things that are inaccurate! I was instructed to drop off at an xfinity drop off location and was told they couldn't take said package due to the shipping label being incorrect. But they Wouldn't help me get the correct shipping label in order to return their equipment and instead of helping me I was charged for the equipment before I could even receive a new shipping label to send it back!!!!!!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Melba Fears Dothan, AL

I got Xfinity internet on June 16, 2020. Cable was supposed to be buried in 14 days. After numerous attempts to contacts them, phone, email, customer service and their complaint dept., I have not been able to get a live person. All I can get is their virtual assistant, and she is worthless. It has been almost 8 1/2 months and the cable is still across my driveway, down the street in front of my house and across my yard. It is frayed and my husband had to tape it. In a few more months I can cancel my contract and get it out of my yard.

JP Waltham, MA

Spent over an hour on line and chatting with Comcast Xfinity to set up an account and purchase their Signature + More TV+internet+voice. I am a new customer at this address. Chat agent confirmed no additional costs except tax. Then at check out, after the chat agent left, I see $30 in fees that makes the total unreasonable. Another chat agent came on and said if I called customer care they would fix this surprise. That agent said sorry, everybody has to pay it. This intentionally misleading and deceptive practice is documented in the chats. Beware of Comcast's practices! Jeff

Rebecca Richnwr Lakewood, WA

Worst company ever they stole over $1,000 out of my account and wouldn't give me a refund they said that they can't issue refunds but they sure can take the money out of your account! Worse customer service I've ever dealt with they don't care! They're the only cable company in my area we have no choices no option except for to be beat up and taking advantage of by these thieves and liars if anyone has any options for cable in Lakewood Washington let me know this is the worst place I've ever dealt with

Paul Tingey Idaho Falls, ID

i wont even give them one star...the WORST internet provider EVER!!! dont waste your time with them cause they dont care about your time...my service is interrupted atleast three times a month by this monopoly of a company...a rider and a horse would be more reliable than this TRASH company...do yourself a favor and shoot yourself in the head b4 signing up with these guys...they have started using a pre recorded message that will not let you talk to a customer service agent all so they dont have to give you a "credit" on your account for the time your service is down...this company is run by con artist of the highest level...

Roger War Philadelphia, PA

First, I had a package for 1000 mbps internet, which cost 70 dollars, but with tax and the modem and idk what else total to a bit more than 110 dollars. I was ok with that I guess, until my son test the internet and was getting 300mbps and for upload 20 mbps. Then I review my paperwork and there was another issue where comcast had a cap of up to 1.2 tb., and that they were going to charge me after every 50gb and that right there got me angry. My son then showed me his package with Verizon fios for 40 dollars a mont, and he showed me the wifi meter and it showed around300mbps and for upload also around 300 mbps also. Anyway, I got rid of Xfinity they are a bunch of thiefs looking to take your money every way possible. I have FIOS and my internet is smooth and that's all you really need. I run a company form that internet, two gaming computers from my kids and my wife on the Ipad all day, and we dont have any issues. Xfinity, is taking your money and you dont even know it.

Robert Andrew Richardson Kokomo, IN

I've been a customer for over 35 years, had issues with my 2yr contract billing rising monthly so I call and talk to an agent. They said they could fix it and gave new contract for $10.00 more a month but was deceptive, did not give me all the channels I previous had. After talking to another agent they inform me the new package wasn't the same channels that I previous had and get me for another $10.00 a month with another contract...what is going on??? I just signed my $156.00 a month 2yr contract 6 months ago and the multiple agents that helped me (others might say hosed me) this experience left me dumfounded and very unhappy with this company. I start out this week paying $156.00 monthly and three days later I am paying a $177.00 monthly for the same package because there were no more $156.00 contracts available. The agent should have explained to me the package I originally had was the beast package, but they scammed/misled me into taking a higher price packaged instead of fixing the problem. I am still waiting for all my channels to come in 24hrs later....maybe it is time to make a change with providers...

Shane Mccrea Miami, FL

I would give negative if I could. They put a block on my account because the person who lived in the home before us has an outstanding balance. After two hours on the phone with them they told me to take the deed into the store proving that we bought the home and the other person no longer lives there. I asked multiple times if there was a way I could email it to them since there is a deadly virus going on and I have a 7 month old baby. They said I must take it in. So I packed up my baby and waiting OUTSIDE to get into the store then I explained to the representative what the issue was and gave her the feed to the home. After chatting with someone they then tell me they cannot remove the block and the person must pay their balance. To say I am frustrated is an understatement and they will never be getting my business again. I have AT&T internet now. I am very disappointed in this company.

Michele Lansing, IL

I have been an Xfinity customer for several years and the service used to be great. In 2020 it became absolutely terrible. I have a mini cable box that died - called support and they ordered me a new one. The order was confirmed. Seems simple, right? The order was placed in October and 3 months later it hasn't arrived. I have called multiple times and each time received a confirmation that the order was in place and "already shipped". They lied to me. 3 months later - nothing has actually shipped. I am 2 hours to a store to pick one up so shipping is important. Paying $200 a month, I expect this company to have the competence to ship a small box. Unfortunately they don't. I don't recommend Xfinity and am actively looking for other options.

Jillian McDonough Hyde Park, MA

I was never informed I would be charged a prorate for upgrading my service, I found out after I was charged. I signed up for paperless billing and automatic payments in order to get a discount but then the discount was never applied. When I called to find out why I was charged $40 over what I thought I would be paying, customer service just disappointed me more and said there was nothing they could do about the extra $40. The fact that they are charging people extra/hidden fees without informing the customer first during an extremely delicate time due to the pandemic is HORRIBLE I would not recommend comcast xfinity to anyone ever.

Yannie Tampa, FL

First of all I will never recommend… First of all I will never recommend Comcast to anyone after the most unpleasant, unprofessional experience and rude. I can’t even imagine how Comcast would hire a private company like that. First of all the man walks right into my home without saying where he’s from or a single word. Passes by my husband who is busy on the phone and I than ask him excuse me where are going and keeps walking to the back of my yard. At this point my husband is done speaking on the phone and goes up to this man and tells him hey who do you think you are just barging into my home without saying a word. He than rudely said you were on the phone and my husband replied but my wife was there and asked you he than unprofessionally responded well I heard when you told her not to get involved. He than said I’m with Comcast his truck clearly didn’t say Comcast it said USIC I took picture of the pick up. He than painted some marks on my driveway and my grass as well as the outside of my home. I don’t know what you all think you can do tonn by people but I’m taking this to the top. This man shouldn’t even be working in what he does. I expect an immediate response as to how and why this took place without us being aware. NEVER SHOULD YOU ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN TO ANYONE!!!!!!

Craig ,

Comcast said they would give me the same exact tv package as I had before with no increase in price because I was such a loyal customer. one hour later I'm missing channels, called and they said give it 24 hours which I did, no change, called again and they said that was a error and I needed to pay a additional $10.00 per month. customer service is terrible. I was told a supervisor would call me within a hour, its been 2 hours, no call yet. stay AWAY from this company, very expensive and very very poor customer service, they send you from one person to another and nothing gets resolved, SHAME on you COMCAST / XFINITY>

Michael Hayes ,

On a daily basis my service is off and we are CONSTANTLY restarting the system .. A service guy came out a couple of months ago because it was so bad I couldn't even watch a full movie or show at all. He claimed he'd have someone come back out and do other service and NOT ONCE did anyone show and there was never a follow up to see if service had improved , but as soon as a Payment is due and even with a scheduled payment I'm getting called several times a day PRIOR to the arrangement that's been made already . At this point we will seek other service and options to once again get rid of xfinity and it's poor service . Not gonna pay this amount each month and my service only works HALF the time . If you can shut it off when a bill is unpaid then you should be able to also see ALL the issues that occur long before that bill becomes due . Can't have one without the other and can't demand money for poor customer service that only works half the time ..

Karen Cooley Sandy, UT

It has been the worst cable experience we have ever had. They promise you a package and a price you sign up and then find out that that’s not what you received. I called up ask them what happened to my bill why it’s higher than it supposed to be “oh well that deal is no longer available it expired” “But we do have a new package that you can get for less money and it’s actually a better package you’re going to get more items just sign a two-year contract” I asked the sales person at least three times what I was going to lose by switching to this other package and she kept promising me at least three different times that nothing in my package would change except my bill was going to go down I was going to have to sign a two-year contract. I asked her if I was going to get to keep stars she said absolutely I promise you you will still get to keep stars I asked her three different times are you sure she said yes you will get to keep stars and we are even going to give you HBO as well. As soon as the update went through on my TV stars was gone. And when I called back they won’t honor it and they told me flat out they do not have to honor what the representative promised me. Then I go through looking for a movie that I had recorded and it’s gone off of my TV. I called him again what’s going on why did I lose the movies that I had recorded “oh we turned three of your boxes off when you switched plans.” But your employee promised me that nothing would change in my plan why are my box is turned off? Well for just $9.95 each box we can turn those back on for you. But your representative promised me that I would not lose anything by changing these this plan. Again I’m told we do not have to honor what the representative told you if you want your boxes turned back on you have to pay $9.95 a box. I asked to speak to a supervisor gets me nowhere then I asked for a supervisor in technical support she wouldn’t transfer me. I asked for a supervisor in the United States to call me they put the request in I was supposed to hear from someone it’s been three days and no one‘s called. I absolutely hate when a business that is obviously a monopoly in the business are liars cheats and con artist and I feel absolutely cheated. I was absolutely lied to. And now unless I wanna pay an ungodly amount of money I’m stuck in the contract. If you are looking for a cable service company do not go to these guys. They are not trustworthy and they have absolutely no accountability.

Kayla ,

Awful customer service. I talked to three different people three different times for over 45 minutes - problem still not resolved. Was forced to get a cable box as a result. Was told I was going to get a credit on my account, didn’t happen- and the girl told me to call their billing department to get more of a credit? What a joke. Then I was moving... and even though the girl knew I was switching counties, she failed to mention that I had to turn in my old equipment and would have to get new equipment OH and started a new contract without telling me, she told me she was transferring services which was a lie. Didn’t find this out until when I did move, and called to get help... because nothing worked, also got hung up on that was fun, that I needed to go into a store. Thanks for the headaches, time and money that I’ve wasted to just receive WiFi and cable.

Sean Walsh Salem, OR

The only reason I use Comcast is there are no other providers in my area. Secondly it's ran by a bunch of crooks that try to swindle your money at any chance they can. I was offered a deal at $90 a month for unlimited internet, resigned that contract just to find out a week later my bill jumped back up to $130 when I called they gave me the typical go around they give any customer they're ripping off and claimed the other representative forgot to finalize my deal even though I have text approvals for that deal. Then they claim the next best deal they can give me is $30 more a month than what was promised and told me that was the best deal I was going to get. Good job Comcast at screwing over yet another customer that is forced to use your service because you bought out all your competition.

Maria McCarty Niles, MI

They offered great deal on new Iphone did not tell me I had to be present for Fed Ex delivery. It took a week to get phone due to fed ex not following their deliver policies. Now got phone and xfinity com is overwhelmed or crashed and no activation There customer service automation is horrible offers options you don't need and takes 5 minutes to speak to human. Now this human wants all your information again to confirm the automation input. Guess what they can't help either or cannot comprehend anything, because of their company policies. They change your subscription package offerings without notice and raise prices without notice as well.

Paulette ,

When you first sign up they treat you very nicely and make sure things are working correctly. I move frequently for work so when I sign up with new providers I always ask about their termination process if I move to an area with no service. They said, there is no fee if you are moving out of the available service area. Fast forward multiple years when I have to move to a new area not offering their service. When I called to disconnect, the customer service rep tried to charge me a termination fee and I told her that I am moving to a service with no coverage so I was told the fee would not apply. She questioned me but in the end said she removed it and all would be okay. I waited a few weeks and I was billed the termination fee. I used chat this time to contact customer service and they said you are being charged a termination fee. I explained myself again that I'm moving outside of their service area, and he said okay, we will remove it and you will see the updates and refund in a few days. Fast forward 5 days, I see no changes. I then chat again for the 3rd time with a rep and they said, there are no notes in my account to waive the termination fee, nor does my contract say they will remove the termination fee. We go back and forth multiple times and they keep going back to the contract. Unfortunately, I feel like this was a bait and switch, where people in person during hookup told me I would not be charged a termination fee when moving out of the area. I have had many other internet providers and was never charged a termination fee when I moved out of range. This provider explicitly lied to me multiple times to get my service, and then said twice they would remove the charge and never removed it. This is a scam and like many providers, they treat you very nicely when you sign up and then send charges when you leave. I explicitly asked about the termination fee before signing up so that I could avoid a situation like this. They lied to me and said they would work with me and then did not.

Kyra Marie ,

If I could give this internet provider zero stars I would! I’ve had xfinity since 2018 and I have had nothing but problems since the beginning. It has had it good days, but overall it’s been absolutely miserable. They don’t give you the internet speed they claim they do. I’ve had several appointments with techs and they went absolutely horrible because 98% of the time they NEVER showed up but said they did. When I make an appointment with tech I wait at home as long as it takes but they never show up, yet they tell headquarters they already came by. Their techs are lazy and insufficient, -and customer service doesn’t take into account a single thing you tell them. You play phone tag just to be stuck with the same unresolved issues at the end of the call. I DO NOT RECOMMEND XFINITY TO ANYONE. They absolutely suck.

Brandy Pletcher Layton, UT

I have waited 8 months to write a review, because I kept hoping they would rectify the situation. Since Covid happened, we have had HORRID service, horrid!! I have spend HOURS at a time on the phone with them on a weekly and monthly basis, HOURS at a time. Every time I call they troubleshoot and say they need to send a tech out. Due to Covid for the past 7 months they say they can’t send techs out, to call back later. Yet they continue to take our money EVERY single month! They say once they fix the issue they will credit us back... yet we can’t even get them to come out. Finally a little under a week ago they say they can schedule a tech to come out to fix it... (but couldn’t credit our account for their MONTHS of issues until after they come and fix it) YAY... then they hang up on me before making the appt... I call back tonight because I was at work during the last call and I had already been on the line 2+ hours and couldn’t call back when they “accidentally disconnected “ and tonight was my next evening off.. ironically I was also trying to watch a movie with my kids and it kept cutting out, prompting me to call right then. I spent over 2 hours on the phone with them and they tell me they have to charge me $70 to send someone to check it out, mind you it’s THEIR issue they are now trying to charge ME to come see.. Plus I’ve been begging them to come fix it for MONTHS !!! long story short, 2.5 hours later on my one day off, they can’t even make the appt. What a complete and utter joke of a company!!!!!! I can’t even come up with the words to how TERRIBLE this company is! I can’t even blame one person either... over the past 7/8 months I have called about a hundred times and spoke to different people each time. They are the greediest and most selfish/terrible company I have ever EVER experienced! I have paid my bills on time every single month and every singe month they take my money knowing our service isn’t working properly and do NOTHING to fix THEIR crappy service!!!! What a joke!!! Please don’t fall for their BS.... they don’t care about their customers. I’ve never had to fight and waste SO much time with a company in my life!!!! Stay away from Ixfinity!!

Jeffrey Hoshour ,

Xfinity provides broadband internet with only ONE other competitor in my area, and with that being said, they've almost got a monopoly on the internet service in my area. I was on a promotional service subs at the end of the promotion I was never advised that the term ended and I was on autopay, and my charges DOUBLED from $60/mo to $120/mo! I came over day from work and my internet was down. I looked into WHY, and that's when I seen I had been getting charged double for over A YEAR! My internet was suspended because I didn't have the funds in my bank account to cover DOUBLE charges (first time in long time I was low on account balance). I called them immediately and they told me that after the promotion was over I was incurring regular rates, however, she told me I could sign back on a promotion to save money, I said only if they'd give me SOME type of credit back from all the money I had been paying extra for past year and a half, and she said no. I advised then that I no longer wanted their services and to cancel my services. I paid the outstanding bill that night. Two months later I receive a bill for 2 more months service. THEY NEVER CANCELLED MY SERVICES, AND I WAS USING MOBILE DATA FROM CELL PHONE TO HOTSPOT MY LAPTOP AND APPARENTLY IT WAS STILL USING DATA FROM XFINITY, THEY APPARENTLY TURNED MY SERVICES BACK ON AFTER I PAID (THOUGHT I PAID) FINAL BILL THE NIGHT I REQUESTED CANCELLATION. I never thought to check and see where my connection was coming from when on laptop, I turned my hotspot on and assumed it was feeding my laptop data, NOT. I've got to pay for the services they failed to turn off. I'll NEVER use a company again that have these type of business ethics.

Hank Kline DeBary, FL

I would give it no stars, but I have to give it at least one. Got talked into Xfinity, Installers did terrible sloppy job left wires hanging out of wall, did not work properly from start. after third call to Comcast the charged me $56.00 + for service call. They offer 30 day money back if not satisfied. I complained, and customer service shut off my TV and Internet while I was on the phone with them, and my phones about an hour later. Comcast would not let me have my phone numbers (which I had for 30 years back) unless I restarted service with them. I went without phones, TV, or internet for a month. Finally I had to start service (on paper only) before I could port my numbers to ATT. After many hours of calls to Comcast, and six months of promises, I got my initial money back. I will probably assault the next Comcast salesman that shows up at my door.