Xfinity is a TV, internet, phone, and home security provider and streamlines its services to work together — anytime, anywhere, and on any device. Xfinity Cable TV plan options allow customers to watch hundreds of channels, view local programs, and record their favorite shows. However, Xfinity doesn’t stop there. With the X1 TV Box, customers can watch live TV or switch to their favorite streaming service for the ultimate entertainment experience.

Xfinity TV, though compared to a number of Satellite TV providers, is a Cable TV service. This suggests that it can avoid the frustrations caused by weather or other circumstances that Satellite Dished and fiber-optic cables.

Xfinity has been in business since 1981. It was originally called Comcast Cable until in 2010 Comcast Communications decided to roll out the name Xfinity. Xfinity also offers high-speed internet, home security, home phone, and mobile services which can be bundled for lower pricing

Read our customer reviews (below) to find out if Xfinity is right for you.

#1 DIRECTV chevron_right
2.7
#2 Cox Cable chevron_right
3.7
#3 DISH chevron_right
3.1

The Good

• No Contract Option
  • 1-Year Price Lock
  • X1 DVR
  • Bundling Options
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Other Xfinity Services

No Contract Option

Xfinity offers a no-contract option for its TV services for customers who prefer not to be locked into a contract or for those who don’t plan on using the services for long. The no-contract option will cost $10 more a month, but customers can cancel at any time.

1-Year Price Lock

Xfinity has a price lock guarantee even for packages that do not come with a contract. This means that when customers are promised a price (for the first 12 months of service), Xfinity will honor that agreement for the entire year, regardless of whether the customer signed up for a 2-year contract.

X1 DVR

Xfinity’s X1 DVR has unique features that set it apart. Customers can use the X1 Voice Remote to say what they want to watch and easily access results from live TV, On Demand, DVR recordings and more. The X1 DVR will also give customers recommendations based on the shows they’re currently watching. The Xfinity Stream App allows users to stream live TV, DVR recordings, and more whether they’re at home or watching Xfinity on campus.

*HBO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. To access Netflix on Xfinity X1 requires an eligible X1 set-top box with Xfinity TV and Xfinity Internet service. Limited to Netflix members who are residential customers. Netflix on X1 uses your Internet service and will count against any Xfinity data plan. Netflix streaming membership required.

Bundling Options

Customers can bundle their internet, phone, home security, and TV package and save even more. For example, customers can get the X1 Save Pro Triple Play plan (internet and TV) for just $79.99 per month (with the 1-year agreement) and receive the following benefits:

• Download Speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • 140+ Channels
  • Unlimited Calling Nationwide with Xfinity Voice
  • 20 Hours of DVR Service
  • Popular Channels: FX, TLC, HGTV, and Bravo

A plan that includes a home security service will bump up the plan price, but for many customers, the sense of security is worth it.

Money-Back Guarantee

Xfinity offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee for its TV, internet, home security, and home phone services. There is a 14-day, money-back guarantee for the Xfinity mobile devices and services. This is good for customers who want to try out what Xfinity has to offer but are unsure if it is the right choice for them. If for any reason you are not pleased with the product or service that has been offered by one of the Xfinity packages, you can go back within the 30-day or 14-day periods that are allotted to request a refund. This is one of the ways that Xfinity works to ensure customer satisfaction.

Other Xfinity Services

In addition to offering Cable TV, Xfinity is also a provider of a number of other specialized services. These additional services are outlined as follows:

• Xfinity high-speed internet — Xfinity claims that its internet service offers reliable internet speeds, enhanced coverage, advanced security, and customizable WiFi with extenders, cameras, and more. The WiFi that accompanies this plan is known as xFi. One of the advantages of using Xfinity internet is that you are able to use your own modem and router (not all models comply). If you do decide to use your own modem and router, you will get high-speed internet, but you will not unlock xFi WiFi. Basic prices start at $29.99 per month.
  • Xfinity mobile — Xfinity mobile offers users what Xfinity claims to be the best LTE, unlimited talk and text on up to five lines, flexible data options, and the possibility of using your old phone from an old plan. When you add your mobile services to your internet plan, you can get discounted pricing. Each unlimited line starts at $45.00 per month. As part of this service you are able to connect to millions of Xfinity WiFi hotspots to help save money and data.
  • Xfinity home security — Xfinity offers a couple of different home security plans. The first of these plans is the basic home security plan that provides you with 24/7 professional monitoring, smart home control, real-time alerts, cellular system backup, live hd video, and the Xfinity home app. This plan starts at $40.00 per month. The second plan is the home security plus plan. With the plus plan you get everything that is included in the regular plan plus 24/7 video recording, motion-activated recording, artificial intelligence that detects people, vehicles, and pets, and the ability to look back on specific archived moments. This plan starts at $50.00 per month. The pricing for both of these plans does not include equipment. Pricing for packages for equipment ranges from $15.00–$25.00 per month (subject to a 24-month contract), or one-time payments of $360.00–$600.00 depending on the size of system that you would like to get.
  • Xfinity home phone — The Xfinity home phone offers you unlimited nationwide calling, reliable call clarity, and advanced features such as readable voicemails. You can connect your home phone to the Xfinity Connect app to manage your voicemail and make and receive calls from your home phone while on the go.

The Bad

• Early Termination Fee
  • Additional Fees
  • Consumer Complaints

Early Termination Fee

Signing a 1- or 2-year contract with Xfinity can help customers save $10 a month, it does come with a catch. Customers can expect to pay around $100+ in early termination fees; although the fees will vary based on the service level and how much time is remaining on the contract.

While early termination fees are not uncommon in the industry, many customers are surprised when they cancel their contract and the fee is applied to their bill.

To combat the early termination fee, customers can sign up for a shorter contract — which will cost more per month but can save customers money if they end the contract early, or they can sign up for one of Xfinity’s no-contract plans.

Additional Fees

Xfinity’s base packages are reasonably priced; however, customers may find their bill going up if they are not careful. Customers should be aware of these potential charges:

• Broadcast TV Fee — up to $10 per month
  • Regional Sports Fee — up to $8.25 per month
  • HD Technology Fee — $10 per month
  • X1 DVR — $9.95 per month
  • Premium Channels — start at $10 per month
  • Professional Installation Fee — typically between $40-$80

To ensure that you are not confronted with hidden fees, it would be in your best interest to talk through the details of a contract with a representative. This will help get all of the hidden fees out into the open.

Consumer Complaints

A number of our user reviews have explicitly complained about how poor Xfinity’s customer service experiences have been. With cable TV companies, issues are guaranteed to arise and need to be resolved quickly and painlessly. Most complaints discussed how long it took to get in touch with a customer service representative.

The Xfinity website does provide a lot of information; however, some customers have stated they feel the website is confusing and aims to hide important information (especially regarding costs and fees).

The Bottom Line

One of the biggest perks for Xfinity TV is the cloud DVR service. Being able to watch shows anywhere you want on any device is great for those who are always on the go. Another plus for Xfinity is their no-contract option and the 30-day, money-back guarantee, which allows customers a little more flexibility with their plan. Customers will need to keep an eye on their bill as additional fees can be added. Consumers can also expect to see their bill go up after the first year or two when the price lock ends and they start paying the standard rate. This isn’t unusual in the industry but can come as a shock to unsuspecting customers.

Xfinity offers a wide range of services to meet the needs of all their customers. Whether you’re a sports fan or prefer a good binge-watching session, Xfinity’s TV service has a quality plan that will suit your needs. To see if Xfinity is available in your area or if you want more information on Xfinity's TV services, we recommend you call or visit the company site to see what they have to offer.

View Best Satellite TV Companies

2.2

Izetta Buist

July 4th, 2015 Charleston, SC

I'm sorry but comcast has THE worst customer service people...and they bought out the area where I stay so comcast is the ONLY service we can get! Which is so unfair! And The service is WAY too high!!! Had triple play, I wanted to down grade they said I couldn't I had to move heaven and earth to get double play!!!...It shouldn't be that hard to change service if your a paying customer!!!

Mary

July 4th, 2015 Nashville, TN

I am pretty happy with Comcast. After many, calls I got my fee down to a reasonable rate for cable, phone and Internet. I will be staying with Comcast for the foreseeable future.

Jim Miller

July 4th, 2015 Gettysburg, PA

We pay $277 a month for the package deal (TV, Internet, Phone)... When we started it, it was under $100........ I'm very disappointed in the price going up & Up....... I could be making payments on a nice Harley with what they jacked the price up to for the package deal...... DISH, hear I come.

David Johnson

July 3rd, 2015 District Heights, MD

This is my first time and last time having a account with Comcast. After calling and having a tech come out change the router, install a antenna my service became worst. Signals breaks up on TV, picture freezes and internet connection continuously drops all day. By far the worst service I ever had.

JohnB

June 30th, 2015 Walnut Creek, CA

1- Their speed varies widely and what they market and get you for, usually is not what they deliver! Check it for yourself and you see what I mean! 2- They are master in jacking up the price. They cut down on your service and make you buy additional products from them, for additional cost of course! 3- They are master of Hidden costs! Never give your credit card number or make automated payment. They charge you anything they want! Do not trust them! 4- Their customer service is non-existing! They outsource it to who knows where. They are able to give you run a round for hours! The automated system is a disaster. If cannot get your stuff done in the first 10 min, let go! Value your time. Disconnect it and then let them come after you! 5- They are very good in not returning the rest of your money when you terminate them! Be very careful!

Michael Clark

June 29th, 2015 Springfield, IL

I use Comcast only for broadband; I work 2 full time jobs and am not home enough to justify having cable or phone service through them or anyone. Broadband itself has gone up to $95 a month, and since nobody else is available, I stick with Comcast. DSL is nowhere near as fast, either.

Sonya

June 26th, 2015 Dallas, GA

They have capped my internet usage with no real explanation and then want to charge extra for everything I go over! When I asked if I could change my package (after complaining about the change with no results) I was not only told no but then told how I was supposed to use my internet!!!! The only reason I haven't moved is because I am in an area with no other choices. Otherwise I would have been long gone and I'm sure that they know that as well.

carol gorske

June 25th, 2015 Troy, MI

I've been with Comcast the longest and why you ask?? Well its because their the Best in all areas-- I am glad to be a Comcast Customer I would ask only thing from them--please Comcast allow the phone service to block more than just the 25 numbers now in effect--there should be no limit on that. I have recommended you to 7 people 6 love you too--

Bily

June 24th, 2015 Sacramento, CA

At first all was good- now not so much- my once $79.00 service plan in now $221.00 and I have changed nothing. I am now looking for a more price efficent service- $221.00 is way to much to pay for basic tv and internet..

tom

June 24th, 2015 Auburn, WA

every time I walk into Walmart I get hit with the Xfinity team wanting to sign me up. They tell me i can have it all for $60.00 less then what I am paying now, plus the security pkg. I tell them what I have and how much I pay and they say I am paying to much for to little. Then I tell them I have been with Comcast almost 10 years.. they tell me they can only help with an upgrade but since I have it all...... .I called Comcast to try to negotiate a pkg and they tell me for $70.00 more per month, some of the stuff I already have "would be free" and would get a dvr? 10 years I have 1 digital box, no DVR, no HBO, no SHOTIME, no CINAMAX, no sport pkg.,all for just under $200 a month. If I told my loyal long time customers who spend thousands a year with me I was charging them more then people that have never spent a dime with me because they are "new customers" how long would they stay with me.

Greg

June 23rd, 2015 Elkhart, IN

I have always had pretty good service. The changes that are being made are small but I notice them. I had a great package at one time, after talking to a customer rep I came away with a lot less service and hardly any savings. I tried to get domestic help but could not. I think a supervisor was hitting a signal in the phone to get the lady to hurry up and get on to the next customer. This post just ran out of room. Comcast you suck !

K.Mitchell

June 23rd, 2015 Philadelphia, PA

I am so disappointed in comcast! Every month its seems like my bill is getting higher! And the same shows are played over& over!!!!

marsha bishop

June 20th, 2015 Saugus, MA

I am a senior on fixed income, have basic cable and internet, thats it and I cant afford it anymore. 3 people in my complex had o shut their cable down, how sad is that? you need to revamp the system and maybe have us select what stations we want and pay accordingly

Elizabeth Stewart Gandy

June 19th, 2015 Decatur, IL

Poor service and Ive gone through five modems and they say the signal is fine and its not..... The equipment is cheap and the prices keep going up and the internet connection is poor and disapointing, I dont reccommend them

Rosie Payne

June 18th, 2015 Jackson, MS

I'm really not pleased with what I'm paying and the service I'm getting. I'm seriously thinking about changing.

Sherry Yeagley Kaas

June 17th, 2015 Pottstown, PA

Way to expensive...but what is a person to do. Truthfully thinking of dropping cable and just using internet and Roku.. Never answer my house phone so I don't care if I lose that. If I can teach my husband how to use the Roku I will be just using their internet

David Bell

June 16th, 2015 East Brunswick, NJ

I will dump them ASAP. I am locked into them as they are all that is available to me where I reside presently. I could go on & on about their shortcomings, but many many others beat me to it. Comcast sucks overall..

Gloria Green

June 16th, 2015 Hanford, CA

For the most part I'm happy with my service except for when I'm attempting to get help. Phoning in problems should be easier for customers. When I eventually have gotten a recording I have given my contact ph # and it is not recognized whereas any other time it is accepted. I will also give my account # off my bill and the recording has again told me they can't bring up my account. After being on the line for a long time I was told to call later that they can't help me. I phoned back 4 times and every time the same thing happened. Please straighten yourselves out

Bonnie

June 16th, 2015 Cambridge, MD

Worst company I have ever dealt with. Service prices so high who can afford to watch TV. Once BCTV get hooked up down my road I am switching. They are almost here too.

james Jarema

June 15th, 2015 Marlton, NJ

I was a long term Comcast Xfinity customer but the continuous service outages became a fustration. Haven't had a problem since changing to FIOS.

Irvin Trent

June 14th, 2015 Washington, IL

I am Diapointed with Comcast they keep raising bill, I have slow Internet, my TV picture has a Jag or Breakup, I pay just about 200.00 a month, to much for the servie I get.I waiting for TV3 to hookup with, I am aready on there list. I going to Basic while waiting for them, few days ago I had to call them they were off the air for two hours or more. I Had insight Cable before Comcast took over, They were a good company and loved them.

Jim R.

June 14th, 2015 Anderson, IN

Expensive and poor customer service!!

Francette Rush

June 14th, 2015 Jackson, MS

I wish I could get another provider. I might as well have satellite every time it storms my cable goes out until at least the next day. It seems like every month I have problems with the cable or phone and it seems like they raise your bill at will

Barb Hart

June 12th, 2015 Port Huron, MI

Way too expensive have channels that I dont even watch most are stupid shopping channels, they need to let the customers pick the channels they want and not the package deals. Last time I called the customer service was very rude and treated me like I was stuipd. Looking into dish or driect tv will be changing over by the end of the year.

Sandy Garberding

June 12th, 2015 Littleton, CO

We have had Comcast ever since we started with cable. I have been pleased with service and sometimes I have issue with billing and call, they always find a better package.

Eddie Cox

June 12th, 2015 Germantown, TN

Decent product..... very expensive due to bundling and channels that are never watched .Horrible service

Fay Taylor

June 11th, 2015 Philadelphia, PA

A big fat 0.

Susie Hale

June 11th, 2015 Pekin, IL

customers service is real bad

Chuck West

June 10th, 2015 La Porte, IN

Every service technician who's ever visited my house has been friendly, effective and professional. The service is fine, for the most part. But trying to communicate directly with the company (by phone, rather than e-mail) is a NIGHTMARE ... and the people who are supposed to be of assistance quickly get lost when the discussion goes "off script." THEN they just become rude and demanding. Every time I'm forced to listen to endless recorded messages while waiting for 20 minutes or more to actually talk to a real human being, then have my concern ignored and my intelligence insulted, I seriously consider changing my service provider. Also, my monthly fees have almost tripled in the time I've been a subscriber!

Patricia Widmoyer

June 10th, 2015 Colorado Springs, CO

We have the "everything" package and love all the viewing options. Glitches occur infrequently and help is always a 24/7 phone call away. We've found the customer service to be very, very good. I'd hate to lose Comcast. We've had it for, I think, 11 years, in Denver and Colorado Sprigs. We now have Xfinity X1 and really like it!

Stephen F. O'Leary

June 10th, 2015 Bedford, PA

Im in an apartment building where Comcast is the only provider. Before I moved here I had Direct TV which, hands down, is 5 times better than Comcast. We are now trying to get another provider here and looking into the best value.

Stanley Smith

June 9th, 2015 Wildwood, NJ

I pay over $200 per month to Comcast, that's more than my electric and gas combined ! I have tv, internet, and land line phone.(the phone is free with internet) I do NOT get premium tv,(ie HBO) I do not pay Comcast to rent on demand movies. I do not pat for their "faster" internet . I have to pay to rent their cable box, their modem, and their remotes. that seems kind of dumb, as you cant use the services provided without those items. and you cant change channels on the rented box, without the rented remote. if I keep Comcast for many years, I will be paying thousands of bucks in rent. AND I get several mailings weekly, advertising how I can pay MORE getting faster internet, X1 (whatever that is, AND a security system .....why, so I can pay to protect their equipment ? I'M WISHING VERIZON WOULD COME INTO MY NEIGHBORHOOD ! .........thanks !

Phil Chiachetti

June 8th, 2015 Mays Landing, NJ

I will be glad when I move shortly to be rid of Comcast. Started out at $120 and has shortly risen to $178 with no change in service. Will not do business with this company again.

Evelyn Woodring Willis

June 8th, 2015 Hackettstown, NJ

when they cannot help you over the phone they always tell me a higher up tech in the company will call the next day to tell me what to do as they know more. I am still, after several calls and stioll without my.......ON DEMAND and HBO on DEMAND, I am ready to do the dish thingy. their customer service sucks. I beliueve its because they are in foreign country and we cannot understand each other. over a month and still waiting

Andy Hobbs

June 7th, 2015 Fort Wayne, IN

The X1 tthe more i use it the better it gets

paula doyle

June 7th, 2015 Decatur, IL

I like the quality of my tv pic, but still think its a bit high priced

Julie Pitruzzello

June 6th, 2015 Middletown, CT

Xfinity is unreal. Every time I call all they do is apologize, over and over. The 1st time they were here they wired the house, then they had to come back and were here for 3 hrs, so we could get the sportsman channel, never happened. Then I had to return the boxes, and get new ones, then I had to go back to get a new remote, the service man had to come back bc the NEW remote was broken. The following week, they were here again, REWIRED the whole house, (great job Paul!) Spent 5 (FIVE) hrs here, and guess what? The following week, we don't get our LOCAL channels! This time it was something they could fix from the office. When speaking to a supervisor this last time, the lady had the NERVE to say, 'I understand you're not getting what you want' I blew up! Not getting what I want? How about, NOT GETTING WHAT I PAY FOR!! I'm sick of this company! If I have to call again, I'm going to cancel, and not pay your early termination fee.

Francis Bell

June 6th, 2015 Philadelphia, PA

I am very happy with Comcast. Sure a couple times I was on hold for a long time, and a billing problem needed to be fixed but nobody is perfect. I have been a Comcast customer since 1988 and I will continue. Not perfect but extremely good in my mind.

Cate Eldridge

June 4th, 2015 Cottage Grove, MN

you cant select only what you want they package certain things together so you can split - im paying for a bundle with phone , internet and cable and I DONT USE THE PHONE.. aksed to have it dropped and reduce the bill.. was told id pay more.. WHY??????????????????????????????????????? PRICE things as needed.... basic cable... additional 20.00/month for 4 specifically chosen channels OF YOR CHOICE.. add in internet 20.00 and be done... id say that's $80.00/month NOT 200+ OH AND when people are struggling.. let them make arrangements on the damn bill.. not just 1 every six months but as needed.... and then when they pay their bill DONT SHUT EM OFF ANYWAY.... happened to me more than once.. lets say more than 5 x.... "ill note your account"... NEVER HAPPENS... bring CS back to the US call centers.... if your global .. then have call centers for those countries I their countries as well... and this monopoly and no competition within towns.. HAS TO CHANGE...

Erika Tenderoni Divers

June 3rd, 2015 Washington, DC

From a Real Customer Review Comcast is one of the worst companies I have ever came across. Their customer service is the worst but their product is good, but that gives them no right to treat there customers they way they do rude and disrespectful and the prices are ridiculous. I had a Comcast employee tell me they own me money and don't pay my bill yet because of it two months later I get a letter for the Collection Agent saying I never paid my bill WTH Comcast !!!!

Brad

June 2nd, 2015 Attleboro, MA

Channel and voice always out of sync

Ken Johnson

June 2nd, 2015 Westland, MI

I spent 3 months in the hospital and while I was gone I asked my wife to just pay the bills and not to worry about them. Comcast raised her bill every month and they also said I was using too many units on the phone even though we had signed up for unlimited usage. They threatened to disconnect the phone. Needless to say I signed up to another company and returned Comcast's equipment. I can't ever see myself using them again. They probably will take this message down

TSpurlock

June 2nd, 2015 Hinesville, GA

I just have to say I am paying a lot of money and I don't get all of the services that I pay for. When you try to get it fixed, it does not work. Winning a losing battle. Also getting charged for additional GB and not just being able to upgrade without getting phone service should be changed.

Patricia Beaupre

June 2nd, 2015 Plant City, FL

We live in a mobile home park and only Comcast is our only provider. I have tried Direct TV but that doesn't work either. The service is good and the customer service has gotten better. It's the cost of their product that upsets me. We pay $200 per month for internet and cable. I think this is way out of line. Wishing we had another cable company to choose from cause this is way to much money just to watch TV.

Oscar Colin

June 2nd, 2015 Murfreesboro, TN

horrid customer service, horrible TV reception that is intermittent, and horrid internet that has recently increased in cost at the same time they reduced service.

Andy Hobbs

May 29th, 2015 Fort Wayne, IN

love it

gearllean

May 27th, 2015 Chicago, IL

Comcast is getting to high some of the chanel I dont watch but be bill for them I call because I was not getting a ring tone and they charge me allmost $70.00 talking about my equipment was old it was not my fault thats youaa equiment they need to lower there prices before they loose all there customers I am thinking about switching soon been with them for years

Ed Hall

May 25th, 2015 Lewes, DE

The first company that comes along to stop this renegotiation of your service every twelve months is going to mop the floor with Comcast. If I had to renegotiate with my electric company every twelve months, I would switch to Natural Gas. What a preposterous way to do business.

john williams

May 23rd, 2015 San Leandro, CA

they over price on they cable bill they give you a deal on cable for $29.00 after that year it go up 75% for as they custom service you have to call about 2 to 3 time to get some one who can understand English. it look like they route they call out of the country.

Kathleen Riley

May 22nd, 2015 Pompano Beach, FL

They have a reconnect fee for each thing! Their fastest internet still lags when 2 computers & game console are on. They aren't willing to work with customers.