As a result of Time Warner Cable®, Bright House Networks®, and Charter Communications® merging, Spectrum is available in forty-one states and serves over 25 million customers. Claiming to be one of America’s fastest growing TV, voice company, and internet service providers, Charter Spectrum attempts to provide high-quality service with superior entertainment and communication products.

Charter also claims that Spectrum TV offers more HD channels than any other provider. Customers can get instant access to thousands of On Demand shows and watch live TV anywhere in their home. Spectrum TV also allows customers to download their favorite movies and show onto their mobile devices with the Spectrum TV app.

The Good

• Popular TV Packages
  • Spectrum TV App
  • Additional Charter Spectrum Services
  • Service Agreement
  • Channels in Spanish

Popular TV Packages

Charter Spectrum has potential customers enter in their address to find out the exact services and rates for their location. While its residential services and rates will vary per location, Charter Spectrum does disclose the introductory prices for its packages.

TV Select

• 125+ Channels
  • $44.99 per month (for the first 12 months)

TV Silver

• 175+ Channels
  • $84.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included

Silver Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 175+ Channels
  • $109.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes modem

TV Gold

• 200+ Channels
  • $104.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included

Gold Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 200+ HD Channels
  • $129.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes Modem

With the Silver and Gold package, customers can watch premium channels without having to worry about paying a hefty fee.

Additional Charter Spectrum Services

Not only does Charter Spectrum offer cable TV services, but it also offers internet, home phone, mobile, and business services. As seen in the payment bundles and packages above, you can bundle a number of Charter Spectrum's services to help save on your monthly bill. Brief explanations of the additional services offered by Charter Spectrum can be found below.

• Spectrum Internet — Spectrum Internet plans through Charter Spectrum start at $49.99 per month for the first 12 months of service. Plans feature significant amounts of bandwidth, high-speed internet, no data caps, a free cable modem/router, a free antivirus software, and an in-home WiFi network. When bundled with Spectrum Cable TV, you have both your cable TV and streaming TV needs covered.
  • Home phone — For just $9.99 per month, you can stay connected with all of your loved ones (price applicable if bundled). Calls can be made to the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rice, and more.
  • Spectrum Mobile — To start a Spectrum mobile plan with Charter Spectrum, you can use an online tool to see how much money you can save when comparing your current plan to a plan that Charter Spectrum can offer you. Plans start at $14 per GB per month.
  • Spectrum Business — Charter Spectrum offers a special Spectrum business phone service for small businesses with free unlimited local and long distance calling and 30+ advanced business calling features for $19.99 per month (when bundled). Specific internet plans are also available which feature consistent internet connection, high-speed internet, and fast upload speeds. For more information visit the Charter Spectrum website.

Spectrum TV App

Spectrum’s TV app gives customers full access to their TV lineup as well as up to 40,000 On Demand TV shows and movies on any mobile or connected device (including a smartphone, tablet, Roku, Xbox One, or a Samsung Smart TV). Spectrum users can watch their favorite shows, episodes, and movies anywhere — members can even use the app to program their DVR.

Customers can download the app to their phone and log in using their Spectrum.net email and password (signing in with the Spectrum username won’t work).

However, if a customer is at home and connected to a Spectrum authorized modem, the app will automatically authorize the username and password.

Service Agreement

Along with bundles, cable television providers often use deals as a way to get new customers to sign up for their services. Charter Spectrum offers new customers a no-contact agreement as well as an offer to buy out any current contract for up to $500.

Unfortunately, these deals do not apply to all customers and a 12-month service commitment is standard for all other service packages provided at Charter Spectrum. Which deals or bundles are right for a specific customer can be confusing, but a customer service representative is always available to help on the Charter Spectrum website.

Channels in Spanish

As rates of native Spanish speakers increase in the United States, the need for access to Spanish-speaking channels continues to rise. The Spectrum Mi Plan Latino TV and internet plan provides more than 130 channels with more than 75 of them in Spanish.

The Bad

• Price Increase
  • Charter Spectrum Consumer Complaints

Price Increase

As with most companies in the industry, Charter Spectrum’s prices increase after a year of service. Before signing up for a plan, customers should ask how much they’ll be paying per month after the first 12 months. Initial lower prices is a common tactic in the industry and will only apply for a short amount of time. Customers should also ask about any other charges that might be added to their account — some companies will charge extra for the modem, DVR service, internet speeds, etc.

Charter Spectrum Consumer Complaints

The top three complaints customers have about Charter Spectrum are unreliable service, price increases, and the company's subpar customer service. Many consumers mentioned the unreliable signal and felt that they were paying too much for the quality of service they were getting in recent Spectrum customer reviews. The price increases were another common complaint as customers felt that the prices were continually going up, but channels were being removed.

The majority of customer complaints found in Spectrum reviews are related to Charter Spectrum’s poor customer service. Consumers were not happy with the technicians or customer service representatives. There were mentions of being put on hold and never getting an answer, being hung up on during a call, being charged for things customers weren’t signed up for, waiting hours for a technician to come, and receiving faulty equipment.

The Bottom Line

Customers looking for a simple satellite TV provider that doesn’t require lengthy contracts should look into Charter Spectrum. The company is flexible with its bundling packages and customers can easily build a package with the basic TV essentials. In addition, with the Spectrum App, customers can watch their favorite shows on multiple devices.

However, there are several less than desirable aspects of the company. Charter Spectrum is pricier than other service providers and consumers have often had problems with Charter Spectrum’s spotty, unreliable signals, pricing, and customer service. The company is only available in forty-one states and customers have to live within a specific area to get service.

According to consumers, Charter Spectrum’s customer service is lacking in many aspects and that alone has made customers want to cancel their contracts.

We suggest customers use another — more reputable — satellite TV service provider.

View Best Satellite TV Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Charter Spectrum below.

1.7
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

Jon

October 9th, 2017

They lied about availabilty of the one channel I wanted on TV. They increase rates after one year and do not work to keep you as a customer with any deal. They then pepper you with deal letters after you leave. This company is a total joke

Timothy Hall

October 8th, 2017 Greenville, SC

Called technical services to fix a connection problem with my tv (its raining and I have as bad reception as if I had satellite service, which is one of cable's biggest selling features) this has happened several times over the past few weeks, guess I'm gonna have to start looking elsewhere for service. When I called technical services they couldn't even locate my account, I used my Name, Phone #, physical address, account # (all of which I located easily on the online account). Looks as if I am just lost in their system without the ability to be helped, especially after the service tech told me should couldn't help me and transferred me back to the automated system.

Matt

October 7th, 2017

Had an appt to set up internet and guy never showed up. Called customer service and was on hold 1 hour before they dropped me. Very disappointing as my family had nothing but positives about brighthouse(spectrum) before now

Sara P

September 29th, 2017 Cambridge, OH

I purchased WiFi and WiFi only. After hooking up everything the WiFi didn't work. We called to tried and find out why and it was something damaged by weather so whatever not their fault. We schedule a service time and day. That time and day comes and goes. They never actually scheduled the appointment. The next available time and day they could offer was almost a complete 2 weeks later. We were told it wouldn't be a charge for them to come out and that we wouldn't be billed for the time the WiFi wasn't actually on. We were billed for both. Had to go into the store and have the bill adjusted. I personally needed to have the account switched to my name from my ex's name. To Do that you have to turn in the used equipment and get new equipment. While setting it up I discovered the Ethernet cord and the coax cord we completely missing from the set up kit. If I hadn't had my own extra cords I would have had to drive completely back out to the store and pick them up, which normally isn't a big deal except the closest store is over a half hour away. Not to impressed with this company so far.

Edwin Colon

September 21st, 2017 Kissimmee, FL

I'M PAYING FOR INTERNET OF 300 MBPS AND WHAT i'M GETTING IS INTERNET WITH AVERAGE SPEED OF 20mb TO 75 mb ,,Worst internet service,and long phone call ..Not good for you blood pressure.

Elizabeth Brooks

September 20th, 2017

We had TimeWarner until Spectrum. We had the best service with TimeWarner. The first thing Spectrum did after the take over was nearly double our bill. We called and complained. No help so we asked about lowering our internet speed to lower price. They said it would take us out of our contract and would raise our bill. (Their commercial says they don't do contract.) We cancelled their service. Months later my husband got us in with them as new customers. Since then our service is intermittent and pixelating. There has been 7 repair guys out here, all saying the same thing but Spectrum will not fix the problem.

Irina Grant

September 18th, 2017

Spectrum Service is Horrible, their representative offer us less amount bill compare with what we have before. On the end we received higher bill amount, extra installation fees that he didn't disclosure us. Apparently they don't receive amount that we transferred them online payment. The worst we are trying to reach customer service during a month and you have to spend min 2 hours to reach anybody and after that to find out that they can't do anything. We still not resolve our issues, but we will not recommend Spectrum Business for Business.

Jordan Brennan

September 17th, 2017

I have had 6 different people come out to my home and we still have no wifi!! I've requested that 2 supervisors call me and I haven't heard from one in over 2 days. This is the worse service I have ever had. Also when the survey people called to take my survey for the technician it would not let me leave a dissatisfied survey and eventually hung up on me.

Noam

September 13th, 2017 Fort Lee, NJ

TV service cuts in and out, barely works. Internet is far slower than advertised. We have the 300 mbps internet service plan, and I don't think I have ever seen even half that speed when downloading. Upload speeds might as well be using a dial-up modem from the 90's.

Lannon Tanchum

September 12th, 2017

Your service is the worst. not only have I been having ongoing issues for three long years, but your employees will look you in the eye or sweet talk you and apologize over the phone all the while lying to you and forgetting to follow up when they are done with you. Six weeks ago a tech came over, changed out the modem and pronounced that everything was now perfect. It wasn't. Interrupted TV, Internet goes down many times a day intermittently which impacts both web use and our landline. My husband spent hours on Labor Day troubleshooting over the phone. To no avail. Last Friday technician, Liyo, arrives. Checks the equipment in the house and pronounces it fine. Goes outside to the box somewhere down the road and finds weak to non-existent signals. Comes back to tell me this and says that he will let "them " know to send someone to repair the box. Says it will be done over the weekend and a cardboard notice will be hung on my door when it is done. No notice arrives. I call on Saturday. Am told no info was given by the technician and no ticket was created to do the work! I am assured that the case is now escalated and someone will call me the next day, Sunday. of course, no call comes. Nor does it come Monday. This morning, I called and spent an unbelievable 55 minutes listening to the rep telling me that they phoned and no one answered and until we pick up the call no work order will be initiated. Now I have checked and rechecked my missed calls on my Iphone, and so has my husband. NO CALLS WERE MADE TO US. Furthermore, why do we need to be called when we have already initiated a service call that now needs to be dealt with outside our house? I ask to speak to a supervisor. Andre comes to the phone. Tells me that this is their protocol. Tells me that at his home he uses Cox and they also give him the runaround!! Tells me that I will get a call within an hour and that this will get taken care of. TODAY. I get the call. He asks me what the issue is, as if there is no history. No order to fix the connections at the box has been created! I can't believe my ears! I want to cry! All this wasted time and energy and NOTHING has been done to move this forward. I am told that a technician will come to my house this evening. Again. He will check the inside equipment. Again. Then will go outdoors and get readings. Again. Then he will create a ticket to have the outdoor box seen to. Again. Then I will be called. Again. and so on and on and on.... Do I believe this will ever be repaired? No Would I like to be proven wrong? Yes How can a company that prides itself on 'speed and reliability" dare to look us customers in the eyes while employees lie to us, is beyond my ability to comprehend. If you cannot achieve speed and reliability, for pity's sake, change your slogan!

Cindy

September 11th, 2017

I got a price on package in May 2017 guaranteed for 1 year not to change got bill for Aug 2017 it went up 7 dollars when I called they would not let me talk to anybody in sales to see if I could change something to lower my bill very rude customer care employee

Rick

September 11th, 2017 Erie, PA

There prices for cable are ridiculous, I thought Time Warner was bad. At Least they would work with you on specials. My price is $127.00 and starting in March it goes up to about $180.00 + for basic cable,phone and internet. That happens with lack of competition.

Debbie Davison

September 10th, 2017

spectrum they rip you off on your bill , explaining customer service to them that there internet sucks keeps going offline couple times where I have to turn off and turn back on to be back online, customer service making excuse thats it is my router thats doing it i said no its not its a brand new router band, billing is crazy i don't even have cable or phone my bill is coming out the amount like I have cable and phone, i only have internet I'm getting charge 143.00, the internet is 76.00 thats with tax already, this is the only company that does service in Boerne texas, if there was other companys for internet i would switch in a heart beat, the only thing good thing i can say is there is no contract thats the only thing i give it a 1, spectrum sucks, spectrum was charging me my own router they only credit me back 25.96 only for 2months when they charge me for a year for my own router when i told them in the beginning when i started with them that i had my own router. spectrum sucks.

Melissa Church

September 9th, 2017 Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I canceled with dish to save money with spectrum. That did not happen. After discussing the 5 channels i needed they installed the next day. I was missing 2. I called after 1hour i got 1 of the channels i was missing for 12 bucks. Called again and for another 12 bucks they will add the missing one! Yea right! I should have stayed with dish at this price! Worse then time warner! Thank god im not stuck in contract!!

Kailey

September 9th, 2017

The amount of time I have had to spend on hold with Time Warner/ Spectrum is outrageous. No one there is at all competent or knowledgeable. In addition, they are lazy, when a product is broken a company should work to fix it ASAP. Unfortunately Spectrum/TWC does not share that view.

Cassandra

September 8th, 2017 Pompano Beach, FL

My install was not complete, wires and cable splicer were left laying on the floor. I have a 3 year old who now thinks its a toy. I called to speak w/ a sup, I was told one would call back twice. It wasn't until I stopped payment on my check that I received a call. Now they want me to pay $35.00 to roll a truck out to my home to secure the wires and splicer when the initial install wasn't complete. I still have Direct TV wires in my home and the are secured along the base board/ door frame. I wasn't offered an apology, no empathy was shown or credit to my bill for the inconvenience. I think I'm going to regret not renewing my Direct TV.

Margaret Warwick

September 3rd, 2017 Flowery Branch, GA

I think that Spectrum could be a good choice if they would be fair to their existing customer. My bill this month (9/03/1/) is $131.26. That is for internet and the basic plan with 2 TV's. I don't even get the cartoon channel. Seeing their adds for $29.95 really pisses me off. I don't want their phone service. Tried it in the past and it didn't work for us. My cable goes out quite often, but I am pretty happy with the internet service. Can't wait to cut the cord for cable, will continue with internet service.

Renee

September 2nd, 2017 Erie, PA

They raised my bill randomly and were not pleasant on the phone. I can forsee this happening every 6 months. I have to get out from under them! Crooks!

Lo Crosby

August 31st, 2017 Gastonia, NC

I just had a chat that appeared to be computerized, ie the language used was not what a real person would use. I had one question: why did a rate that was advertised by TWC to be permanent -- a $14.99 internet rate -- change to $19.99? The chat agent mentioned that it was because of enhancement. I asked what enhancement. Did my speed increase? Just overall enhancement. What a crock of bull, as I knew it would be. This company does not respect its customers or keep its promises. When the "rate the chat" screen appeared, it would not accept my answers unless I checked the "yes" box to the question: regarding whether the issue wasresolved so I did not even get to rate the chat. The chat agent disconnected the chat without warning, and without answering my rate increase question. Every time I deal with this company, it reminds me how not to treat people. Must find another internet provider.

Randi

August 30th, 2017

I thought when I had TWC, it could not get any worse. I was excited when I heard it was being bought out by Spectrum. Finally, I would get the internet service I had been paying for but never received. In addition, the customer service had to be better. Well, I could not be more wrong. Not only did my internet not improve, my bill went up. When I called to inquire as to why, I was just told that was the best price for the service I was getting. Furthermore, I was informed that I could expect another increase on my next bill. There are no other providers in my area-they know this and basically extort this. If you can find a way to avoid this company-do so at all costs.

Stephanie Mcfarland

August 29th, 2017 Wadsworth, OH

Worst customer service I have ever received! Unprofessional and rude is an understatement! Will never use or recommend spectrum

DJG

August 26th, 2017

The customer service is horrible...the product is horrible...the cancellation process is just as horrible! I would suggest that if anyone is interested in Spectrum, they ought to reconsider. The technical service was never satisfactory and the problems that we had with Spectrum were never resolved in the four months that we had the service. Moreover, the customer service personnel were nothing spectacular, but rather they were acting as if anyone who called them were a nuisance. I would recommend anyone else but Spectrum at this point. I am returning the equipment as soon as I possibly can since I just switched back to DirecTV.

BG

August 25th, 2017 Lake Mary, FL

They stink. They only offer 60 mps or 300 mps for there internet. If you are a current customer they give you no deals. New Customers get a bundle of all channels plus HBO, CInamax, STARS, etc for 143.00 I had on there mid tier service and they were chaging me 174.00 a month. NoHBO, STARS, REDZONE, etc. If this company was in the NE they would go out of busness. Here in FL they can make sections where you live be just one cable company. No compitetion. Just SAY NO. (unless your a new customer then cancel after 2 years)......

Dustin

August 23rd, 2017

Everyday the internet will cut in and out ever since I switched

Kara VanDyke

August 23rd, 2017 Columbus, OH

I contacted Spectrum to add phone lines to our existing internet services. I was put in contact with Shelia S. The process started on June 29th. My email and phone documentations show that she has not followed up or put us as a priority. We will not be proceeding with the phone lines. We are completely disappointed in our experience and follow up from you regarding adding lines. We will be sure to relay our dissatisfaction to every business that we know. July 10th is when the process started. We are almost to September. I sent you all requested documents (for the 2nd time) on 8/13 and have heard nothing back. This has been nothing but a waste of time.

tom mesmer

August 22nd, 2017 Seminole, FL

Spectrum changed phone number WITHOUT my permission. I explained may issues as to why they should not, resume out on line, aps on line, and other issues, no one cared. Said this was a FCC regulation and rate center issue. This was wrong. The service level has gone down hill since Charter bought Brighthouse. Looking for another company and will switch ASAP

Travis Irle

August 21st, 2017

Spectrum did honor my TWC deal for a few months but then jacked up the rate $25. I ended up with half the internet speed for $8 more. Good move spectrum. Buy out all the competition and raise rates. Nothing but class acts there. Extremely dissatisfied.

Courtney

August 18th, 2017

DO NOT USE CHARTER!!! Our service was in and out for over a month. It would only work for about 30 mins at a time. We were told to call and they would help with our bill. We called and customer service was very rude. He kept cutting me off and saying I never called when my phone record said I did. Very rude and unprofessional. You will end up paying reguardless of if they provide you service. We had someone check our usage and see that we had no service more than half of th month and they refuse to do anything about it.

dave

August 17th, 2017

spectrum has got to be the worst it took me over 2 months just to get my service working and the internet speeds are not what is advertised . if you have any choice other than spectrum then take it .spectrum is not worth the money .they do not have multi room dvr and the dvr will only record about 100 hours then it just deletes everything that is recorded. so don't walk but runaway from this company do not get spectrum you will be sorry.

Donnie Cambre

August 17th, 2017 Dallas, TX

I had TWC and then Spectrum took over. Everything was OK. Then I moved (less than 1 mile away) and thought I would get hooked back up with TWC/Spectrum. Well, the service is different, but they promised me the same I had with TWC. In particular, the 6 tuner DVR so I could record/watch 6 channels at a time like I had with TWC. Got lied to several times about this but the truth is Spectrum doesn't support that or the Whole House DVR like TWC unless you are grandfathered in as a former TWC customer and already have the TWC hardware. On the phone, multiple times, they tell me I can get the 6 tuner DVR (or even the latest, greatest Spectrum DVR that has 4 tuners), but that is a lie. Those are taken out of service when they are returned. If a miracle happens, you might get one but don't count on it. Spectrum only uses 2 tuner DVRs so you can only record/watch 2 at one time, so I hope your shows don't overlap. If they would have told me that up front, I could have made an informed decision. Instead they lied to me multiple times and say I can go to the store and get a 6 or 4 tuner DVR, but you just can't; I tried a couple times. So Spectrum buys TWC and downgrades the service but is telling people like me that I can get service that they just don't offer. The initial sales guys say one thing, the technicians say another, the TV support guys say something else. And don't get me started on the "Disconnect Service" people. They were just flat out rude and gave me the same lies as the sales guys. The only department that was friendly and helpful was the Billing Dept.

George Cavicchi

August 17th, 2017

The service still terrible internet slow no difference from when it was Time Warner.People who had service there's no discount VERY HIGH PACKAGES unless you are a new customer.Its a lot of money for terrible and slow internet.

Tonya Clark

August 15th, 2017

Tara did a AWESOME JOB!!!!!SHE solve our problems and has GOOD communication skills

Natalie

August 9th, 2017 Los Angeles, CA

They don't communicate very well. Called to confirm an appointment, they tell the appointment is not scheduled,therefore leave my house and when I come back I find a note saying I missed them. Furthermore, they complete an installation of underground phone wire drop and leave an oil stain on my sidewalk. In

Robert Rees-Jones

August 8th, 2017 Emerald Isle, NC

Spectrum technology, compared to Comcast, is appalling. Constant inactivation of boxes, requiring rebooting and reactivating. Countless "service calls" to the house, finding different problems each time, never fixing the underlying unreliability of their hardware. Leave the house for a month, come back, and nothing works. Reboot boxes, reactivate online, chat, talk to a service representative--never fixed. This is from a Signature Service Whole House DVR customer to the tune of $350/month. I can stream from my Comcast account in another city with no technical difficulty whatsoever. So that is now my service in this house.

Edward Belmonte

August 8th, 2017 Lutz, FL

Previous Brighthouse customer, moved to new home and was forced into higher priced Spectrum packaging and forced to use a cable box on every tv we own. Spoke to customer service and was told that pricing would be the same. We refurbished the home for a month and after we finally moved in, low and behold, m pricing was the same, but I don't have all the channels I had previously! If I want all these see channels, I have to pay more! Now a supervisor is pulling my previous calls and seeing if the rep did in fact state that everything would be the same. Don't bother, I will be changing providers!

Paul

August 6th, 2017

TWC just rebranded. Sane lame redubdant channels. Lousy old expensive on demand movie selection. Channel selection is lousy. Expensive. Not much to like.

shirley kovaleski

August 3rd, 2017 Bradenton, FL

Spectrum is Awful!!!! I pay way too much for this service. Never any new movies, always constant reruns over and over again back from 20 to 30 years ago. How about some newer ones, there are tons of them out there. My bill goes up all the time , for what, the same old stuff!!! Always some kind of issue with the service too! Not worth it!! And the scary people they have on the commercial saying all other providers are evil, well they are dressed right for the Spectrum commercial, they just need to say that Spectrum is the most "EVIL" of them all!!!

Krisann

August 2nd, 2017

The past week I have had the WORST experience with this company. I currently only have internet, and I recently decided I wanted to add cable. I call the company, they said since I had cable with spectrum before all I had to do was go to their local store and pick up my new box and wires. Sounds easy, right? WRONG. First, the box did not work. I was on the phone with the technician who just kept telling me to do the same thing over and over again (try hdmi 1, make sure my tv is set on the same one etc.) After 30 minutes of this, and restarting and "sending signals" the tech told me they needed to send someone out. I scheduled my appointment for two days later and they were supposed to arrive between 12-2pm. 2 pm came and left and there was no sign of the technician. I was on and off the phone with spectrum trying to figure out what was going on, no one could locate where the technician was, they called dispatch, who was supposed to contact me with more information; they never did. Finally I was told the tech was running an hour behind schedule, but was still on his way. I wound up waiting an extra 2 1/2 hours, and the technician never showed up. I called spectrum again to cancel the technician and they told me it might just be a bad box and if I wanted I could go back to the store and they will exchange it. I did this, and still the box was not working. Trying to stay positive, I scheduled an appt for a technician to come out today to hook up my cable. First, I got the text message notifying me of my time 6-8pm and then it had a link as to where I could track the tech. The link of course did not work (I was not surprised by this). I waited an hour and then called customer service to see if they could provide me with an idea of when the tech would be arriving and I was told he was finishing up his current job, and I would be notified soon that he would be on his way. Once it hit 7:40 I became worried of when he was going to be arriving so I called back to see what was going on. The first person I spoke to told me he had gone to my apartment and then left, and the second person they transferred me to said there was a note on my account saying that the box started to work. Neither of these actually happened!!! I asked to cancel the cable that I was trying to add and told them I would just like to keep my original internet package and the guy told me I could not longer have it at the price I was paying, and I would now have to pay $20 more a month for the same service. This has been an absolute horrible experience and I would not recommend TWC/Spectrum to anyone. Save yourself the stress and frustration and just pay a few dollars more for a cable company you can actually count on.

DAVID HENDRIX

August 1st, 2017

My additional modem line went from $10 a month with TW to $59.99 & is constantly throttled. Forced to upgrade modem for no apparent reason since the speed has not increased(even though the raised the bill for so-called faster speeds) Hours & hours on phone trying to explain that we have 2 modems & 2 cable boxes,,they fix one & kill the other,,been going round & round for over 5 days now. Feel extorted & that they don't care

Remie

August 1st, 2017 Grand Haven, MI

Service is horrible! I need to find another option. So sick of this company.

Jim

August 1st, 2017 El Paso, TX

I have been having problems with my internet service since november 2016 its now july 31 ,2017 . I have called a dozen times trying to get my internet service fixed Itried buying a new ipad and gettin a new router from them and all they do is waste about an hour of my time every time I call if I had another choice I would have given them the boot long ago TWC was about the same but at least my internet worked most of the time Spectrum is awful thank you Congress for not letting other companys in my area !

paula

July 31st, 2017

Too much outage on email and not willing to give credit.

Marcia Smith

July 30th, 2017 Louisville, KY

The absolute worst representation for a company. I am looking for another service.

Jamelle

July 30th, 2017 Philadelphia, PA

I thought this would b a good company. I talked to a supervisor on 7-29-2017 about my bill. this guy was really rude an nasty. I was trying to lower my bill. they are charging 154.00 . I wanted to let go of the phone on the an I was told if I do my bill would go up to 170. 00 a month. then he was comparing me to other customers about letting go of some of the channels that I liked. he was rude . I am leaving spectrum an will never return. it should not cost this to watch television. an half of the programs are repeats

Anna p

July 30th, 2017

A storm took out my cable/internet wire coming to my house 3 weeks ago. I have called spectrum several times to have it reattached to the pole.They said the distance was too far for overhead wire,so they will put in another pole,10 days to have pole approved,I waited,then called again,they said they will do under ground wire,sent someone out,he said will do hard line above ground. Three different ways to fix cable, but 3 weeks later they haven't fixed it at all. I get the run around each time.service is TERRIBLE.

Angie Henry

July 30th, 2017

They were supposed to take $106 dollars out of my account to install service instead took out $400 and when i called them the manager laughed about it and told me they didnt refund money and if they decided to refund my money it would be in a check form in 6-8 weeks now i have to wait a week to get my money back from my bank...i have 4 kids to take care and they think its funny they stole $400 from my account i dont think its funny

Corrine

July 29th, 2017 Nebraska City, NE

There is a few things to complain about. First off they told us 50 to 60 was the highest speed we could get for internet. Found out 100 is the highest in our area. 2nd we have been getting service from twc/spectrum since 2013. Today we found out our modem wasn't the right one to get the speed of internet we have been paying for all these years. Customer service acts like they can't do nothing about it. All they did was offer a free month.

brad

July 28th, 2017 Saint Cloud, MN

The voice automated system is terrible. I have never got the correct department on the first attempt, and I AM a clear speaker. The people I have spoken with do their job well, but the voice system is garbage.

Jody Grubbs

July 28th, 2017 Plano, TX

Customer service will lie to you and laugh at you. Very disrespectful. Supervisors aren't any better. I don't suggest Spectrum to my worst enemy

Jennifer Spencer

July 27th, 2017

I thought TWC was bad, but I find myself missing them daily, because since switching to Spectrum, my service has slowed DRASTICALLY, even cutting out completely most days. I frequently have to reset my modem, which results in lost work and time. We don't even have that many devices hooked up to it! But unless I want to spend EVEN MORE than I already do, I get to live with sub-par service. My price point stayed the same, but I lost my cable for it to be that cheap. With TWC, I had my phone and cable and WiFi for the price I'm paying Spectrum for WiFi and phone only. Spectrum also has these super fun "reconnection fees" and "deposits" that they make you pay, if you ever end up getting your service suspended for any reason (like in the instance that your debit card gets phished for $500 and you can't pay anything at all until your bank straightens it out). Spectrum has disappointed me.