As a result of Time Warner Cable®, Bright House Networks®, and Charter Communications® merging, Spectrum is available in forty-one states and serves over 25 million customers. Claiming to be one of America’s fastest growing TV, voice company, and internet service providers, Charter Spectrum attempts to provide high-quality service with superior entertainment and communication products.

Charter also claims that Spectrum TV offers more HD channels than any other provider. Customers can get instant access to thousands of On Demand shows and watch live TV anywhere in their home. Spectrum TV also allows customers to download their favorite movies and show onto their mobile devices with the Spectrum TV app.

The Good

• Popular TV Packages
  • Spectrum TV App
  • Additional Charter Spectrum Services
  • Service Agreement
  • Channels in Spanish

Popular TV Packages

Charter Spectrum has potential customers enter in their address to find out the exact services and rates for their location. While its residential services and rates will vary per location, Charter Spectrum does disclose the introductory prices for its packages.

TV Select

• 125+ Channels
  • $44.99 per month (for the first 12 months)

TV Silver

• 175+ Channels
  • $84.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included

Silver Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 175+ Channels
  • $109.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes modem

TV Gold

• 200+ Channels
  • $104.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included

Gold Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 200+ HD Channels
  • $129.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes Modem

With the Silver and Gold package, customers can watch premium channels without having to worry about paying a hefty fee.

Additional Charter Spectrum Services

Not only does Charter Spectrum offer cable TV services, but it also offers internet, home phone, mobile, and business services. As seen in the payment bundles and packages above, you can bundle a number of Charter Spectrum's services to help save on your monthly bill. Brief explanations of the additional services offered by Charter Spectrum can be found below.

• Spectrum Internet — Spectrum Internet plans through Charter Spectrum start at $49.99 per month for the first 12 months of service. Plans feature significant amounts of bandwidth, high-speed internet, no data caps, a free cable modem/router, a free antivirus software, and an in-home WiFi network. When bundled with Spectrum Cable TV, you have both your cable TV and streaming TV needs covered.
  • Home phone — For just $9.99 per month, you can stay connected with all of your loved ones (price applicable if bundled). Calls can be made to the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rice, and more.
  • Spectrum Mobile — To start a Spectrum mobile plan with Charter Spectrum, you can use an online tool to see how much money you can save when comparing your current plan to a plan that Charter Spectrum can offer you. Plans start at $14 per GB per month.
  • Spectrum Business — Charter Spectrum offers a special Spectrum business phone service for small businesses with free unlimited local and long distance calling and 30+ advanced business calling features for $19.99 per month (when bundled). Specific internet plans are also available which feature consistent internet connection, high-speed internet, and fast upload speeds. For more information visit the Charter Spectrum website.

Spectrum TV App

Spectrum’s TV app gives customers full access to their TV lineup as well as up to 40,000 On Demand TV shows and movies on any mobile or connected device (including a smartphone, tablet, Roku, Xbox One, or a Samsung Smart TV). Spectrum users can watch their favorite shows, episodes, and movies anywhere — members can even use the app to program their DVR.

Customers can download the app to their phone and log in using their Spectrum.net email and password (signing in with the Spectrum username won’t work).

However, if a customer is at home and connected to a Spectrum authorized modem, the app will automatically authorize the username and password.

Service Agreement

Along with bundles, cable television providers often use deals as a way to get new customers to sign up for their services. Charter Spectrum offers new customers a no-contact agreement as well as an offer to buy out any current contract for up to $500.

Unfortunately, these deals do not apply to all customers and a 12-month service commitment is standard for all other service packages provided at Charter Spectrum. Which deals or bundles are right for a specific customer can be confusing, but a customer service representative is always available to help on the Charter Spectrum website.

Channels in Spanish

As rates of native Spanish speakers increase in the United States, the need for access to Spanish-speaking channels continues to rise. The Spectrum Mi Plan Latino TV and internet plan provides more than 130 channels with more than 75 of them in Spanish.

The Bad

• Price Increase
  • Charter Spectrum Consumer Complaints

Price Increase

As with most companies in the industry, Charter Spectrum’s prices increase after a year of service. Before signing up for a plan, customers should ask how much they’ll be paying per month after the first 12 months. Initial lower prices is a common tactic in the industry and will only apply for a short amount of time. Customers should also ask about any other charges that might be added to their account — some companies will charge extra for the modem, DVR service, internet speeds, etc.

Charter Spectrum Consumer Complaints

The top three complaints customers have about Charter Spectrum are unreliable service, price increases, and the company's subpar customer service. Many consumers mentioned the unreliable signal and felt that they were paying too much for the quality of service they were getting in recent Spectrum customer reviews. The price increases were another common complaint as customers felt that the prices were continually going up, but channels were being removed.

The majority of customer complaints found in Spectrum reviews are related to Charter Spectrum’s poor customer service. Consumers were not happy with the technicians or customer service representatives. There were mentions of being put on hold and never getting an answer, being hung up on during a call, being charged for things customers weren’t signed up for, waiting hours for a technician to come, and receiving faulty equipment.

The Bottom Line

Customers looking for a simple satellite TV provider that doesn’t require lengthy contracts should look into Charter Spectrum. The company is flexible with its bundling packages and customers can easily build a package with the basic TV essentials. In addition, with the Spectrum App, customers can watch their favorite shows on multiple devices.

However, there are several less than desirable aspects of the company. Charter Spectrum is pricier than other service providers and consumers have often had problems with Charter Spectrum’s spotty, unreliable signals, pricing, and customer service. The company is only available in forty-one states and customers have to live within a specific area to get service.

According to consumers, Charter Spectrum’s customer service is lacking in many aspects and that alone has made customers want to cancel their contracts.

We suggest customers use another — more reputable — satellite TV service provider.

View Best Satellite TV Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Charter Spectrum below.

1.7
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

Jack Hunt

January 31st, 2017 Pullman, WA

This is absolutely the worst company I have ever been a customer to. Unless you enjoy getting half of your product for full price, and not being able to talk to a real human being about the poor product then this is the service for you.

Dennis Wick

January 31st, 2017 San Antonio, TX

I never thought a cable TV / Internet service provider could be more overpriced and underserviced than Time Warner, but I was wrong !! Spectrum's entire product line (I have their internet access, cable TV package, and useless home phone service) make Time Warner look like a paragon of efficiency. All of Spectrum's services perform very poorly; outages are frequent; and their standard internet speeds are even slower than Time Warners. Customer service is DEPLORABLE !! All of the preceding statements reflect my opinions based on my service (or lack thereof from Spectrum). I will be so happy to move to another location where there is actually market-place competition, so I can be done with Spectrum, which, in my opinion, is nothing more than a collection of incompetent pirates !!

half

January 29th, 2017 Hawthorne, CA

Elitist brazen reps are condescending. They use tech slang and are unable to simplify to basic concepts. Rep was belittling and combatant and seemed to target women with this ill treatment. weak apology offered and no consideration or worthy compensation offered for hour wasted and evil cust service rep treatment. Spectrum definitely not about their customers good luck to all

Debra Lada

January 27th, 2017

I was with Charter for about 34 years. I finally said it was time for a change. Every since the new guide came in I had nothing but problems with my internet,phone, and TV. The last time I had problems with my house phone it hadn't worked for about 10 days. One guy told me that the wires were old or bad, but I don't think anyone came to fix them ,because nobody contacted me, and I was still having phone issues. The next man told me that there was nothing wrong with my phone line and it was my phone.I also had the same problems with my box,guide,internet and whatever else there is. My new company didn't have any problem getting my phone to work. Charter had enough money to build a new training center, but not enough money to replace old wires and equipment. The joke was would I called to cancel services and the guy ask me why I was canceling.Ha! Ha! Then when you go to return the equipment ,you cannot hardly find a place to return it to.

Mary T Butler

January 26th, 2017

There is no reward for being a valuable TWC customer. The prices that are advertised are for NEW customers. Well, I would be a NEW Spectrum customer, but NO I am not eligible for the discounts. I have yet to find ANYTHING on the flyer I received that tells me I am not eligible - that isn't poor advertising, it is fraudulent advertising. In fact, if you go online to order, you will be given a confirmation number, but apparently that means nothing. According to their customer service, the only way you find out is when they process the order and see that you currently have TWC. I will keep looking - anything to get out of the TWC/Spectrum service. You should be ashamed of yourselves - you are very tricky and very dishonest.

John Hooper

January 18th, 2017 Saint Peters, MO

I have had Charter for several years. I wish their dvr was better...could record more than two shows at once, but other than that, I have been very satisfied with their service, both the quality of the pictures and the friendliness and helpfulness of their staff on those rare occasions I have had contact with them. I have been very satisfied for many years!

Rudolfo Lugo

January 13th, 2017 FL

This new company spectrum, is for the company, not for the customers. I been with bright house for 8 years not one problem, spectrum refuses to work with you and your bill, they gave a bundle I never asked for, I never new my bill was $161.00 a month, I was paying $100 a month. This company spectrum are a bunch of crooks and don't care what you have to say about your bill. I told them to change my bundle and they said well we can give you a $2:00 discounted on another bundle, lmao these people are a joke and scam artists. I advise everybody's if you can find a better deal with different cable company, GO you will be better off. SPECTRUM is a JOKE.

Shawn Bartholow

January 10th, 2017 Orlando, FL

I called to just get internet the guy said it would be 29.99 plus taxes and that there's no set up fee. So I told the guy I will talk to my wife and call right back. So when I called back to become a New Customer the price almost doubled and there's a set up fee. So I asked to talk to a manager and we'll that was a mistake.He told me that he can't control what the people who work under him says and if I don't like it than its a free country and I should take my business elsewhere. What a good manager and customer service skills. So I guess I'm taking my business someplace else.

Elva Stevens

January 9th, 2017 Calera, AL

They give a special price for 1 year and then every year after the price goes up each year. They will not negotiate with current customers to keep them. They try to get every dollar they can from customers. Their DVR boxes are old and out of date and when asked about better ones ,they have no plans to update. The boxes are always messing up and it could be days before they can get someone to your house to fix them.

Ivanna

January 9th, 2017

I've been with Time Warner for 13 years, and had my problems with them. Then one day I turned on my TV and everything changed. For the worse. Much, much worse. On demand never works. I constantly get the error message notifying me that the movie or the show can't be accessed at this time. If i do get lucky and the damn thing plays, I better not pause it, or I won't be able to resume watching it for about half an hour or longer. I can't even rely on the shows recorded on DVR bc often they won't play. I didn't think that anything could be worse than TWC, but boy was I wrong. Spectrum's service is garbage

Warner

December 23rd, 2016 Louisville, CO

Came to my house to install TV, phone, and internet..walked in, made a hole in the wall. Said I wasn't wired for cable, and left...the hole is still in the wall and the mess in the floor. REALLY???????

PFM

December 19th, 2016

Worst internet service. keep crashing every 5 min. Im trying to get FIOS..

Kerri

December 14th, 2016

OVERPRICED!!!!....MUCH higher than Time Warner Cable!!!!!...WAY LESS channels!...Will be changing SOON!!!

michelle

December 12th, 2016

1. Product/Service: Unreliable -- keeps going out. Boxes do not have controls for volume, channel, etc. -- so one is totally in the dark (except for the overly-bright time indicator -- when the box actually works) 2. Customer Service: Customer service sends technicians that do absolutely nothing and then the tech problem with the boxes re-emerges again -- same problem, no fix = bad technicians. Also, customer service does not explain the details on the bills -- instead, when a supervisor was asked to do so the supervisor simply responded "that's what you ordered" without any explanation. Customer servicers on the lower level (not the supervisor level) are not capable of resolving problems and the same customer service people are used to address billing, services, AND technical problems -- there is no dedicated technical support provided.

Mitch Wingfield Llewellyn

December 10th, 2016 Spring Hill, FL

Horrible customer service. Can we bring back Brighthouse?

Dick

December 9th, 2016

Why hasn't Charter Spectrum given their costumers the PAC12 network? We have been waiting for MONTHS! It's in the channel lineup listed on their site and was supposed to happen the when the merge of time warner and charter happened. Your costumers have already missed the football season, don't make us miss the basketball season too.

Shan

December 7th, 2016

They claim to give the best customer service to customers, but how can their employees do that when tech support calls are limited to 10 mins or less. Employees that were doing excellent work as TWC employees are now being fired for not meeting this unrealistic time. My husband worked for TWC for over 5 1/2 yrs. 2015 getting awards for high proformence. Under TWC/Spectrum's unrealistic standards not only my husband has lost a job he intented to retire from but also a long term employee in his dept that has worked for TWC for over 20 yrs is even struggling to meet these standards and soon to lose her job as well. Spectrum, you claim to be the new, better TWC.. for who? Not for your employees who try to do good customer service, nor for your customers who expect the time it takes to handle their problems. I knew from the beginning of this buyout that no good would come of it for it's employees and I was right.

stephanie

December 3rd, 2016 Brooksville, FL

SPECTRUM is a complete mess!!! I have had the worst experience.. First of all, they got the wrong address, the technician was 30 minutes late and we did not receive a call. When he arrived he told us that they got the apartment next door so he needed to cancel our account since the company made a mistake and he could not install it. We called them with the technician outside our place and they took an hour to update only the address. After 5 hours of waiting (keep in mind it was our moving day, so the truck we paid for was parked for hours without being used). Then the technician let us know that they made another mistake, instead of transfering they were setting it up as a new service and the monthly cost would go up 30 dollars more. I called and asked them to hear their recordings so they decided to grant me what I was offered.. but they disabled my wireless and canceled the only sport channel we been paying for over a year (these services were active before my call) then I call again for the wireless, another hour wasted there for them to enable my wireless connection and then another hour to give us back our sport channel. I thought spectrum would be better than bright house but its actually WORST!

Eldon Cooper

December 3rd, 2016 GA

I signed up for charter in July 2016. I had them install new cable throughout the entire two story house. My first problem was the fact that the five receivers they installed were over 7 year old refurbished units that had limited functionality. By mid August i had to have 6 service calls that resulted in the replacement of all the receivers with slightly newer repaired units. In September and October i had to pull the plug on all of my receivers because of lockups at least 20 times, and lost service for a total 37 hours because of 'software issues'. Their description. Finally, when i called to discuss my firing them, the arrogant and condescension in their voice was the final straw. Goodbye, good riddance.

CAZ

December 2nd, 2016 Winter Garden, FL

Cable service is awful. Picture pixelates and freezes constantly. The cable information menu states "no data available" on a daily basis every morning. I have to reset my box every day. Internet service is terrible as well. I get booted at least 4 times a day. Complete garbage, go with anyone else you can.

Phillip Wood

December 1st, 2016 Port Orange, FL

A far worse experience than when Brighthouse had control of cable services in Florida. Does not honor refund agreements and charges for services which were not ordered or supplied. Technical expertise very poor to connect modem to network - what should have taken 10 minutes took one hour. Originally charged a full install fee for what was only a re-connection. Agreed with sales to waive this fee to retain my business. Company did not honor this agreement. Had to spend a huge amount of time to resolve this matter only to be told that whilst they would now honor the previous agreement they would not offer any compensation for the time spent in resolving the matter - not even a month's free internet! Customer service is appalling and they are not bothered about goodwill - obviously there needs to be open competition in the cable market to shake up what is now a giant monopoly business.

John

November 8th, 2016 Mcdonough, GA

This must be a "you get what you pay for" service. Great price, service is what you would expect in a third world country. Have issues almost daily. Have made at least 25 calls during service disruptions. Customer service is poor. Even as I write this, it is acting up.

Dominette

October 4th, 2016 Clifton, CO

For about 2 months now, all 3 of our boxes randomly reset about 6 times a day, rendering our record and guide functions useless.

Carol Allen

August 4th, 2016 Saint Peters, MO

I am on disability and get paid the 2nd Wednesday of the month at which point I promptly unfailingly pay Charter. Given that 2nd Wednesdays can fall anywhere between the 8th and the 14th Charter shuts me off due to the perceived inconsistency. I know that they have leeway to be humanitarian and grant me grace, yet they opt to be heartless instead. Besides that, the internet goes out every time there is so much as a drop of rain, and the DVR boxes work horribly. Everything we record freezes.

patti

July 17th, 2016 Sturgeon Bay, WI

The on demand service for Charter is very bad, you can't pause or rewind as you can with Fios, and the interface is very clunky. It is also not nearly as easy to record programs as with Fios.

ARLETTE LESSIG

May 21st, 2016 Sparks, NV

AS MUCH AS WE ARE RATHER PLEASED WITH charter, WE ARE VERY DISPLEASED IF NOT STONED OF THE STUPIDITY OF THEIR ADS.! THE MANAGER WHO AGREED WITH THESE ADS SHOULD BE FIRED! IT NOT ONLY STUPID BUT VULGAR AND TOTALLY INNAPPROPRIATED. NONE OF THE ADS EVER BEEN GOOD, BUT THIS ONE IS DEFINITELY THE WORSE!