As a result of Time Warner Cable®, Bright House Networks®, and Charter Communications® merging, Spectrum is available in forty-one states and serves over 25 million customers. Claiming to be one of America’s fastest growing TV, voice company, and internet service providers, Charter Spectrum attempts to provide high-quality service with superior entertainment and communication products.

Charter also claims that Spectrum TV offers more HD channels than any other provider. Customers can get instant access to thousands of On Demand shows and watch live TV anywhere in their home. Spectrum TV also allows customers to download their favorite movies and show onto their mobile devices with the Spectrum TV app.

The Good

• Popular TV Packages
  • Spectrum TV App
  • Additional Charter Spectrum Services
  • Service Agreement
  • Channels in Spanish

Popular TV Packages

Charter Spectrum has potential customers enter in their address to find out the exact services and rates for their location. While its residential services and rates will vary per location, Charter Spectrum does disclose the introductory prices for its packages.

TV Select

• 125+ Channels
  • $44.99 per month (for the first 12 months)

TV Silver

• 175+ Channels
  • $84.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included

Silver Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 175+ Channels
  • $109.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes modem

TV Gold

• 200+ Channels
  • $104.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included

Gold Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 200+ HD Channels
  • $129.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes Modem

With the Silver and Gold package, customers can watch premium channels without having to worry about paying a hefty fee.

Additional Charter Spectrum Services

Not only does Charter Spectrum offer cable TV services, but it also offers internet, home phone, mobile, and business services. As seen in the payment bundles and packages above, you can bundle a number of Charter Spectrum's services to help save on your monthly bill. Brief explanations of the additional services offered by Charter Spectrum can be found below.

• Spectrum Internet — Spectrum Internet plans through Charter Spectrum start at $49.99 per month for the first 12 months of service. Plans feature significant amounts of bandwidth, high-speed internet, no data caps, a free cable modem/router, a free antivirus software, and an in-home WiFi network. When bundled with Spectrum Cable TV, you have both your cable TV and streaming TV needs covered.
  • Home phone — For just $9.99 per month, you can stay connected with all of your loved ones (price applicable if bundled). Calls can be made to the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rice, and more.
  • Spectrum Mobile — To start a Spectrum mobile plan with Charter Spectrum, you can use an online tool to see how much money you can save when comparing your current plan to a plan that Charter Spectrum can offer you. Plans start at $14 per GB per month.
  • Spectrum Business — Charter Spectrum offers a special Spectrum business phone service for small businesses with free unlimited local and long distance calling and 30+ advanced business calling features for $19.99 per month (when bundled). Specific internet plans are also available which feature consistent internet connection, high-speed internet, and fast upload speeds. For more information visit the Charter Spectrum website.

Spectrum TV App

Spectrum’s TV app gives customers full access to their TV lineup as well as up to 40,000 On Demand TV shows and movies on any mobile or connected device (including a smartphone, tablet, Roku, Xbox One, or a Samsung Smart TV). Spectrum users can watch their favorite shows, episodes, and movies anywhere — members can even use the app to program their DVR.

Customers can download the app to their phone and log in using their Spectrum.net email and password (signing in with the Spectrum username won’t work).

However, if a customer is at home and connected to a Spectrum authorized modem, the app will automatically authorize the username and password.

Service Agreement

Along with bundles, cable television providers often use deals as a way to get new customers to sign up for their services. Charter Spectrum offers new customers a no-contact agreement as well as an offer to buy out any current contract for up to $500.

Unfortunately, these deals do not apply to all customers and a 12-month service commitment is standard for all other service packages provided at Charter Spectrum. Which deals or bundles are right for a specific customer can be confusing, but a customer service representative is always available to help on the Charter Spectrum website.

Channels in Spanish

As rates of native Spanish speakers increase in the United States, the need for access to Spanish-speaking channels continues to rise. The Spectrum Mi Plan Latino TV and internet plan provides more than 130 channels with more than 75 of them in Spanish.

The Bad

• Price Increase
  • Charter Spectrum Consumer Complaints

Price Increase

As with most companies in the industry, Charter Spectrum’s prices increase after a year of service. Before signing up for a plan, customers should ask how much they’ll be paying per month after the first 12 months. Initial lower prices is a common tactic in the industry and will only apply for a short amount of time. Customers should also ask about any other charges that might be added to their account — some companies will charge extra for the modem, DVR service, internet speeds, etc.

Charter Spectrum Consumer Complaints

The top three complaints customers have about Charter Spectrum are unreliable service, price increases, and the company's subpar customer service. Many consumers mentioned the unreliable signal and felt that they were paying too much for the quality of service they were getting in recent Spectrum customer reviews. The price increases were another common complaint as customers felt that the prices were continually going up, but channels were being removed.

The majority of customer complaints found in Spectrum reviews are related to Charter Spectrum’s poor customer service. Consumers were not happy with the technicians or customer service representatives. There were mentions of being put on hold and never getting an answer, being hung up on during a call, being charged for things customers weren’t signed up for, waiting hours for a technician to come, and receiving faulty equipment.

The Bottom Line

Customers looking for a simple satellite TV provider that doesn’t require lengthy contracts should look into Charter Spectrum. The company is flexible with its bundling packages and customers can easily build a package with the basic TV essentials. In addition, with the Spectrum App, customers can watch their favorite shows on multiple devices.

However, there are several less than desirable aspects of the company. Charter Spectrum is pricier than other service providers and consumers have often had problems with Charter Spectrum’s spotty, unreliable signals, pricing, and customer service. The company is only available in forty-one states and customers have to live within a specific area to get service.

According to consumers, Charter Spectrum’s customer service is lacking in many aspects and that alone has made customers want to cancel their contracts.

We suggest customers use another — more reputable — satellite TV service provider.

View Best Satellite TV Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Charter Spectrum below.

1.7
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

Tiffany Donelow

April 9th, 2017

Called yesterday to try and fix a cable issue. Apparently a year ago when the service tech came out to set up my cable he did it incorrectly and I've only had basic cable since. Well I live in an apartment complex where cable is bundled into the lease price and a neighbor came over this weekend to tell me I was missing several channels and it wasn't set up correctly. After calling yesterday, the first women was very helped and told me how to fix the issue. She let me know that i just needed to disconnect the smaller box and leave the large cable box connected. After reconnecting all the wires and rebooting the system, all of my channels were missing. I had to call back and was transferred twice before speaking to someone who promptly answered the phone to only disregard my problems. I had to tell him multiple times what the message on my tv said and he told me probably over 20 times to "just hold on one second" while I was actually on hold for several minutes. During this entire conversation the tech barely said 5 actual sentences to me, did not walk me through the process, and failed to even resolve my problem. He then told me that he would have to send a technician out and told me it would probably be an hour before someone would call. Frustrated with the call I gave up. Funny enough, my boyfriend called back and spoke with a completely different individual and the problem was solved in 5 minutes. Quinton was his name and that was exceptional service. What I want to know though is why could they not have done that for me the first time???

Michael Poynter

April 9th, 2017

Spectrum cable service. I can use one word to describe Spectrum, sad. Since the Charter merger with Time Warner it appears both customer service and actually service is not important. They simply want you to continue giving them your money. Seems they do not realize I can easily cut the cord and move on. Before Time Warner was purchased by Charter at least there was some halfway decent customer service. We had speeds of up to 300Mbps for our internet services for new customers and I had the 200Mbps. Well now if you are a new customer or change your package you get up to 100Mbps for the same price. Yes, you get downgraded and you get to pay the same. So if you have the 200 or 300 you better not make a change to your service if you are sort of happy with it. So let's get into my first experience having to speak with Spectrum customer service. First let me say a root canel would have been more pleasant. My wife and I sat down and went to watch the Travel Channel however suddenly it was not part of our subscription. No channel above 23 was now part of our subscription despite us having lived here over a year with the same exact service with no changes made within the past year, or March 30, 2016 to be exact. So I decide to call customer service expecting them to be somewhat friendly at the least but sadly that assumption was my first mistake. The customer service rep was rude and did not care to listen to my concerns. She simplt wanted to repeat the same thing over and over. That we had our extreme internet and just the starter package for cable. I explained that when we signed up we told Time Warner what stations we wanted when we moved in here early March 2016. Then late March, over a year ago, we upgraded to the Extreme Internet and Time Warner told us that we would keep our same channels. So basically I explained that is the service we have and have had for over a year. She would not allow me to speak as she would simply talk over me again and again. She explained we were just on the starter package for cable so we did not anything above channel 22 or 23. I start explaining how Time Warner told us we would receive this channels. That they said it was a special that had at the time since they were wanting more people to subscribe to the better internet. That we specifically remember asking if our channel line up would change because we specifially said we did not want it to. I told her Time Warner had explained that our channels would all stay the same. During me explaining my problem she would constantly talk and ignore what I was saying. I asked her not to speak over me but it continued. I then proceeded to explain how talking over the customer was rude and she needed to stop so I could talk. So what happened? I start talking again and explaining my problem but she starts talking over me again. I don't know about you but I feel this is very disrespectful plus how can you listen to the customer's issue without actually listening to it. Up to this point I was keeping it nice. Having been a supervisor at a call center in the past I knew this was not standard behavior from an agent so I once again asked her to stop talking while I was. Did it stop? Of course not. At point I was now a very upset customer that was far from happy with the way I was being treated. I told her to transfer me to a supervisor. She went right back into robot repeat mode so this time I had to get rude with her and simple told her I didn't want to hear another word from her to transfer me to a supervisor. I actually had to say this twice since she was talking over me again. The next time she tried to speak I just told her I didn't want to talk to her anymore, simply get me to a supervisor. So now I am thinking I will be treated better but that was my second mistake. The supposed supervisor was just as bad seemly sticking to a script and telling me there was nothing they could do. He also enjoyed speaking over me and when he would say my issue back to me it was obvious he had not been listening because he didn't correctly repeat my issue to me. Finally I told him I was just going to speak to someone at my local office. I get to the Spectrum sales and service center and spoke with Adam who actually did listen to my issue and researched it through the computer. Apparently a lot of customers were placed on the Start Pack with Time Warner and given the extra standard channels and simply allowed them to have them on the Start Pack. Charter, the new owners, however were not allowing this to happen and had performed audits and were cutting off channels to any customers in this situation even though those customers had been told it was part fo their service. I was told Charter was strict about things. Adam did however speak to someone else there and Adam told me that if they did said we were supposed to have these channels then they can pull the call and get most of them back. I told him that we would need all of the ones we previously had back since if it was said on the call that will be a legally binding contract. That was the service we bought and paid for so that is the service we receive. So he made notes for someone to pull the call and review it. He told me to call the call center and talk to a supervisor since they would listen to the call from over a year ago. Adam was friendly and helpful. He has been with them since before they were even Time Warner. He looked beaten down. I simply said "I bet you have seen a lot of changes over the years". He agreed and anything negative I said about the recent changes he didn't respond to and actually looked saddened. I was very nice to him. I feel bad for Adam. So I step out to call the call center and this is the point where things go completely south again. The first agent sounded half asleep and just kept repeating about how I was missing channels, blah blah, and repeating about how they were not included with that packaged. So for a second time, on this call, I asked for a supervisor and explained they were pulling a call and that I was told to specially ask for a supervisor. So finally I get the supervisor. So at this point I am thinking, great they can listen to the call and we can get this whole mess put behind us. Right? Wrong! The supervisor wanted to keep explaining about how I wasn't supposed to be getting A&E, History, or Travel Channel with my Starter Package. I asked him to read Adam's notes and after that he was very friend and said he would get me to someone that could help me. That he doesn't pull the calls or listen to them. So at this point I realized that this guy is not a supervisor and that I have been lied to again. He informs me that he will transfer me to customer solutions. So I am placed on hold and disconnected. At this point I am far from happy but I am not yelling and I am treating them ok since I know they are most likely simply doing things the way they are told to. So I call back. This next customer service again was just as bad at the first and proceeded to try and up-sell me to get my channels back. What? Why the heck would I pay more for something I was promised as a different lower price. No, I explain how I was disconnected and need to get to a supervisor. Then more stalling before finally being transferred. This 'supervisor' wasn't able to see Adam's notes in the system, that I had watched him type in and that the previous supposed supervisor finally saw before transferring me and cutting me off. So we start to go round and round and I simply asked for customer solutions and get cut off conveniently again. This next time I call the rep that I spoke with instantly transferred me to customer solutions once I explained they were helping me and we were disconnected. So at this time I am speaking to a lady in customer solutions and once again I let hope spring back in that I was about to get this resolved....and no, no. I am then told that they will have to pull the call, keep in mind this is Saturday, but that they will not listen to it and call me back until Tuesday. Really? After all I have just experience I am being put off again? So here I sit Sunday and most of my channels still gone through Spectrum. Thankfully I found a better cord cutting solution. I am done with Spectrum and their TV service. I signed up for SlingTV last night so I get the channels that are important to me and the picture quality superior to that I was getting through Spectrum. I am going to back up a bit to when I was speaking with Adam. I explained how my internet service, 200Mbps, has only been getting speeds of about 100 if I am lucky and at times far, far less. That this has only strangely started happening after the Charter takeover. Monday morning a technician will be coming out to see what is wrong with my internet. Having worked in the I.T field myself I am fulling expecting them to pass the buck and blame either the router or modem even though I have tested those and neither are the problem and nothing has changed setup wise with my network. Sadly poor internet speeds are not uncommon throughout this nation of ours. If you look at other countries Japan, Romania, ect all have higher speeds on average than the United States. What makes me feel even worse is that here in Lexington KY before Time Warner bought out Insight Communications we had great cable and reliable internet. Insight had outstanding customer service, the best I have ever experience, but all of that went downhill somewhat with Time Warner and now Charter/Spectrum has completely flushed customer service and reliability down the toilet. The customer is no longer important, screw the customer. They simply want your money. I am now a cord cutter as I am going to return my cable box this week no matter the results of the pulled call. Now I will explore other options for internet also seeing how Spectrum do not deserve my business with that either since I do not deserve to be treated as I have been. Spectrum, just because you are a monopoly for your cable services doesn't mean the customer has to put up with it. There are other services like Netflix, Hulu, the actual network websites, and SlingTV. I cannot wait for the downfall of the cable industry. Still trying to bundle TV, Internet and phone. Really, phone. HA! You are a service that is desperate to stay relevant. You are a service that is starting to suffer and will eventually go extinct.

Brett

April 8th, 2017 Vassalboro, ME

the customer service is horrendous as is with most cable companies. Service speeds don't match up to what you are billed.

Jerry

April 8th, 2017

Ordered service was told delivery would arrive in two days. It did not. Called they said someone forgot to ad a delivery date. Promised it would arrive in the next to days! It did not. I was told to go to a local store. I did except they didn't tell me that I would have at least an hour wait time. I left and I will give them one more chance to deliver. Then I will stay with Dish!

Ashieka Nealey

April 7th, 2017

Had my first bad experience with Spectrum and it was terrible!! They increased my bill because according to them if the services is disconnected you loose the promotion you were in and placed in whatever promotion that they are currently offering. That's fine but please advise the customer this instead of allowing them to think they are still getting the original promotion rate. Ask if the new rate is fine with them. My bill went from $114 per month to $195. I never had this issue when it was just BrightHouse. But after dealing with that so called customer service department, I know longer want your service!! The supervisors were awful.

Jim Hays

April 6th, 2017 Columbus, OH

I have been trying for a month to have a cable removed from my home that was installed by a previous owner. I have called the Spectrum Customer Service team on 9 or more occasions, all to no avail. After I had initially called and had an appointment set up, I waited for the day of the appointment. No one showed. I called to find out why, and they told me the appointment had been moved to the next day. When they didn't show up that day either, I called again, and they said it had been rescheduled again. Every time I call I am told "Your appointment has been rescheduled for today!" but no one ever shows up. I have wasted hours and hours of time on the phone. I have had Customer Service tell me that the installers will call if the appointment is rescheduled (they did not), that Customer Service will call if the appointment is rescheduled (they did not), and I even spoke with a supervisor who personally assured me that she would call me back if the appointment was rescheduled (she did not). The Customer Service team knows that nothing can be traced back to them personally, so they will say whatever they need to to get you off the phone, even if it means lying to you. I have been told that Spectrum can't enter work orders for non-customers (they can). I have been told that Spectrum doesn't remove old cable lines (they do). The experience has been extremely frustrating, and is still not resolved.

Susan

April 6th, 2017 Jacksonville, NC

So far not impressed in the least with Spectrum. I called in December to find out about pricing and was told to call back in February because they were switching from Time Warner Cable and I should be very impressed with the new pricing. Called back in Feb. Was told to call back in March. Called back in March several times and got different answers from all the reps. What it comes down to is there is no savings and there is no basic cable price. Their idea of basic cable is $64.99. When I reluctantly decided on a package which by the way saved me nothing from switching from TW I was told I needed boxes for my spare bedrooms in order to receive TV and everything would be mailed and deal done in 5 days. Well it's going on a week and nothing. We currently have Amazon Fire which is great and if I can ever figure out a way to get local channels without the cable company I am leaving this mess for good.

R. Chedal

April 5th, 2017

Moving from Time Warner to Spectrum sucks. Pricing goes up and packages cannot be compared

Donna

April 4th, 2017 Appleton, WI

After reading all the bad reviews, I thought I was going to not have a very good experience. Representative was courteous, and solved the problem. tv with the box took 10 seconds to change channels. Also movie channels not available.

Harry L Kade

April 2nd, 2017 Belleview, FL

This has to be the WORST company ever!! I will be writing the BBB also after this review! IT was great when it was Brighthouse so I dont know why it would be so difficult to take over a great company and keep it great! This service is out all the time and you cannot contact them. They charge you for movies that you RENTED but did not get to watch and say that they cannot refund because you did not call it in but you cannot call because there lines are down.. What a scam of a company!!

Kurt

April 2nd, 2017

Every time the wind blows I lost my internet, I was at the end of a run down an alley. Over two year's I was constantly loosing my internet. The line in the alley needed replaced but since I was one of the few paying customer's left it wasn't worth replacing the line in the alley! I now have an att wi-fi gateway and up to 75 mbps speed rate that blows spectrum away and for $40 a month including equipment. Spectrum you are fired and to that I say GOOD RIDDANCE to a horrid company!

eric h

April 2nd, 2017 Daytona Beach, FL

Since Spectrum took over Brighthouse a few months ago, my rate increased $16/mo, wait times for customer service agents is well over 10 minutes, internet speeds are slower and cable tv is very unreliable. Very unhappy. Going elsewhere.

April Welch

April 2nd, 2017 Batavia, NY

Bill spiked up as soon the merged with twc and now again when the merged is complete. Totally hate the money being wasted. Got lease internet modern fee, tv hd converse fee, main tv fee, voicemail fee (I don't even use the phone) and many more. Going look else where. Don't waste your money.

stacey

April 1st, 2017 Saratoga Springs, NY

It has only been a few short weeks since the public announcement of the transition to spectrum. It is hard to imagine customer service worse than time warner, but there is. We recently called to ask a question about our TW service and was told that we could save money for the exact same service we had if we switched to spectrum. When asked "what's the catch?" and was told nothing, even after confirming, once again, no change to services. Low and behold, the very next day my channels were different. When I called to inquire, I was told that the customer service representative should not have told me the information that it did, that they could not switch me back because the codes did not exist anymore, and that there was nothing they could do. It is hard to believe that in 2017, companies would be engaging in bait and switch tactics. I was told in order to receive my original services I would have to pay $40 more. So basically I was lied to switch services only to be trapped into paying more to get what I once had. These are unethical business practices and cannot believe the cable provider market could get worse than TW, but it has.

Samantha Burton

April 1st, 2017

After being a customer of Time Warner for over a year, I contacted Spectrum who transferred my account to their service and turned on service for our router at my new apartment a month ago. Today, I came home and the internet was out. It took nearly an hour talking yo customer service to even find out they couldn't find my account. I had to provide the serial number for the router before they could locate it and then they told me it was deactivated and I had to call back during business hours. Rude, clueless customer service, and absolutely no warning about this cancelation of service, and all bills have been paid on time, in full.

Henry Wilson

March 31st, 2017

Spectrum ( formerly TWC) is no bargain. I've had TWC for 25+ years and any changes you make to your grandfathered TWC account will migrate you over to a Spectrum account, subject to their pricing and package breakouts. For example, Standard and starter TV with grandfathered TWC includes all the channels we watch regularly. Spectrum has taken some channels out of the basic TV package(like Comedy Central, Turner Classic Movies, ESPN) and placed them in higher priced tier TV packages. Disappointing and unfair trade practice. Who cares if they tout their services as being "the best in the industry" when they are so much more costly than TWC? And being the best in the industry should mean there are no more picture distortions, sound issues, stations frozen or out- but I experienced all of these (just like w/ TWC) over the past few days. Pay more, get less. Not impressed and I suspect Spectrum will become so high priced in the next year or so that I'll be forced to cancel my TV service. I kind need the internet, but I also suspect that cost will continue to rise as well. Once I cancel the TV I'll no longer have a grandfathered TWC plan, so I'll be forced to pay Spectrum's current fee for internet. Can you say MONOPOLY? Also, disappointing that Spectrum is not open to retaining current customers with price breaks if you call and ask for a discount, being a great long time customer and all. Gone are the days where you could negotiate a new deal. So far, I've seen nothing to write home about, just have a big fat hand digging around in my pockets looking for money.

Jamie Rademacher

March 31st, 2017 Satellite Beach, FL

Worst customer service ever they are rude and nasty found out they were charging me for a phone I don't have when I called and explained they told me They could take the phone off but my bill will go up asked them to refund my 60 dollars since I never asked for a phone and they told me all I could get back is 10 avoid this company it is awful and run by thieves looking for other options if possible

Jess Sue

March 30th, 2017

They love to buy out an area and offer new customers cheaper rates and free modem leases. So if you already have service when they arrive you are stuck with the old rate and pay more fees.

Kathie Ash

March 30th, 2017 Palm Bay, FL

They will tell you virtually any price to sign you up,,,then send you a bill that is 3 times as much,,tell you all kinds of reasons WHY that make absolutely no sense, string you along..waste your time,,they literally do NOT care. Everyone I know is complaining about them Horrible..I miss BriteHouse!!

RosieH

March 29th, 2017

All they did was raise their price and took away channels. Spectrum is not worth the money. Very disappointed since they changed from Time Warner to Spectrum. Looking at other options now.

bill humason

March 27th, 2017

terrible customer service... 4 days no tech has shown up to fix internet.They just dont show up!

Andrew McEwen

March 25th, 2017

Junk! They are rude and scum bags! Watch your bill at all costs! They don't care about you one bit. Never had issues with time warner! Spectrum is crap

Kevin Grames

March 24th, 2017 Swanton, OH

We have been with Time Warner for 15 years. Now they are Spectrum and we were looking forward to the change. Not so much now. They simply have the worst customer service I have seen. Hours on the phone talking to people who did not care to help fix our phone that had been out since the change over. They kept telling us that it was our personal modem that was the problem and that it was not compatible with their speed....hmmm a 300 MBPS modem ok sure. After hours of people who did not understand this I finally get one person who was the only good one. He immediately knew that the problem was with a second modem (an old TWC modem that ran our phone) that was hooked up to our system that was no longer compatible. I tried explaining this for hours to them and they only cared about selling me new services and another modem that they wanted to charge me for.....Today they turn off my modem and when I call they say oh we are sorry the system did that. Another hour of frustration and finally they fix it. I can only hope that another company with better service comes along someday, but I will not hold my breath.

Erika Johns

March 24th, 2017 Sanford, FL

Where do I start... Spectrum has the WORST customer service I have ever experienced. We called to get a better deal for our internet, tv, and phone service we've had since Spectrum took over Brighthouse, because they were offering better deals for newer customers. Well needless to say it did not go as planned.. FIRST we found out that even though we were still paying for 100 megabits, they only offered 60 or 300, so we were most likely downgraded to 60 but still paying for 100 megabits. SECOND, the representative told us that he would upgrade us to 300 megabits and that we could keep all of our existing services (sports channels, phone service, etc.) for $150 (which was close to the rate for new customers). We agreed and they came to our house and switched our modem. BUT we then we noticed that our channels were unsubscribed and our phone service was cancelled. We called customer service again and the rep stated that to get all of the services we previously had (that were not supposed to be removed in the first place) our rate would be $230 now. What's WORSE, they said that they would not be able to return us to our original rate and services from before we agreed to this deal, so we are essentially now stuck with paying $230 for the same services (we were paying $190 originally). We would have never accepted to change what we were currently paying if we were not told that our rates were being lowered; but when we requested to go back to our original rate we were told it would not be possible! We were transferred to so many people I lost count, were told that we would receive a call from a supervisor and never did, were apologized to for basically being LIED to but not offered any answers or any real help. We were told Spectrum would lower our rate to $150 for the same services we had, but ended up with the only option being to keep our same services now for $230 or nothing. They take no accountability, no one seems to know what they are doing, say one thing but do another. This company is all bait & switch. We are looking for a new service provider. THIS WAS THE MOST FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE. I would advise anyone who doesn't want to be trapped in an endless cycle or being transferred from representative to representative with no answers and no real help, anyone who doesn't want to be lied to, to stay away and look elsewhere for your service.

Art Puchowicz

March 24th, 2017

10 days ago we had a minor snow. The city plow took down the cable line. Last time this happened last summer I told the tech it was to low. Well here we sit with the same problem again. No internet , no TV and was told by Spectrum it will be a few weeks. I bitched up a storm, so they sent out a tech and he tied us into my neighbors service.Talk about slow and very few shows. But the happy part is they raised my bill 20.00.

Chris Powers

March 23rd, 2017

They do not uphold to an agreement made within 24 hours they do not work with their customers on anything he liked to down talk all their customers and treat them like they're idiots and go back on any kind of agreement that you make with them and tell you that you are wrong I've had spotty service for six months that they refused to do anything about and when they finally fix it they shut me off I do not recommend them to anybody

M.R. Betts

March 23rd, 2017 Whitehall, MI

We had Charter services INSTALLED IN THE FIRST WEEK OF FEBRUARY 2017 and, before the month was over, had called customer service two times about the TV service turning itself off and taking 7-10 minutes to reboot: except in one case when it did not reboot at all. This happened, probably 1-2 times a week, at random times of the day/night. Our household watches very little TV so, the frequency of this was unacceptable. They provide no satisfying reasoning or explanation. It is now the THIRD WEEK OF MARCH AND WE HAVE CANCELLED TV SERVICES. The internet is fast and satisfying, in that regard, when it, too, doesn't have to be rebooted. 2-3 times (at least) each week a computer, mobile device or smart TV will read "No Internet Connection" and the router will require a reboot. Very irritating. These services are inefficient and I do not recommend them. West Michigan Area

Kelley Anne Pazdell

March 22nd, 2017 Twin Lakes, WI

It horrible ! No room to recording always have to delete something and there's barely anything on it because my shows don't even record . The guy who sold us on the deal lied about almost everything . So please save your time and energy and don't switch or go to them. The prices are good because it's so shitty . I hate it !

Scott

March 22nd, 2017

was with Time Warner Cable and had minor issues with outage from time to time. Since Specturm, Dear God - don't waste your time or money signing up for this mess. Not only will you pay a premium but after working all day, get ready to constantly deal with connectivity issues. Don't mind taking your money but definitely don't put their money with their money is!

L Oleyar

March 20th, 2017 MI

burying the cable not done. 3 phone calls and nearly 3 weeks since installation and the cable is not buried,

Larry Lilly

March 20th, 2017 Chatsworth, GA

We had a problem and called customer service at Charter Spectrum. They sent out a tech who fixed the problem. Before the tech fixed the problem, we were able to get Amazon Prime and Netflix. A few days after the problem was fixed we tried to access Amazon Prime and Netflix. No go. I waited a few hours in case something was down someplace and tried again. Nope. I turned every thing off and back on, No Amazon or Netflix. No problem I foolishly though, I'll call Spectrum, they'll send the tech back out and fix the problem. The first time I called they said the problem wasn't at their end and gave me the telephone number Panasonic. I called Panasonic and they wanted $10 to talk to me. I waited a couple of days tried everything again (unplug, turn off and on) but still not able to access Amazon or Netflix. I again called Spectrum, this time I got handed to off seven (7) different people. The last was a tech that said they could send out another tech but it would cost me $45. I'm just not feeling the love. I didn't have the problem prior to them coming out and did after, I don't understand why I should pay for their mistake. I really did not expect this from them. Now I'm looking for another provider.

wendyhazen

March 19th, 2017 New York, NY

Spectrum has been calling me for three months. They tell me they took over Time Warner. Do not be fooled they just changed their name because they lost so much of their business. So they sent me their promotion. The provider came to my house, and of course, the office did not port my phone. So I told him I would call back. I then called the office, and they told me I owed them 70.00 Of really. Well I haven't had Time Warner for 10 years. They are the worst.

Richard Casalino

March 17th, 2017 Forest Hills, NY

Spectrum's, internet access, TV reception, service, pricing, and what they consider corporate best practices are as disingenuous as their relentless melancholy commercials where they are trying to brainwash us by attempting to elicit an emotional response like they are saving the world as if Spectrum found the cure cancer. This is not marketing - it is PROPAGANDA. In fact, they are defrauding the public with internet service that lacks adequate responsiveness (big latency) as advertised or as Time Warner provided. Speed tested on speedtest.net is not the only measure of performance. They are defrauding the public with TV reception that is pixilated on many channels with sound drops out continuously on a regular basis on most channels. (No it is not a problem with my system the whole neighborhood is complaining) Calling customer service will create a repair ticket where they will drive the customer nuts with useless time wasting service calls to come to your home to try all kinds of things to show you they are doing something by changing the F-connectors and testing signal strength and noise to then tell you that is the way it works, it has to do with storms and the satellite. Ok perhaps when there is a storm. There are no storms 24/7. They are defrauding the public with pricing. I got my first bill from Spectrum, price for my services skyrocketed. I agreed to their promises to lower the bill with near no change to my service and promised me I would have the same channels. I told them not to change the package if I would lose certain channels like Science and American History Channel. Yeah they lowered the bill a bit with me giving up certain things but slowly but surly the channels they promised slowly started to disappear. Now I would have to buy a new package to get them back and make my bill much higher than the Time Warner bill with much few services. With the new package they provided me they took away access to all of the internet public WiFi hotspots from Time Warner. Their customer service people were not even aware you lose all the TWC hotspots when you accept the new Spectrum package. It took great effort to figure out the hotspot spectrum provides but they are not as ubiquitous as the TWC hotspot and they do not provide encrypted hotspots for security. If there was an easy way to switch from Spectrum I would but I cannot. It would be worth it to simply stop their repugnant commercials they force on us on all the channels. The slogan they promote says it all: “Spectrum redefining what a cable company can be” You would think that implies that would be in the benefit for the customer while the fact is totally contrary to what they imply. It's all a fraud, from the pricing, to the promises to the quality of the service, to their commercials. The commercial they bombarded us with from day one personify their philosophy of propaganda.

Gazelle

March 15th, 2017 Long Island City, NY

So I had Time Warners and they were bought by Spectrum. The service is horrible I have to reset the modem 5 times a day. The prices went up a lot and their customer service is terrible. They don't help you at all and I've been told that I can switch to verizon!!! by their agent..

kevin roettiger

March 15th, 2017 Genoa City, WI

Random channels are not available (one moment please) this channel will be available shortly. This has been going on for months. But will correct itself before the tech arrives. 99.9% reliability NOT.

Rick davis

March 11th, 2017 Dallas, TX

Spectrum kept raising my bill about $ 20 every 6 months or so. I had service with time warner for 15 years or so. All I wanted was my bill to stay around $160 month. 4 phone technicians promised they got my bill back down, not. They couldn't give me encore western channel. I Left got $350 credit paying $125 month. I now Love direct tv. With a 2 year contract Funny thing I did all I could to stay but spectrum better wake up.

J. Gegus

March 8th, 2017 Spring Hill, FL

It is amazing to me that spectrum is so expensive, and raise their prices every year, without any discount but they can spend millions and millions on commercials. There are so many commercials, I'm sick of seeing them. Maybe if they cut down on all the advertising they just might be able to give their customers a discount.

P. Williamson

March 6th, 2017 Bozeman, MT

Charter Spectrum charge exorbitant rates for mere internet service and keep raising them every year for continuing customers, who get screwed more the longer they stay with Charter Spectrum. There is no justification for raising the rates that way; Charter Spectrum takes advantage of the fact that they have a monopoly or near-monopoly on cable modem service in many areas and behaves like a monopolistic robber baron. Their service has also been spotty, with outages lasting for hours at times.

David Michaels

March 4th, 2017 Tampa, FL

We are paying for high speed internet and cable. TV shows keep freezing and internet is very slow down to 10bp when it should be 50bp. Service Techs ( 4 times 4 differnt ones ) agree there is problems but each one states that they would have to resend out someone else . This has been going on for 4 months. Spectrum keeps bill us for high speed internet and cable but is not providing. I miss my Brighthouse who were always caring and helpful. Spectrums customer care does not care, keeps passing the buck and just wants to keep over charging for services not even rendered.

S. ALlen

March 2nd, 2017 Murray, KY

I ordered Charter Spectrum Business Service and after a month of waiting called to see why it wasn't installed? We were told that a Rep went to our location and that we weren't serviceable in our location? Which is fine, they just NEVER NOTIFIED US? Caveat Emptor. Not very professional to not call your customers back on critical NO GO decisions. Shows ZERO CONCERN for a customer or potential customer. Probably a blessing in disguise with that type of mindset.

Tony Bennett

February 24th, 2017

Been having problems with service since spectrum took over. Scheduled appointment times are changed without notice and then they tell you they will have to reschedule in two days. This happened more than once In a two month period. When service person shows up if they show up they will be taking their equipment with them. I am done with these idiots. Just pay for wifi hot spot on cell phone.

Doug Stayton

February 23rd, 2017 Portsmouth, OH

They raised my bill, didn't provide the service I am paying for. Refused to assist to correct the problem. Did not return my call when a manager promised it would happen. Did not take responsibility for the company failure.

Ben

February 22nd, 2017 El Paso, TX

It is sad to say, but the rumors are true. Customer service is no longer what it used to be prior to this takeover by Spectrum. Spectrum was formally known as Time Warner Cable. I have been a Time Warner Customer for approximately 21 years, maybe a little more. During that time, I had cable outages every once in a while, which was rare and can't even remember a time when our internet connection failed and had to call and complain. The customers service was average, but they were not terrible to the point where I wanted to disconnect the service. I'd say Time Warner took care of my needs for over 21 years. In mid January 2017, I noticed my bill increased to about $30 more per month. I just thought, "ok, what the heck, I'll give them a call and see what other promotions they have to offer". I called Spectrum on 2-8-17 and the first young lady I spoke with had this attitude as if she was having a bad day or she hated her job, one of the two. I told her my bill had increased and asked her what other promotions were available. Basically, she ignored the issue and started talking about how special rates were for available for new customers ONLY, however, as I insisted for her to look deeper to help me out, she immediately became upset and said she did not want to deal with me any longer and said that this was the new Spectrum and to deal with it. To make a long story short, between 2-08-17 and 2-21-17, I called several times hoping I would get someone that was not rude and disrespectful, but I started to see a pattern. I felt these employees are not the same folks I talked to in the past when the company was still under the Time Warner name. I sort of had this gut feeling that Spectrum retrained their employees to be rude to customers. This is why is say this; the minute you get a little upset, they are very quick to tell you, "I don't have to be putting up with your attitude or I am going to hang up on you". In fact, one employee I spoke with on Monday, February 20, actually used a curse word toward me right before transferring me to someone else and left me talking by myself while trying to explain my situation. I'm sorry, this was the last straw. I called back several times, this time I had put my foot down and raised my voice to these incompetent people. Each time I called and told them I was cursed at, they either hung up on me or they transferred me to someone else to avoid me altogether. Every single employee I spoke with challenged me, almost to the point where they were tried to belittle and bully me. I am sorry but I will NOT tolerate this kind of behavior. It is obvious that this company has a new motto; "Lets bully all our loyal customers, so we can lose as many cliental as possible". I finally spoke with a supervisor by the name of Anita on February 21, 2017. It was no surprise that she was just as rude as several of the employees I dealt with so far. She raised her voice, so I raised mine. She wanted to see how nasty she can get because this is the new way of handling customer complaints. It our way or the highway according to this lady. It is the Spectrum way. Seriously, this company need to shut down and go out of business immediately. I have lost all respect for Spectrum and their employees who are, in my opinion, the worst form of human trash to exist. After 21 years, I will finally be closing my account and going to AT&T U-verse. By the way, I contacted U-verse on 2-21-17, the lady I spoke with said they have already had several hundred former Spectrum cable tv customers that have made the switch to AT&T. She even apologized for their behavior, but was not surprised as she is pretty aware of the complaints with Spectrum. Sad to say that the damage has already been done. Please avoid this company at all costs.

Julie Barker

February 21st, 2017 Akron, OH

Service is down a lot...No customer service help, will not issue credit when cable, phone and internet outages. They want their money now, no arrangements or extensions allowed! cWorst company ever...

Erika Unger

February 20th, 2017

I have been a customer for over 4 years. When TWC switched to spectrum I was hoping it would get Better but service only got worse. They won't do 1 week payment arrangements for loyal customers, spectrum policy changes have been crazy ridiculous and prices have gone up. How can they not do payment arrangements. Every business does payment arrangements so they don't lose customers. Spectrum doesn't care about customers!!!!

Melodye Rutherford Bailey Whitaker

February 19th, 2017 Bristol, TN

Tiling, channels going off the air on one TV but not the others....the list goes on but the worst? If you want to buy a movie to watch on demand you can only view on the TV you ordered from. So you have 48 to watch but the kids can't watch it in their room too - unless you buy it twice.

Wheeler Woolsey

February 11th, 2017

Never liked Time Warner's prices, but at least their system worked. But ever since Spectrum took over in New York, the service has become terrible. At certain times of day, it can take up to a minute for the channel to change; same thing with pausing and fast-forwarding. Last night we waited 10 minutes for video-on-demand to load before giving up. I'm at the edge of cutting cable entirely thanks to these idiots.

Randy McKenzie

February 9th, 2017

Absolutely the worst company I ever dealt with! Not just the worst cable company, the worst company!! Lie, after lie, after lie. Pile on top of that, incompetence, misleading sales, and NO flexibility even when they admitted they were at fault, makes me wonder how they ever got this far. Each acct I've called about has resulted in over half a dozen phone calls to tech support and/or customer service, and at least one totally clueless tech at my home. After a week of this, I'm now paying more than promised, for inferior service! Disgusting!

Michelle Wilby Friesenhahn

February 6th, 2017

SPECTRUM. WORST. CABLE. EVER. I have been on the phone for the last 2 hours with TimeWarner...now Spectrum (including one disconnection). Three weeks ago I was convinced to add premium channels, like HBO...the price was right, so I added premium channels. As part of their pitch, I was told I would be able to catch up with this season's lineup by watching previous season's episodes. I started with Game of Thrones.... After binging on the first few episodes, subsequent episodes became unavailable to view. I called Spectrum, and spoke to a "supervisor." He said that he would call back when the issue was resolved. He never did. I started watching back episodes of HBO's "Girls".... After viewing all the episodes in Season 1, I watched 8 of 10 episodes in season 2. When I tried to watch Season 2 episode 9, it was not available to view. As a matter of fact, only half of the episodes from all seasons are available to on ON DEMAND today as opposed to yesterday. I was told this was an HBO licensing arrangement....nothing can be done. So what these folks are doing is BAIT & SWTICH: "Sign up for premium channels. You can catch up on your favorite show by watching previous episodes on ON DEMAND." ---But be warned....episode availability is fickle and arbitrary...and you won't know one day to the the next which episodes are available. Spectrum is now claiming they are a mere "carrier" and has no control over what is offered by HBO on a day to day basis. BTW... Does anyone know how to reach the USA when calling their customer service? And their website is chaotic. I was told that the next step is to file a complaint with BBB...that there is no other person/department in the USA who will accept a filed complaint within the Spectrum Organization.

Tammy Lowery

February 2nd, 2017

I picked up my equipment and was not able to install the internet because the wires were cut coming into the house. Then I get a bill in the mail and I don't even have internet yet. Then I left work early today to meet the technician here and have appointment time on mytext messaging. They are scheduled to be here between 6 and 7. No one calls or shows up at 7:30 so I called them and they said my work order is complete. That's kind of hard when no one has showed up and my internet is still not working. They have a hard time getting here to install my internet but no problem at all charging me when I don't even have service. I will be dropping their equipment off tomorrow