AT&T U-verse Logo

AT&T U-verse

7.2

LAST UPDATED: November 15th, 2021

AT&T U-verse has been a stalwart in the industry over the past many decades. Known throughout the world even today as a giant in the communications space, their innovative existence provides a secure support system to the U-Verse platform. For example, AT&T U-Verse was the first company in the United States to enable customers with the ability to watch TV throughout their home in places without a TV outlet. This was made possible by utilizing integrated wireless receivers.

The Good

• U-verse TV Packages
  • The U-verse App
  • Interactive TV Apps
  • Contract Length
  • Combine and Save
  • International Channels

U-verse TV Packages

AT&T U-verse’s five different TV packages should please anyone from the casual TV watcher to the dedicated movie fan. The basic package has over 25 channels and the most extensive U-verse TV package has over 565 channels. Here’s a quick rundown of what customers can get with each package:

U-Basic TV

• Includes: Bravo, CN, ESPN

U-300 TV

• $60 per month* + taxes
  • 495+ channels
  • Includes: HD and Premium channels (Showtime, STARZ®, and The Movie Channel™)

U-450 TV

• $110 per month* + taxes
  • 565+ channels
  • Includes: HD and Premium channels (HBO, Cinemax, and Showtime)

*Customers must sign up for a 12-month agreement. AutoPay & Paperless bill is required.

The U-verse App

The U-verse app lets customers control their DVR from anywhere. Customers can set their favorites, stream live TV, check the guide to schedule recordings, or turn their phone into a U-verse remote control.

The app is free and available from the App Store, Google Play, or the Amazon app store. Members of the U-verse can download the app onto their iOS/Android smartphones, tablets, wearables, as well as Amazon Fire TV devices.

Interactive TV Apps

The U-verse has several interactive TV apps to help make a customers entertainment experience more comfortable. Here are a few of the interactive apps available.

• Multiview and My Multiview: Allows customers to track up to four shows at a time on one screen
  • Phone Services: Customers can see their caller ID and message-ready notifications on their TV
  • Stingray Karaoke: Get access to popular songs and create a playlist
  • The Weather Channel: Customers have access to local and national forecasts from experts. The app allows members to track warnings and severe weather alerts.

Contract Length

AT&T U-verse offers a 12-month contract, which is shorter than many competitors' 24-month contracts. In fact, even though AT&T owns both DIRECTV and AT&T U-verse, DIRECTV still has two-year contracts while U-verse has one-year contracts. This could be a benefit for customers who aren't sure how long they want to commit to a TV provider.

Combine and Save

For customers that need an internet and TV service provider, it might be wise to bundle.

The U-Family TV + AT&T Internet bundle is just $75 per month, includes over 190 channels, users will get up to 100 Mbps internet speeds with unlimited data, and users can stream and surf the web with 99 percent reliability. Plus the professional installation fee is waived ($99 value).

International Channels

AT&T U-verse offers several international add-ons, more than your average TV company. You can watch shows in Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Russian, and more. This is an exciting opportunity for speakers of other languages, and it might make you more likely to choose AT&T as your provider.

The Bad

• Possible Fees
  • Limited Service Ability
  • Competes with DIRECTV

Possible Fees

As with every other TV service provider, there will be some additional fees and costs. AT&T U-verse is not exempt and customers can expect the following monthly fees to appear on their bill.

• Broadcast TV Surcharge: $6.99–$7.99
  • Equipment Fee (DVR Receiver): $15
  • Equipment Fee (Additional Receiver): $10
  • HD Access Fee: $10
  • Vacation Hold: $7
  • Activation Fee: $35
  • Early Termination Fee: Up to $180 (pro-rated by the number of months completed)
  • Installation Fee: Up to $199 for U-verse TV
  • DVR Upgrade Fee: $105
  • Restoral Fee: $35 per account
  • Service Repair Dispatch Fee: $99
  • Dispatch on Demand Fee: $99

While the pricing for AT&T U-verse seems fairly reasonable, that doesn’t mean they won’t add up over time. Be sure to read the agreement terms before signing a contract to avoid paying more for your TV service provider.

Limited Service Ability

The U-verse is currently only available to 21 states. That being said, living in a state that it is offered is not a guarantee it will be available to you in your specific city — it varies from city to city which makes it difficult to know for sure. You will need to enter in all of your information on their website to know if U-verse is available to you in your area.

• Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Wisconsin

Residents outside of these states will have to look at other TV service providers.

Competes with DIRECTV

AT&T owns both its U-verse TV offerings and DIRECTV. Since acquiring DIRECTV in 2015, the company has worked to make this its main TV service, steering customers to this choice. As a result, AT&T U-verse may decline or its services may be closed to usher more AT&T customers to DIRECTV. However, this has yet to happen, so perhaps AT&T will not fulfill this prediction.

The Bottom Line

AT&T's U-verse is reasonably priced for the number of channels customers can receive. The app is relatively intuitive and the interactive apps make for a comfortable and convenient entertainment experience. However, the TV provider is not available nationwide and it doesn’t seem to offer much for sports fans. Although monthly fees are standard throughout the industry, we recommend customers keep a close eye on their bill.

That being said, the company has advanced technology that allows your TV, internet, and home phone to be interactive with one another which makes utilizing these technologies more convenient. The television has a digitally clear picture and sound, the internet has capabilities of downloading speeds up to 45 Mbps, and the voice option comes with 20 different calling features.

Call our recommended rep over at AT&T U-verse below.

3.2

Gwen Hurd Smyrna, GA

I am a current Customer of AT&T U-Verse. The service is good, but I did have problems with the wireless Access connection for several months. After having a call with the Support Team, they sent a service person to my home on a Saturday!! I was surprised that the problem could be resolved that quickly. After that experience I have a new found respect for AT&T U-verse.

Antonio Barleston Tallahassee, FL

Had cable TV with U-verse for many years. Like them great equipment and service .

Wayne J.Bergeron Covington, LA

I bundled my AT&T U-verse with my home WiFi and the service has been very good. Bundling saved me about $60.00 per month and the WiFi supports all my devices so there’s always service available for my family. Their customer service is excellent and with U verse I DON’T lose my tv service when the weather is bad.

Duffy Cypress, TX

So far, they five stars. We have had only one problem. AT&T was at our home the next day. The problem was quickly found and corrected. We are happy with the company's response. We also enjoy the channels provided through AT%T U-verse. Regards, Jerald Vascoe

Claudia Price Corona, CA

AT&T U-verse is very reliable. I have 75Mbps down and 25Mbps up, it is more reliable than the Cable internet I had at 300Mbps down and 100Mbps up. There are 3 of us working from home during COVID and it is working well for us. We also use it with many streaming apps as well. We are not gamers, so I can't speak to that.

Jim Ballantyne Slidell, LA

It was a fine service while I had it and regret switching to satellite. There customer service is part of the reason to stay. They were always on time and ready to complete the job. Online and through the phone they were usually extremely helpful and seemed to care for there reputation.

Tiffany Johnson Florissant, MO

I like AT&T as my service provider! They are pricey for cable but, I enjoy my cell phone plan and TV on the go! The service is good in most places. I’m a trucker and the quality of a phone service provider is greatly appreciated!

Cam Truong Alpharetta, GA

AT&T U-verse offer the best deal and package for TV, Internet, and Cellphone. Their self installation is very easy to setup when you sign up for new services. Customer service is also very supportive in helping me troubleshoot issues with services.

Trey Farner Norcross, GA

My parents pay for U-verse right now and it is amazing being able to watch whatever show and recording some whenever I’m not home. Like the saints football games. Usually I’m at church so I’ll record it before I leave for the day.

Diante Jordan Milwaukee, WI

Very easy to navigate and reliable. I enjoy the movie options and being able to bundle my tv with my wifi.

Della Lowe DeSoto, TX

I've been with AT&T U-verse for 3 years and I'm very satisfied with my service and the price that I pay for my package

Alejandro DE Jesus San Antonio, TX

AT&T Uverse has been my provider for the longest time, and each time I'd look into other providers, they seem to win at all fronts: customer-friendly service, looking out for my needs, and fast tech support and service.

I P ,

I love love my Uverse TV and internet!! AT&T service is always outstanding and i have never had a single billing issue.

Ivy Cordero Fresno, CA

Where they provide high speed it is excellent, in locations that they don't provide high speed it is only good if you use it for basic computer need.

Michael Byrd Everett, WA

I love the television programing available. I has all the programs that I really enjoy watching. There's never a dull moment.

Patti Miller ,

I have my desk top internet with AT&T. It is slow at time but over all I am pleased with the service. The company just up-graded my service to fiber-optic.

Shopping momma Pearland, TX

We have had ATT U-verse since they moved into our neighborhood - love the service - if you have any issues you can call and they will come out and fix for you

Hima ravipati Kenner, LA

I love the At&t u-verse , their service is good , I love their fees as they are reasonable and I love that at&t u verse as you can watch anywhere without data problems

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

AT&T U-verse is probably the best TV service I've had. It is very easy to set shows to record and play them back, as well as find any shows you're looking for on tv.

Horace Flowers Hogansville, GA

Good customer service and technician.Technicians assisted with making sure all devices worked properly before leaving

Maria Rodrigues Ceres, CA

Very helpful and understanding of personal situations had alot of knowledge in regards to use of cable

Sherry Brownsburg, IN

I enjoyed u verse but the cost was a bit steep. I think my dad may still have this service. Less interruptions during storms.

Amanda Walker Arlington Heights, IL

I love the channels and selections provided. I like the different packages offered. I dislike the disturbing during bad weather.

J. G. San Antonio, TX

They have been able to service our area with high speed internet. We have not had a complain over their service and are very cheap.

Ricardo Gonçalves Porto, 13

Amazing service ... Quick to resolve my problem

dawne gibson Lawrenceville, GA

There wifi isn't the fastest...but etherenet connected internet is super fast.

JB3 Consulting Group Houston, TX

Their customer service is great, every time i have an issue they will take of it in no time.

Nathan Brooker Gardendale, TX

Best cable service around we had the service when we lived in Odessa Wish they would service the Gardendale area.

Douglas Moore Jr Detroit, MI

I love my service with at&t they provide the best all around service, they have good knowledgeable people there

Keith Gibson Dallas, TX

I truly love this product. It's easy to navigate and the picture quality of the HD streams are perfect!

Mazi Marcel Womack Cedar City, UT

At&t U-verse is great! Their customer service is awesome. They have great choices of shows to choose from as well.

Citywide Lawn Service, LLC Fort Lauderdale, FL

Best Service , including their unlimited phone and Internet service plans. Best quality of service

Lorraine Johnson Selma, CA

AT&T was a great company but got too expensive and i had to downgrade for financial reasons

Jenny Martinez Miami, FL

Uverse has been the best tv and internet I have had. The service was always great

DT Hannah Conyers, GA

Amazing signal strength and service. Customer service was helpful and always available.

DeeDee G. Dallas, TX

Great variety of channels for a cheap package. Never have issues with tv connectedness.