BestCompany.com Review Guidelines
At Best Company, we hear your voice! Your insights and feedback are vital in helping others make better, more informed decisions. We expect and depend on you to share your experience with us and our readers.
Who Can Leave a Review on BestCompany.com?
We want anyone and everyone who has had an experience with a company on our site to leave a review, and join us in helping people make better decisions for their lives. To leave a review, you must register on BestCompany.com.
What Makes a Great Review?
Great reviews give others insight into a company’s service, policies, and more. Rather than simply praising or criticizing a company, great reviews tell our readers why you had a good or bad experience with a company.
- Not Too Short: In order to publish a review on BestCompany.com, your review must be a minimum of 40 characters. We recommend providing reviews long enough to clearly and accurately portray your experience.
- Honest and Sincere: Your voice is genuinely heard on BestCompany.com and we want your honest opinion of your experience with a company. Do not hesitate to truly state how you feel.
- Relevant: We recommend that your review be as relevant as possible to your experience. The more relevant your review, the more helpful it will be to other users who are researching a company.
- Informative:User reviews are used to rate and rank companies on our site. For this reason, each review that is submitted must actually provide an explanation of why the reviewer feels positive or negative (or both) towards the company they are reviewing. Reviews with no analysis of the company will be sent back to the reviewer with an invitation to revise and elaborate.
Why Was My Review Removed?
BestCompany.com is built on real, honest user reviews. In order to promote these core values, we reserve the right to reject or remove any and all reviews that contain any of the following:
- Content that endorses or promotes illegal or harmful activity or violence
- Content that is vulgar, profane, obscene, defamatory, threatening, or discriminatory.
- Content written in languages other than English.
- Content that violates another person’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights (e.g., publishing another person’s full name, address, or other identifying information without permission)
- Content that promotes an agent, salesperson, manufacturer or any other organization benefiting from the company will be removed. Reviews left by employees of the organization will also be removed.
- Incentivized reviews
- Content from representatives of competing company who claim (falsely) to be actual customers of the reviewed company
- Speech that personally attacks any of the following: race, nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexual preference, or religion
- Reviews left by individuals who haven’t interacted with the company or service that the company offers
- A review whose score does not coincide with its content (Example: A positive review with a score of 1)
- Last names and personal information of company employees
- Personal contact information such as addresses, email addresses, confirmation numbers, SSN, phone numbers, etc.
- Reviews that do not relate to the company or company’s service being reviewed
In addition to removing reviews that do not meet our guidelines, Best Company reserves the right to redact the last name of an employee from all reviews.
Report Any Review You Feel Violates Our Guidelines
If you believe a review violates our guidelines, please let us know. Our Integrity Team will examine your report inquiry and take the appropriate action.
A company may dispute reviews on their profile if they believe the review contains inaccurate information. However, physical evidence must be provided in order to remove the review. Best Company takes review disputes seriously and will only remove reviews proven to be inaccurate.