Finance of America Reverse (FAR) is a reverse mortgage lender that offers a variety of reverse mortgages and equity solutions, such as commercial loan options, student loan refinancing services, home loan options, reverse mortgage solutions, equity solutions, and equity conversion.

FAR emphasizes the personal aspect of a reverse mortgage loan in addition to the business transaction numbers. FAR’s motto is “Customer First, Last, and Always.” For the past eight years, FAR has been the number one wholesale reverse mortgage lender against other reverse mortgage companies and is ranked number two on the top 100 HECM lenders list.

Reverse Financing is only available to senior homeowners or seniors who have considerable equity in their home real estate. The homeowner must be over the age of 62. A reverse mortgage offers the flexibility to receive compensation from your reverse mortgage loan in a lump sum or in payments over time. For more information on reverse mortgages, check out this guide to the pros and cons of reverse mortgages.

The Good

• Professional Mortgage Specialists Provided
  • Competitive Fees Compared to Other Reverse Mortgage Lenders
  • Wide Range of Reverse Mortgage Products
  • Silvernest Platform

Professional Mortgage Specialists Provided

Finance of America Reverse offers professional retirement assistance through financial advisors, real estate professionals, and mortgage brokers for the borrower. These guides ensure that you understand the process and that you feel supported every step of the way. The company will assist you in reviewing equity solutions to help you live your best retirement.

If needed, Real Estate Brokers through FAR can also offer assistance in purchasing a second home through a reverse mortgage loan. Using The Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM), older generations can increase their buying power.

Competitive Fees Compared to Other Reverse Mortgage Lenders

FAR recently dropped its origination fee. The company offers lender credits on closing costs on certain products for eligible buyers.

A borrower can receive compensation from equity conversion for up to $10 million.

Wide Range of Reverse Mortgage Products

Finance of America Reverse offers a selection of products to assist borrowers in planning for retirement. Each product offers a variety of solutions to fit your retirement needs.

HECM

• Pay off an existing mortgage loan
  • Government insured by the Federal Housing Administration
  • Never owe more than you home is worth
  • Diversify retirement strategy
  • Cover medical expenses
  • Renovate your home
  • Help your grandchildren pay for college
  • Purchase homeowners insurance

Silvernest

• Earn extra income
  • Pairs aging homeowners with qualified housemates
  • Share expenses with housemates
  • Stay connected
  • Live in your primary residence

HomeSafe Select

• Loan won't add to monthly payments
  • Equity conversion
  • Use equity funds however you want
  • Accommodates higher valued properties up to $10 million
  • Offers similar protection to the HECM
  • Borrower not held responsible if the loan value ends up exceeding the value of the home
  • Still be responsible for property taxes, homeowners insurance, and other home-related fees

Reverse for Purchase

• Useful if you are looking to purchase a new home
  • Offers increased buying power and eliminates monthly mortgage payments
  • You choose the size of the home to fit your needs
  • Finance a portion of the total sale price of the home personally
  • Finance the rest of the balance with a reverse mortgage
  • Live in your new home without a monthly mortgage payment
  • Don’t pay off the loan until you leave

Silvernest Platform

Home Sweet Shared Home™ gives baby boomers and empty nesters a platform for finding housemates to stay in their homes, earning them additional income. Borrowers who choose Finance of America Reverse for their reverse mortgage loan get a free one-year subscription for the company’s Silvernest home sharing service as well as costs waived for matching with a housemate.

The Bad

• Poor Customer Service
  • Limited Product Availability

Poor Customer Service

While FAR offers free brochures, a loan calculator, and a retirement quiz some consumers have found customer service a hassle to work with. Reports have been made of rocky transitions, lack of communication, and delayed response time. Read what real Finance of America Reverse consumers had to say about their experience in the Finance of America Reverse Reviews.

Limited Product Availability

When using the loan calculator, customers will find that some mortgage loan options are not available in their state where their primary residence is located. When considering Finance of America Reverse, make sure the plan you need is offered in your area. Other reverse mortgage lenders are available in more states.

The Bottom Line

Finance of America Reverse is a viable option to consider among other reverse mortgage lenders. The company is well established with over 16 years of experience and hundreds of branch officers across the United States.

FAR offers long-term care at any stage of your retirement process. Whether you are just starting to create a strategy or you are looking for more ways to improve your retirement situation with a reverse mortgage loan, Finance of America Reverse will help you find the mortgage loan that fits your needs.
For more information on FAR, read the Finance of America Reverse reviews below from real FAR customers.

Call our recommended rep over at Finance of America Reverse below.

Shanna Roberts
February 21st, 2019 DETAILS

Everything went very smoothly and they were easy to contact. They were easy to use and very professional and they got the job done.

Thomas Mooney
February 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The customer service agent was terrific. The customer service answered the phone right away and they had the right answers.

Mary Singer
February 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The customer service was great. They emailed the information I needed and helped with all I needed. It just went great.

Dennis Norris
February 21st, 2019 DETAILS

I had a very good person to work with from customer service. They took care of all of our needs as much as they could.

Antoinette Ressino
February 21st, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

I'm glad I chose it. The loan manager I had was superb. The customer service was always there if I had any questions and things that I needed to know. I would highly recommend them because they will stay with you all the way through and anytime you want anything or need to know anything, they're always available.

Robert Holmer
February 21st, 2019 Willard, OH DETAILS

They gave me hope. They worked with me so good and always kept me informed about everything. They never told me that I couldn't get it. Eventually everything looked good. These guys were the best. I would recommend them one hundred percent. The work real fast and just within a couple months everyrthing was done.

Alan Confreda
February 21st, 2019 DETAILS

From the beginning we were kept informed all the way and told us what to expect. He worked us right through it. It was very very informative. It was seamelss and everybody worked together and communicated very well. Whenever I have questions, they got answered and we're very pleased.

Lydette Brubaker
February 21st, 2019 Springboro, OH DETAILS

The process happened within a couple of weeks. It was just a very quick process. I didn't have any issues so it just went right there. I was notified every step of the way what was happening. They were very supportive. They jsut led me through the whole process very easily.

Craig Headman
February 21st, 2019 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

I chose them because the representative was the most responsive and the price was a bit lower. Everything worked as I thought it should. The representative that was helping me was responsive to my calls and returned my messages immediately and as soon as possible.

February 21st, 2019 Mabank, TX DETAILS

The company is the most responsive to inquiries and I'm happy with the situation. They did what they said they would do and when they would do it. They're very professional while also being very human about the way they handled it.

David Griffith
February 21st, 2019 Clio, CA DETAILS

So far I get reports every month that are very understandable and it seems like it's working perfectly for us. The person we worked with was very very helpful and informative. He was certainly a very thoughtful representative.

Pamela
February 21st, 2019 Deposit, NY DETAILS

I dealt with a very knowledgeable person who set me up. They helped guide me through it and help me understand. They kept me informed with recieving a statement once a month and kept me abreast of what was going on.

Sanna Kruppenbacher
February 21st, 2019 DeSoto, TX DETAILS

They made it easy for me to do business with them. The customer service is still supporting me. I had to call and ask a question recently and was very pleasantly surprised that they could still help me.

Linda Hinch
February 21st, 2019 Titusville, FL DETAILS

They were very quick to talk to me and it was about thirty days to do it and get it done. They were just very personable. I would ask questions and they would find out and get right back to me.

Don Dubuc
February 21st, 2019 Reddick, FL DETAILS

It was actually quite a hassle throughout the whole thing. It took for ever and just bounced around forever. The customer service is alright but they just didn't get anywhere.

James Esposito
February 21st, 2019 Palm Springs, CA DETAILS

The process was very difficult to be honest. The initial appraisal had a lot of errors and I was initially denied. The new appraisal I was able to manage and I qualified for.

Cam Stanton
February 21st, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I had an amicable relationship with the broker servicer in the deal. He explained what we were doing and never put any pressure on me and was glad to answer any and all questions. After we walked through the program, I was very pleased with what it looked like. I appreciate the way I was treated and he was very responsive and answered questions, got the process done in a timely manner. There was a lot of paperwork of course but that's what you probably expect here. He was very attentive to details and always answered my questions and returned my phone calls. It was just a very very pleasant experience.

February 21st, 2019 Fort Collins, CO DETAILS

The gentleman I worked with was amazing and very patient with me because I didn't know much about reverse mortgages. I called him a number of times and no matter what day or what time he answered the phone and helped me tremendously to understand everything about it so I really appreciated that. I thought it was an easy process because someone was so willing to spend time with me to explain it and once we got it going, it didn't take very long.

Rex Walker
February 21st, 2019 Pueblo, CO DETAILS

The process was okay. It wasn't the easiest process I ever went through. I was told that the closing costs would be about five thousand dollars and they were over ten thousand. The representative said that I could make one phone call and have money in the bank the next day and it's an email process to send the paper and it takes a week to get the money in the bank. In general he just lied to me about several things.

Virginia Mccarthy
February 21st, 2019 Seminole, FL DETAILS

My financial background was a bit confusing and we had a lot of explaining to do regarding discrepancies. They kept me apprised of where things were in the closing process and the validation process. We were able to proactively provide information up front so that the closing approval went smoothly. The person I worked with was very good and very attentive and kept me apprised of wehre things were on a daily basis.

Steve
February 21st, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

The representative I had was on top of everything and she provided several different options for my father to look at. We came off without any hitches. We were able to do that over the telephone. Our representative allowed us to contact her on her personal cell phone and she returned calls to us at odd hours. They made the process simple and easy to understand and made my father's life a lot easier.

Diane Ferland
February 21st, 2019 DETAILS

The representative I dealt with was constantly keeping in touch with me and made the whole process a lot easier to go through and easy to understand. She was very attentive to details. There were a few complications in getting my mortage and she helped me maneuver through all of that and was very patient and was very much on detail with everything.

Ruben Arroyo
February 21st, 2019 Pacoima, CA DETAILS

The representative was very informative and walked me through the process so I didn't have any moments of "what's going on?". They took care of me. The customer service answered my calls immediately and answered my questions without a problem. The representative seems to care about myself and my situation and I felt that was most welcome.

Alfred F Reuter
February 21st, 2019 Parachute, CO DETAILS

The gentleman I spoke with from the company was the most friendly so that was the reason we went with America Reverse and so far I've been satisfied. The process was very easy. It took a little while but that's expected when you're looking for money. I can't say that it's been much in the way of follow up from the customer service.

Donna
February 20th, 2019 Du Quoin, IL DETAILS

Everybody was knowledgeable and thorough. They seemed personable.

Della
February 20th, 2019 Chelsea, OK DETAILS

Stacy was very helpful and made it easy. She did all the work.

Phillip
February 20th, 2019 Richland, MI DETAILS

They did a wonderful job for my wife and in explaining things.

February 20th, 2019 Wichita Falls, TX DETAILS

They answered all my questions, and everything went smoothly.

February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

The person that helped me was knowledgeable and helpful.

Michael
February 20th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS

Everything I needed to know was answeredby Finance of America Reverse.

Bob
February 20th, 2019 Churchton, MD DETAILS

When I had a question, they answered them right away. They're responsive and on top of everything.

Paul
February 20th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

Every question was responded to and the gal I worked with was good at explaining everything to me.

Rick
February 20th, 2019 Richmond, IN DETAILS

I needed to clear up some unpaid bills and hospital bills. They worked with me very well on it.

Joe
February 20th, 2019 Austell, GA DETAILS

I worked with several people and they were prompt in returning calls and sending me quotes.

Michele
February 20th, 2019 Muncie, IN DETAILS

It was the easiest process, they were easy to get ahold of and very knowledgeable.

Allen
February 20th, 2019 Stevensville, MT DETAILS

I like the people we dealt with, they were helpful and answered my questions.

Norman
February 20th, 2019 Mankato, MN DETAILS

This is the only reverse mortgage I have ever had but I think they did fine.

Paul
February 20th, 2019 San Quentin, CA DETAILS

The customer service is excellent, they worked very closely with us. Honestly, working with Finance of America Reverse was easy.

February 20th, 2019 Texarkana, TX DETAILS

The person helping me was out of town on vacation one of the days and still called us to give names of other people we could talk to. They are so willing to help, and everything went like clockwork.

February 20th, 2019 Bethalto, IL DETAILS

I had some follow-up questions which they were very prompt in answering. I didn't know they were going to sell my mortgage until everything was closed, which was a little bit of a surprise.

Robert
February 20th, 2019 Newfoundland, PA DETAILS

They are there to answer any questions you have. They are knowledgeable, polite, and very good. There were a few little things that I wish I didn't have to do, but they did a fine job.

Sandra
February 20th, 2019 Kerrville, TX DETAILS

I'm glad I chose this because the loan officer was so nice and available. They never got impatient and answered all my questions. It was just so dependable.

Patricia
February 20th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

They seemed to have the best package for me and the rep I talked to was very attentive. He was in contact with me all the time and had all the answers.

February 20th, 2019 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

They did a very good job and the lady I am working with is excellent. She is always there for any questions and answers me right away.

Linda
February 20th, 2019 Lathrop, MO DETAILS

I picked them because they were the most willing to answer my questions. The agent involved was extremely helpful and understanding.

Michael
February 20th, 2019 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS

I didn't have any problems whatsoever. Everything went smooth and how it was supposed to go. They are friendly and knowledgeable.

Earl
February 20th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

I called multiple times and they were patient with me and willing to answer any questions. It was very welcome and appreciated.

Cathy
February 20th, 2019 Choctaw, OK DETAILS

It was easy and didn't take much time to accomplish. We didn't have any problems or issues and they answered all our questions.

Roberto
February 20th, 2019 El Paso, TX DETAILS

All of the salesmen are helpful right away and give you an answer. It's a great company and you get results really fast.

Holly
February 20th, 2019 Ballston Spa, NY DETAILS

Things did not go as smoothly as I was initially told. After I signed all the papers the lady told me if I ever needed money I could just give her a call and I would have money in my bank within a couple of days. There came a point where I needed money and when I called I was told I had to go through someone else and fill out a request. However, they were good about helping me get through certain things. There was a lien against my property and a judgment was supposed to be expunged. They helped me get through the process and enforce the judge to do what he was supposed to as prescribed by law.