Zety Logo

Zety

Since being introduced to job seekers in 2016, Zety has helped millions of people worldwide find employment. With a rapidly growing community of more than 40 million readers a year, Zety is arguably one of the world’s fastest-growing career advice websites.

ResumeZest Logo
ResumeZest chevron_right
0.0
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border
Jobscan Logo
Jobscan chevron_right
0.0
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Resume, CV, and Cover Letter Builder
  • Career Blog and Social Media Accounts

Resume, CV, and Cover Letter Builder

Zety is an excellent choice for job-seekers since the website allows you to quickly put together a resume, CV, and cover letter. The site has over 20 professional resume templates in over 400 color variations. Users can also type in basic information (job type, skill set, affiliations), and Zety will give several suggestions as to what you should use in your resume, CV, or cover letter.

Career Blog and Social Media Accounts

Zety’s career blog is in-depth and covers a variety of topics. There are articles about how to conduct a thorough job search, how to impress companies with your cover letter and resume, and even some general career advice.

Additionally, Zety is fairly active on its social media platforms. Aspiring job applicants can follow Zety on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn and see the company’s most recent articles and get general career advice.

The Bad

• No Search Bar for Blog Articles
  • Pay to Access All Features

No Search Bar for Blog Articles

Zety’s career blog has tons of information for job seekers. However, not everyone has the time or patience to click through each and every blog article on Zety’s website. It would be nice if Zety added a search feature to its blog to help users find specific articles.

Pay to Access All Features

Although users can quickly put together a resume using Zety, they will have to upgrade their account to access everything Zety has to offer.

Users can pay $2.70 for a 14-day trial version of Zety, where they can download and print their resume, CV, or cover letters as much as they’d like. This option also allows users to create additional resumes and letter variations. However, once the 14-day trial is over, users will be charged $24.70 every four weeks.

Or users can pay $5.95 per month (or $71.40 upfront) for full access to all of Zety’s features, including cover letters.

Zety does allow users to cancel at any time; you’ll need to call or cancel online. If you cancel during the 14-day trial, you can receive a refund.

The Bottom Line

If you’re looking for an online resume builder, Zety is a decent option. The company makes it easy to create a resume in just a few minutes with its auto-fill feature and expert suggestions based on your experience and job title. Users can customize their resume with one of Zety’s more than 20 templates and easily add on a CV or cover letter.

There is a 14-day trial — although it’s not free, it shouldn’t break the bank at $2.70. With the trial, users can print or download their resume as much as they’d like, but keep in mind that if you don’t cancel before the 14 days is up, you’ll be charged $24.70 every four weeks. Or you can pay $71.40 upfront and receive instant access to all Zety's features for a year.

1.0

Miga Wu Brunswick, VIC

This is almost like a scam because they charge your money without notice. I cancel my subscription immediately after I pay for download my resume, but they can still charge me later for 5 months! After you bought 14 days trail and download a resume, they will put you into a monthly subscription automatically without notice you notably , and you can not find a way to cancel it unless you email them. Don't use it, unless you want to be scammed or go through the refund progress. That is if you are still "Lucky" to find out that they took your money. The company took money from the people who are looking for jobs in this difficult time, and believes that we should be appreciated after they took so much of our money and still welling to paid partial back. I will do my best to report this scam-like situation to the government and the local news. I suggest you can also do the same so we can protect our community from this awful company.

ricardo camara Luxembourg, LU

One of those websites that need to scam in order to succeed I really don't know why you have to do things like such. I understood that in order to get a resume template I had only to pay USD 2.70, obviously you had to cheat and hide the USD 24.70 in order to make a little profit off me. It's ok, I'll accept the payment because I should've done my due diligence. I WILL MAKE SURE THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE. I am going to star reviewing your services on every single platform you're promoting yourself in and will tell the truth so that anyone can see clear. Truly disappointing...

Zety Logo

Reply from Zety

Hi there, we are very sorry for the misunderstanding! All our services are subscription-based to ensure uninterrupted access to the documents. We are sorry if it was not clear on our website! Could you please contact our customer support at [email protected]? We will be happy to help you out as soon as possible!

Jul. 16th, 2020