Find My Profession

LAST UPDATED: January 28th, 2021

Find My Profession was founded in 2015 by Mike Podesto, a master resume writer. It is an elite career service provider with the goal of helping its clients find the career of their dreams. It accomplishes this by providing services in two main areas:

• Writing — resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn profiles, curriculum vitae
  • Career Coaching — Q&As, interview 101, networking, finding a job

Quality resume and career coaching services depend fully on the quality of their coaches and writers. There are many certifications available within the professional resume writing and job coaching industry. It is critical for customers to verify qualifications to ensure a productive resume building or career coaching session.

Find My Profession says it has a commitment to excellence and offers a 60-day interview guarantee. This is definitely above and beyond industry standard and makes it stand out from its competitors. It also says it only hires professional resume writers in the United States. Find My Profession writers have experience in more than 85 career types, which allows the company to assign customers a writer with relevant background experience.

All of the Find My Profession resume writing packages (broken down by career level) include the industry standard of a one week unlimited revisions period, a 3–5 business day turnaround, and a one-on-one strategy session with a resume writer. It also includes its 60-day interview guarantee in each package, which again is above and beyond the industry standard and a nice reassurance for potential clients.

Its pricing is mid-range for the resume writing industry and on the high end for similar career coaching services. Prices start at $395 for an entry-level resume-only writing package, and a general one-hour call with a career coach starts at $199.

Something that is unique to Find My Profession is that the company lists locations for where it provides services in the United States, mainly mid and large size metro areas. It also says that it will help customers throughout the country. However, customers may have better job prospects the closer they are located to a metro area.

Find My Profession clients have been hired by an impressive list of companies, including Amazon, Oracle, Apple, GM, Adventist Health, Facebook, and more.

Zety Logo
Zety chevron_right
1.0
ResumeZest Logo
ResumeZest chevron_right
0.0
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Positive Online Reviews
  • Free Consults for Career Coaching
  • Career Coaching Packages
  • 60-Day Interview Guarantee
  • Career Finder Services

Positive Online Reviews

It is apparent that Find My Profession has provided great service to many of its customers from the overwhelmingly positive reviews it has received across many different online review platforms. One review on bestcompany.com reads, “Immediately after your services, I had easily 5-6 recruiters contacting me at the same time. Great work.”

The company is also responsive to its negative reviewers, which is a good sign of excellent customer service. It is interested in making things right.

Free Consults for Career Coaching

Find My Profession offers professional career coaching services provided by former recruiters, headhunters, and/or its executive resume writers. Its prices are on the higher end for its coaching services; however, it does say its coaches provide actionable principles and don’t just offer the basic cheerleading that some more affordable coaching services might emphasize.

The company offers customers the opportunity to schedule a free one-on-one consultation with its career coach, Heather Lewis, who is a Certified Professional Career Coach. While this is common with many individual coaching services, this is not common with Find My Profession’s direct competitors.

Career Coaching Packages

Most career coaching services offer generic sessions broken down by time length. Find My Profession offers customers the option to choose and pay for a coaching session covering the topic they would like. The different session options cover finding a job, networking, interviewing, general questions, and more. This approach may appeal to customers looking for a more structured and directed coaching experience rather than an open-ended session format.

60-Day Interview Guarantee

While it is common for a resume building service to stand behind its products in some way, there is a huge variance within the industry. Find My Profession stands out with its 60-day interview guarantee. If a resume client is not satisfied with the number of interviews they receive with a Find My Profession resume, the assigned writer they're working with will rewrite it one time at no additional charge.

Career Finder Services

Beyond simple resume-writing services, Find My Profession offers an additional option to manage its clients’ entire job search for them, saving them potentially hundreds of hours. When a client chooses the company’s Career Finder services, Find My Profession works on their LinkedIn profile, resume, and cover letter; finds jobs that match the clients’ criteria; applies to the jobs the client approves; arranges interviews and networking meetings for the client; and helps the client prepare for their interviews. This service costs $2,500 per month.

The Bad

Cost

While many resume builders listed on bestcompany.com are free to use, a resume from Find My Profession starts at $395 for an entry-level resume-only writing package. This pricing may be prohibitive for potential customers. However, free resume services often only offer templates for customers to paste their resumes into, while Find My Profession assigns clients to a professional, certified resume writer with experience in the client’s field to write them a custom resume.

The Bottom Line

Find My Profession provides resume, cover letter, CV, and LinkedIn profile writing and career coaching services. It mainly serves professionals who are more established in their careers, but it also offers an entry-level resume writing package. While some resume building services may be less expensive, there is sometimes the risk that your resume will be outsourced to a writer outside the United States. On the other hand, all of Find My Profession’s resume writers are based in the United States, and all but one of its 13 career professionals have certifications in resume writing or career coaching. Additionally, Find My Profession stands behind its employees' work with a industry standout 60-day interview guarantee.

Find My Profession’s services are on the pricier side, but the company is a great option for clients who are willing to invest in more qualified, hands-on help.

View Best Resume Builder Companies

Ben Peterson

Andy R was a tremendous help in my job search. I spent months looking for a new role with little success. Within 1 month of working with Andy, I had multiple offers.

Reply from Find My Profession

That's such great news Ben! Thank you for the awesome testimonial.

Deerfeld Marlton, NJ

within one week my linked in hits went from 2 a week to over 20 a week and with 3 weeks I was approached by multiple recruiters

Reply from Find My Profession

Thanks for sharing this! We are happy to hear that your LinkedIn profile makeover has been a worthy investment!

Sep. 9th, 2020

Rockford

Communication was very clear and accommodating to my situation and a great translation of my military career

Sergio

Reply from Find My Profession

That's amazing Sergio! I'm sure it had a lot to do with your impressive background. Thanks so much for the kind words!

Jose Santana

The agent they assigned me was very diligent and courteous, always responded on time and did an excellent job.

Tarah Miller

They were fast, professional, and flexible. I also really enjoy the end product.

Reply from Find My Profession

Thank you so much Tarah! It was our privilege to serve you!

Ashley Burns

The staff were amazing, but my resume wasn't the best. I've had less response from employers and recruiters since using my resume and cover letter.

Reply from Find My Profession

Hi Ashley, We are proud to offer a 60-Day Interview Guarantee. If your resume is not getting the results that you'd hoped, please send us an email to [email protected] or call (831) 888-0967 so that we can take care of you.

Sep. 17th, 2020

William Reiner

Andy was very helpful and really provided superior writing and advice

Gui Barbosa New York, NY

Very happy with the end result. But a bit of trouble getting there. Not worth the price tag.

Reply from Find My Profession

Hi Gui. I am sorry to hear about your not-so-great experience. Can you please share some more details about your experience so that we can improve? I'd love to see if there is anything that we can do to improve your overall experience.

Sep. 8th, 2020