Canva Logo
LAST UPDATED: September 10th, 2021

Canva is a graphic design platform that mimics what many people use the Adobe suite for, but Canva makes it easier and cheaper. People use Canva to make posters, fliers, social media posts, and even resumes. Canva provides hundreds of resume templates that you can adjust to your tastes, fill with your information, and download.

Zety Logo
Jobscan Logo
Jobscan chevron_right
0.0
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Sleek and Attractive Designs
  • Customizable
  • Free Version

Sleek and Attractive Designs

Primarily a graphic design platform, Canva’s resume templates are modern, sleek, and eye-catching. When you use Canva, your resume will stand out in the stack. You don’t have to be a graphic designer to have a professionally designed resume. If you’re in a creative or artsy industry like marketing, communications, photography, design, architecture, or interior design, people will see your resume as an example of your creativity level.

Canva’s resume templates are grouped into the following categories to help you find the kind that you want:

• Modern
  • Infographic
  • Minimalist
  • Colorful

Customizable

Though pre-designed, Canva’s resume templates are customizable. You can change the font, colors, text size, and layout. You can come back and edit your resume as many times as you want. Canva allows you to download your resume as a PNG, PDF, JPEG, or GIF.

Free Version

If you don’t want to use Canva Pro (the paid version), you can design your resume completely for free.

The Bad

• Hard to Use
  • No Auto-Fill
  • Free Version Doesn’t Include Everything

Hard to Use

If you’ve never used Canva before, there’s a little bit of a learning curve. It can be hard to know what each button means and how to get your design to look exactly like you want. Sometimes the buttons seem finicky. Additionally, with so many template options it can be difficult to narrow down which one you want to use.

No Auto-Fill

Making a resume or CV on Canva is very DIY. You decide where in the design your information goes, you decide what to write, and you decide if the words sound good. Though an attractive design will help your resume stand out, it’s ultimately the words on the page that help land you the job. Other resume builders will guide you through the writing process, but Canva just helps with design.

Free Version Doesn’t Include Everything

Canva’s free version doesn’t include these tools and resources that Canva Pro does:

• Resizing documents
  • Saving with a transparent background
  • Saving a brand kit of colors and fonts
  • Animating your designs
  • Collaborating with others on projects
  • Accessing Canva’s large library of premium photos and graphics

Canva Pro costs $10 per month when billed annually.

The Bottom Line

Canva is the perfect tool for someone who values having an eye-catching resume that will stand out. A resume is one of the most important things you will ever design. Once you’re past the learning curve, Canva can help you create a beautiful resume in minutes. If you want help writing your resume or don’t want to figure out how to use Canva, this might not be the resume builder for you.

4.8

Abril Hunter Tallahassee, FL

Canva is my favorite website to do graphic design on both my résumé. I’ve received so many compliments about the résumé that I’ve built using the canva website more specifically the résumé building templates. Over arching way I find the canvas easy to use and easy to help others use as well. I wish that Canva had a mobile app that worked a little more seamlessly than the one they currently have but other than that I find that the website really gets the job done!

abw fsu Tallahassee, FL

I love Canva. If you're looking for a website that allows you 100% creative freedom on your various projects, Canva is the one! They provides thousands of templates and content, ranging from regular posters to Instagram posts and YouTube videos. My organization on campus uses Canva all the time for our newsletters and flyers because the website is so user friendly. We use the Canva Free subscription, which has everything we need for free!

Brooklyn Jensen Provo, UT

Canva makes it easy to create a professional-looking resume. While there is a paid version, the free version has so many great features and allows you to share your document with others if you want to do a resume review. I had a good experience with Canva because it allowed me to really make my resume look nice and professional.

Mona-Lissa Tallahassee, FL

I love Canva! It allows me to make my resume so easy and I love the different options they provide me with how I want to have it set up. It allows me to get creative with my resume compared to other Resume building platforms.

Morgan Tennant Shelley, ID

Canva is super easy to use! They have tutorials for beginners, and they even have refresher videos for more experienced users. Their outlines and guides are great and simple yet professional.

Joy V Salt Lake City, UT

Canva makes it so easy to create beautiful graphic with very little effort. The only downside is that many of the templates and images are only accessible through Pro, but you can upload your own files.

Gabe Burton Riverton, UT

They have a lot of templates that you can use to make a resume, that was so helpful because I had never made a resume before, Canva made it super easy and it looks so professional, I've had several employers mention to me how well put together it is. I'm actually helping my daughter make hers on Canva later this week

Simone Harris Tallahassee, FL

Canva has a variety of tools and templates, which make the creation of products very easy no matter the skill level. While they do have a paid subscription plan, the free features are still very comprehensive.

Kelly Stanley Orem, UT

Canva is so nice because it is so simple. I recently used it to make a resume and the process is so easy, anyone could do it! It also looks nice and professional.

Anne Sainsbury South Jordan, UT

I love working on Canva. I have built a number of digital pieces on this platform and all of them have been super easy to create with the tools provided. The templates are clean and professional and have been super helpful.

Jade Knowles Tallahassee, FL

Canva is a great resource for individuals that are in school, apart of organizations and so much more. I’ve used canva to design flyers, posters, worksheets, my resume and much more. They have hundreds of models and templates for you to chose from.

Kristin Fleming Tallahassee, FL

I love this app! I have made several presentations with it. The templates that you are able to choose from are so creative and perfect for any presentation. I love that you can also manipulate things a little to make the presentation your own!

hminfo Olney, MD

I am glad that my team at work has Canva because they can now make flyers and other graphic design needs on their own without the need of professional graphic designers.

Olivia Hardy Olney, MD

Canva is great for school, company, and presentation projects. However, Canva was a little difficult to use at first. When we first started using Canva, it took me and the rest of my work team a few days to get a feel for how to navigate the website. Additionally, outside images and resources would turn out blurry when pasting on a Canva page. All in all, a little tricky to get the hang of, but with effort Canva can help create a great presentation.

daphjohnson Saratoga Springs, UT

Canva is a great place to build a resume. They offer templates for many different job types and industries. It is a helpful website when you don't have any design skill but still allows you to be creative.

Simone Tallahassee, FL

User-friendly and great selection of options. The templates are very helpful, overall great tool even without the paid version.

Abby Ashby Provo, UT

I used canva to make my wedding invites and thank you cards. So easy to use and makes things look really nice. You can also pay for just specific features if you don’t want a subscription which I love.

Alyssa Hansel Tallahassee, FL

Canva is great for anyone who is looking to customize their own letters and flyers! They have a wonderful app that is super user-friendly! I definitely recommend this app for younger students in organizations, the perfect way to spice up your programming!

Bianca Jyotishi DeLand, FL

Seriously love Canva for all of my graphic design needs. Super easy to use and I can literally make anything. I redid my resume on here and it looks so much better now, way better than anything else I have ever used. My application to interview ratio has significantly gone up and in part I attribute that to my fresh resume!

Erin Farnsworth Pleasant Grove, UT

Canva has saved my life. I create my own content for two websites and a volunteer position. Creating is easy, fun, and you can better with time and practice. If you use as much as I do, I would recommend upgrading past the free version.

Angie Burnett Orem, UT

Canva is an amazing tool that allows you to create so much neat stuff. Pro tip, if you have a pro account you can upload your company photos, and fonts and build stuff right in the app. Which is perfect for people who aren't savvy with photoshop.

Kimmi Riverton, UT

I love how easy it is to use to create invitations, flyers and social media posts. I'm amazed at how much is offered at the free level. Everything I create comes out looking professional. I credit that to the ease of use and quality elements available to use.

Anya Lee Jacksonville, FL

Canvas has such a wide variety of templates to choose from to create an appealing and a successful project.

Vikti Mehta Frisco, TX

Canva has allowed me to create flyers and book/magazine covers for school projects and extracurriculars as well. I love the different text styles they have but you do have to pay for some of the poster themes.

Holly Brown Metairie, LA

Easiest way to build a resume and then proceed to get hired, have only gotten hired using resumes made by canva. easiest system to use when creating a visual for business of personal use

Silvia Lobendahn Orem, UT

I have been using Canva a lot more recently. It really is easy to use and produce quality content from their many template ideas. I's love to see a better free picture selection, but otherwise like the using Canva for all my design needs.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

Canva is a super easy site to use, and I love the templates for resumes on here. It helps you stand out from other resumes. Creative or simple, whichever vibe you're going for.

Amanda Purpura Gibsonia, PA

I've used the free version of this app and it is awesome! It is pretty cool how many tools and templates they give you access to at no charge. I've created logos, invites, brochures, social media posts - so much!

Katherine Whyte Miami, FL

Canva is a free and easy to use website/app for poster making and creating invitations online. There are cute layouts and extras that you can purchase but most of this site can be used without paying,

Rilynne Edwards Pleasant Grove, UT

I use Canva all the time. The site is very easy to use, and gives you a guide to help navigate. My resumes always look professional when I use Canva. It's high quality, and worth it to pay for Canvas Pro.

Zac Marx Brighton, CO

Canva has been an amazing resource for school and job purposes. I can easily design what I want, and find templates for free. It helps show off skills while also being professional and fast.

Isabelle Teeples Smithfield, UT

Canva was a really great resume builder, very easy to use and effective.

Julia Lian Rockville, MD

free, easy to use even for beginners. i often use it for my school projects to make them look good.

Simone Tallahassee, FL

Great range of formats and style options for projects. Semi-limited options compared to premium. Also, unclear delineation of what is free and not.

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

I have had to use Canva at work, and it is awesome! If you are not experienced in Adobe then it is a simple and sleek option.

Mallory Evans Provo, UT

I have used Canva for multiple college projects and resumes. The website is easy to work with and the final products always come out clean and organized.

Taylor Walker Tallahassee, FL

Canva is easily accessible and easy to use. It helps so much with different outlets. It is a great beginner guide to helping grow your business no matter what it is.

Wendy Liu Bethesda, MD

Canva has so many options when creating posters, cards, slides, etc. Its also free to use! (more perks with premium) Registering an account is very simple as it only requires an email and password.

Jada Urquhart Orlando, FL

I love Canva. They have a lot of helpful resources. I have used this website to create posters, flyers, and a newspaper article for some of my classes. Great Website.

Aliza Henline Provo, UT

There has been nothing that has helped me in my job as much as Canva. It makes it so easy to be creative without actually having a lot of design experience!!

Joy Hill Pleasant Grove, UT

Canva is really nice to use because you can pick whatever theme you want and all of these other creative designs. It's really easy to use and you can get really creative.

Oliver ,

Very handy tool and easy in use. No worries when building my resume from now on!

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

This was a tool I used to amp up my resume before applying to my current job. Was very helpful and gave me great insight.

DeeDee G. Dallas, TX

Canva makes it easy to do any resume. Really easy to figure out all of the functions and makes a professional looking product.

Clarissa Crawford Managua, MN

Canva works amazing! They have so many resume templates that are unique and eye catching. I love Canva and will continue to use it.

SkylarPickens Gulfport, MS

Canva was amazing for helping me build a professional looking resume! I love them! Very easy to use and and the costumer service was very nice!

Jacob American Fork, UT

Canva is the best!! Canva makes it so easy to build resume skills by improving design and organization as well as provide marketing skills.

Emma Simpson West Valley City, UT

I used a resume from Canva and I loved how it looked in the end. The information was easy to read and very organized.

Rebecca Managua, MN

Canva is the best resume builder! They have tons of professional templates that are unique and appealing.

Amanda Montebello, CA

When I used Canva to make both a resume and portfolio, I had a good experience. The templates are professional and there are people to help.