Proofratings Logo

Proofratings

LAST UPDATED: January 18th, 2022

Proofratings allows any company with a website to display customer ratings and reviews (from any site) on their site via widget.

BirdEye Logo
BirdEye chevron_right
Podium Logo
Podium chevron_right
SOCIALDEALER Logo
SOCIALDEALER chevron_right
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Connect with a Variety of Websites
  • Customizable Widgets
  • Automatically Updated

Connect with a Variety of Websites

Proofratings allows business owners to import their ratings/reviews from just about any platform that provides a star rating. This includes sites like Facebook, Trustpilot, Google, Angi, and more.

Customizable Widgets

There are several available widgets for business owners to use on their website(s). But Proofratings also allows companies to customize their widgets to better reflect their brand.

Automatically Updated

All of Proofratings widgets automatically update. This is to help ensure that your ratings are always accurate.

The Bad

• Refund Policy
  • Undisclosed Information

Refund Policy

Proofratings has a fairly strict refund policy, so it’s best to know all the terms and conditions before you sign for anything.

Proofratings makes it clear that refunds will not be given under the following circumstances:

• Clients don’t want it after they’ve purchased it
  • The item did not meet the client’s expectations or feel the item is of low quality
  • Clients simply change their mind
  • Clients bought an item by mistake
  • Clients do not have sufficient expertise to use the item
  • Clients claiming that they are entitled to a refund but do not provide adequate information as to why

There are no refunds after 14 days post-purchase.

Also, keep in mind that you must submit a refund request by emailing the company.

Undisclosed Information

There is a lot to be desired from Proofratings website. The company doesn’t provide detailed information regarding the process or contract lengths.

We know that the company states that it is effortless to sign up and start putting widgets on your website, but it would be nice if Proofratings gave a bit more detail than that. Unfortunately, its vagueness leaves consumers with a lot of questions: Do you offer a free trial? What kind of customer support do I receive after signing up? Can I cancel the service at any time?

Regarding the contract lengths, we assume Proofratings expects consumers to use the service for at least a year as the website gives the service packages pricing as a yearly rate. There is no information about whether you can pay month-to-month or if you would get a pro-rated refund if you choose to cancel.

The Bottom Line

If you want to include your star ratings from review sites, Proofratings may be the service for you. The company makes it easy to display ratings from popular sites such as Facebook, Trustpilot, Angi, and more. Unfortunately, there is a lot of information that is just vacant from the website, which causes us to hesitate to recommend the company fully.

5.0

Jamie Castalia, NC

Proofratings is probably one of the easiest plugins we ever installed. I tried to think of something that could use work but they really did a good job with it and figured out how to do things I didn't even think were possible. We have seen a huge increase in visitors mentioning our ratings and reputation to our sales reps. And I especially like how Proofratings is so transparent in their analytics where we can see in real-time the number of impressions, clicks, hovers, and even conversions so we know it's working. One conversion covers the entire years cost of this. It's amazing!

16 hours ago

Aniko Robbins Toronto, ON

We only installed Proofratings plugin a little over a month ago. And I have to admit I am very surprised at how many prospects call in and mention our ratings. I don’t know if it’s coincidental or not, but the stats the plugin provide show us that it’s the real deal. I should have added this sooner.

Yes Solar Solutions

Easiest thing I ever added to my website. But ended up being the most effect. Been using for a few months now and find the transparency extremely useful. Give it a go you won’t regret it.