RentRedi Logo

RentRedi

Founded in 2016, RentRedi is a comprehensive landlord tenant app and software that simplifies tasks in managing rental properties through features including mobile rent payments, tenant screening, maintenance management, and property listings. On average, RentRedi saves landlords eight hours per week and $141 in management fees per month per unit.

In addition to streamlining rental management for landlords, RentRedi also aims to improve the renting experience for tenants by providing one all-inclusive app for each step of the renting process from prequalifying for apartments and application submission to rent payments and maintenance requests. Tenants can also receive renter's insurance.

The Good

• Mobile Submitted Rent Payments
  • Simplified Tenant Prequalification and Application Process
  • Manage Maintenance Easier
  • Online Property Listings
  • E-Sign Leases
  • Unlimited Properties and No Contracts
  • Technical Support

Mobile Submitted Rent Payments

RentRedi streamlines rent collection through its no-stress payment feature. Tenants can pay rent, deposits, and fees through ACH and card payments at no expense to the landlord. Payment history is easily trackable through the ability to export data directly to spreadsheets, and Quickbooks Online, Desktop, or Pro. RentRedi also automates rent payment with automatic payments, receipts, and confirmations. Landlords can set auto-late fees with customizable recurring fee amounts.

Tenants can conveniently pay rent or make payments straight from their phone. RentRedi also enables partial payments. This may ease rental payments for tenants with roommates splitting the cost of rent. Tenants can avoid late payment fees through recurring rent reminders.

Simplified Tenant Prequalification and Application Process

Through RentRedi’s proprietary tenant prequalification, landlords save time sifting through applications or scheduling viewings of incompatible prospective tenants. RentRedi’s prequalification starts with a 10-question survey that gives the landlord upfront information about criminal history, financial information, guarantor income, pets, and smoking before prospective tenants are able to view or apply for the apartment.

Landlords can select better, high-quality tenants through RentRedi’s application and screening. In addition to a comprehensive application, tenants pay for further screening that includes a TransUnion credit score, criminal background check, employment history, and rental history. Applications can be electronically signed for further convenience to the tenant. RentRedi provides safe and secure storage for tenants' sensitive information from the prequalification and screening. Landlords can easily accept or reject applicants through one click on the app. Applications can be tracked and shared with a team.

Tenants save time and application fees by only being able to apply for apartments they prequalify for. The prequalification is auto-saved for a simplified application process. Tenants receive notifications through the app regarding landlord decisions.

Manage Maintenance Easier

Maintenance management through RentRedi keeps tenants, roommates, landlords, and maintenance personnel informed each step of the way through mobile maintenance requests. Tenants start by uploading a five-second video of the problem on the app. Landlords and management teams are automatically notified. The repairs request can be categorized by the landlord and the tenant and can be prioritized by the landlord. Tenants, landlords, and maintenance personnel receive status updates from beginning to end keeping all involved informed.

Online Property Listings

RentRedi simplifies property listings by listing properties on multiple real estate websites in one click. After formatting a listing with information such as monthly costs, amenities, and photos, landlords can simultaneously post the listing on Realtor.com, Doorsteps, Zillow, Trulia, HotPads, and RentRedi through one click.

E-Sign Leases

RentRedi enables real-time tracking for expiring leases in one convenient dashboard. Properties can be filtered to be viewed as vacant, occupied, and expiring. This enables landlords to have an overview of timing on property leases, which may help decrease downtime between tenants. In addition to being stored in the app for both landlord and tenant, leases can be stored or printed anywhere else.

With RentRedi's e-sign capabilities, you can send leases and be notified as soon as they've been signed. This also allows you to verify a tenant's identity, making the process much quicker and simpler.

Unlimited Properties and No Contracts

It is common to find real estate management software companies where charges increase based on the amount of rental properties. RentRedi’s monthly cost covers unlimited properties. Additionally, all team members accounts are free, as long as they are not managing their own properties.

RentRedi does not operate with contracts. Landlords can choose from three payment options: monthly, three-month, and annual. The monthly fee is $19.95  per month. If a landlord pays every three months, the fee is $15 per month, and if a landlord pays annually, the fee is $9 per month. A landlord saves $60 per year if they pay every three months and $132 per year if they pay annually. There are no contracts with RentRedi.

Technical Support

While rental management software companies offer differing levels of technical support, landlords can be assured that they will have support with RentRedi. Users can reach customer support through live chat, phone support, and email. RentRedi also offers product tours and live demos.

The Bad

• Monthly Fee
  • No Free Trial

Monthly Fee

Although the monthly fees for RentRedi are inexpensive, there is free rental management software available through other companies for landlords managing 75 properties or under. These free softwares may not have the same features RentRedi provides.

No Free Trial

RentRedi does not offer a free trial. The company offers a demo mode video in which prospective landlords can test the dashboard and features such as rent payment, tenant screening, prequalifications, and maintenance request on a fully set up sample account.

The Bottom Line

RentRedi offers a comprehensive app with features that streamline managing rental properties. For landlords who manage their rental properties on the side and need a streamlined process that will save them both time and money, RentRedi is a good option. Management personnel with growing real estate portfolios may also benefit from using RentRedi as the software includes unlimited tenants and units.

RentRedi does not provide a free trial. We recommend fully exploring the free demo and paying monthly to ensure the software is a good fit before purchasing longer plans. Although the company’s monthly fees are inexpensive, other rental management software companies provide free software to landlords with 75 or fewer rental properties. Prospective customers who manage 75 or fewer rental properties should determine which features that RentRedi provides are not included with the free software and evaluate if they justify the monthly fee.

Maria e Hernandez ,

RentRedi has made it easy for my tenants and for me as the bookkeeper and maintenance contact to be able to act on all the information.

Michelle Belmont Albuquerque, NM

Tenant here- I've been trying to set up a new payment method for three days now. Their customer service keeps giving me recycled/stock solutions, which I've already tried, and have sent screenshots as proof that they are not working. I was also told several times that I was being escalated for "help from a colleague" only to never hear back from them. Now I'm risking a late fee, and my only other option is to add a credit card for a ridiculous fee.

RentRedi Logo

Reply from RentRedi

Hi Michelle, First off, we want to extend our sincerest apologies that RentRedi hasn’t lived up to your expectations. We always appreciate hearing feedback from our customers, and thank you for bringing up your concerns! 🙏 RentRedi takes a lot of pride in our customers’ success, so we’ve notified our customer support team and they just sent you a message. We’d love the opportunity to help resolve the issue and make your experience with RentRedi better. Thank you again for this feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to let us know!

Feb. 4th, 2021

Tina Bryant ,

I can really say nothing but positive things about Rentredi. Anytime I have had a question I am able to speak with someone in no time and everyone is very knowledgeable about the site and what it has to offer and everyone has been nothing but polite. I have never had to deal with a robot, it has always been actual people and I LOVE IT. I love that I can screen through people just by sending them an email to the application and background check and they can upload documentation online. Another great point is that my tenants have a spot to pay online. I know I do just about all of my bills online and this just makes it easier for them and me!!

Naomi Nowland Nunica, MI

This is such a user-friendly program! RentRedi also was able to help me with a problem I had in under 3 minutes. I was shocked. They have a help button that is located on the bottom of the page and you can ask them a question or tell them your problem and they can then help you fix it.

David Pozzo St Louis, MO

By far the best bang for the buck. It makes managing properties a breeze at a much cheaper price than comparable software.

Justin Hansen Aurora, CO

Amazing customer service, extremely easy to work with! The live chat function is smooth and the customer service agents are quickly able to view your issue and resolve real time.

T. Tyler Bond American Fork, UT

So far after using RentRedi for a couple months, I have been quite impressed with the system. It was fairly easy to list a property, get applications, background checks, and establish tenants. If there is anything that is not intuitive, the support team has been phenomenal! Very quick to respond and work with the end users to correct any issues (tenant or landlord side of things). They also have created a ton of videos and walkthroughs that are super helpful when setting things up. The only things stopping me from giving 5 stars are 1) I wish there was an in-app way to communicate and chat with tenants. So far they give you the tenant's phone number and email and say to follow up with the tenants using that information. To keep my privacy, it would be much preferred to have an in-app chat feature with your tenants. 2) Having multiple roommates or tenants in a single property is not super easy to split up charges between everyone. There are a couple of work arounds but require extra work on the landlord's end. I guess these two things bug me the most since the platform I was using previously had these other features. Otherwise, love RentRedi so far. Hopefully the continue making improvements.

Bart Bachrach Knoxville, TN

When I first got it there was a slight learning curve but its easy to learn and bank transfers are fast! I highly recommend this platform and can’t wait to see what’s in store in the future of RentRedi!

Brian Blasius Durant, IA

Rentredi is easy to use, and covers most of what I need from this type of software.

Jeff Petersen McKinney, TX

Pretty good. A little clunky setting up the payment side of things... I had to send documentation to allow for the acceptance of payments... maybe have a page that outlines this... Other than that it has been great.

Leah Dallas, TX

Great platform. They were very helpful with setting me up and answered all my questions. My tenants gave me great feed back. It is very simple and easy to use. Thank you RentRedi!

Sam Brown St Louis, MO

Was a little tricky to get setup and started but once i got familiar with its navigation things worked out. I love the ease and simplicity of being able to receive payment from my tenants and the flexibility of structuring late fees scheduling payments. Just wish the turn around was a little quicker on receiving payments! Your normally looking at 2-5 business days. However the staff and their response time is excellent and very tentative to your questions, a BIG plus. This is was a huge plus for me....

Rod Houston, TX

RentRedi has all of the tools I need as a small landlord to manage tenants and maintenance. The website and mobile app are easy to use and allow me to keep pertinent information on all of our properties in my pocket or on the desktop. It is great product and terrific value for the money so far and I am looking forward to seeing it grow.

Leo New York, NY

I have been using Rentredi for a couple of months now and so far its been great. I love that they are willing to take input from LL on how they can better their software to accommodate the LL needs. They are always evolving to the modern renter which makes the app user friendly to the newer generation. There support staff and co founder have been by far the best customer service I have ever experienced. Also love the feature to play with the system in safe mode so ai can show people hos to use the system with out altering my active info. Video clips tenents can send of repairs is a very cool feature. The ability to send tenants notifications both standard and custom is cool. When you compare the price you pay for the service you get which is similarto larger PM software... Price Less.

Amanda Trudell Whitinsville, MA

Rent Redi customer service is unlike any other. I have been in federal and private management over 12 years now. I have worked with a number of softwares and none have the customer service that Rent Redi has. I think their reporting feature is a bit more difficult to navigate BUT I know that they are working on that. Their "easy to use" software is AMAZING for tenants and the app works wonderfully. I look forward to rolling this out at all of my properties as I initially did a test run at only one. Thank you Rent Redi Team!