Sixt Rent A Car Logo

Sixt Rent A Car

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

7.6

Manuel Toronto, ON

I usually rent from Sixt or Hertz. We had a European trip planed and we had prepaid Sixt and hertz for our rental cars in different countries. Hertz reimbursed me 100% due to Covid19 and Sixt couldn’t care less that I was a loyal customer and didn’t reimburse me. Guess from now on it will be always Hertz, even if I have to pay double.

LLM1965Canada Windsor, ON

SIXT car rental is horrible. I prepaid for a car in Phoenix in May. I’m Canadian. Border is closed. Covid19 pandemic. Can’t cancel without hefty penalty. Pissed I prepaid. SIXT is horrible and I will never book them again. I will shout from the rooftops, AVOID SIXT!

CWN 175 Chelsea, MI

I made a reservation for a van to take the family on a spring break trip. I am a firefighter and my brother is a Police Officer. Due to Covid-19 we have been ordered to stay in the State and CANNOT travel. Sixt REFUSES to refund us for the rental. Horrible company.

DarGaff Glen Cove, NY

We rented a car in Florence. Returning the car was a nightmare-no signs to do so or people to ask. We received 5 tickets for driving in TLZ roads EVEN though we followed the GPS exclusively. Fees for each ticket is approx. $40 each. We asked for some consideration and just get more emails demanding the money.

aks Wilmington, NC

Rented at OGG (Maui, HI) through Hotwire. Charged a two week rental, for the requested dates 12-23 January 2020. Was told that there was no additional charges. However, company came back later and charge twice the daily rate because I as told that I was 3 hours past my 23 January turn in. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

steve pavlak Youngstown, OH

I would give it a zero if I could. Fort Lauderdale experience horrible. Upon return they started taking photos of my vehicle. I did not do any damage and they state there is from their records. If they bill my insurance I will sue them.

Maria Soboleva New York, NY

STAY AWAY FROM THIS RENTAL! they will scam you with a fraudulent claim after you return the car! Read reviews carefully!! Two weeks after I returned the car at Miami airport I received $910 claim with a FAKE damage report! (THEY FORGED MY SIGNATURE!)

ROBO HANDLE Schaumburg, IL

This rental car company is the [email protected]#$ worst company to deal with. Do not ever rent anything from this company. They will rip you off until you are broke!!! The way they make money is putting faults claim on you and then charge you for it. Unbelievable these thrives are not arrested for stealing your money!!! Never do business with these people!!!

Ijo thecat Frederick, MD

Worst company ever. Don’t rent from these scammers. I had to wait more than an hour for pick up and then they didn’t have the car I reserved so I got a “nice” upgrade to a luxury car with an extra $400 in insurance payment. Never again!

mrnutthead Sparta, WI

By far one of the worst low budget services I’ve seen. Customer Service reps are rude. The company has very limited customer service hours and the associates are not knowledgeable. Do yourself a favor and go with the bugger names. I had service in the DFW area last month.

Andrijana B.Gjurovikj

A problematic company. We were charged twice and it takes me ow more than 3 days to see and communicate what happened. Save yourself time and do not use their services. I do not think they will exist. I did not read any reviews about them prior to using them. i should have.

Evan Kotsovinos New York, NY

Absolute fraud. Their office told me to call their line to cancel, I did so, and they asked me to email. By the time I emailed they told me it was too late to cancel and refused to refund. I am disputing through my credit card company. Disgusting service and will never use again.

Frank Palatine, IL

This company is a joke. Returned our car they found a littlest tiniest scratch and Are trying to charge me $500 for it. Unreal. I rented at Tampa Airport. The guy literally told me don’t worry about it the insurance companies pay for it anyway.

Daryl

Rented in Amsterdam. Car had A LOT of minor damage documented on the contract. When we returned the car we did a walk around with the attendant and all was fine. A week later I get a notice for damages that were there when we first rented the car. Totally Bogus! Stay away from this company!!

Aida Mountain View, CA

Horrible customer service and their app. I booked it on my name and asked to change to my husband’s name when we actually arrived at the rental. We wanted to have one driver and they said they can’t change the name! Therefore they charged us money for an extra driver.

Susan

Stay away from this car rental company! We will never rent a car from this company again. Several day after we returned the car at Philadelphia airport SIXT, we received an email asking us to fill out a damage claim form for two scratches that have mentioned on the car rental contract when we pickup the car.

Jack Bloomfield Hills, MI

Absolutely the worst, crooked rental car company in the world! They are dishonest and tried to charge us with much more money than what was agreed on rental agreement. STAY AWAY, they are crooks and should be out of business!!

john j

Car renters beware ............. Having booked the rental for 2.5 days and under the sixt current TV ad I was Horrified at the additional costs involved, the car was great, staff very welcoming, but the way you rack up the costs is criminal.it almost tripled the costs I will never use Sixt again

John Sweeney

Unreliable and a big problem trying to get through on the telephone. After speaking to 4 people who were unable to do anything. I was told to read the small print in the contract. So read my big print you are RUBBISH! never again.

Seth Roby Indianapolis, IN

Very poor service. If you willing to pay for previous damages, then this is your place, otherwise go elsewhere. Just rented a van from here, and was told there was damage on the luggage rack after returning. Never even used it, and have no way to if I wanted. They immediately asked about it upon returning, very shady business here.

Jim Louisville, OH

Rented a vehicle in Croatia and turned it in when the office was closed. Returned home and never received an invoice. When I emailed to get a copy there were unauthorized upgrade charges on my bill. I filed a complaint and was basically told too bad. I will not use them again.

Mary speyer Washington, DC

The worst service of any car rental company I have ever seen. Long lines averaging 15 minutes per transaction and no sense of how inconvenient it is for customers to wait 2 hours to get a car. San Francisco is the worst Sixt in the country!

Roberto Ruini North Miami Beach, FL

They have a very bad service, specialty at the Aventura location on Dixl hwy. I arrived to pick the car and they didn’t have any car available, they just cancelled my reservation without any notice. They offer me another car in another locali it far from there and paying much more. I will never use them again

Daniel Cedar Rapids, IA

My flight got delayed until after midnight, which is when they close. I was not able to pick up the rental car that night which I had reserved and had to book with another company last second. They were unable to render services they had sold me, yet refused to provide a refund. This company can not be trusted.

Douglas Kennedy Cheshire, CT

One of the worst experiences I’ve had trying to rent a car. After waiting 30 minutes in line (there were 4 people ahead of me), they didn’t have the car I had reserved. Or a similar car. They weren’t even sure what car they did have. I cancelled, went to Hertz and rented what I wanted quickly.

Ronn Kilby El Cajon, CA

Oh my God please stay away from these people. Never ever have I experienced such shady business practices. I'd go into detail but it would just make my blood boil to recount the nightmare. In brief: Vehicle safety issues. Rudeness. Total disregard for helping customer in emergency.

Ednah KING

Last week I rented a car for 2 days from Sixt. The manager at Indy airport is refusing to return $100 off of My deposit in bogus fees. It took Me one week for Him to accept My call. They downgraded My rental and now stealing. They need to be stopped.

Roman Christiansen Pleasant Grove, UT

When I was in need of a rental car I used Sixt Rent a Car and it was an amazing experience! The car I used was very nice!

LAURI J CLARK Lindon, UT

We have used Sixt a couple of times when we have traveled to Orlando. The vehicles have been great. I have not enjoyed the challenges to get to the rental site and the facility seems very small. The cars are great!

gayana innocent Deerfield Beach, FL

Love Love Love Sixt. I rented a car for senior prom pictures and it was very nice.

harish

Not sure why they are inbussoness almost imposspible to contact. Someone need to review there cancellation policy. Why it cost more than actual rental charge? still it is ok...

Kenneth Fort Myers, FL

I wish I could give less then one star. Beware of there tactics. Do not rent from these people. If you do you better check the car from top to bottom. Because if you don't they will make a claim against you. HORRIBLE!!

Citydude Peoria, IL

do not rent anything from these scam artist. wife and I were researching good deals on car rentals. looked like a good deal wasn't . immediately canceled. they charge us the full amount.

Scott Cheatham Alpena, MI

Stay away from Sixt. The cars are ok, but the lies and hidden fees will eat you alive. They lie...price quotes will lure you in. We used them in Atlanta GA. The staff at the desk...just pure garbage!

Ellen Morris Potomac, MD

I found Sixt Rent a Car to be unreliable and a bit sketchy. I did not feel like the process of renting it was as clean and seamless as it has been with other car rentals.

Jeremias Sanchez Lorain, OH

They only refunded $57 out of a $204 car rental. Won't ever do business with Sixt again. No compassion towards those affected by the Coronavirus pandemic.

Dores Thornhill, ON

Worse car rental i ever experience! From the customer service in Lisbon to the return at Porto. Don’t rent from them you will also get surprise charges on your credit card

John Kearns Wantagh, NY

Terrible customer service. Agents do not explain what you are signing for got billed for insurance I didn't want. First time renting from them will be my last.

Patry Dayton, OH

It’s incredible that in these times there can exist such bad customer service. And to make matters worse, their excuses are childish

Krystyna

Worse rental company ever. Dishonest !!!! I hope that my review saves somebody from the horrible experience we had with this company.

K Bjorn North Pole, AK

Very bad experience my first and last time using sixt. I was charged for pre-existing damage. I will never use this company again.

Tsitsi

They're scammers, very unethical practice. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SIXT, SAVE YOURSELF FROM DISAPPOINTMENT AND HEADACHES.

Xcraft Llc Altoona, AL

Useless cancellation policy. Expect your money to be gone as soon as you reserve a car no matter what.

Stephanie Enfield, CT

I rented a car online for a week. Ended up being charged almost double! Ridiculous charges that they will not refund.

Alex Phoenix, AZ

Do not use them under any circumstances. left me with no car at midnight in FLL. Was treated extremely poorly.

BARRY DIXON Baltimore, MD

how is it possible that Sixt does not have a location at BWI airport (Baltimore) or even in Washington DC?

Brian Berdon Smithtown, NY

STAY AWAY. I rented from them 5 months ago then I an billed for fake damages months later

Martym Spokane, WA

Poor corporate customer service. No heart. Unethical cancellation fees

Jackie Houston, TX

They will charge you for damages you didn't do. And there's no way around it.