SIXT started out with three locations and grew into an international company with locations throughout the United States. Currently, the company is present in 105 countries across the globe with over 2,000 branch locations. SIXT purchases more than 200,000 vehicles annually and owns the world's largest fleet of premium German cars.

The Good

• Vehicle Types
  • Price Range
  • Toll Prepay Option
  • Online Check-In

Vehicle Types

The SIXT vehicle fleet hosts models from German favorites like BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi. Vehicle types include:

• Convertibles
  • Luxury cars
  • Minivans
  • SUVs
  • Passenger vans

Price Range

SIXT offers vehicles ranging in average prices in the car rental industry. While the prices are not necessarily low, SIXT's car selection is of a higher quality than many economy budget car rentals. The car make and models are newer and more modern so if that is important to you then the average cost is more than worth paying. Regardless of the price listed for a car, though, SIXT boasts a Best Price Guarantee.

Toll Prepay Option

A very convenient feature is the ability to order toll passes through the company's website. Having a toll pass makes your commute easier when you travel. This comes as part of the online check-in.

Online Check-In

You can check in your car from SIXT's website instead of the rental counter using one of two options: the online check-in portal via the website or the on-site terminal. After you sign in and check in with your reservation number, you go to SIXT's express counter and swap your signature for the car keys. For the terminal option, follow these steps:

1. Insert your Sixt Express Card or credit card into the terminal.
  2. The terminal detects your card automatically and shows you the reservation. You also have the option of booking extras at this point, such as winter tires.
  3. Select your car out of three vehicle options.
  4. Confirm the booking details and print your rental agreement.
  5. Open the safe and take the vehicle keys.

This makes checking in easy and fast and eliminates the issue of long lines that you get with other car rental companies.

The Bad

• Limited U.S. Availability
  • No Instant Return
  • No On-Site Fuel Discount

Limited U.S. Availability

SIXT has rental car locations in 15 states, so your options are limited in the United States. Sixt has rental counters at some major airports throughout North America, but not as many as some competitors. For instance, most rental companies have counters at JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark airports in the New York City area and SIXT does not. On the plus side, SIXT is worldwide, so it is likely to cover your international travel needs.

No Instant Return

SIXT lacks an instant return option where you can leave the car with the keys inside. You must return the vehicle to a rental office (or other identified location) on the date and time specified in your rental agreement.

No On-Site Fuel Discount

SIXT does not offer discounts for fueling your vehicle on-site. If a customer returns the car low on gas, SIXT charges a $50 fee.

The Bottom Line

If you're itching to try out a new or luxury car, look no further than SIXT. With quick check-in, no hidden costs, and free cancellation, SIXT is all about convenience. However, the company is not readily available throughout North America, especially in smaller states and cities.

1.3

Stan Lin
March 20th, 2019 Anaheim, CA DETAILS

CAUTION! Stay away from Sixt!!! This was my first (and LAST) experience with Sixt and I thought I could at least do my part in informing others before they trust this company. 1) Upon picking up the car, we were told to look around the car ourselves and that we would have to file a report to their company if we were to find anything, which is out of the ordinary and shouldn't be our responsibility. Sixt should be responsible of filing that information if anything was found. 2) The car was dirty to begin with so it was difficult to see if there were any damages. 3) They offered insurance in the amount of 900euros which we declined. I've had many experiences with rental companies and they never presented the car insurance in this way. 4) When we returned the car it was early in the morning so nobody was there to check. 5) 2 days later, they sent a damage report with really bad bumper damage on both sides, which was impossible that it had been from my driving. 6) They said the repair would cost 908.55euros (suspiciously close to the insurance amount offered???) 7) I refused to pay as I was sure the damage was not caused by me, and they've been sending collection agents after me since then. DO NOT RENT CARS FROM SIXT!!!!!

ANNOYEDCONSUMER
March 7th, 2019 Pompano Beach, FL DETAILS

DON'T DO IT! I booked a car to rent from them in Januray for April. After reading horrible reviews, I decided to cancel the trip less than 24 hours after booking. I asked for a refund and was denied. I went to my bank and disputed the charged, after week my bank comes back and denies the charge back. Then I reached out to Sixt again and finally got a refund. BUT IT DIDN'T STOP THERE! Now Sixt is saying I owe them almost $200 for renting a car. They are explaining that the "charge back was not in our favor" and want me to pay. ONE I DIDN'T RENT A CAR AND TWO WHEN I CALLED MY BACK THEY SAID THE FUNDS WERE NOT PULLED. SCAM COMPANY! STAY AWAY!

Robert Walker
February 27th, 2019 Boerne, TX DETAILS

I booked a car rental with Sixt at the Phoenix Sky Harbor airport in advance of a vacation to Scottsdale. Upon arrival at the airport we realized we had too many bags (bulky golf clubs) to easily access the rental shuttle and thus I left my wife with most bags at the terminal while I took golf clubs and took the shuttle to the rental center and then drove back to pick up my wife. Unfortunately, I left the copy of my rental agreement in a bag with my wife but the agent was able to pull it up on his computer. I remembered ballpark numbers regarding the rental with the base price of $315 and taxes and fees taking the total up to just over $450. The car I had reserved was a Mercedes Gla or equivalent. While the agent did not specifically say there were none of that category available, he asked what type car I wanted. I said I didn't have a specific vehicle in mind and to be honest could not remember exactly what Mercedes model was listed and shown on my reservation. He turned the computer monitor around for me to see and first pulled up a Volvo station wagon to which I showed no interest. He then pulled up a Mercedes E300 and asked if that was ok and I said yes, it would. He did not make it clear it would be an upgrade and thus more expensive. He mentioned I had booked a base rate of $315 (plus change) and then said he could give me a first time renter's discount and AAA discount which yielded a rate of $216 plus tax and fees. It was not explained to me this was in addition to the amount of my reservation. The contract I eventually got a copy of did list it as an upgrade choice with the new charges as additional charges. However, there was nothing provided in print or shown to me on a monitor that included that information. All I saw on the little electronic pad that I signed on was a line for my signature. Now, I know it is my responsibility to be aware of what I am signing whether the electronic pad on which I am signing is displaying all the details or not. I did not know I could scroll back on the pad to see all the other information but I don't know that I would have even had I known, based on what I thought I understood from the way presented by the agent. Perhaps in the back of my mind I was rushed to get back and pick up my wife and bags and was not as attentive as I should have been. I do not think the agent was trying to take advantage of me or screw me. He was a very nice man and I would gladly deal with him again. Even if he never mentioned everything was additional charges, I should have inquired and read in detail what I was signing. Once I realized the total charges was almost $750 instead of just over $450, I was very disappointed. I contacted Sixt customer service and presented the information I have detailed here and after a brief investigation on their end got back to me. They did not want to have a very unhappy first time customer and made a one time exception as a good will gesture and credited me the additional charges. When I first made my reservation online, I was impressed with Sixt competitive rates although they deal with a higher class vehicles. I will definitely rent with them again, but I will also do my due diligence to make sure I fully understand every aspect of the rental and the associated costs. I highly recommend Sixt due to their excellent customer service, and their higher class vehicles at reasonable rates.

Mark Pettican
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

I have only given sixt one star simply because there is no minus option. you don't get what you've booked and paid for even when I phoned 4 weeks before the hire to confirm. when i asked why i wasn't getting what i booked 6 months before i was told the vehicle type was not available the young lady was embarrassed, but her manager made sure i did not receive what i had book and proceeded to tell me a pack of lies. this start our US road trip on a sour note. over the next 10 years we intend covering every state in the US so many road trips to go, but I WILL NEVER hire another vehicle from sixt and i will personally go out of my way to tell whoever wants to listen NOT to hire from sixt. My last advice is not to bother wasting time calling sixt to complain as they have the cold shoulder routine of to an art so don't waste your time or money. lastly sixt if you do not like what i have to say my name is Mark Pettican and i picked up a vehicle from you in Atlanta Dec 28th 2018. I will be more than happy to express my disappointment in coming across your company and some NOT all it your rude staff

Gladys Clark
February 15th, 2019 Kingston, NH DETAILS

Back in December on our vaction, SIXT debited both our Credit Card and Bank Card for a rental. Once we noticed it they claim they had credited our Credit Card. The Card # they claim they credited was not ours. After a month of fighting, our Credit Card company investigated and had them credit us. A month after they debited our Bank Card for $30. for tolls, which totaled 11.60. Fine, I had had enough of talking with them. NOW 2 months later, another $11.60 and they won't talk to me, only my husband. No email, no invoice, just another debit! We have rented from them for years......NO MORE!

Linds B
January 29th, 2019

Horrible. We were going to rent a car in Mexico City at the airport to traverse outside the city to historic cites. Cheap reservation rate, however, we were expected to pay a $1000 USD deposit for our rental - which is exorbitant by any standard (and my husband and I have rented A LOT of cars in our travels). I am not sure why they would be advocated for by large travel sites like expedia with such a terrible rating. Further, they did not even have the ability to process our credit card on site (which seemed odd and slightly strange). We could not pick up our car as we simply didn't have $1000 USD (or more like $1300 CAD) to spare/hold for this reservation. Looks like we lost our deposit/reservation fee (lucky for Sixt - they get to make money without actually doing anything...good scam) I would NEVER recommend this car rental agency to anyone or even think of renting with them in the future...I would sooner ride of the back of a donkey, saving time and money.

Jason
January 25th, 2019 Erie, PA DETAILS

After booking a flight with a rental I was told the day of pick up that there would be an additional charge for the rental car which I wasn't told about before. After dropping off the car if there was no problems and then all of a sudden two weeks later I get this random charge for a couple hundred dollars will never use this company again and do not recommend it to anyone.

Jenna Schweigert
January 23rd, 2019 Sainte Genevieve, MO DETAILS

HORRIBLE service. We prepaid for a front wheel drive vehicle, as we were heading into the mountains of Colorado during the peak of the winter season with snow storms predicted. They gave us a Chrysler 300 and the employee told us it was all wheel drive with weather sensors and controls. She said she had a Chrysler 300 as well, and that they are the best in bad weather. We trusted her word (shame on us - cant trust anyone these days) and that fact that we prepaid for at least a front wheel drive vehicle. We drove out to Winter Park, and the next morning our vehicle got stuck while trying to back up on snow. We ran the VIN# through Chrysler's website and sure enough, the vehicle was rear wheel drive only. There are some 300 models that have all wheel drive, but this model was not one of them. We contacted Sixt that morning and didn't hear back until 6 pm with a voicemail saying they would give us 15% off and that we didn't have to fill up the gas tank at arrival. Not helpful to our situation as we were heading even further into the mountains and winter storm the next day. We ended up having to rent from a local car rental place, and luckily the owner of that company was sooo incredibly nice. She drove 40 mins in the snow to give us keys to an all wheel drive vehicle that we used the remainder of our trip. We let the Sixt vehicle sit (using hardly any gas). We did have to pay for the new rental of course, so after our trip was over we contacted Sixt again to see if we could have an additional refund to cover the out of pocket we spent on the second rental. We never got a response from them, and today we saw the 15% refund. I'm furious with the company who lied to us, put our lives in danger driving in the mountains on ice and snow while we still believed the vehicle had all wheel drive, and who won't acknowledge their mistake with a more reasonable solution. We will never recommend this place, we will avoid this company entirely in the future. Pay the extra and go with a more reputable company. Believe the poor reviews you read about this place and go elsewhere. I have never left bad reviews for any company before but this place warrants it.

Alex S
January 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

This company is slimy. We rented a car back in September for our trip and had a large credit card charge from them in December randomly without warning, communication, or reason. This is dispute and invoice showing the clear charge amount and the car assessment on drop off showing no damage!! When buying insurance through Expedia, they said they do not accept it and they will need a 2k pre-authorization unless you buy thier insurance. Do not trust this company they will milk as much money as they can out of your credit card.

Mehrdad N
December 5th, 2018 Tustin, CA DETAILS

Horrible company. Don't even go near them. We rented a premium/luxury car from them. picked up from Munich airport on Oct. 22, 2018 and dropped off on Oct. 31, 2018. During this trip we just passed through Austria, drove to Verona, Siena, Florence, Venice, in Italy and passed through Austria again and visited few places in Germany until we returned. Pick up process was horrible. There was a huge line at check in counter. Luckily, I had provided all needed information via web checkin and could skip waiting in line just to check in. But after that, there was another huge line to pick a vehicle and get the keys. Ridiculous process. We picked up a BMW i530, fully loaded. Nice car. On our way to Italy, we had to stop at a toll station in Austria and pay a bit less than 10 euro toll. There were tolls in Italy too (i.e. Austrian border to Verona ~ 23 euro). The same process on the way back to Germany on Oct. 26. We paid Italy toll (Venice to Austrian border ~ 26 euro) and for passing through Austria from Italy to Germany ( ~ 9.5 euro). Returning the rental car process was a bit better. However, they don't inspect the car while you are there claiming that they are backed up. They want you to leave the keys and just leave. So you are not sure if they will charge you for anything until later. On Nov. 28, 2018, I received an email from Sixt (fines division) that they have charged my credit card for a fine plus 25 euro processing fee for the total of 145 euro. They attached a copy of the fine but they did not explain what it was for! It was all in German but I could see it was from Austria!! I sent it to my friends in Germany and they replied back explaining that the fine was not any speeding or moving violation. It was issued because we did not have a sticker/permit to drive in Austria. Evidently, all cars, even those passing through Austria need to have a permit. Sixt calls it Toll which is absolutely incorrect. It's not a toll. We paid the toll at toll stations. It is a permit which can be bought for 1 day or annually! People stop at gas stations in Germany or Italy before entering Austria to buy this (what I was told). So, as tourists we had no clue. They did not even say a word to us at the toll stations in Austria neither. This is an Austrian government scam to steal money from travelers! Well, Sixt is in it with them too. They said nothing about this and they call it a toll just to make it look like you are responsible for it. It is a permit and should be purchased by the registered owner! At least, they could mention something about it in many pages of rules and regulations they sent to me with the contract. Sixt included info about what zones and countries and what classes of vehicles could be driven where, all other details but nothing about having to purchase a sticker from a darn gas stations before entering Austria. They claim it is posted on the road IN GERMAN! They make processing fees out of your pocket on something that they are responsible for as the registered owner. Bunch of THIEVES! Plus, Sixt has no right to pay a fine on my behalf. They can forward the fine to me and I deal with the issuing agency. The fine should be dealt with by myself if it is in fact my fine. I should be given a chance to fight/dispute it. Also, Sixt MUST provide a proof of payment if they actually paid the fine. They can’t just charge me and claim that they paid it! I emphasize again that as registered owner, Sixt is directly responsible for this permit and any fines that lack of having it may cause. Or at least, they must inform customers of this and include information about this permit in the contract. I am a Hertz Five Star member. I should have never gone close to Sixt just to save a few euros. Be careful everyone. Stay away from Sixt!

Kristina Phillippe
November 27th, 2018 Porter, TX DETAILS

If I could give ZERO stars, I would. I am starting to think this company is a huge SCAM. First of all, you cannot speak to anyone to resolve issues. We had the EXACT same experience as everyone else leaving reviews about the unknown huge deposit and being told your car was brand new, yet finding issues with them. So, we paid it, because you have no choice once they have you in that vulnerable position at the counter, after waiting for 30+ minutes in line. Our issue has started now that it's time to charge us for our rental. As of yesterday, they charged my card TWICE for the same amount and same transaction. I call the number to the Denver office and explain the issue. The girl tells me she only shows ONE charge and I need to email customer service with screenshots and they will reach out by email when there is resolution. Well, I wake up today and check my Capitol One account and there is a THIRD CHARGE for the same transaction and same amount with yesterday's date. So, of course I screenshot and email again with no way to speak to an actual person. I guess I am going to have to call Capital One and file fraudulent charges on them if they aren't going to rectify the situation. I do not recommend this company at all, regardless of how nice the vehicles they rent are. My husband travels Monday-Friday every single week and he deals with rental car companies constantly but we thought we'd try this company because it rented such nice vehicles at such a reasonable rate. Well, the old cliche of you get what you pay for is seriously at play with this company. It's starting to appear that they have this fleet of expensive vehicles to rent at a lower cost because they are literally stealing money out of people's credit card accounts. COME ON SIXT...really? **EDIT** The VERY next day I checked my account to see if the charges had been removed and guess what? They charged my card a THIRD time for the same transaction and still have not responded. I called my credit card company to dispute the charges. RUN AWAY FROM SIXT RENT A CAR. THEY ARE THIEVES. **SECOND EDIT 11/21/18** Someone finally responded day before yesterday via email and, of course, apologized. As of today, I check my statement and only ONE of the TWO duplicate charges has been removed. There is still an extra charge for the same amount on my credit card. I never imagined dealing with a car rental company would be so difficult. BE VERY CAUTIOUS BEFORE CHOOSING TO DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET IT BACK. It's been over a week and I STILL do not have all of money back.

Ryan Adlao
November 16th, 2018 Tacoma, WA DETAILS

Beware I rented a car in Orlando with Sixt thru Expedia package including the insurance but they still insisted to have me get their roadside assistance even though we have AAA membership roadside assistance my first quote was $99 for 5 days upon signing the contract after returning the vehicle they charged me for six days. Asked and emailed the customer service center and only got the “I’m sorry we can’t get the charge out” letter. I wouldn’t recommend this company with their shady business

Phil
October 15th, 2018 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Ladies and gentlemen, beware! I recently rented from SixT in Keflavik and am fortunate to still be wearing my shirt. Believe me when I write, this disorganized rental car company is out to belittle you and swindle you in the worst way possible. My girlfriend and I were exhausted after our eight-hour journey from the States to Iceland. When we arrived, we took our number (411) and noticed a sign on the wall with SixT wifi network name and password. We took a seat. The next number to be called was 303. ****. The wifi network did not work. ****. After biding our time, they finally my number, and I walked up to the desk where I met the SixT attendant. She stated that we would have to pay somewhere around 500 euro for the car. This was my second time to Europe, so I asked her simply for the euro to dollar conversion. She said, “look it up yourself.” I explained to her that the wifi network did not work. Then she grabbed a rock from her desk, which had a different wifi network name and password underneath. I attempted this access this network with no success and explained this to the attendant. This time she said, “well, I guess you’ll have to look it up when you go home.” I noticed that she was texting someone on her phone as she was talking to me and couldn’t help but wonder why she could not simply look up the conversion from euros to dollars, so that I could calculate how much I would pay for my rental vehicle. After asking around, someone finally told me the conversion. Given the dearth of cars in Keflavik, I had no choice – I unfortunately had to rent from SixT. My girlfriend and I went out to examine the car. There was damage to the underside of the bumper of the vehicle (by the way, this is damage that anyone could have easily missed). We tried to show the attendant this damage, but she simply blew us off and told us to take pictures. She did not bother to inspect the car. Let this be a lesson to everyone, always take copious pictures of the car you are renting, particularly if you make the mistake of renting from SixT like I did. This becomes particularly important later in my story. Fast forward 5 days. My girlfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our trip to Iceland; everyone, not at SixT rental car company was so kind to us. We drove back to SixT to return our car. There was the same attendant, who will enter back into the story soon. At first, we returned our car with another attendant. He inspected the vehicle and pointed out the damage to the underside of the bumper. Had it not been for the pictures we took, I swear these guys would have charged us for a new car. Be careful people. This attendant told us that I signed a contract for limited mileage of 600 kilometers or something - the original attendant never explained this policy at all, and she very well may have pulled 600 kilometers out of thin air when she put it in the policy. We, of course, drove way more than this, and so the new attendant brought the original attendant over to reconcile this issue. We pointed out that she never explained this policy to us and that she never explained the costs associated with limited mileage vs. unlimited mileage. To this the original attendant said, “I did; I never miss this; it’s his word against mine. No one else was around.” At this point, I asked for the manager. The manager came over; the new attendant left; and now we were talking to the original attendant and manager. The manager first said that we would have to pay for the excess mileage in our limited mileage policy. We told him that nothing was explained to us; from the beginning, we were blown off. Had we known that there was a limited mileage policy, we obviously would have taken pictures of the odometer before driving the car. By the way, if you do rent a car, make sure you do this. The original attendant did not even inspect the car with us and could have written any mileage she wanted to on the contract. After we explained this to him, he said to charge us under the unlimited mileage policy. None of these policies were explained at all to me when I rented the car, but under the unlimited mileage policy, I was asked to pay 100 something euros vs. 300 euros in the limited mileage policy. As all of this was being settled, the original attendant told me multiple times that “I could complain” and “get her fired.” I know that I can complain – hence this review – but I have no intention of getting anyone fired, and I did not appreciate at all being made to feel that my discontent with how I was handled would result someone’s job loss. So now I will summarize SixT rental car company for you using six words: disorganized, condescending, unhelpful, negligent, chaotic, dishonest. Best wishes on your future travel. Do not let these types of experiences, should you have them, color your journey.

Tim Griffin
August 28th, 2018 Somerville, MA DETAILS

They weren't explicit about how the toll road system worked in the Tampa Bay area. Basically, there is an administrative fee for using toll roads that has been passed on to the consumer because there is no option for renta car users to pay tolls directly or pay-by-plate directly. In order to use toll roads I needed to pay an $8.99 per day fee on top of the actually toll. That's complete BS and exploits the consumer. Also, had a random fee show up on my bill: "AP Concession Recovery Fee 10.00 - 24.01 USD" So I ended up paying $112 above the prepaid total for a 5 day rental.

LAURI J CLARK
August 28th, 2018 Lindon, UT

We have used Sixt a couple of times when we have traveled to Orlando. The vehicles have been great. I have not enjoyed the challenges to get to the rental site and the facility seems very small. The cars are great!

J Paul Wright
August 27th, 2018 Central, UT

I rented a car with SIXT in Florida and another time in Austria. For a foreign rental, they were great to work with. The Pick up and drop off were very easy and they , by far, had the best price since we were renting for 3 weeks. In Florida, the upgrade was nice, but because it was a luxury style upgrade, they wouldn't accept my insurance or my AMEX to cover the car, so I was almost forced into buying their coverage. If not for the upgrade, it would have been fine.

Joanna Hester
June 20th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

When I was searching for a rental car, I found a great price on Sixt. However, I was reluctant because I had never heard of them before. I decided to give it a try and got a full size car at a great rate. Their kiosk was a little hard to find at the airport rental car facility, but was well worth it.

SERGIO LOPEZ
April 16th, 2018 DETAILS

BEING A SIXT EXPRESS MEMBER ,I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT I WOULD BE TREATED DIFFERENTLY NO WAY I HAVE RENTED ON 4 DIFFERENT Occasions w/o GETING THE CAR TYPE DESPITE HAVING EMAILS OFFERS FOR THESE CARS RENTED MERCEDES IN DALLAS NEVER AVAILABLE ALWAYS GOT THE VOLVO!! MANY PROBLEMS WITH STAFF.NOT RECOMENDED.

Kerry Constantine
March 26th, 2018 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

On a Saturday night in February 2018 we rented a car in San Francisco and drove about 2 hours north. On Sunday morning we got a flat tire and called Sixt and they sent Chevy roadside assistance to change the tire. Unfortunately the car only had a donut, the tire was not repairable and there was no way it would make it back to San Francisco with the donut so we were told to replace the tire and save the receipt and we would be reimbursed. Of course that never happened and we have spoken to countless staff. My recommendation is to rent from another company with more locations and one that will actually help you in there is car trouble. You don't want to be stuck funding this company's repair bills.

Allen Bronson
December 18th, 2017 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS

They were quick to check in and get a car. It was an easy process. The employee was friendly and helpful. It was harder and more time consuming to check the car back in. I had to wait 20 or 30 minutes just for the employee to get to me and then he took another 15 minutes or so to go through the process of checking the car back in. The check in was frustrating. The car performed well, it was clean and comfortable.

Zarou
December 11th, 2017 New Orleans, LA DETAILS

I booked a car with SiXT at Curacao airport for 23:00 hrs. I got a confirmation for my reservation and I had included my flight arrival details (AA arriving at 10:45pm). It was included in my reservation confirmation. I've rented cars at that airport many times (never with SiXT) and the other agencies have made it a point to wait for the customers coming off that flight (from Miami). On arrival at the desk at 11:10 pm I found that the booth was closed. The agent had left at the dot of 11pm. I had to take a taxi (USD45.00) to my hotel even though the whole purpose of renting at the airport was to avoid this. Imagine if you are a first-time visitor! The following day, I called SiXT and they came to pick me up but they would not even change the rental duration because it was a "pre-paid" rate. Subsequent attempts with SiXT customer "dis-service" resulted in different reservation agents just copying and pasting parts of the rental agreement and then even not bothering to reply to my emails. Basically they said that the closing hours were stated as 11pm and even though their system allowed me to reserve for 11pm they couldn't do anything about it. Other websites will tell you they can't book if it is on the closing time at the location. SiXT doesn't. The agent for Budget/Alamo for example told me that they close at 11pm but he was still waiting for his two clients to come out. My advice would be: Don't rent from SiXT and if you do, 2) Don't fall into the trap of renting their pre-paid rates and get them to confirm that they will be waiting for you even if it is after 11pm. I doubt if they will do that so better stir away from them.

Hassan Morcel
August 14th, 2017

SIXT RENT A CAR Booked for a car 25 days prior to departure with sixt rent a car in Basel French side 5 days prior to departure i called to find out the possibility confirming car type as p i booked Mercedes E class They have informed me that they can not guarantee car type but would offer me a car in the same category an asked me for my reservation details once i have given them the reservation # they have informed me that my reservation was cancelled, i was chocked to hear and they accuse me for cancelling the booking online they however said we can rebook the car for you ask the same condition and rates which they have done and i have received an email with reservation details 27th July flew to paris and then took the Train to basel to pick up our car and proceed with our journey once i got to Basel french side at hertz counter they chocked me a gain and said that my booking was cancelled and they had no car to give me, a terrifying moment travelling with my two young children 4, 9 and my todler a year old were at basel airport with no car to pick to carry our holiday and staff had nothing say but we are sorry sir it is a Sunday and we dont have even a number of a manger to call and you are black listed I had no choice but to start speaking to other rent a car company for two hours where none would rent a car for us with no previous reservations i then spend 30 minutes online with my mobile and the week internet basel airport offers until i have a car from hertz which was last minute double the price I then emailed Sixt to enquire what has happened and why my booking was cancelled i got a rely few days later and they have accused me for canceling the booking my self via an application and when i enquired about the date they have given me 27th of July which was the actual date when i first left home on air France flight an had no internet what so ever DO not Trust SIXT rent a car as this will happen to you one day

Ednah KING
July 5th, 2017

Last week I rented a car for 2 days from Sixt. The manager at Indy airport is refusing to return $100 off of My deposit in bogus fees. It took Me one week for Him to accept My call. They downgraded My rental and now stealing. They need to be stopped.

Darius Seredzinski
December 26th, 2016

Hi, I would like to share my experience with sixt rental car. Avoid this company at any cost. My flight was delayed about an hour when I get to rental desk lady in charge told me she don't have any car for me because I'm late. And she said we have car for you unless I pay another 200EUR again for same booking. Yes I've been put this situation on my holiday before Christmas I have to pay again for same booking. Lady on charge said "you pay" or we "we cancel". So I end up paying twice for same booking even when I provide my flight number. I feel very angry and ripped off about this. Avoid them... This is ripped off company