SIXT started out with three locations and grew into an international company with locations throughout the United States. Currently, the company is present in 105 countries across the globe with over 2,000 branch locations. SIXT purchases more than 200,000 vehicles annually and owns the world's largest fleet of premium German cars.

The Good

• Vehicle Types
  • Price Range
  • Toll Prepay Option
  • Online Check-In

Vehicle Types

The SIXT vehicle fleet hosts models from German favorites like BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi. Vehicle types include:

• Convertibles
  • Luxury cars
  • Minivans
  • SUVs
  • Passenger vans

Price Range

SIXT offers vehicles ranging in average prices in the car rental industry. While the prices are not necessarily low, SIXT's car selection is of a higher quality than many economy budget car rentals. The car make and models are newer and more modern so if that is important to you then the average cost is more than worth paying. Regardless of the price listed for a car, though, SIXT boasts a Best Price Guarantee.

Toll Prepay Option

A very convenient feature is the ability to order toll passes through the company's website. Having a toll pass makes your commute easier when you travel. This comes as part of the online check-in.

Online Check-In

You can check in your car from SIXT's website instead of the rental counter using one of two options: the online check-in portal via the website or the on-site terminal. After you sign in and check in with your reservation number, you go to SIXT's express counter and swap your signature for the car keys. For the terminal option, follow these steps:

1. Insert your Sixt Express Card or credit card into the terminal.
  2. The terminal detects your card automatically and shows you the reservation. You also have the option of booking extras at this point, such as winter tires.
  3. Select your car out of three vehicle options.
  4. Confirm the booking details and print your rental agreement.
  5. Open the safe and take the vehicle keys.

This makes checking in easy and fast and eliminates the issue of long lines that you get with other car rental companies.

The Bad

• Limited U.S. Availability
  • No Instant Return
  • No On-Site Fuel Discount

Limited U.S. Availability

SIXT has rental car locations in 15 states, so your options are limited in the United States. Sixt has rental counters at some major airports throughout North America, but not as many as some competitors. For instance, most rental companies have counters at JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark airports in the New York City area and SIXT does not. On the plus side, SIXT is worldwide, so it is likely to cover your international travel needs.

No Instant Return

SIXT lacks an instant return option where you can leave the car with the keys inside. You must return the vehicle to a rental office (or other identified location) on the date and time specified in your rental agreement.

No On-Site Fuel Discount

SIXT does not offer discounts for fueling your vehicle on-site. If a customer returns the car low on gas, SIXT charges a $50 fee.

The Bottom Line

If you're itching to try out a new or luxury car, look no further than SIXT. With quick check-in, no hidden costs, and free cancellation, SIXT is all about convenience. However, the company is not readily available throughout North America, especially in smaller states and cities.

1.3

Janet
July 8th, 2019 Cornelius, OR DETAILS

I am just now seeing the reviews of Sixt Rent a Car. Had I found these reviews prior to my online arrangements I would never have done business with them. The restricted area unlimited mileage wasn't stated in my reservation and was an unexpected exorbitant charge. But I had a hero at the desk ! I am 71 and not very savy on the computer. Alfredo went out of his way to help me. He was patient and very helpful. So 5+ stars for Alfredo but Sixt policies and business practices definitely -1. All the best Alfredo !!

Kenneth
July 8th, 2019 Fort Myers, FL DETAILS

I wish I could give less then one star. Beware of there tactics. Do not rent from these people. If you do you better check the car from top to bottom. Because if you don't they will make a claim against you. HORRIBLE!!

Lani
July 8th, 2019 Pittsboro, NC DETAILS

I give them a BIG ZERO NO STARS!!!! As the guy explains below about his experience in Denver. It’s definitely a bait & switch! I booked in January for $280 for a Mercedes 3LA. Told us they didn’t have one so the guy acts like he is trying very hard to find us a car that is close for the same price. We end up with a BMW X3 for $800, then we are on the road going through tolls and it says to pay tolls go Online to rental car website because they don’t allow customer to pay the toll online. Call the customer service line. Oh you need to pay $76 for unlimited tolls. No one told us anything about this at the car rental area. We get to the drop off in San Francisco at 3:45am to drop off the car. The shuttle takes us to the “Air Train” instead of the terminal to catch our flight. We take the train, escalator and two elevators before we get to the Terminal. What is this???!!!! Not service !! We asked someone if cars or rental shuttles were allowed to drop off at the terminals and were told yes. The driver was just LAZY!!! I would NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY!

Seth Roby
July 8th, 2019 Indianapolis, IN DETAILS

Very poor service. If you willing to pay for previous damages, then this is your place, otherwise go elsewhere. Just rented a van from here, and was told there was damage on the luggage rack after returning. Never even used it, and have no way to if I wanted. They immediately asked about it upon returning, very shady business here.

shoedog27
July 2nd, 2019 Irma, WI

If you're wondering what Sixt stands for, it's "Bait and Switch". Rented a car at Denver 6-22-19. First of all it's not near most "real" rental car company locations at DIA, but way off property. Secondly when we get there, there's a pretty long line. Not that big a deal except line isn't moving. Several people in line complain at the time it's taking. When we finally get to counter, we learn why it took so long. Every customer at counter, including us, are being told the car they thought they had rented was not available. We were told they only had one model left in that class. They vehicle clearly wasn't the same class as what we thought we had booked. The agent immediately goes into hard sell about how she could upgrade us into the next class. They also inform me that my if my wife will be driving they need to charge an extra $90. Avis, Budget and Enterprise do not charge for this. In total frustration, I demand a refund. They inform me that since I prepaid the reservation, no refund can be provided. So what initially was supposed to cost $500 ended up costing $788. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! THEY ARE CROOKS!

Jim
June 28th, 2019 Louisville, OH DETAILS

Rented a vehicle in Croatia and turned it in when the office was closed. Returned home and never received an invoice. When I emailed to get a copy there were unauthorized upgrade charges on my bill. I filed a complaint and was basically told too bad. I will not use them again.

Brennan
June 28th, 2019 Dallas, TX

This was an absolute horrible experience. Upon arriving it looked like a "fun" company to rent a vehicle from. They had bright lights, great music playing and vibrant colors at their on the walls and desks. That doesn't make up for the complete lack of customer service. Not a single employee acknowledged us when we walked in to rent a vehicle from them. When we tried to ask for assistance we were met with disgust, a bad attitude and annoyed looks from the ALL of the staff. It was as if we were bothering them for wanting to rent a car from their company. the staff was much more interested in checking their phones and talking amongst themselves. When an employee finally decided to help us their was complete lack of professionalism or manners in general. It was as if I was booking a rental car with a 10 year old child. They were not polite, courteous, or friendly. It was an awful experience. We were already wanting to leave but we figured if we are here let's just get the car and leave. The deciding factor for us to leave was when they told us we could not drive our "unlimited mile rental" outside of a VERY small region or we will accrue a $.50/mile charge on TOP of the rental price. I do NOT recommend this company purely based on their lack of customer service, let alone their rental restrictions.

K Bjorn
June 25th, 2019 North Pole, AK DETAILS

Very bad experience my first and last time using sixt. I was charged for pre-existing damage. I will never use this company again.

Tasha
June 25th, 2019 Bridgeport, CT

On June 19th I arrived to Sixt to pick up my prepaid rental upon arrival I walked up to Sahar (which she also told me that that was not her name on the name tag when it was SMH) who proceeded to to tell that I was there to pick up a pre paid reservation I was asked for the card I paid with it and unfortunately I did not have the card with me due to a an incident that I encountered the day before so I explained the situation to Sahar who did not care had an attitude and mocked me and explained to me that she was not going to help me anymore. So stood there for 5 mins and asked her to get me a manager she stated that she called them and I said I did not see you pick up the phone she said she pushed a button on the computer. Then 50 mins I’m still waiting for a manager I asked her where was the manager she said that the manger called her back to say they seen and heard everything through the cameras and they were not going to rent me a car anymore and I said what do you mean she said exactly what I said we not renting you a car and she said the same way I pre paid is the same way I better request my money. She then called security who came up and asked Raymond the agent if everything was okay he said yes there was no issue. When I thought she was on the phone with the manager she was actually on the phone with security. I became very upset and called customer service line who explained to me that I needed to pay for the price of rental again with the deposit on new card and to go to another to get my rental. So I ended up being assisted by Raymond who was extremely helpful did not give me any issues hit me in my rental within 5 mins. Unfortunately I will not rent from Sixt ever again even one person (Raymond) made it better for me I still wouldn’t because of Sahar. Sahar should not be there assisting people if she is going to lie on customers who are always supposed to be right.

Citydude
June 20th, 2019 Peoria, IL DETAILS

do not rent anything from these scam artist. wife and I were researching good deals on car rentals. looked like a good deal wasn't . immediately canceled. they charge us the full amount.

gpm
June 20th, 2019 Spring, TX DETAILS

This company will overwhelm you with excitement upgrading you to a luxury car without additional charge. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK YOUR RENTAL CAR FOR ANY BLEMISHES, SCRATCHES, DENTS, ETC AND TAKE PICTURES. They will come back and charge you later on. They gave me a Jaguar XJ for a day last August, 2018 and later emailed me about a scratch found on one of the corners. My fault was I didn't go over the car at the office, so it came back and haunted me. Lesson learned. I do not recommend this company.

Lauren Whiting
June 17th, 2019 Le Roy, NY DETAILS

If I could give lower than 1 star, I would. This is the worst company I have EVER dealt with. Horrible customer service. They blamed US for things that were broken on their car. The cigarette lighter/adapter did not work so our GPS died within 10 minutes of having the car. We had tours and things to be on so could not go back and return. We then had to buy a data package for the GPS and they wouldn't refund us anything. Then, the car wouldn't start one day and they blamed us and made us pay for the service mechanic. Absolutely horrible. Will NEVER EVER UES AGAIN! AVOID!!!! You will not save money with them at all by the end of your rental because they charge for everything.

Michael
June 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Sixt Rental Cars will perform random mechanical checks. If they find any hidden problem, you'll be charged for the repair, even if you didn't cause it. For example, if a clutch is worn due to a previous driver but the problem only becomes apparent during your rental, they will charge you for it. In Madeira, they charged me €4142 to replace a part worn clutch which drive perfectly normally.

Samira
June 14th, 2019 DETAILS

Horrible horrible experience. I booked with them through Expedia to rent a car while I travelled to Corfu, Greece. When I got there, they wouldn't allow me to collect the car as they did not understand my licence from Barbados, however they told me I was able to receive a refund. I was able to rent a car from every other car rental company in Corfu that I contacted. When I returned from my trip, the company denied my refund due to their 'policy' although it was no fault of my own that they wouldn't allow me to rent with them. Stole my money and horrible customer service would not recommend this company to anyone.

Alex
June 7th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Do not use them under any circumstances. left me with no car at midnight in FLL. Was treated extremely poorly.

A Geddes
June 7th, 2019 DETAILS

Only Giving this company a 1 star rating as there is nothing lower available!! Went to collect my hire car from Manchester Airport branch UK. Sixt assistant requested driving licence & two proof of address letters. Said I would email them two electronic bank statements with addresses on them. Was then told only paper copies accepted, at no where in the terms & conditions does it state only paper copies accepted. The assistant thought this was highly amusing & could only laugh rather than give any help or solutions. Decided to call Sixt reservation phone number & ask for the rental requirements, was informed electronic copies are sufficient. Still the assistant wouldn't allow me to collect the car. Was then informed by the reservation team to just cancel the booking & then claim it back by using the email address provided. I did all this & then heard no response back from sixt customer services. The only time they contacted me was when I got my credit card company involved. over 9 months later down the line I have now received a letter from a German debt collector company on behalf of Sixt rent a car, claiming I now owe them over 600 euros. The only good experience about this whole process was the customer service provided by Europcar, by being able to supply me with a car within short notice.

G. Connectal
June 7th, 2019 Honolulu, HI DETAILS

Rented a vehicle at Denver and declined the additional $59.00 a day insurance since I am covered under my own policy. 2 days after the return of the vehicle I received the receipt and they still charged me the $59.00 a day. I sent an email to there customer service and no reply. I will have to dispute the charge through my credit card company. Stay away from this shady business.

Carrie
June 7th, 2019 Marionville, MO DETAILS

This car rental company is horrible. I have multiple complaints concerning their after hour availability and customer service. I reserved a car for my vacation in West Palm Beach. My flight was due to arrive at 10:30 PM but was delayed until after midnight. When I learned that my flight was delayed I attempted to contact them to make arrangements but was unable to reach anyone directly to discuss my problem. The number listed on the website would cut me off when I tried to select the correct extension. Finally I pressed another extension just to speak to anyone and they said "They close at midnight" and hung up on me. The Kia that we rented was a nice vehicle. We have private car insurance so I decided not to get their expensive protection plan. After our vacation we dropped the car off at the sixt rental at 0200 and the their van took us back to the airport. The driver looked over the car and noted that it was fine. 2 weeks later SIXT mails me a damage report claiming that the car had been wrecked. In the letter they provided no information concerning the type of damage. The car had been will cared for and was returned to them without any new damage. I again attempted to contact anyone to inquire and the message selection cuts me off. How do you take care of this?

robin bohbot
June 7th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

Bait and Switch - Horrible! What company doesn't disclose that there are geographical restrictions when renting a car? My daughter and I planned a trip to the Rocky Mountains and Yellowstone - there was nothing on the website when we made our reservation asking where we would be traveling or disclosing anything about geographical restrictions. We prepaid the reservation and were told, only upon picking up the car, that we couldn't drive past Colorado?? And they would not refund the car rental since it had been prepaid. I had to rent another car for that portion of our trip - so I had to pay for two rental cars (we left the Sixt car at the Hertz rental because we were afraid of the .50 cent per mile penalty). Sixt - if you keep hiding information from your customers you'll soon be out of business. BUYER BEWARE! Stay away!

Neil Joseph Houston
May 31st, 2019 DETAILS

Do not be fooled by their low prices, the hidden fees and lack of transparency will triple your price and that is before they try to gouge you on pre existing damages and fueling fees long after you have left and brought the car back to defend yourself. Save yourself the trouble and rent with dollar thrify or enterprise , or the crack dealer on the corner.

Mary speyer
May 31st, 2019 Washington, DC DETAILS

The worst service of any car rental company I have ever seen. Long lines averaging 15 minutes per transaction and no sense of how inconvenient it is for customers to wait 2 hours to get a car. San Francisco is the worst Sixt in the country!

Roberto Ruini
May 28th, 2019 North Miami Beach, FL DETAILS

They have a very bad service, specialty at the Aventura location on Dixl hwy. I arrived to pick the car and they didn’t have any car available, they just cancelled my reservation without any notice. They offer me another car in another locali it far from there and paying much more. I will never use them again

john
May 28th, 2019 Des Plaines, IL DETAILS

I rented a car from Sixt in Croatia. I had booked it through Expedia. They refused to honor the car category I had booked, offered me a car that could not accommodate 2 suitcases, essentially coercing me to pay extra and get a bigger car. It's a terrible company with unresponsive customer service. Stay away from them. You will pay more because of their deceptive practices

Pam
May 24th, 2019 Bridgeton, MO DETAILS

The worst car rental ever! Our car broke down while on our once in a life time Hawaii vacation, we had to walk over a mile to get back to our place when we were on our way to a luau that we missed and paid over 450 dollars for. To get a replacement took over 4 hours. Customer service was the worst, no one will give you the main customer service number and no one will ever call you back, everything is by email. This was by far the worst company ever, I will never use them again and would never recommend to anyone!

lawrence nuss
May 23rd, 2019 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS

RENTERS BEWARE OF THIS SCAM BY SIXT!!!!Rented a vehicle from LAX in Dec 2018 and within a day the low tire pressure light came on. I returned the vehicle for an exchange which they were nice enough to upgrade my vehicle. But no one inspected my vehicle at the time of my exchange and nothing was mentioned when I return my vehicle at the end of my trip. Months later I got a bill in the mail for over $250 plus a $50 admin fee to replace the tire. I requested the last five rental return reports to make sure this problem was not noted on a previous rental. Sixt said they could not because it contained private information of previous renters. Without that information, I contended that I could not be sure it was something reported before I rented the car and they just overinflated the tire to get the rental out of the door. This company, who had a stellar reputation, is sticking it's customers with a bait and switch, offering unbelievable rates, then months later sending you an uncontestable bill for an undocumented repair. DO NOT RENT FROM SIXT UNLESS YOU WANT THIS TO HAPPEN T YOU! For a person who travels 10+ times a year I rent cars often but it won't be from SIXT an longer! SIXT RENTERS BEWARE!!!

Navaneeth Nagendra
May 16th, 2019 Port Orange, FL DETAILS

Have been renting cars from a while now but haven’t experienced such a pathetic response from Sixt Rent A Car. It was all exciting to rent a premium car from ATL after so much of formalities in the procedure. I totally understand the availability of the car to what I had actually booked for. Finally with all the bargain, I ended up getting one with lower tyre pressure which was not been checked before backing up at the parking. I had to wait for like a gazillion minutes before they could fix the issue. I did ask for an exchange, but all I got was a cold answer. I ended up taking the vehicle. Over the time the vehicle would wobble and I’d to drive to every gas station to fill up the air. I did call up customer service for the change in car throughout my trip. Finally, I decided to drop the car off and booked the flight tickets to return back home. I had my family with me and I didn’t want to take risk on the road.

Lisa/ Goran Forss
May 16th, 2019 Temecula, CA DETAILS

BEWARE!!! SCAM TO EXTORT MONEY ON DAMAGE CLAIMS!! I wish I would have read reviews BEFORE we thought we received a good deal on a car!! They were convenient because their office was in our hotel in Dallas otherwise we would have went with National where we have Elite level but that was too far away to pick up the car.. I will change my review of the hotel next just because of their affiliation with this company in their lobby and we are the highest level with Marriot. We rented a car and after waiting 30 minutes with only ONE person in front of us ( even they were fuming ). There were 2 people behind the wall and you can hear them talking. Once we finally got their attention only 1 came out to help. Finally another came out and he just worked on his computer. I asked if he could help us and he said he is working on something and as soon as he is done, he would help! What the heck?? 30 minutes later, he never helped and the girl we got was Lazy with a couple L!! Every change she made ( because she made so many errors) we had to wait and the last 2, I just made the changes my self and made her and I initial the change. Finally almost 55 minutes later, we wait for our car. Got the car and was so appalled about how dirty and scratched up it was that I went back in and showed her pictures. She said "no problem, she would make note"...I should have known better based on my initial experience. I only pray they have cameras in that office so when we take action, they will have to produce the cameras and conversation!!!! They came back to us weeks later and billed us for a chip in the window that is right on top of the registration sticker... Based on the previous reviews, I am convinced they leave these cars so dirty so you will not see all the scratches, dents & dings so that when you get back, they clean it really good and go over it with a fine tooth comb to extort money from you! That is what they did with us for sure! Here is the good thing. I took a bunch of pictures of the condition of the car and the license plate and took it in to show her so I still had those. They don't care though.....they did this on purpose now I am sure and if subpeoned... I wonder if they go after person that rents that same car for that same tiny window chip that is impossible to see because it right on top of the sticker especially since they leave the cars so dirty for everyone it seems ( based on reviews here). When something seems to be too Good to Be True....IT IS... I would not even think about renting from this company in the future. And It will be interesting to see the the customer service person respond with the same comment he/she leaves on every review on Yelp .... Don't bother though, I don't believe you will check on anything. and by the way...you keep asking the reviewer to send you the rental agreement and you will look it over... You work there and YOU have a copy!! You are only responding because Yelp encourages the company to respond so your response time is good...you are doing NOTHING to help! Just don't bother!

Brittany Buckner
May 16th, 2019 Allen, TX

This is a terrible company. DON'T EVER USE THEM! I booked a car with them through Priceline and was provided with an itinerary clearly indicating free cancellation. There was no fine print and I've looked through everything I was provided with and there is nothing to indicate that I will be charged for cancellation but when I called in six months in advance I went through their difficult automated phone system multiple times before finally getting in touch with impolite customer service reps who repeatedly informed me that I would be charged in order to cancel my reservation. They were extremely unhelpful and rude and refused to honor the free cancellation I had documented from them. THIS COMPANY CAN'T BE TRUSTED!!!

Daniel
May 13th, 2019 Cedar Rapids, IA DETAILS

My flight got delayed until after midnight, which is when they close. I was not able to pick up the rental car that night which I had reserved and had to book with another company last second. They were unable to render services they had sold me, yet refused to provide a refund. This company can not be trusted.

Don Hummel
May 9th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

I recently rented a Sixt car in Milan and dropped it off at Malpensa airport. I am a frequent user of rental cars and this was my first experience with Sixt . . . and my last. When I returned the car, I filled it full of fuel just before arriving to the drop off point. The check out at the Sixt drop off point was uneventful and fast and the drop-off representative from Sixt said "everything looks just fine," presented me with an iPad signature page to sign that I had dropped off the car and said the invoice would be mailed to me within a few days. I received the invoice a few days later with a charge of 62 Euros for fuel. I wrote them back explaining that the car was returned full of fuel, but then they presented me with an electronic drop off report that showed the fuel at 4/8 full and my signature at the bottom. This was the first time I had seen this report as they only present you with a signature page when you drop it off. I wrote them back explaining that this must be an error, I had not seen this report and that they should check with their own personnel to confirm that they did not have to refuel my rental car. They simply sent me a reply back saying they would not adjust my invoice and a copy of their terms and conditions. This is a typical rental car company SCAM that you would expect from a fly-by-night rental car agency. I thought Sixt was better than that but I was obviously wrong! My advice - AVOID SIXT!!

angie neal
May 9th, 2019 Green Bay, WI DETAILS

Terrible customer service. Couldn't pay online due to "issues with their sytsem" so had to pay at counter. When invoice was billed, they pulled DOUBLE what was agreed upon. Had have my husband call to give permission for me to settle the bill (even though we're married!), and have vehicle fuel fee of $200 removed. Customer service hung up on me at end of call. NEVER AGAIN

Ali
May 8th, 2019 Tupelo, MS DETAILS

Customer satisfaction is 0, walk in to rent a vehicle at the airport because my plans changed at the last minute, the employee was so rude, over charged me, called and talked to a supervisor, put me on hold for a few minutes and all what he did apologized, they called me back next day and left a voice message that the employee was acting like that because I walked in!!!

Douglas Kennedy
May 8th, 2019 Cheshire, CT

One of the worst experiences I’ve had trying to rent a car. After waiting 30 minutes in line (there were 4 people ahead of me), they didn’t have the car I had reserved. Or a similar car. They weren’t even sure what car they did have. I cancelled, went to Hertz and rented what I wanted quickly.

Tan
May 2nd, 2019 Valparaiso, IN

Please don't ever use this company. I've been renting at other companies for years and this has never happened to me. I went to get my rental on Saturday evening on 03/09/2019, upon coming to get the vehicle I noticed there were some scratches around and lots hail damaged that hadn't been recorded, I took some video and pictures of those and notice them. When I returned the vehicle on next Monday morning, I was told the windshield had a small crack that I didn’t noticed. I mentioned there were No any accident happened to me and it should come from previous hail damage. later I receive an email stating I did damage to the vehicle and I must pay to repair cost plus additional 2-day rental fee during repair…. Please stay away from this company, If I had done the damage, I would have paid it but I didn't do it and it's not fair. That damage was there I just didn’t notice this one. They should not offer you a car with so many previous damages.

Amy Robinson
May 2nd, 2019 Coatesville, PA DETAILS

If I could give them zero stars I would. PLEASE do not waste the time. Do not even try to rent with them. It will only make you frustrated and waste your time. We were promised a vehicle for 8 people. Arrived at the airport. Of course not only our vehicle was not there, they had zero to rent us. This at 11pm at night. After I called them several times even the day we arriving to confirm it was there. GO TO ANYONE ELSE NOT HERE!

Eddie
April 29th, 2019 Alameda, CA DETAILS

Travelled to Dubrovnik and rented a car from Sixt for 3 days and told Doris the company representative I will be travelling Mostar for a day and need permit which will cost about 9 euros, but have charged me for 3 days which translate about $41.32 at the end of 3 days rental. To start with, they gave me a car with a Flat Tire icon orange on, I did ask the guy who turn over the car what is the PSI on the tire so I can go right away and put air by myself but the guy answered "no idea how much air". The car was not in best clean condition because the wind shield obviously not properly clear with traces of some haze smear from the inside glass and have to clean it myself again. On the day I have returned the car the inspector guy noticed a scalpel scratch on the passenger side and told me that there is a scratch about 5 cm, I checked it myself it is almost unnoticeable since its a scalpel scratch and its only 1.5 cm. People from this SIXT Company is starting to scam us and my brother started to get mad and getting intense argument with the inspector because they were trying to charge us saying the repair of that scratch is costly. Only if I have paint scratch remover I could have rubbed it for 10 seconds and it will be gone. After we agreed that the 1.5 cm scalpel scratch is minute issue they say they will not push with charged instead asking for us to make a good review. I have not signed any documents acknowledging about the scratch and they cleared us to go. We shook hands and we're gone. After 3 days, I saw charge from this SIXT Car Rental Company charging my credit card for $1,360.84 !!!!!!!! STAY AWAY from this rental company. I have a full car protection insurance plan from RENTALCARS company so any claims should not be a problem in the first place but the trouble is this Sixt car rental company is obviously not a reputable company and the people run it are scammers. I will not tolerate people or company that will take advantage me or other people. I stand for the truth, honesty and fairness.

Mike F
April 29th, 2019 DETAILS

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! The worst company I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH! First they gave me a car that was trashed and dirty from the inside out. I then waited another hour for a replacement that was a totally different car. They forget about me at one moment and the girl asked again for my paperwork. At first they were about to give me a car with a cracked front windshield and then chose to change it out at the last minute. Then they gave me one with a "service required" light on. Not really friendly and had to bring the second car back half way through the vacation. This took me out of my way and waste of part of my day. That again took a while to get the new car. On my way back with the second car a rock hit my windshield and they are now claiming me to pay over $1,000 in damage and expect for me to send my credit card info through the mail. They are not friendly on the phone and just want your money. Oh and they are also claiming a couple days of coverage for not using the car while it was being repaired. There is also a disclaimer at the bottom that tells you that you may have to pay even more and it is only an estimate. This company can go back to Europe and stay there. All the way from customer service, quality of cars to the company itself being a scam. If you knick the car they will get you for it apparently. What a joke! Myself or anyone in my family will never use this HORRIBLE rental car company ever again. They lure you in with nice cars and expect for you to deal with one that also has tons of scratches and dents on it. I've never posted a "negative" review but that starts now. Don't ever rent from them and never trust their service and cars. DON'T RENT HERE!!!

Scott Cheatham
April 29th, 2019 Alpena, MI DETAILS

Stay away from Sixt. The cars are ok, but the lies and hidden fees will eat you alive. They lie...price quotes will lure you in. We used them in Atlanta GA. The staff at the desk...just pure garbage!

BARRY DIXON
April 25th, 2019 Baltimore, MD DETAILS

how is it possible that Sixt does not have a location at BWI airport (Baltimore) or even in Washington DC?

Neo
April 23rd, 2019 Massillon, OH DETAILS

Paid in full in advance to receive best price on SUV. A few weeks later they moved me to a smaller SUV. When I asked for a refund they said no refund. So I'm stuck with a smaller SUV that I didn't agree on renting. Lol dirty business practice. Will never use or recommend sixt. I will be filling a, complaint with the Better Business Bureau. Costumer deception is wrong.

Ronn Kilby
April 23rd, 2019 El Cajon, CA DETAILS

Oh my God please stay away from these people. Never ever have I experienced such shady business practices. I'd go into detail but it would just make my blood boil to recount the nightmare. In brief: Vehicle safety issues. Rudeness. Total disregard for helping customer in emergency.

Jeremy
April 18th, 2019 Elizabeth, CO DETAILS

Let me start by saying this will be my last rental experience with SIXT. I recently rented a car to drive from San Diego to San Francisco. The trip went great and the car was just fine. Unfortunately 200ish miles into our 550 mile drive the tire presure light came on the dash. I put $1 worth of air in it and had a worried free rest of my trip. When returning the car I made sure to let the greater know the tire had lost some air so that the next person that received the car did not have the same issue. No big deal. Then over 90 days later i received an bill for $240 for a replacement tire. I called and was informed I denied the Loss Damage coverage considering I have my own insurance that would cover any major damage if it were to happen. And I told them I would no questions asked pay for the damages if they could show me proof of a damaged tire, and they continued to tell me they have pictures of the low tire presure light on the dash. I would gladly pay for the tire if they have a picture or anything confirming I caused the damage but charging me for low tire presure is unacceptable business practice and i am defently feeling scammed and taken advantage of! So if renting from them, purchase the damage coverage or expect to get scammed and billed for something as unreasonable as low tire presure! Sincerely Jeremy

CJR
April 17th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Stay away from this rental company! I turned their insurance coverage. Rented a car in Colorado, upon return they noted a scratch on the driver side front fender. Pretty obvious that it was caused by the car door of someone who parked next to me. A month later I receive a bill from them for damages costing almost $600 to fix the scratch, which is interestingly about what the insurance coverage would have cost me. Part of the cost for damages was a diminution fee. After talking with their claims agent I found out that this fee was their estimate of how much this repair lowered the value of the car. Mind you there wasn't a ding or dent, just a paint scratch. In all my years of renting cars, I've never had a car rental company do this. This was my first time renting from them and it will be my last. So treat this as a warning if you do business with them.

Karin Weber
April 12th, 2019 Northborough, MA DETAILS

Scammers. I had rented a car online at the Salzburg Airport, a small station wagon to accommodate my mother's wheelchair. When I got there, I was told they had no station wagons, the only car they had that would work for a wheelchair was brand-new and twice as expensive. They charged me the full rate for this car even though they didn't what I had requested but at that point I was stuck. When I brought the car back early in the morning on my departure date, no one was there to inspect the car. I had been told just to drop the keys in the box. Several days later I get an email demanding almost 1800 Euros for damages. I did not cause any damages, and did not see any damages when I left the car. Stupidly, I didn't take pictures. I have offered to settle the matter even though it feels like extortion, but they are still demanding the money. I have tried to reach out to a manager but get the same cold reaction. My cousin just told me she had a similar experience in Spain. I will have to get a lawyer without even knowing if that will work. Completely unethical, unpleasant scammers and extortionists.

Davely
April 12th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS

Please don't ever use this company. I've been renting at other companies for years and this has never happened to me. I went to get my rental on Wednesday morning, upon coming to get the vehicle I noticed there were scratches all around that hadn't been recorded, I took video and pictures of those and called Sophie to come help me. When I got inside the car I noticed the tire pressure light on and she had someone inspect it, turns out the tire had a nail and I had to wait for them to get me a new vehicle. They upgraded me to a luxury vehicle, I shouldn't have accepted. I just wanted to get out of there and this time to my mistake I didn't take pictures of video of the vehicle. When I returned the vehicle I was told everything was ok and that they would email me my invoice. 4 days later I receive an email stating I did damage to the vehicle. I did no such thing. I don't understand why when I was standing there the girl that closed out my deal didn't go over the damage with me. I'm appalled by this because I took care of this vehicle, I parked far away and drove careful but now I get an email stating I must pay for damage I didn't do. Please stay away from this company, I've been trying to reach the branch and people keep giving me numbers to call and I just get connected to someone else but no one from the branch. If I had done the Damage I would of paid it but I didn't do it and it's not fair. I thought everything was fine only to find out it isn't. I almost booked a car with them for my trip to Mexico but I'm never using them again and neither should you. That damage was there and I thought Sophie had recorded and she didn’t

Tsitsi
April 10th, 2019 DETAILS

They're scammers, very unethical practice. PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM SIXT, SAVE YOURSELF FROM DISAPPOINTMENT AND HEADACHES.

Carl
April 10th, 2019 DETAILS

NEVER NEVER Rent from this company. They are thieves. They manipulate you by offering what appeas to be a standrda rental agreement. BUY, upon return of the vehicle, no one is there to review the vehicle with you. However, days later, you get a bill in your email for damages to the vehicle that were not caused by you. Since you signed the agreement, you must pay for any damages they identify even after you turned in the vehicle.

Ben Proto
March 28th, 2019 DETAILS

I write this because of overall experience. The company actually gave me a car that was more expensive and charged me extra. BUT when I returned they gave me a full refund. They were pleasant and helpful. I would definitely use again.

MSoler
March 27th, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS

The worst company ever!!! I booked my rental back in January for a trip on March (last week to Puerto Rico) and they called me less that 24 hours before my flight to tell me that they overbooked and I won't be able to have a car. Not saying that my flight arrived at 1:00 am and at that time is really hard to find a rental and with that short time notice no other company had cars available. They give me a lot of excuses and lies that ends in nothing. No professionalism, no ethics and poor customer service. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Laura
March 22nd, 2019 Santee, CA DETAILS

Rented a car through them in Iceland last year and had no issues. Polite staff, walk around vehicle to inspect before and after rental to assess any damage, great experience. Fast forward to this year. Picked up our keys with an agent when we arrived in Palermo. Took the full coverage insurance. Was directed to go out to the lot to retrieve our vehicle. NO ONE was there to do an inspection to note damage to the vehicle. We took pictures (with date/time stamp) of obvious damage to the passenger side and walked back into the airport to the agent. We showed her the pictures and she said DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. We kept the pictures and went about our trip. Turned in our keys at the airport at the key drop, because , again NO ONE was there to look over the vehicle when we returned. Now a week later, we get an e-mail claiming damage incurred to the passenger side of the vehicle, THE SAME DAMAGE WE TOOK PICTURES OF AT THE START OF THE TRIP! I have submitted the photos with time/date stamp and am now waiting for them to "investigate". SCAM artists trying to line their pockets for damages that they may have already collected on!!! STAY AWAY, STAY FAR AWAY! Pay the extra for a reputable company!