SIXT started out with three locations and grew into an international company with locations throughout the United States. Currently, the company is present in 105 countries across the globe with over 2,000 branch locations. SIXT purchases more than 200,000 vehicles annually and owns the world's largest fleet of premium German cars.

The Good

• Vehicle Types
  • Price Range
  • Toll Prepay Option
  • Online Check-In

Vehicle Types

The SIXT vehicle fleet hosts models from German favorites like BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi. Vehicle types include:

• Convertibles
  • Luxury cars
  • Minivans
  • SUVs
  • Passenger vans

Price Range

SIXT offers vehicles ranging in average prices in the car rental industry. While the prices are not necessarily low, SIXT's car selection is of a higher quality than many economy budget car rentals. The car make and models are newer and more modern so if that is important to you then the average cost is more than worth paying. Regardless of the price listed for a car, though, SIXT boasts a Best Price Guarantee.

Toll Prepay Option

A very convenient feature is the ability to order toll passes through the company's website. Having a toll pass makes your commute easier when you travel. This comes as part of the online check-in.

Online Check-In

You can check in your car from SIXT's website instead of the rental counter using one of two options: the online check-in portal via the website or the on-site terminal. After you sign in and check in with your reservation number, you go to SIXT's express counter and swap your signature for the car keys. For the terminal option, follow these steps:

1. Insert your Sixt Express Card or credit card into the terminal.
  2. The terminal detects your card automatically and shows you the reservation. You also have the option of booking extras at this point, such as winter tires.
  3. Select your car out of three vehicle options.
  4. Confirm the booking details and print your rental agreement.
  5. Open the safe and take the vehicle keys.

This makes checking in easy and fast and eliminates the issue of long lines that you get with other car rental companies.

The Bad

• Limited U.S. Availability
  • No Instant Return
  • No On-Site Fuel Discount

Limited U.S. Availability

SIXT has rental car locations in 15 states, so your options are limited in the United States. Sixt has rental counters at some major airports throughout North America, but not as many as some competitors. For instance, most rental companies have counters at JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark airports in the New York City area and SIXT does not. On the plus side, SIXT is worldwide, so it is likely to cover your international travel needs.

No Instant Return

SIXT lacks an instant return option where you can leave the car with the keys inside. You must return the vehicle to a rental office (or other identified location) on the date and time specified in your rental agreement.

No On-Site Fuel Discount

SIXT does not offer discounts for fueling your vehicle on-site. If a customer returns the car low on gas, SIXT charges a $50 fee.

The Bottom Line

If you're itching to try out a new or luxury car, look no further than SIXT. With quick check-in, no hidden costs, and free cancellation, SIXT is all about convenience. However, the company is not readily available throughout North America, especially in smaller states and cities.

1.3

Sue

February 26th, 2020 Cape Coral, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rented the car in Ft. Myers Beach for February 14, 2020 prepaid in January 6, 2020. We went to the airport to pick up the car and was told by the agent that he would give us an upgrade at no charge. But the only fee that we would have to pay was for an additional driver. I kept repeating to the agent the car was paid for in January and the only fee that I was being charged for was additional drive, and he agreed. When I got home checked my card and additional $816.00 was charged to my account. Called to inquiry that they have made a mistake and charged my card twice. I was told that I was paying for the upgrade at $40.00 per day. My total bill from this unethical rental was $2,000. I could have rented a mercedes. Even the customer service representative agreed that it was outrageous but nothing they could do. I would never ever do business with the company again. And looking at the other reviews, hundreds of people agree. I will be calling the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney Generals Office.

Samuel

February 19th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

THE SERVICE WAS HORRIBLE. THEY DON’T HAVE ANY OPTIONS TO HELP THE CUSTOMER. I made a reservation for a car that could fit 12 people, 3 days before I needed it. I also prepaid it to make sure that I would get that car. The vehicle was confirmed the day before but the day I went to go pick up the car they told me that it was not available because they had given it to someone else. This really affected my trip. Their solution was to look in another company and they said that they could cancel my reservation for free. This was their only solution when clearly that was their fault. This was very irresponsible. It was also very hard to find a car like the one I needed after they gave it to someone else. It led me to cancel my trip, and this is not counting how much money I lost.

Brandon Baker

February 19th, 2020 Temple, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sixt did not hold my reservation specifically for a car, not an SUV. When I arrived they only had SUV's and one car. I requested a car for ease of parking in downtown. In order to leave in the smaller car size I reserved they charged me $27 extra per day! The customer service employee said that I should have just taken the SUV, and since they offered and SUV they are not obligated to compensate for the difference. SIXT will not hold your reservation and will not make things right when they fail on their end.

WhatsRight

February 12th, 2020 Cleveland, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just like so many others, we were victims of fraud. They have a bogus damage certificate & even sent pictures of an obviously different vehicle. Avoid this company. Reading from others here, it’s just like what happened to us at Miami airport. It sounds like their strategy is to put pressure on inexperienced people, and hope they pay. Don’t give in

DarGaff

February 7th, 2020 Glen Cove, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We rented a car in Florence. Returning the car was a nightmare-no signs to do so or people to ask. We received 5 tickets for driving in TLZ roads EVEN though we followed the GPS exclusively. Fees for each ticket is approx. $40 each. We asked for some consideration and just get more emails demanding the money.

Estelle Williams

February 7th, 2020 Round Lake, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think Sixt scams people. This was the second time and the last time I will use them. The first time I rented a vehicle they said I chipped the windshield, I didn't notice a chip when I returned it so I thought well maybe it's possible so I payed for it. Now I rent a vehicle that was dented around 1am and they told me the dents were documented and not to worry about it. After returning the vehicle (with no attendant in the return area or the front desk) I got an email from them indicating that I have to pay for the dent damage. The dents were already there! I just received another email from them today in response to my complaint and yep, you guessed it, they are saying that unless I have pics to proof that the car had a dent on the hood I will have to pay for it. The other dents were documented but the one on the hood was not, so since I didn't take a pic of the hood I am responsible for the repair. OK, how many of you take a pic of the car from top to bottom? Sixt is in business of renting cars and scamming people as they have done me. When i picked up the car and the guy said not to worry, all the dents were documented, I took him at his word. I am so irritated with this Company. I DO NOT RECOMMEND using them and I hope that this will help other people from making the mistake I made.

Greg M

February 4th, 2020 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Check in process was ridiculous and timely. No one in line however the system was not working and once getting checked in, the card reader would not work and I had to do the whole process again. We did end up with a broken windshield and I was charged two days "loss of use" we all know a windshield takes two hours at most to replace. No wonder our insurance rates sky rocket as these companies charge more than they need to. I also see Sixt has their own insurance coverage for loss so why am I being charged. SIXT owes me one day "loss of use" and I will never rent from them again.

Xcraft Llc

February 4th, 2020 Altoona, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Useless cancellation policy. Expect your money to be gone as soon as you reserve a car no matter what.

Peggy Harty

January 29th, 2020 Moab, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My rental experience was quite good, (shuttle service to and from airport, polite service, and a nice new car) that is, until over a week after checking it in I received a bill for over $700 to repair the "superficial" scratch that was considered new damage on top of 10 other existing damages that had obviously not been repaired. I will never use this company again! Anything good about the car and the local service was ruined by the shock of being billed for damage I didn't cause.

aks

January 29th, 2020 Wilmington, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rented at OGG (Maui, HI) through Hotwire. Charged a two week rental, for the requested dates 12-23 January 2020. Was told that there was no additional charges. However, company came back later and charge twice the daily rate because I as told that I was 3 hours past my 23 January turn in. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

ROBO HANDLE

January 28th, 2020 Schaumburg, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This rental car company is the [email protected]#$ worst company to deal with. Do not ever rent anything from this company. They will rip you off until you are broke!!! The way they make money is putting faults claim on you and then charge you for it. Unbelievable these thrives are not arrested for stealing your money!!! Never do business with these people!!!

Maria Soboleva

January 28th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

STAY AWAY FROM THIS RENTAL! they will scam you with a fraudulent claim after you return the car! Read reviews carefully!! Two weeks after I returned the car at Miami airport I received $910 claim with a FAKE damage report! (THEY FORGED MY SIGNATURE!)

steve pavlak

January 28th, 2020 Youngstown, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give it a zero if I could. Fort Lauderdale experience horrible. Upon return they started taking photos of my vehicle. I did not do any damage and they state there is from their records. If they bill my insurance I will sue them.

Robert Anderson

January 22nd, 2020 Edwardsville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I prepaid several months in advance. When I arrived at the desk I was told the SUV I rented was not available but as a favor they would upgrade me for $37. I questioned if that was $37 for the entire 10 days and was told it was $37 extra per day. I refused to pay an extra $370 so finally the agent said he’d give me the upgrade. Now after I returned home they charged my credit card an additional $19 per day for road service insurance. Who in their right mind would pay $200 for insurance when IF road service was needed it wouldn’t cost that much. They say I signed the agreement. I believe since it was electronic signature the additional service was added later.

Alexander Lee

January 22nd, 2020 Almaty, ALA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I booked car for my vacation on Curaçao and choose SIXT. When I came to get my car I spent 40 minutes to get car, it was not line, I was first, but guy said they waiting car from car wash and asked me wait 5 min, after that 10 min and finally it’s took 40 min. Said problem I had when I returned my car, I cat find anyone. In same place were another company as Hertz, Alamo and etc and they had more customers, all customers took cars and leave, and leave, and only I wait my car after flight. My daughter was tired after flight and we stayed under hot Caribbean sun and waiting our car. I height my experience with SIXT and I never ever will book car from them. I strongly recommend do not book car with this company and see alternative

Dores

January 21st, 2020 Thornhill, ON DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worse car rental i ever experience! From the customer service in Lisbon to the return at Porto. Don’t rent from them you will also get surprise charges on your credit card

Joseph Shpats

January 20th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL

my first time to write a review - but I had too, Worst customer service I have ever encountered- and I cant help feel it is intentionally. one of their customer hit my car from the back on Thursday, they have the report, they know they are at fault, Yet, he got to simply drive his rental $100k SUV and replace it, and I get a run around on customer support people to get a replacement car and adjuster. Sixt rent a Car- you are a disgrace to a service company.

Kai

January 16th, 2020 Abu Dhabi, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company to rent from. They do not have your vehicle class and then force an upgrade on you. Not only that, but they charge an additional day (after they didn't have the car I reserved), for only 90 minutes. I contacted them and they did nothing but call me "MS" when my name is Keith. Terrible company and even worse customer service. Refused to see the logic in the fact that they did not have the car class I reserved, so I had to upgrade at 15.00 a day rate, but then also pay for an extra day when I was 90 minutes late. They refused to refund the one day. Stay away from them at all costs.

Ijo thecat

January 16th, 2020 Frederick, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company ever. Don’t rent from these scammers. I had to wait more than an hour for pick up and then they didn’t have the car I reserved so I got a “nice” upgrade to a luxury car with an extra $400 in insurance payment. Never again!

Jackie

January 16th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They will charge you for damages you didn't do. And there's no way around it.

John Kearns

January 16th, 2020 Wantagh, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible customer service. Agents do not explain what you are signing for got billed for insurance I didn't want. First time renting from them will be my last.

JP

January 10th, 2020 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Avoid this rental company - Additional charges This is the first and last time that I rent from this company. The service for pickup is slow, it took 20 minutes for the clerk to provide the car keys and mentioned that they didn't have a compact car so they gave me an upgrade. During the pickup process, I had a feeling that all they care about is to try to sell you their insurance coverage which I declined since my Credit Card company covers the collision damage waiver (CDW) and loss damage waiver (LDW). The car was nice and in great condition. No complaints about the car. When returning the car, the clerk asked to leave the keys and said that they don't provide any document to confirm that I was returning the car and keys. Also, I mentioned that I filled up the gas, checked the exterior and that there were no issues with the car. Some days after returning the car, I received an email from the company indicating that there was a scratch in one of the rims. I didn't recognize the damage since I don't recall any issues while driving the car. As usual, when picking up (and returning) the car I did check the car for any damages but failed to review the rims (I have never in my life had to check the rims of a rental car). I have been renting cars from several companies (Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, National, Enterprise and Thrifty) for more than 20 years, more than 250 times and never had an issue (not even a scratch or dent). I drive carefully, have an impeccable driver insurance record and never caused any accidents or traffic incidents. I have been driving for more than 30 years without incidents. I had to pay EUR 160 to cover the 'damage'. I will never rent again from this company.

Jane

January 10th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Sixt is very horrible!!! This is the worst experience we have ever had!!! They are really not reliable!!! The car broke down on the highway on our way to the airport at midnight 1 am. The car cannot be started. We did not know there was a big issue with the car that it can cause us to fail to start the car until we call the road service after it broke down. And the staff of the Sixt did not tell us anything about this. We called Sixt, they did not allow us to leave until someone towed away the car and they promised us that we can leave by 5 am and so we can arrive at the airport on time to catch our flight. However, they spent more than 7 hours to deal with this. We were in cold winter on the highway without AC for more than 7 hours! Finally, I, my wife, and my parents, all of us missed our international flights. We had to spent extra $2,000 on booking new tickets and the hotel. We contact with the service department in France after we back to U.S., the Sixt refused to provide us any compensation and did not give us any chance to negotiate. They found many excuses to shirk their responsibility. It is really unfair to ask their customers to pay for their mistakes. If you don't want to waist your money, please don't rent cars from the Sixt!

gayana innocent

January 9th, 2020 Deerfield Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love Love Love Sixt. I rented a car for senior prom pictures and it was very nice.

APH

January 8th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give SIXT Rent A Car LLC a ZERO star rating, I would. The element of flexibility in modifying your reservation without ensuing an absurd additional cost is non-existent. Their prices fluctuate at an unpredictable rate. Don’t expect to keep the same car or anything close to your original reservation should you need to change your drop off or pick up time w/o being charged an additional day or accept an insulting downgrade. They count any additional hour as an entire day rental so whether you want to change your pickup and drop off time by 1 hr or 23 hrs past a 24hr window, you’ll be charged the same. For most people, life happens and it’s not too out of the norm for plans, flight times, and dates to change. If you’re most people then I would recommend you stick with a company like Hertz or Enterprise. This company is great for those who love in a world where Murphy’s Law is merely a myth. To add to the conglomerate of amazing service, upon traveling 8hrs, exhausted; I needed to make an appointment time 2 hours from when I landed. Predicting I had plenty of time to spare, I didn’t account for the misleading shuttle time of 10-15 mins to in reality be an hour. If you happen to get sick and tired of waiting at LAX Southwest terminal 1 under the purple shuttle sign for this SIXT shuttle to never pull over & pick you up, then don’t waste your time with calling to speak to an automated robot, or their useless online shuttle tracker, just hop right on the Enterprise shuttle. You’ll probably watch all the shuttles (enterprise, national, Alamo, hertz, etc.) all pick up passengers next to you at least 3 times before you’ll get picked up like I did. Enterprise car rental lot is right next to the SIXT car rental lot. I however, made the mistake of hopping onto the Alamo shuttle, which on Apple Maps looked close enough. It was not. It was an 11 min walk through a delightful part of town where I was so kindly offered rides by 5 individuals. Had I wanted to star in my very own Lifetime Original, I might have taken up one of those offers. Lastly, should you want to inquire about anything such as a refund for example and you don’t want to waste an hour of your day, then call SIXT Rent A Car LLC customer service Billing dept. and immediately ask to be transferred to a manager. I had the delightful opportunity to speak with Denise who told me to hold 4 times throughout a 35 min phone call. After she read a note she could see on her end regarding my refund, I asked her to walk me through my invoice and point that note out as it was not visible on my end. While she couldn’t answer my question, she did sneak attack transfer me over to someone else in the wrong dept after telling me a 5th time to hold on. I was silly and tried to explain to the man I was transferred to what happened thinking he’d be helpful only for him to do the same thing! Needless to say, this company is unethical, has poorly trained customer service representatives, and is not competitive with reputable car rental services such as Enterprise and Hertz. I am not entirely sure how this company is still in business, however my guess is that it probably has something to do with customers not being able to get or keep a SIXT representative on the phone long enough to submit a complaint.

Ted

January 8th, 2020 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Would never rent from them again. I booked with them for the week of Christmas. When I arrived at the Phoenix airport, they informed me that even though I had all my information (reservation numbers, etc), they could not rent to me because my ID's didn't match perfectly. My license has Theodore as my first name, but all my credit cards are under Ted. Their policy is that they must match exactly. Ridiculous! I've never had this happen before with any other car rental company. Nowhere do I recall such disclosures in my booking. They had my info beforehand and yet nothing was said until I arrived to pick up the car. Because this was Christmas week, there wasn't another car rental to be had. I was screwed. This was my first, and last rental with Sixt. Bah Humbug!

Karen Zeigler

January 8th, 2020 Springfield, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have to give them only 2 stars. Both stars are for price. After this it stops. We waited for the car way past our pick up time. It was not ready...Please wait an hour! Then we returned at night, failed to take pictures and were charged for scratches. We rented the vehicle and it stayed in a driveway of someone's home, plus my sister and I walked the car. We were not responsible! In addition it took them over a week to notify us of the claim. Basically they were unfair. If you read other reviews, they do this quite often. My suggestion, pay a little more for a trustworthy company.

Geneve Pierre

January 6th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This car rental company is really helpful when dealing with customer related issues . They work with their customers with pricing for their vehicles and any other travel accommodations.

mrnutthead

December 31st, 2019 Sparta, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

By far one of the worst low budget services I’ve seen. Customer Service reps are rude. The company has very limited customer service hours and the associates are not knowledgeable. Do yourself a favor and go with the bugger names. I had service in the DFW area last month.

Dawn Brunt

December 31st, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My score is zero. I rented a car from Sixt in Nottingham Great Britain. i had a puncture whilst i was renting the vehicle and was told I would be charged as getting a nail in the tire was not classed as damage. hey are now trying to charge me nearly 1 hundred and forty pounds. I rang the company and they told me that it was classed as damage. I told them what i had been told and they said i should not have been told that as the breakdown company does not belong to them. I am a disabled person and don't get a lot of money . This is making me ill as i don't have the money to pay it. I have now been told if i do not pay it will be passed to a debt collecting agency. I am really worried and do not know what to do. Can anyone help please.

Vadim

December 31st, 2019 Davison, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very poor experience with Sixt in Zurich - never using them again. Charged me twice because I had a different credit card with me than the one used to prepay (both cards are under my name!). As a result I lost on conversion charges. Charged me for full tank whilst I have returned the car with full tank and have only driven 200km (so impossible to use the full tank) - they acknowledged their mistake - but still charged me, so I've lost on conversion charges again. Got a tiny CHF20 fine for 5kmh speeding - Sixt admin charge is CHF35! They do not apologise, and just point to their rules and that in the end I've got a refund (but I was let down still due to conversion). Fine, Sixt, you can prove whatever you want, but you have lost a loyal customer forever.

Ruth

December 31st, 2019 Redding, CA

Our plane was delayed. We arrived at 1:09 am after calling and telling them we would be arriving very close to their closing time. We were assured a memo would be sent. No one was there. No note. No email conversation. I will never rent from them again. The app was not functioning. It could not find my reservation. Very frustrating. Overall experience is bad. Plus getting anyone on the phone is an exercise in futility.

Roman Christiansen

December 30th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I was in need of a rental car I used Sixt Rent a Car and it was an amazing experience! The car I used was very nice!

Defrauded

December 20th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We want to add our voice to the negative reviews of Sixt. We recently rented a vehicle in Karlsruhe, Germany. we booked through Expedia and arrived at what seemed a good rate. When we picked up the vehicle, however, the desk attendant failed to explain insurance options and what we had already purchased through Expedia, and charged us over $160 for premium insurance. A few simple questions from the attendant would have avoided the extra charges. Frankly, we felt misled by Sixt, and by a desk attendant possibly more focused on bonuses from insurance sales than fairness to customers. We are very unlikely to rent from Sixt again.

madeleine delage

December 18th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

To bad I cant give them a 0. Just like many reviews I read here, my daugther and I were given the wrong car stating they didnt have any other available even if I reserved 3 days in advance and then they wanted us to pay for all the wrong things they found on the car...even the scratch that were mention in the contract. THEY ARE CROOKS...NO OTHER WORDS FOR THEM. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!!

MJ O'Sullivan

December 13th, 2019 Brighton, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT USE THIS CAR RENTAL COMPANY- THEY ARE FRAUDULENT IN THEIR BILLING PRACTICES!! After pre-paying for a rental and told by their Customer Service people that the costs were all-in, they added $60 to my credit card 2 weeks after the car was turned in. It took months to resolve this fraudulent charge. Additionally- the Orlando service center was an exercise in chaos- people everywhere, indistinguishable lines crossing, counter people chatting away while Rome burned. NEVER AGAIN- I'd rather walk then do business with these charlatans.

Alex

December 12th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

STAY AWAY!!! THE WORST COMPANY!!! On Monday, 12th of August 2019, after a long trip from Greece, I arrived in the airport of Edinburgh with my wife and I went to the reception of Sixt, in order to receive the car of my reservation and to begin our honeymoon. There, something beyond belief happened. Sixt's employees rejected my VALID EU driving license because it did not have english letters, according to the "company's policy". As a result of this I had to go to EVERY SINGLE company in the rental center, in order to find an available car in the FULL SEASON of August. After THREE hours I finally rented a car from Europcar. My first day of my honeymoon was ruined because of Sixt, as I arrived to Glasgow, where I had booked a hotel, at 23:00! When I asked the employees in what policy they were reffering to, showing to them the official policy from the official site of Sixt, they pointed to me the paragraph for the non EU licenses. When Greece became a non EU country??? Their policy said clearly: "Valid driving licences of all other EU countries are accepted in the UK without further preconditions". Every other company accepted my VALID EU driving license, with my VALID EU ID for translation. They just did not have any available car, except of Europcar, because of the full season. That's why I had made a reservation in Sixt and I paid for this, 8 months ago, in order to guarantee a car. Also, the employees told me that I would receive a mail for a refund and that on Tuesday (13/08/2019) the manager would call me. I did not receive any mail or phone call. They led me to such a hassle and they didn't even contact me!! That is UNACCEPTABLE!!! Stay away in order to avoid a similar hassle!! I paid the double amount of money and I did not received any refund!

Diane

December 11th, 2019 Columbus, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zero stars. They are the worst, charged us twice and say they refunded the first but did not. Getting our money is now an ordeal. They have horrible customer service and place the burden of responsibility on us to prove they didn't refund. The standard line is " I have to contact accounting " which means no one is going to do anything. I will never ever ever ever rent from them again and if you are reading this fo yourself a favor and rent from someone else.

Andrijana B.Gjurovikj

December 6th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A problematic company. We were charged twice and it takes me ow more than 3 days to see and communicate what happened. Save yourself time and do not use their services. I do not think they will exist. I did not read any reviews about them prior to using them. i should have.

Clairine Anderson

December 4th, 2019 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Run fast from these crooks. They will rent you a damaged car and try to claim that you damaged it. I rented from Tampa airport. Picked up the vehicle at night and noted dents and scratches. Only scratches were listed in the contract so I asked the rude guy in the booth (that did not want to come from behind the booth) he said he is not required to walk the car. When I dropped off the car that I nearly even used the entire weekend, they said it looked like it had been in a hail storm and is now trying to charge me $1600 to fix a vehicle that was probably damaged from someone who wanted to take a convertible BMW out for the weekend. Not today Sixt. I am not paying for your damaged car and I will never rent from these thieves again.

Sarah

December 4th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst travelling experience I have had in my life. Was charged thousands of dollars for damages that I did not cause, 3 weeks after returning the car. Customer service is appalling, my emails have not been answered and I have no explanation for where these costs came from and why it took 3 weeks to charge me for these things. Do not rent from them, this is a complete scam and has made my travelling experience so much worse.

Patry

November 26th, 2019 Dayton, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It’s incredible that in these times there can exist such bad customer service. And to make matters worse, their excuses are childish

Evan Kotsovinos

November 20th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolute fraud. Their office told me to call their line to cancel, I did so, and they asked me to email. By the time I emailed they told me it was too late to cancel and refused to refund. I am disputing through my credit card company. Disgusting service and will never use again.

Hesta Fortgang

November 20th, 2019 White Plains, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rented a car at Palm Beach Intl airport last Fb. I bought insurance with Sixt. A man hit me in the rear, I called sixt immediately, and gave them all the info on the driver and the car. it is now 9 months later and six tells me I have to pay the damage, th other insurance company denied the claim and the insurance I bought thru Sixt is something I have to claim myself UNHEARD OF SERVICE

Jomar Cabiles

November 13th, 2019

This company is the most HORRIFIC rental car i have ever had in my entire life. Rented a car for half day from Orlando to Miami just because i wanted to see the whole scenic. My $54 quote went up to $230. Unbelievable charges for a rental car. The most painful part was they preauthorized my credit card for $593😬😬😬.. and when i returned my car to the airport, the guy said that an invoice will be emailed to me and that the hold will disappear. I called them 7 days after asking for the invoice. They ended up getting my wrong email and they said my card should have been charge only the $230 and that the hold for $593 should have now disappeared. They said to wait for few More days and send them a copy of my statement. I sent them the email copy of my statement and got an email to wait for 28 days. Avoid this rental car at any cost!!!! Its a scam... I am more beyond mad!!!

mary

October 31st, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rented thru sixt only because my company assigned them to me when I planned my vacation thru the company site. We left the airport with the car and got a flat tire. I called to report the flat. They sent AAA out to help. Then they told me the car had to go to a tire place and the tire needed to be repaired or replaced at my expense. Turns out, the tire needed to be plugged. Once I turned the car in, my final bill was $85.00 more than I was originally quoted. I will NEVER rented from them again and I will be filing a complaint with my company.

Dawn gargano

October 29th, 2019 Nolensville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Omg I wish I would have read these reviews before I rented a car from them for my trip to dublin....what a nightmare....I got the car on priceline and got the extra protection come to find out they dobt accept the protection from priceline...when I tried to cancel my reservation they told me I had to email them a cancellation ...no you cancel my reservation now or find someone t hff at can I already booked with another company I'm not writing an email....I called priceline and they told me they couldnt do anything...now I've been waiting all day till night cuz the sixt supervisor was suppose to call me back and hasntvreturned my call yet ...ne er ever rent a car from these people

Sandy Webber

October 28th, 2019 Oregon, WI

They are HORRIBLE! Hurrican Irma was approaching Florida and the Orlando airport and the SIXT car rental in Orlando were closed on the day my son was to fly out. So he drove to the next closest airport with a Sixt car rental location. SIXT CHARGED HIM SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS AS A ONE WAY CAR RENTAL FEE! EVEN THOUGH THEIR OFFICE WAS CLOSED ON THE DAY OF HIS FLIGHT! The airline didn't charge him a change fee. FYI Sixt - haven't you ever heard of honey attracting more bees than vinegar?????? You are all vinegar!

dh

October 28th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

rented in vienna. upon return walked the car with the attendant who gave me assurances that all was intact. the next day I got my paid reciept. 2 days later they said that I left a 8inch scratch..yet both the attendant and myself never saw anything like that. Two days after they assume responsibility and they find damage???? I asked for timed, dated photo which they could never supply. they finally (two weeks later)sent some pics of tiny pebble scratches in lower front bumper. I disputed it vigorously as these were almost microscopic and not a 8 inch gash. many defects were noted upon my acceptance thay they never got repaired, yet they wanted 1k for these ?new one. they want to sell you an additional 40$ a day policy so you never have to worry about this. This is a scam. never again. if you get suckered, take every possible picture and even a video as they are going to screw you.

Michael Roberge

October 28th, 2019 Litchfield, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can't stress enough...do not rent from this company. I reserved months in advance thinking this new company that boasted customer service was going to take care of us. If you're like me, this is very rare that I can get away like this. My experience will tell all. I reserved a Mercedes or similar( Jaguar or Lincoln). When I arrived the lot was empty of those cars...only big SUVs or this big Cadillac that I ended up taking. But then she said it would be $100 more. When I returned it, I told them I would write this review. There was no compensation for their own mistake. Her excuse was, "we are such a small company, we don't have enough cars." I will never nor would I recommend wasting my time here. If they refund my money...I will re-post.