SIXT started out with three locations and grew into an international company with locations throughout the United States. Currently, the company is present in 105 countries across the globe with over 2,000 branch locations. SIXT purchases more than 200,000 vehicles annually and owns the world's largest fleet of premium German cars.

The Good

• Vehicle Types
  • Price Range
  • Toll Prepay Option
  • Online Check-In

Vehicle Types

The SIXT vehicle fleet hosts models from German favorites like BMW, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi. Vehicle types include:

• Convertibles
  • Luxury cars
  • Minivans
  • SUVs
  • Passenger vans

Price Range

SIXT offers vehicles ranging in average prices in the car rental industry. While the prices are not necessarily low, SIXT's car selection is of a higher quality than many economy budget car rentals. The car make and models are newer and more modern so if that is important to you then the average cost is more than worth paying. Regardless of the price listed for a car, though, SIXT boasts a Best Price Guarantee.

Toll Prepay Option

A very convenient feature is the ability to order toll passes through the company's website. Having a toll pass makes your commute easier when you travel. This comes as part of the online check-in.

Online Check-In

You can check in your car from SIXT's website instead of the rental counter using one of two options: the online check-in portal via the website or the on-site terminal. After you sign in and check in with your reservation number, you go to SIXT's express counter and swap your signature for the car keys. For the terminal option, follow these steps:

1. Insert your Sixt Express Card or credit card into the terminal.
  2. The terminal detects your card automatically and shows you the reservation. You also have the option of booking extras at this point, such as winter tires.
  3. Select your car out of three vehicle options.
  4. Confirm the booking details and print your rental agreement.
  5. Open the safe and take the vehicle keys.

This makes checking in easy and fast and eliminates the issue of long lines that you get with other car rental companies.

The Bad

• Limited U.S. Availability
  • No Instant Return
  • No On-Site Fuel Discount

Limited U.S. Availability

SIXT has rental car locations in 15 states, so your options are limited in the United States. Sixt has rental counters at some major airports throughout North America, but not as many as some competitors. For instance, most rental companies have counters at JFK, LaGuardia, or Newark airports in the New York City area and SIXT does not. On the plus side, SIXT is worldwide, so it is likely to cover your international travel needs.

No Instant Return

SIXT lacks an instant return option where you can leave the car with the keys inside. You must return the vehicle to a rental office (or other identified location) on the date and time specified in your rental agreement.

No On-Site Fuel Discount

SIXT does not offer discounts for fueling your vehicle on-site. If a customer returns the car low on gas, SIXT charges a $50 fee.

The Bottom Line

If you're itching to try out a new or luxury car, look no further than SIXT. With quick check-in, no hidden costs, and free cancellation, SIXT is all about convenience. However, the company is not readily available throughout North America, especially in smaller states and cities.

1.3

Rose Smith

June 19th, 2020 Coos Bay, OR

The rental car process was fine and the car was clean and nice. The reason why I am giving them a 1 is because the charged me twice. It has been almost 4 weeks now and I still have not been refunded the extra charge of $118.22. No one can tell me what the charge is for. They do not have record of the extra charge but both have been charged to my credit card. I do not calls back or emails. You cannot reach customer service by phone and they do not answer your emails. You have to wait for over 15 minutes to get a hold of someone at the Phoenix Airport location

Erika Juliani

May 27th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They steal money! DO NOT RENT FROM THEM! I made a reservation and immediately cancelled it because I entered the wrong picked up time. They charged my $121 dollars for a cancelled reservation and I never got a refund. I made a new reservation right after I cancelled the first one with the correct pick up time, but because of Covid-19 they closed their counter early at Tampa International Airport at 11pm. My plane didn't arrive till midnight even though they were supposed to be open till 1am. They charged me another $85 dollars for that reservation. I ended up paying over $206 dollars for a car I never rented. These people are thieves. Do not rent from them, they steal money. I ended up renting from another car rental company that was open during Covid at the airport. They told me Sixt rental are huge scammers and a lot of customers end up losing their money and never even get a car from them....just like me.

Brittany Lawson

May 22nd, 2020 Fort Mill, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I booked a car rental via hotwire for a car through "Sixt" rental company for my trip to Philadelphia, PA.  Neither company would budge on either a credit or refund for a prepaid car rental for memorial day weekend based on a no cancellation policy.  However, when the trip was booked back in early march, it was prior to all the Covid state shut downs.  My trip was unfortunately cancelled due to Covid as Philadelphia is still under a state of emergency/"stay at home" order through June 6, 2020 which overlaps my original trip date.   Most other car services are allowing for either credits or allowing cancellations with refunds due to these extenuating circumstances.  What did both Sixt and Hotwire tell me?  Well, they basically said I'm out of luck and won't receive a refund or credit.  Both Sixt and Hotwire have exhibited poor customer service in comparison to other companies who provide the same services.   I would highly recommend using more morally sound companies for your booking needs.   I know I will.

Melanie Shoffner

May 19th, 2020 Harrisonburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Two years ago - 2 - I rented a car in London from SixtUK at Heathrow Airport. I drove said car for a few days before finding it with a flat tyre, over 100 miles from my conference location. I contacted the company for the needed repair and waited in a local cafe for several hours, going back and forth on my cell, before they finally dispatched a service to fix the flat. Only they needed to tow the car to a shop instead of fixing it where I was - mind you, I was in a Salisbury parking lot, not the middle of the moor, so this should not have been difficult, but...the tow truck arrived, the young man informed me he didn't have the right tyre at his shop, so he'd order the right one. This very special tyre might come in within 24 hours, maybe longer. Since I was on my way to a conference, I asked for a different car, given their inability to provide tyres. For cars. That they rent. And they said they would have to bring one from London. So, I had to buy a rail ticket, schlump my bags to the station, and stand in a full carriage for the long trip to the conference, then do the same again to leave the conference several days later. Naturally, SixtUK charged me for the flat tyre. Several phone calls later, they appeared to accept that my additional expense and wasted time were fair trades for their lack of customer service and professionalism. Case closed. But no! Two years later, Inshaal K, SixtUK's persistent claims agent, reappeared! (Perhaps they were bored during the pandemic?) The email and phone harassment began. And it went like this: Inshaal sends a form letter; I respond. Inshaal sends another form letter, ignoring my previous email; I write a response that he also ignores. Then SixtUK decided to call, leaving messages to return their call. I responded with email and text, asking them to set up a time to call me since I don't sit expectantly by my phone and don't need to incur international phone charges by buying a new phone plan. No response. Until I get the threatening letter from a law firm in Germany! It seems SixtUK uses the somewhat questionable services of Haas & Kollegen Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft to harass me now. (Their website is a payment service, so...) Not surprisingly, it took some time to contact them but they agreed to look into the matter. At the same time, SixtUK responded on Twitter, saying they were horrified by this whole story (aghast, I tell you!) and would look into it. They then responded with "We are unfortunately not able to access any information as this has been pass to the debt collector. May we request you to get in touch with them?" I pointed out this made no sense, to which they responded, "Based on the rental agreement you provided, we are unable to identify that this rental was passed to a debt collector. Please send us a screen shot of the letter" You do notice the outright lie here, I'm sure. But I did send an email, with yet another explanation, to which Dawn L responds with the same rote letter I've received before, addressing NONE of the points I've noted in my communication. And now I've received yet another bill from the law firm - sorry, debt collector. This company reneged on a verbal contract - which, if not an actual breach of the law, is a breach of ethics - after execrable service. Sixt refuses to acknowledge my communications, refuses to admit fault in their response to this situation, and continues to require excessive amounts of my time and energy in response to these claims, assumedly toward my capitulating to what constitutes harassment in order to pay monies that were long ago deemed unnecessary. Disgusting doesn't begin to describe them.

Aaron S.

May 14th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had two international trips that got canceled secondary to COVID-19. When the first was canceled, SixT refused a full refund. I had to waste a great deal of my time going through my bank to obtain the refund. When the second canceled, I didn't have it in me to fight the good fight again, so I was going to take their offer for a credit. However, their stipulation was that I use the credit in the international country I had originally planned to travel to. They continued to refuse more than a 30% refund (total scam). They are raking in cash hand over fist not providing services to people and are exploiting a global pandemic. I will never use this company again and recommend saving yourself the hassle by using a better company. If there is ever a class action lawsuit against this company, I hope to be a part of it.

Samira Roberts

April 28th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They wouldn’t let us use the rental in certain states (even though the website says UNLIMITED MILEAGE) and after I cancelled it that’s when everything went down the drain. They charged me card AGAIN DAYS after I canceled my rental and they didn’t not give me a full refund like I was promised . It’s WAYYYY too much back and forth with these people. Horrible customer service !!

Manuel

April 21st, 2020 Toronto, ON DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I usually rent from Sixt or Hertz. We had a European trip planed and we had prepaid Sixt and hertz for our rental cars in different countries. Hertz reimbursed me 100% due to Covid19 and Sixt couldn’t care less that I was a loyal customer and didn’t reimburse me. Guess from now on it will be always Hertz, even if I have to pay double.

CaNe25282330

April 17th, 2020 Homer City, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can’t give zero stars! I canceled a reservation due to not being allowed by the government to travel. You charged me the full amount and when disputed, you sent it to collections. Here are a few issues with this..... 1. Plain disgusting corporate policies 2. Taking advantage of suffering people who have NEVER used your services. 3. Sending information to collection agencies prior to any rendering of services. 4. Once the credit card company re-submits the money to you and charges the customers, you don’t remove the collection notice and would-have-been customers deal with harassment caused by your ignorance, greed and insensitivity to the consumer. Did I say, this has all occurred prior to April 15th for a reservation NOT SCHEDULED UNTI APRIL 29th! You move fast to rip off you customers!!! By reading the reviews your customers are leaving it looks like your car rental company is going down a rocky road (no pun intended). Tough times ahead for you; consumer perception is your reality. A happy customer tells 1 person he/she was happy. An unhappy customer tells 25; this number is exponentially greater in the age of social media. So, for now I hope you use every dime you have stolen from hard-working Americans, and visitors alike, to prolong the agony of your failing industry. Until then, I, nor will HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS influenced by the sting of social media, ever use your company again. Allow me to take to my travel blog..... Wishing your criminal enterprise a slow recovery! You reap what you sow. #sixtcarrentalcrooks

Claudia Montero

April 17th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So .... let me start by saying they scammed me. I had made a pre-paid reservation before the whole Covid-19 started and once we got a stay home order, I tried to cancel. They would not cancel without keeping 1/3 of the rental, which was sick to me, but I went ahead and tried to cancel to recoup at least 2/3 of what I had paid .... their reservation system would not work or recognize my reservation number so apparently my reservation was never cancelled even though I had several emails back and forth with them! Total scam and the type of company that seems to feel ok about taking advantage of this crazy situation we are in .... Sad. :(

Johnathan Kiser

April 16th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Avoid this company. One of the worst experiences I’ve ever had with a rental car company. I booked a BMW sedan type vehicle in advance at an incredible price point. Upon getting to the airport, I waited for 40 minutes on a shuttle that claims to run every 10 minutes. This is during the COVID pandemic, so I give them some leeway due to staffing shortages. However, when I get to the offsite location and find out that my vehicle is not available is totally unacceptable. I’m told, “Because it’s so slow, we are just giving everyone free upgrades.” I guess that means that they gave away my rental. So I ask for 1 of the 3 convertible because they literally have no other luxury sedans available. I’m told the manager said, “No” and that they will only rent an SUV to me. If I wanted an SUV and the lower gas mileage, I would have booked an SUV. I requested a sedan vehicle, and they refused to rent one of the sedans they had on their lot. So I requested a shuttle back to the airport and rented from a more reputable rental company. I cost me 1.5 hours for a lesson learned, and I’ll never make that mistake again.

Joan

April 10th, 2020 Rochester, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

DO NOT RENT FROM SIXT. This company is more than awful. They are screwing over hundreds of loyal customers as they have refused to offer refunds to prepaid rental customers during the COVID-19 pandemic!!! I would rather pay hundreds more to any other company - please I implore you - do NOT give this rental company any future business!!! The customer service is non-existent. I will never never never rent from them again. Customer service is horrible.

LLM1965Canada

April 7th, 2020 Windsor, ON DETAILS arrow_drop_down

SIXT car rental is horrible. I prepaid for a car in Phoenix in May. I’m Canadian. Border is closed. Covid19 pandemic. Can’t cancel without hefty penalty. Pissed I prepaid. SIXT is horrible and I will never book them again. I will shout from the rooftops, AVOID SIXT!

albanykk100

April 7th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do NOT use this location if you are Black or Hispanic. Please use a company that values your business without regard to you race. The owner refuses to apologize or acknowledge my review. That alone says something about him. I dont want to make this long so I won't go into all the questions and comments (asked by a male) that belittled me and showed I was being judged. They assumed that I was going to let unauthorized people drive the car because I am a HARTFORD resident and not caucasian. I am aware that people do this but I don't. I am a professional who lives and works in Hartford. I was denied information regarding adding a driver. I was in a hurry so I rented the car but later that day I called because I felt discriminated against and I wanted to know the procedure. When I called spoke with another employee she very professionally told me the policy. I asked why was I denied and not given the information. She said she didnt know why but I could come back and she would add it. I'm sorry she has to work at a place where people in charge don't respect all races, backgrounds and genders. Enterprise and Hertz are fine establishments. I use them all the time and will stick with them. We need to stop supporting business in our community that don't respect the people who live here. Even if they were cheaper than competitors they will never get my business again

Helen Casserly

March 31st, 2020 Rochester, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Vikram, Khalid & Nick at (BHX) Birmingham Airport Sixt rental car provided me with EXCEPTIONAL service. My family was in crisis & my original contract with the Heathrow Airport office was misinterpreted & no longer served my needs. I arrived in an extremely distressed state, but was treated with so much empathy & compassion. They made me feel that no problem was insurmountable. I applaud Vikram, Khalid & Nick, they have ensured my loyalty to Sixt. ~ Helen Casserly ~

Dan

March 28th, 2020 Campbell, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As many have mentioned i am in the same boat. Had a trip planned to Maui ,and because of the Covid-19 circumstances i need to cancel my car. I explained to them that since i am out of work for the next few weeks that the money cold be better used elsewhere at the moment, i.e, rent, food,bills etc. When i told the reservations department that, they told me "that's not our problem" and we do not give full refunds. ALL OTHER companies gave me a full refund back and actually said they were sorry that our vacation was canceled. I have used SIXT many times in the past but they just lost a customer for life as of today. THE WORST customer service and company i have ever dealt with in my life.

Jeremias Sanchez

March 28th, 2020 Lorain, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They only refunded $57 out of a $204 car rental. Won't ever do business with Sixt again. No compassion towards those affected by the Coronavirus pandemic.

CWN 175

March 23rd, 2020 Chelsea, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I made a reservation for a van to take the family on a spring break trip. I am a firefighter and my brother is a Police Officer. Due to Covid-19 we have been ordered to stay in the State and CANNOT travel. Sixt REFUSES to refund us for the rental. Horrible company.

Laurence Jules

March 23rd, 2020 Newbury Park, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Share review Embed review Write an update Edit review 3/23/2020 Cancelled a reservation because due to the virus and everything being closed there was no point in doing the trip to Orlando no more. They refused to refund the money and charged the FULL amount of the 2 day rental as a cancellation. I am of course disputing the charge with my credit card but what sort of company does this?!!!!!!!!!!!! There's an pandemic, I made the reservation a few weeks prior, with the beach, disney and everything fun closed there was no point and I had no issue getting my money back from any place else but Sixt rent a car

Robert Fisher

March 19th, 2020 Columbus, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Disappointed in this company. First time we decided to use them because they had the best price directed through Priceline. The COVID-19 incidence happened and they refused to cooperate with a full refund. Their reasoning was "sound business practices." During these tough times, we have had refunds from all other travel related companies, but not Sixt. We travel frequently and will steer clear of this company in the future; we will also be sure to warn friends and family. Sixt is more concerned with making a quick buck than global health and easing the burden of American citizens during a pandemic.

Martym

March 19th, 2020 Spokane, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor corporate customer service. No heart. Unethical cancellation fees

Kathleen Lesperance

March 19th, 2020 Campbellsville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I will never again rent a car from Sixt car rental! I rented a car from them in December in Germany and when it was returned there was a ~2” scratch on the wheel. They took pictures and charged me $694.25 to replace the one wheel! The wheel sells here for ~$104.00 (I looked it up!). But what gets me even worse is the fact that due to my disability I need a lot of space to get out of the car on the driver side which is where the damage was. I do not recall ever hitting anything with that wheel. I only parked angle and parallel with the passenger side to the curb. They never gave me a receipt or a copy of what I agreed to when I accepted the car nor did they do a walk around (which I will always do in the future) to assure no damage/scratches or dents. They will not answer me as to why the cost is so high and I even sent them a copy of where I could obtain the same wheel for $104! I have had to write them multiple times asking the same questions including an itemized bill translated in English. The answer one question and one question only at a time. Yes I paid the bill but I will never ever deal with them again nor do I recommend them!

Never use Sixt!

March 17th, 2020 Tallinn, 37 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would never recommend Sixt. I rented a car in London and bought extra insurance they kindly recommended for foreigners. It would have been nice of them to inform me about possible congestion charges while driving through the centre of the city: I got a penalty of 180 pounds. OK – my fault... Additionally 7 months later a freaking German debt collection company raised a demand for unpaid costs: everything is long paid, including the penalties, including the extra protection and now I have to spend my time sorting this mess up. Why do these types of companies still exists – should be long bankrupt with peer-to-peer car lending so easily available and with much better service.

Gwen

March 17th, 2020 Schenectady, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In the midst of the Coronavirus, I tried to just cancel my reservation because I'm from NY and most likely exposed plus the parks in Florida were all closed which was the reason we were going. They refused to give a refund citing no travel ban..even though it would have been irresponsible for me to travel. Not knowing when I could reschedule my vacation I wanted to cancel.

Leonie Wims. L.Ac.

March 14th, 2020 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Sixt once before and had a great experience and decided I would use them again. However, after my experience yesterday on March 13, 2020 I will never use Sixt again Ever. After reserving vehicle, I dropped my car at my mechanic in Pompano and headed to Sixt on se6th in Ft Lauderdale. Well, I was left stranded in the parking lot because they were unable to rent me the car I reserved because I had no utility bill. In addition, I was offered a Toyota Yaris for almost $150 for a day. Oh, and apparently the manager was "out to lunch" so no-one was able to "help, me. Well, I casually walked down the street to Enterprise where I rented a full-sized sedan (Nissan Altima) for FOUR days, and my grand total was $108. No hassle, No fuss,, and No utility bill. Thank You Enterprise.

Cody

March 8th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not rent from them. I made a reservation for a 4 wheel drive vehicle. When I got there they told me that they didn't have any in the vehicle class I reserved and that I would have to pay a fee to upgrade to be able to get a vehicle with 4 wheel drive. What does reservation mean then? While driving it a truck in front of me kicked up a rock that chipped the windshield. Upon return I took pictures and asked the return agent if this would constitute as a damage claim, to which he told me no. He said this happens all the time, that it was an easy fix and there wouldn't be any additional charges. Which was a lie, because 3 months down the road I receive a claim email informing me I owe for the repair as well as their "lost time". I don't appreciate being lied to, but also if I had known they were going to file a claim I could've filed it with the insurance I have on my travel rewards card, but the deadline for filing is 2 months so I was out of luck. Also, they're located far from the airport, and their bus doesn't run very frequently. We waited for the bus for over 30 minutes in the cold.

Allison Wingle

March 2nd, 2020 Edgewater, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Scammers!!!!Picked up a car at Hartsfield Jackson airport at around 1 am. The person behind the counter did not go over anything with us. Never had us sign anything, When we asked what we do if we got pulled over because he never gave us a contract he said to show the police our confirmation number. He told us to put our credit card in the machine because we needed to give him a $200 deposit. He handed us keys and sent us on our way. When we got home we discovered we had a $100 gas fee and an upgrade charge of $100 that we never agreed to or asked for. Don't use this company. They are scammers!!!!

Trina Gaines

March 2nd, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst experience ever! I have rented many cars. This was my first time getting scammed. We returned the car and days later, the company sent an email reporting a dent...not visible to the naked eye. I literally needed a magnifying glass to see the dent. There was no dent!!! They threatened action if they weren’t paid $450. If you have money to throw away, then by all means, rent from this company. If I could give it 0 stars, I would.

Sue

February 26th, 2020 Cape Coral, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rented the car in Ft. Myers Beach for February 14, 2020 prepaid in January 6, 2020. We went to the airport to pick up the car and was told by the agent that he would give us an upgrade at no charge. But the only fee that we would have to pay was for an additional driver. I kept repeating to the agent the car was paid for in January and the only fee that I was being charged for was additional drive, and he agreed. When I got home checked my card and additional $816.00 was charged to my account. Called to inquiry that they have made a mistake and charged my card twice. I was told that I was paying for the upgrade at $40.00 per day. My total bill from this unethical rental was $2,000. I could have rented a mercedes. Even the customer service representative agreed that it was outrageous but nothing they could do. I would never ever do business with the company again. And looking at the other reviews, hundreds of people agree. I will be calling the Better Business Bureau and the State Attorney Generals Office.

Samuel

February 19th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

THE SERVICE WAS HORRIBLE. THEY DON’T HAVE ANY OPTIONS TO HELP THE CUSTOMER. I made a reservation for a car that could fit 12 people, 3 days before I needed it. I also prepaid it to make sure that I would get that car. The vehicle was confirmed the day before but the day I went to go pick up the car they told me that it was not available because they had given it to someone else. This really affected my trip. Their solution was to look in another company and they said that they could cancel my reservation for free. This was their only solution when clearly that was their fault. This was very irresponsible. It was also very hard to find a car like the one I needed after they gave it to someone else. It led me to cancel my trip, and this is not counting how much money I lost.

Brandon Baker

February 19th, 2020 Temple, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sixt did not hold my reservation specifically for a car, not an SUV. When I arrived they only had SUV's and one car. I requested a car for ease of parking in downtown. In order to leave in the smaller car size I reserved they charged me $27 extra per day! The customer service employee said that I should have just taken the SUV, and since they offered and SUV they are not obligated to compensate for the difference. SIXT will not hold your reservation and will not make things right when they fail on their end.

WhatsRight

February 12th, 2020 Cleveland, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just like so many others, we were victims of fraud. They have a bogus damage certificate & even sent pictures of an obviously different vehicle. Avoid this company. Reading from others here, it’s just like what happened to us at Miami airport. It sounds like their strategy is to put pressure on inexperienced people, and hope they pay. Don’t give in

DarGaff

February 7th, 2020 Glen Cove, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We rented a car in Florence. Returning the car was a nightmare-no signs to do so or people to ask. We received 5 tickets for driving in TLZ roads EVEN though we followed the GPS exclusively. Fees for each ticket is approx. $40 each. We asked for some consideration and just get more emails demanding the money.

Estelle Williams

February 7th, 2020 Round Lake, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I think Sixt scams people. This was the second time and the last time I will use them. The first time I rented a vehicle they said I chipped the windshield, I didn't notice a chip when I returned it so I thought well maybe it's possible so I payed for it. Now I rent a vehicle that was dented around 1am and they told me the dents were documented and not to worry about it. After returning the vehicle (with no attendant in the return area or the front desk) I got an email from them indicating that I have to pay for the dent damage. The dents were already there! I just received another email from them today in response to my complaint and yep, you guessed it, they are saying that unless I have pics to proof that the car had a dent on the hood I will have to pay for it. The other dents were documented but the one on the hood was not, so since I didn't take a pic of the hood I am responsible for the repair. OK, how many of you take a pic of the car from top to bottom? Sixt is in business of renting cars and scamming people as they have done me. When i picked up the car and the guy said not to worry, all the dents were documented, I took him at his word. I am so irritated with this Company. I DO NOT RECOMMEND using them and I hope that this will help other people from making the mistake I made.

Greg M

February 4th, 2020 St Louis, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Check in process was ridiculous and timely. No one in line however the system was not working and once getting checked in, the card reader would not work and I had to do the whole process again. We did end up with a broken windshield and I was charged two days "loss of use" we all know a windshield takes two hours at most to replace. No wonder our insurance rates sky rocket as these companies charge more than they need to. I also see Sixt has their own insurance coverage for loss so why am I being charged. SIXT owes me one day "loss of use" and I will never rent from them again.

Xcraft Llc

February 4th, 2020 Altoona, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Useless cancellation policy. Expect your money to be gone as soon as you reserve a car no matter what.

Peggy Harty

January 29th, 2020 Moab, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My rental experience was quite good, (shuttle service to and from airport, polite service, and a nice new car) that is, until over a week after checking it in I received a bill for over $700 to repair the "superficial" scratch that was considered new damage on top of 10 other existing damages that had obviously not been repaired. I will never use this company again! Anything good about the car and the local service was ruined by the shock of being billed for damage I didn't cause.

aks

January 29th, 2020 Wilmington, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rented at OGG (Maui, HI) through Hotwire. Charged a two week rental, for the requested dates 12-23 January 2020. Was told that there was no additional charges. However, company came back later and charge twice the daily rate because I as told that I was 3 hours past my 23 January turn in. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

ROBO HANDLE

January 28th, 2020 Schaumburg, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This rental car company is the [email protected]#$ worst company to deal with. Do not ever rent anything from this company. They will rip you off until you are broke!!! The way they make money is putting faults claim on you and then charge you for it. Unbelievable these thrives are not arrested for stealing your money!!! Never do business with these people!!!

Maria Soboleva

January 28th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

STAY AWAY FROM THIS RENTAL! they will scam you with a fraudulent claim after you return the car! Read reviews carefully!! Two weeks after I returned the car at Miami airport I received $910 claim with a FAKE damage report! (THEY FORGED MY SIGNATURE!)

steve pavlak

January 28th, 2020 Youngstown, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give it a zero if I could. Fort Lauderdale experience horrible. Upon return they started taking photos of my vehicle. I did not do any damage and they state there is from their records. If they bill my insurance I will sue them.

Robert Anderson

January 22nd, 2020 Edwardsville, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I prepaid several months in advance. When I arrived at the desk I was told the SUV I rented was not available but as a favor they would upgrade me for $37. I questioned if that was $37 for the entire 10 days and was told it was $37 extra per day. I refused to pay an extra $370 so finally the agent said he’d give me the upgrade. Now after I returned home they charged my credit card an additional $19 per day for road service insurance. Who in their right mind would pay $200 for insurance when IF road service was needed it wouldn’t cost that much. They say I signed the agreement. I believe since it was electronic signature the additional service was added later.

Alexander Lee

January 22nd, 2020 Almaty, ALA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I booked car for my vacation on Curaçao and choose SIXT. When I came to get my car I spent 40 minutes to get car, it was not line, I was first, but guy said they waiting car from car wash and asked me wait 5 min, after that 10 min and finally it’s took 40 min. Said problem I had when I returned my car, I cat find anyone. In same place were another company as Hertz, Alamo and etc and they had more customers, all customers took cars and leave, and leave, and only I wait my car after flight. My daughter was tired after flight and we stayed under hot Caribbean sun and waiting our car. I height my experience with SIXT and I never ever will book car from them. I strongly recommend do not book car with this company and see alternative

Dores

January 21st, 2020 Thornhill, ON DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worse car rental i ever experience! From the customer service in Lisbon to the return at Porto. Don’t rent from them you will also get surprise charges on your credit card

Joseph Shpats

January 20th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL

my first time to write a review - but I had too, Worst customer service I have ever encountered- and I cant help feel it is intentionally. one of their customer hit my car from the back on Thursday, they have the report, they know they are at fault, Yet, he got to simply drive his rental $100k SUV and replace it, and I get a run around on customer support people to get a replacement car and adjuster. Sixt rent a Car- you are a disgrace to a service company.

Kai

January 16th, 2020 Abu Dhabi, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company to rent from. They do not have your vehicle class and then force an upgrade on you. Not only that, but they charge an additional day (after they didn't have the car I reserved), for only 90 minutes. I contacted them and they did nothing but call me "MS" when my name is Keith. Terrible company and even worse customer service. Refused to see the logic in the fact that they did not have the car class I reserved, so I had to upgrade at 15.00 a day rate, but then also pay for an extra day when I was 90 minutes late. They refused to refund the one day. Stay away from them at all costs.

Ijo thecat

January 16th, 2020 Frederick, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company ever. Don’t rent from these scammers. I had to wait more than an hour for pick up and then they didn’t have the car I reserved so I got a “nice” upgrade to a luxury car with an extra $400 in insurance payment. Never again!

Jackie

January 16th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They will charge you for damages you didn't do. And there's no way around it.

John Kearns

January 16th, 2020 Wantagh, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terrible customer service. Agents do not explain what you are signing for got billed for insurance I didn't want. First time renting from them will be my last.

JP

January 10th, 2020 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Avoid this rental company - Additional charges This is the first and last time that I rent from this company. The service for pickup is slow, it took 20 minutes for the clerk to provide the car keys and mentioned that they didn't have a compact car so they gave me an upgrade. During the pickup process, I had a feeling that all they care about is to try to sell you their insurance coverage which I declined since my Credit Card company covers the collision damage waiver (CDW) and loss damage waiver (LDW). The car was nice and in great condition. No complaints about the car. When returning the car, the clerk asked to leave the keys and said that they don't provide any document to confirm that I was returning the car and keys. Also, I mentioned that I filled up the gas, checked the exterior and that there were no issues with the car. Some days after returning the car, I received an email from the company indicating that there was a scratch in one of the rims. I didn't recognize the damage since I don't recall any issues while driving the car. As usual, when picking up (and returning) the car I did check the car for any damages but failed to review the rims (I have never in my life had to check the rims of a rental car). I have been renting cars from several companies (Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Hertz, National, Enterprise and Thrifty) for more than 20 years, more than 250 times and never had an issue (not even a scratch or dent). I drive carefully, have an impeccable driver insurance record and never caused any accidents or traffic incidents. I have been driving for more than 30 years without incidents. I had to pay EUR 160 to cover the 'damage'. I will never rent again from this company.

Jane

January 10th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The Sixt is very horrible!!! This is the worst experience we have ever had!!! They are really not reliable!!! The car broke down on the highway on our way to the airport at midnight 1 am. The car cannot be started. We did not know there was a big issue with the car that it can cause us to fail to start the car until we call the road service after it broke down. And the staff of the Sixt did not tell us anything about this. We called Sixt, they did not allow us to leave until someone towed away the car and they promised us that we can leave by 5 am and so we can arrive at the airport on time to catch our flight. However, they spent more than 7 hours to deal with this. We were in cold winter on the highway without AC for more than 7 hours! Finally, I, my wife, and my parents, all of us missed our international flights. We had to spent extra $2,000 on booking new tickets and the hotel. We contact with the service department in France after we back to U.S., the Sixt refused to provide us any compensation and did not give us any chance to negotiate. They found many excuses to shirk their responsibility. It is really unfair to ask their customers to pay for their mistakes. If you don't want to waist your money, please don't rent cars from the Sixt!