Hertz Logo

Hertz

8.5

D.R. Moreno Valley, CA

Book a rental at Hertz weeks before my daughters wedding for a premium large SUV. The website said I would get a Yukon or "similar" we'll after waiting 1 hour in waiting room they offered me a non-premium SUV that smelled like weed and had bad wear & tear to it. I asked if they had something else, this is for a weeding, the sales person pretended to call someone then said no this is all we have. Then he quickly tried to process the transaction and he also increased the charge by adding "LDW" a special insurance they have for their cars w/out even asking me. I asked why the price doubled he said everyone gets this insurance and I would feel safer with it. I should of paid attention to the reviews...THIS PARTICULAR LOCATION SUCKS! Hertz almost ruined my daughters wedding LUCKILY, Avis car rental at the Moreno Valley mall saved the day! Gave me a brand new SUV, premium with all sorts of discounts...Thanks Andy! Its crazy because I rented a Jaguar at the Riverside, CA location with outstanding customer service. But dealing w/ the Moreno Valley branch has made me change to a different rental company for now on.

Denise Smith Mount Angel, OR

I should have listened to all of the negative reviews before renting from this company!! We reserved a cargo van on 2/6/2018 to be picked up on 3/27/2018. We needed a cargo van to bring back some family heirlooms. When we got there they didn't have the cargo van, they had a mini van. We weren't happy about this but agreed to take it as the seats could be removed. My boyfriend asked if the guys who cleaned the cars could help him as he was recently in a car accident. He was told no they could not help him (the lady at the counter went out of her way to go outside to make sure and tell them not to help). The manager was the rudest. She was extremely rude and accused us of yelling. She refused to rent us the van. We made calls to Hertz corporation. They said they would talk to her, which she refused to do. They then told us there is nothing they can do for us. I am completely amazed at the horrible customer service from this location and Hertz themselves.

Pete Centerville, UT

I recently booked a rental car with Hertz, I booked it for the Phoenix airport, and when i got there they said I had to go to a different location to pick up my car. That caused me to have to pay for an uber to get there. I wasn't impressed with that, they should have told me when I booked it that that would be the case, I wasn't happy with the service there.

John Heagney Tarpon Springs, FL

I arrived at Hertz's Montparnasse Rail Station office, as agreed, at 10 a.m. 09 Sept. 17 to pick up the rental car for which we had paid $282.27 in May. We entered the office to find it jammed with fellow travelers and their luggage, all waiting for their cars. My wife and I joined the line about 10 people back from the sole Hertz representative at the desk. The rep seemed to be struggling with one customer's rental form and did so for the next 20 minutes ... ultimately to no avail. The reason? There were no cars available. None. Zero. Despite the fact that we ... and a number of other Hertz customers ... showed our paid reservations ...there ... were ... no ... cars. I couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor rep faced with so many angry customers, but he offered a solution. He would get a van and shuttle as many people as possible to Orly International Airport ... 30 minutes away ... where there WERE cars we could rent. He left the office on foot and returned 20 minutes later with a van and shuttled about eight of us and our luggage to the airport. Once there, we walked another 15 minutes to the Hertz counter at Orly, where we again stood in line for another 15-20 minutes before FINALLY getting the car we had hired. What we DIDN'T get was an apology, a discount or an upgrade for our trouble. We got nothing, but the car, which is all we wanted in the first place. But consideration for what would turn out to be a lost half-day of precious vacation time? Nope. What made this experience even more painful was the fact that we were planning to meet longtime friends for lunch in Cergy, but by the time we finally got our car, they were unable to meet us. We were devastated. We are extremely disappointed in the service during and after this unfortunate incident because we expected so much more from a company priding itself for being Number One.

boris wessely Germantown, MD

I had a 2 week rental in Germany (munich). I dropped the car at 8am and had prepaid in full. Then they charged a slightly different amount AND added an extra day indicating a late return with a 10am dropoff. They also indicated that I added a scratch to the car. I was able to find the paperwork by the original rental agent showing the scratch on the paperwork to get that voided. They refused to credit back the extra day when I emailed them. Then I realized that my flight was at 10:10am - clearly I couldn't have dropped it at 10AM. I again complained via their website and they finally emailed back saying they would credit it back. BE AWARE - Hertz is a scam company!!!

Emily Hobeheidar

I rented from The Hertz Corporation located at Hilo International Airport. Shortly after the reservation, I discovered that the entire rear seat and trunk of the 2016 Jeep Compass was infested with cockroaches. Sadly, I was forced to handle the situation because I relied on the rental car for transportation. An unfortunate experience that severely affected my trip, belongings, and feelings. In addition, I had an exterminator visit my home because the cockroach infestation reached inside my belongings from being in the rental vehicle. As a frequent Hertz customer, I'm devastated and disappointed by this disturbing experience. I returned the rental vehicle early. The Hertz agent didn't apologize. In fact, I wasn't the only Hertz customer to have experienced this infestation incident. I was told that I couldn't be guaranteed a clean rental vehicle. This goes against Hertz "Certified Clean & Safe" program. I'm truly saddened by this experience. I've contacted several Hertz customer service representatives, searching for a resolution. I still haven't received the help that I am asking for. I still haven't received an e-mail back from customer relations and I still haven't received a full refund! I'm not satisfied with how this case is being handled. I've reported this case to Hertz emergency roadside assistance, customer service, and customer relations. As a loyal customer, I'm appalled and hesitant to continue renting from Hertz!

Paula T Dallas, TX

I believe that I have just been scammed at the Hertz Rental Car location in Halifax, NS, Canada, and I need to report this! My car was just inspected as I returned it after only a 2 day rental. The agent checking me in said she noticed some tiny dings on the tire rim that were not marked at check-out. Of course I have NEVER LOOKED at the rims of the vehicle unless something was obvious enough to jump out at me. This was not the case with this car. There was even an agent there to sort of guide me along my inspection and in retrospect, I believe she was guiding me away from the spot in question....INTENTIONALLY! When I thought about it afterwards, I never even parked near a curb. In fact, I hardly USED the car! To add insult to injury, I had to ask the agent at drop off THREE TIMES to denote that I was returning the tank full as I had agreed to the, "We will fill your tank" option which I was told was fully refundable if tank was brought back full. It was like pulling teeth to get the agent to write this somewhere! It was $50 to bring the car back on empty! There was also a convenient form with a set amount of money charged for each little nick. I have never seen this before. You know where this is going...$80 for a "damaged" rim! Looks like an intentional charge and I bet they don't credit me the $50 for a full tank of gas either!! You know what the problem was...I DIDN'T BUY THEIR INSURANCE (their OTHER money making scheme!). I used Hertz as a promotion through my Chase United Visa. Thanks, United Airlines for the reputable recommendation! Halifax Hertz be forewarned, I return in two weeks and I will be speaking with your supervisor. The claims coordinator there is Kelly A B. I think she is on the take! Would anyone like to chime in here with ideas of how best to resolve this? Many thanks, Paula

Carmel Bourke

I had an issue with my booking regarding what time I picked up the car. I wanted to check to see if I would need to change the reservation to reflect a later pick up or was there a window of time where it wouldn't matter. The person on the end of the phone didn't know and was not going tho commit either way as to whether or not I should change my booking. I had been on hold for 20 mins, and the person who picked up couldn't have been more unhelpful if he tried. I didn't want to adjust the booking unless it was necessary as I was within the cancellation period and it would mean been charged for cancelling the booking even though I rebooked immediately. The customer rep was not interested in helping...... When I went to pick up the car the queue was huge (friday before a bank holiday weekend!) And only 3 reps checking people in. Each customer was taking 15-20 mins. It took me over an hour to pick up the car. The rep said when I got to the desk. "Thank you for waiting" - like I had a choice!! Not going to book Hertz anytime soon, their standards have gone down so much!

Chrystine Villar

They charged me an small scratch on the wheel which was not easily visible. I'm convinced the scratch was done by a previous customer and nobody notice it before. I wouldn't waste my time to write a Review if i wasn't sure of the truth. From now on I'm going to take some pictures at the pick up and return, since it would be the only proof to open a dispute and get a refund from a company which is unfairly making money from me!!! Be aware that they always go straight to the weels willing to find a minimum scratch!

Ashley Ulibarri Sandy, UT

Love renting from Hertz. They always have a great selection of cars and the prices are competitive. I have always had great luck renting at Hertz at every airport I have flown into.

AF ,

I like their rewards program. It's also nice that I can just go directly to the car and go (no need to check in at the counter). Good selection of cars and the cars are always clean.

Steve Jones Riverton, UT

I enjoy renting cars from Hertz. Their pricing is affordable and they have a great selection of cars to choose form. I recently signed up for the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards loyalty program and love the perks!

Nicole Jones Sandy, UT

I've used Hertz multiple times throughout the years when my car was being repaired because they were affiliated with my insurance company. While I haven't been able to pick which rental company I use, I will say everyone is always friendly and the process for picking up and dropping off is very simple.

Janie Dennis Tallahassee, FL

They are so good when it comes to setting up a good option for car rentals! They are just unorganized with their information that they relay to the customer. I called a few times and the question I asked was not answered the same every single time I called back.

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

We have used Hertz rental after flying and needing a car to get around. Typically the staff is friendly, but can be a little harried when their day is busy at the airport. They usually have a decent selection of midsize sedans to choose from and their cars are clean.

Poundesk Saratoga Springs, UT

I was sent to Phoenix for work without notice. All the other rental companies were out of cars except Hertz. Not only did they have the size vehicle that I needed but the gave me a discount because I had to wait for them to bring it up to the check out. Their cars are always clean and smoke free which is a huge plus to me.

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

Have used Hertz many times for my husband's travel. The cars are clean and always run well. Hertz makes it easy to pick-up a rental and they are quick to get you on the road.

Rilynne Edwards Pleasant Grove, UT

Great company. The staff was very kind and gave us tips on the city we were visting. We were upgraded free of charge which was great. The car was clean, ran well, and worked perfectly. They maintain their cars very well.

bailey jo Orem, UT

Wonderful customer service. I had to rent the car due to some repairs that were needed on my car and when they took longer than expected, Hertz was very helpful in extending my rental time.

Ellen Morris Potomac, MD

Renting cars from Hertz is great. I was raised in a family where we always rented from Hertz and there were never any hiccups. They are respectful towards customers and usually give an upgrade if you're a loyal customer.

Amy Boren American Fork, UT

It was a little more expensive than others but we got the car we wanted. We waited at the desk for a little longer than I liked but once we got the keys we got out of their easily. The car ran great and smelled fine. over all a good experience.

Jami Howell Farmington, UT

My car needed repairs for a few days and they were quick and easy to work with. When we needed to extend an extra day over the weekend, their drop of policy was easy and they were very helpful.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

Hertz is my number 1 rental car company. I love their programs, especially the Hertz Gold Club and all the benefits of it. I like to choose the car I want and this is a feature I love. Great rates and they are everywhere.

Kaitlin Ashcroft Mesa, AZ

Went on a girls trip a few months ago a rent a car through Hertz. We got our car and after being in a for a few minutes we decided we wanted to switch. It smelled like someone had smoked in it. They helped us out and made it so easy to find a different car that was perfect for us and our trip! Enjoyed using this company

susie Kaysville, UT

me and my family have always used hertz for traveling when we get rental cars. because they always have the best service and best prices. and the nicest cars that work for us.

Fernando Delgado Tempe, AZ

We rented a suburban from Hertz for our San Diego trip to California. Truck was very clean and reliable felt very safe to be able to ride on the vehicle with my family will be using Hertz in the future.

Derek Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I had a 14 hour layover, and wanted to rent a car. I called around, and Hertz was so helpful. They didn't have they type of car I wanted, but gave me the upgraded version for the lower price. Excellent service!

CAROLE SCOVILLE Pleasant Grove, UT

I always get worried when I rent a car that CUSTOMER SERVICE is going to be bad and they’re going to charge me extra after I drop it off, but I feel confident renting from hertz

J Crawley Provo, UT

I've been a Hertz customer for years. Quality cars, excellent service, and reliable locations are all part of the Hertz experience. Thanks for putting my mind at ease when I travel.

Jodianna Maitland, FL

I rented cars through this website. I do not like how fees add up when you go to buy the car.

Elisabeth Kinghorn Bangkok, 10

Easy and convenient way to rent a vehicle. I know I’m getting my money’s worth

Kurt Lucas Olney, MD

Hertz - Rental Car always has a location at the airports i travel to. It is easy to rent a car with them. Very friendly customer service.

Steven Klaproth Phoenix, AZ

Always a pleasure renting with Hertz. Great selection of cars with friendly and professional customer service

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

Awful! I would rather swim with sharks then wait in line and go through the process of renting a car from Hertz. The lines are long and It takes forever to get to the customer service to finally get my rental. The process needs to be sped up. And the friendliness of customer service needs improvement as well.

Prius542 ,

I actually bought a used rental car from Hertz. It was in great condition and I got it for a great price.

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

If you want a nice luxury car for travel this company is great for it. In Florida we always get the convertible for our vacations.

Mark Houston, TX

I prefer Hertz over the competition because of more car options, customer service and overall quality for money!

CoachTrista Saratoga Springs, UT

I typical rent through Hertz if I can get a comparable rate because I prefer the cars they have in their fleets over others.

Lizzie Billings West Valley City, UT

I rented a car in California through Hertz and it was an awesome experience! Customer service was great!

Chelsea Snow Eagle Mountain, UT

I have used Hertz for years. they always have a great selection of rentable cars and customer service is top-notch

Mike Salt Lake City, UT

Hertz is fine overall but I have found they are always more expensive. If there costumer service was head and shoulders above the rest maybe but they're not.

Greg Hanold Batesville, MS

My wife left her GPS in the car upon returning it. Several hours later she received a call from the counter in Fort Wayne Airport that the GPS was found and would be mailed to her. It was never sent and follows up calls to the counter (I spoke with Dan) are always a waste of time. I'm told someone will call and they never do. The place employs THIEVES AND LIARS.

Sandra Dubas Salt Lake City, UT

I usually prefer their service over other car rentals. Their prices are decent and their employees are nice. The cars we rented from them in the past are always clean and in good condition.

Jonny Hancock Draper, UT

Booking a car through Hertz was easy. I had booked a standard car, but they didn't have any in stock when I arrived, so they upgraded me for free. Highly recommended!

Doyal Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

My family and I have had a horrible experience with Hertz, and we will never use them again. We took a trip to Puerto Rico, and used Hertz for a 2 week long car rental. The car was filthy dirty, the people straight up lied to us about the pass that we now (a year later) being bombarded with mail to pay (even though we paid it while we were there). The rental was technically in my daughters name, and the customer service representative that took our car return stalked her on social media after and was privately messaging her inappropriate messages. We will not be using them again.

Laura Flandin

Rental went fine until 4 months later they surprise me with a claim on a damage I did not cause. Never call first... I know I didn't damage the car and the parking lot is not protected... I can't believe the customer service. Damage doesn't seem to be legit. I have additional insurance and the amount isn't high but it's just poor poor service or insurance scam (in which I will not participate).

Cris Balmanno Riverton, UT

Experiences seem to differ by location. Not every car has been properly maintained, and more than once I've been given a car that has glaring defects/problems, but when I try and swap out for a different car there aren't any available. Maybe cars that have issues shouldn't be getting rented out...

Patrick Curry Salt Lake City, UT

Our company has a lot of work trips that we have to use and this service is great to work with. The prices are great and never had a problem and always fast service

Benjamin LeBlanc Dallas, TX

Hertz is one of the best rental car services out there. With locations all over the US airports and bus stops they are one of the most reliable car services out there.

mccandless24 Kaysville, UT

I don't travel a lot but when I do and can find a good deal I have always been very happy with Hertz. They are very organized and get you a vehicle in a fast and orderly way. The only issue is I can't find deals very often and I wish I could because its always been a great experience.