Enterprise Logo

Enterprise

9.9

Enterprise Rent-A-Car was founded in 1957. It is a household name when it comes to rental cars. According to Forbes, they are one of the largest privately held companies in the world. According to Business Weekly magazine, Enterprise has been voted as one of the top places to start a career. A lot of young professionals get their start at one of the Enterprise locations throughout the country. By 2005, JD Power and Associates had recognized Enterprise seven times for its outstanding customer service, indicating that Enterprise really rolls out the red carpet for customers. Enterprise has a car sharing business that lets customers use a car for a short period of time during a day. This differs from its car rental services, as car sharing customers pay an hourly fee to use a car.

The Good

• High Availability
  • Average Industry Prices
  • On-Site Fuel Discount

Economy Price Range

Economy rentals with Enterprise prices range from medium to high depending on the rental location. The prices are competitive when compared with the average rental car company. Enterprise also offers cheap, very inexpensive one-time deals that can help customers save money.

Luxury Price Range

Enterprise's luxury rentals range from medium to high depending on the rental location. These prices are in the normal range for many rental car companies who offer luxury vehicles. Some major car rental companies are more expensive in price, making Enterprise luxury rentals more affordable than a good portion of their competitors.

States Available

Enterprise can be found in all 50 states. They have one of the highest number of locations in the industry, with more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population.

Airports Locations

With rental counters at most major airports throughout North America, Enterprise is available in most major airports in the U.S. and Canada. With so many locations, it makes it very convenient for customers to plan trips and use Enterprise's services. One unique service Enterprise offers that customers won't find everywhere else is their complimentary pickup/drop-off service for renters who want to leave their car at home, or don't have a way to get to the rental agency. This is especially convenient for customers who are renting at airports.

On-Site Fuel Discount

Enterprise offers customers an on-site fuel discount. Customers can choose to prepay for their fuel, which is calculated by the local price per gallon, minus Enterprise's discount. This is unique, because most rental companies do not offer on-site fuel discounts.

The Bad

• No Instant Return
  • No Online Check-In
  • Limited Roadside Assistance

Instant Return

According to their policies, Enterprise does not offer any instant return services. Customers have to return their car or vehicle in person. This may mean waiting in line to return your car. Some major competitors of the same size offer instant return for general customers and others offer instant return through their membership rewards program. Enterprise, being the largest rental car company to date, would do well to offer this option to remain competitive.

Online Check-In

Enterprise does not offer an online check-in option. However, at an airport, customers have the option of returning their car after business hours. If a customer has to return their car before or after business hours, each location has a set of procedures for dealing with after hour returns.

Roadside Assistance

Enterprise offers renters roadside assistance protection that covers flat tire, jump start, lockout service, fuel delivery, and key replacement. The downside is that Enterprise offers roadside assistance protection only at select locations.

The Bottom Line

The Enterprise brand name alone makes it worthy of consideration, but their pickup/drop-off service for economy renters takes it above and beyond the competition. Their rental rates are average in the industry. Enterprise's availability and on-site fuel discount help to make using Enterprise more competitive. Customers are recommended to check Enterprise's website for any current deals that may be running, since they offer cheaper one-time-only rates. Overall, Enterprise is a viable rental option.

Lisa C Johnson Washington, DC

I have had to rent cars while my car was in the shop. Most of the time I rent from Enterprise. The cars are always clean and in great shape. The cars seem practically new. I have never had any problems with their cars. At the time the prices were reasonable. Now that we are going through the Covid pandemic the price rentals are going through the roof. I wouldnt get a car now. But before Covid, this is the place to go. They take discounts from certain employers. I do like the fact that you can drop the car off at any of their locations. Overall its a reputable company. They do check for dings in the car before you leave. That protects you just as much as them.

Paula Shearer Omaha, NE

I have rented from Enterprise for long distance trips and for in-town vehicles while my car was under repair. I have had excellent service in all cases!

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

Need a car, but can't get to the store? No problem, Enterprise will pick you up. In a recent accident, my insurance arranged a rental at Enterprise. The selection of cars was great, and if they didn't have what you wanted, they called another location and got the car for you. Overall, a great experience with a friendly, courteous, well-staffed store.

Teddy Cohen

I am writing as a prior client of Enterprise Rent a car in Hollywood, Fla. This location without a doubt, in all the years I have been renting cars, have never experienced such HORRIBLE service. From Management down to the counter personal. They were rude, disingenuous and unsympathetic. I had ordered a mid size car, I was given a "E" car with a take it or leave attitude and was told by management" It's your problem not ours"!! If i could give them "0" stars I would Enterprise Rent A Car 2090 N. State Rd 7 Hollywood, Fl. 33021

Kent Fuge Phoenix, AZ

The best part about Enterprise is their employees. They always seem to be looking for ways to go the extra mile. I have actually become friends with a couple of them outside of our business relationship because they were such genuinely amazing people. I also have bought 5 cars from them over the past couple of decades. I pretty much only buy my cars from them because they take such good care of their cars and have such fair prices when they sell them.

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

I have used Enterprise many time over the years and I have always been so impressed with their great customer service. They have plenty of locations and availability. Their prices are excellant. One time we rented a car in Oregon and my walker would not fit into it easily with our other luggage. They worked very patiently with us while we found a vehicle that would work for us.

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

Used Enterprise when I was in North Carolina for two weeks. The first time I had ever rented a car. The company was very helpful going over every detail of the price of the car and the other associated fees. They. walked me through what to do in case of any problems with the car not working. Also they explained the check in progress and what I was responsible for. I used the car for two weeks without incident. I drove it back after driving it 10 miles from the last fill up. They still gave me credit for a full tank

Mike Salt Lake City, UT

I've loved renting from Enterprise. Staff has always been extremely helpful. I rented for many years months at a time and never have had an issues with them. I got had an accident overseas with my rental. And the staff in London were tough to deal with but when I got home Enterprise U.S. stepped in and solved it. They were extremely helpful when they probably didn't need to be.

Christopher Milke Olney, MD

Great company to rent trucks from. The fact that they'll pick you up and have community stores is a plus! Highly recommend.

Rhona Leffler Olney, MD

Enterprise typically has cars of all types and at all locations readily available, however, they are expensive. The hours of operation have always been good. Except for price, no real complaints.

Phil Rockwall, TX

Dependable service. They are consistently great

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

I love using Enterprise. Needed a large SUV for a volleyball tournament and they put us in a brand new Highlander. It was so quick getting the car and they offered convenient drop off after hours.

Jodianna Maitland, FL

I like how you can easily book rentals on the app or website.

Stephanie Byrd Miami, FL

Enterprise! Wow! This is my absolute favorite rental car service. Customer service and vehicle reliability are extremly important when reserving a vehicle. Enterprise has top tier service in these areas. I really appreciate the vehicles being affordable and in the best condition for either a short or the lengthiest rental time.

Landon Badoni Montgomery, TX

I rent from Enterprise every once in a while, usually when Budget is out of options, but that's only because I usually can't justify the increased cost. THAT BEING SAID, I've never had a bad experience in terms of customer service. They are usually very efficient and very friendly. I still definitely recommend Enterprise if you're looking for a quality car renting experience.

Debbie Farrow ,

When you travel and need to rent a car, you want convenience. This is what I found at the SLC airport. Easy to get to and just steps from the terminal. Staff was professional and got us checked in in. falsh. We were able to walk to the stall ourselves and get on the road in no time.

Victoria Fayetteville, AR

Last year, I had a ton of problems with my car and it ended up having to go to the shop for weeks. My car dealership did not have a renter car, so they recommended I rent a car from Enterprise. Enterprise was so easy to work with and gave me a car that would fit my needs. When I received my rental car, the process was extremely easy and the car was so clean and nice. I 100% recommend renting a car from here!

Stephanie Byrd Tallahassee, FL

I am absolutely in love with Enterprises rental services. You can rent a vehicle in as little as a day before, which is perfect for those last minute trips. The vehicles are high quality, clean, and great for long distance trips. I always book a vehicle with Enterprise. They are trustworthy and reliable. Did I mention their super affordable prices? Rent a car here as soon as possible because you won’t regret it !

Liza Wilson ,

We have had nothing but good experiences with Enterprise! My parents have always bought used cars from them because they are in such great condition. They have great customer service and provide a quality product.

Karli American Fork, UT

We recently used enterprise to get a rental car while ours was in the shop. We scheduled it same day and it was easy to find a car available near us. The car was very clean and drove great!

Mark Troxel Provo, UT

Enterprise is my go to car rental company. They are almost alway to top company in my area when it comes to rental prices. When I need a car for a local rental, that is usually who I use. I have not always found that to be true when I travel. But I always look for where they are on the comparison list.

murfday College Station, TX

Pricing is usually competitive. Although I have not utilized it, I appreciate that they can pick you up and drop you off. I like that you earn points with each rental that you can use toward future rentals. I have never had a poor interactions with employees either.

Jared Provo, UT

Enterprise was very accommodating and professional! They are my go-to when I need a rental car. Obviously booking in advance gives you better rates, but great service overall.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

Every time I have rented a car with Enterprise the cars are well kept, clean, and the process of getting and returning the car is smooth. The customer service is great too. Sometimes there is a long line but that is probably because they are a good company!

Paige Stockard Wichita, KS

I used enterprise right at the beginning of the pandemic when I needed to drive home from college. They offered a great deal where college students didn't have to pay the extra fee for being under 25. They made picking up and returning super easy and the customer service was great!

Samoya Calvin Tallahassee, FL

Wonderful car rental service. I am a college student and when I returned my rental the company drove me to pick up my car from the shop. So I really appreciated that! They think about their customers. Shuttle services amazing addition.

Julie Earl Magna, UT

We recently traveled and needed a rental car. When we went to pick up the car, the check in process was easy. The best part was the car was super clean. We could tell that Enterprise had taken extra care to make sure the vehicle was thoroughly cleaned and ready for us.

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

Enterprise has come in clutch when we needed a car for long distance trips. Their selection is fantastic, giving us what we need from a sports car to a minivan. Their customer service is great! They changed out a car for us when they saw we wouldn't fit in the one we selected. The after hours return process is so nice.

Johnson Smithfield, UT

I have had many times that I have shown up to pick up my car and my reservation has been lost which makes for a very frustrating experience. With Enterprise I know that I can count on them to have a car waiting for me. I have never had a problem with this company.

Really Villa Rica, GA

On February 9,2020 I was involved in a car accident. Enterprise in Villa Rica on Montgomery Street were amazing ! There are lots of things to do once you have an accident, one part I did not have to worry about is my rental situation while my vehicle was being repaired. Delaney M. her staff were fabulous the entire time my vehicle was being repaired and took great steps to ensure I was satisfied and knew what to expect during the process . I appreciate them and the fact they made a bad situation easier to handle because of their great customer service!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Enterprise is my first and only choice for rental vehicles. They offer newer cars, easy contracts, and fair prices along with a great rewards programs. They have the best customer support and always follow through with their service. I have never been disappointed even when they had inventory issues. They just worked harder for me to ensure my plans went off unimpeded. Every company should emulate Enterprise.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

Enterprise has always been incredible to work with. I had just spent the weekend in California for my daughters competition. We literally stayed at a hotel that was within a few miles of everywhere we needed/wanted to go. When we returned the car we had driven less than 30 miles and had forgotten to refill the tank. Because of how little we had driven the gas was on them!! So cool!!

Mila Angus Archer Hixson, TN

Enterprise has always treated me, spouse, and now children with honor and respect. They have worked with us when we've left paperwork at home for a debit card use. Upgraded when our car smells of smoke or dirty. When we went over on our mileage, they didn't charge us extra; when tank of gas was at 1/3 when we picked up car, they told us we could bring it back on "E". I have more examples.... I will only use Enterprise, unless there is no other option. Great company! Great customer service!

LA Tejana CM Tulsa, OK

well, i have nothing but great things to say about enterprise....I live in Tulsa Oklahoma and i use the 2223 11th st store. The employees there go out of their way to please you, And i Have never gotten a bad car. The employees there greet me with a warm welcome each time. I used to rent from another a facility and let me tell you, now they were a disappointment. I was always given a car that had just been returned and it wasnt clean. They over charge and arent reasonable. I had the great chance to use enterprise and havent regreated it yet and i dont think i will. "Go Enterprise''

Kurt Lucas Olney, MD

I always need a 4wd when I rent a car. Enterprise always several to pick from. Easy to work with.

Tim Johnson Eureka, IL

Always have gotten great rates on daily car rentals, wish their trucks was better rates

Msdaisy70 Clarksburg, MD

Their slogan is “We’ll pick you up”. They just don’t tell you they bring you back to the local office where you wait another 20 to 40 minutes to get your rental car.

Kurt Lucas Olney, MD

I took a recent trip and needed four wheel drive or all wheel drive. Enterprise had a great selection of vehicles to fit my needs. Rates are very reasonable.

Steven Klaproth Phoenix, AZ

As a platinum member I love the ease of renting cars from Enterprise. The selection of cars is amazing with great customer service.

GeAunte Fisher Glendale, AZ

Just to start off by saying I typically never leave reviews about businesses because I believe that most issues can be fixed over the phone or majority of the time or they are not worth reporting. This situation is 100% different. I’ve rented from enterprise about 3 times including this scenario. Let me begin with my Situation. I was in a car accident on the 25th of September that left my car totaled. The insurance company payed for my rental through enterprise from the 28th to the 15th. On the 15th of October I received a call stating that I needed to come into the Avondale enterprise location to fill out paperwork if I wanted to keep using the ENTERPRISE rental car through enterprise using the insurances rate. I agreed to coming in to an enterprise location but asked if it could be at the sky harbor location since they have a better car selection. Hince the car they gave me at first ran sluggish and had 2 cracks on the windshield when I drove off which I had to call back 5 minutes after renting the vehicle to report. The lady I spoke with said it was ok if I went to the phx sky harbor location and do that just make sure I tell them it’s for a insurance claim so I can get the same rate. I went to the sky harbor location after work to swap cars and fill out the paperwork. I had intentions on paying the additional amount to rent the car through the 28th which was the limit. The representative there tried to run my credit card which declined. I then pulled out my debit card to make the payment and the representative stopped me. He said it was ok as long as on the 28th when I dropped off the car I swapped the form of payment as well so they could collect the payment. I asked if the representative was sure. He said yes. He completes the paperwork and has me sign the documents. I leave with the rental car. I leave to California to visit my family. The weekend expires and Monday comes and I didn’t receive any calls it was peaceful. On Tuesday I receive a call from enterprise Avondale location stating I was past due. Keep in mind that I am at another site location representing my job since I’m in IT so I am at work. Shocked that I’m receiving a call like this I start to plead my case to the lady representative on the phone with me. All the lady representative said was that the phx sky harbor representative was wrong with the information they provided me and I need to pay. The lady then went on to say they’ve been trying to debit my credit card for the amount. Wow. What?..... Now they need another form of payment because it was declining the transaction. Noticing that both of our tones started to change and I was at work I then told the lady representative I would have to call back because I was at work. She continued to state she needs to collect a payment. After about 2 times of her saying this I became frustrated and disconnected the call. I then receive a threatening voicemail from the representative saying she was going to escalate this to risk management. Which she before stated in the phone call that risk management can report the car stolen. I instantly call back and receive a gentleman on the phone. I explained to the gentleman what happened at the airport and that I was given wrong expectations. Obviously it was true because I was able to drive off a top security airport with a Enterprise Rental. He said yeah something is very strange about that and validated my point. He then went on to read the notes the previous lady representative left about me. She said that I refused to pay and has no intention on paying for the rental. Not once did I say any of that on the phone call with her. I got off of work around 7pm and got home at 8 pm. Next day I contact their Risk management department. They stated that they don’t see anything on the account and I don’t look to be pulling up any red flags with them. They recommended that I contact the area manager. I said ok. Next day I receive a voicemail from Clark C stating that I need to return the car because not paying for something an using it isn’t right. They said that’s not a good way to run a business. I thought the voicemail was pretty rude since I didn’t do anything wrong and it wasn’t like I was running from them. We obviously had multiple conversations about the situation. When I contacted Clark the area manager for the Avondale location he stated I was given wrong information. I then told Clark I do not have a problem with paying the amount. My problem was that the company tried to debit my credit card multiple times without my knowledge. Then they stated that I couldn’t use that credit card any longer and I had to change my form of payment. Which wasn’t true because they tried to debit my card 3 times since Tuesday. I could have easily out the money onto my credit card if they would have gave me the option or informed me that it try’s every 24 hours. Instead they were so focused on collecting a payment now that they didn’t hear the solution I was giving them. I then asked Clark C to allow me to speak with someone else higher than him in regard to the matter. His response was that it wasn’t going to go no higher than him and I could not speak with anyone else. Clark C then sent me a text message stating “Geaunte Fisher This text is to advise you that your rental of our 2019 Gray Dodge Charger is now escalated due to an overdue return, outstanding balance, and failure to comply with branch deposit requirements.   At this time we are demanding immediate return of our rental property. If you are unable to return, please provide the location of the vehicle, and we will send a team to repossess it. If you have any questions, please contact me directly at xxx-xxx-xxxx Clark C Area Manager Enterprise Holdings “ I then called in to the call center and they reported it to management. I then received this text message from Clark C. “Mr. Fisher, I just got your corporate complaint. It goes straight to me. As I said, I am the last word on this. “ He then stated that I could speak with their risk management team. I then asked when will they be contacting me. He then said “I have asked her to reach out to you as soon as possible”. I waited by my phone for 4 hours for someone to call me answering anything that rung on my phone. I received no calls. I then receive a call from my mother stating that a tow truck had the rental on their flatbed and was driving off. I received no call that they were going to tow the car with my personal belongings inside the car. I had my gun in the car. To make things worse I call the tow company to get my belongings and they said it never reached the tow yard. It went straight to phx sky harbor. I am totally upset and ready to break down because none of this was my fault and if the representatives would have took the time to investigate the situation and do the right thing this would have never happened. Since my car is totaled I have no car. All over setting wrong expectations and not listening to the customer. Horrible service. Then they say a manger is going to contact you. When I ask how long will this take they say 1 to 5 business days. Horrible service.

The Voice Over Closet Anaheim, CA

Super easy to rent from here, they worked with my insurance and I had a car in about 2 minutes! The car was brand new, it only had a few hundred miles on it!

Trent Ewing Round Lake, IL

Over used Enterprise multiple times for different reasons. For vacation rentals they have been great! I was recently rear ended and needed a full size truck. Although they were prompt in getting me a vehicle, it wasn’t what I needed for work and they didn’t have anything available for me to use.

Jen Burt Herriman, UT

I have always liked the cars we've rented from Enterprise. I feel like it's a good value for what we pay. The interior condition of the cars I've rented has always been good.

bryan bishop Logan, UT

When we lost our family car to an accident, Enterprise gave us an upgrade to a larger suv that we needed to fit our family. We had that suv for about 3 weeks while we replaced the family car. Great service.

Mat A Rancho Cordova, CA

I always rent my cars through Enterprise when I travel. They are very friendly when I arrive, and very helpful. I always rent with the exotic collection and it’s been a pleasure!

Melissa vandenover Saratoga Springs, UT

When our car was in the shop getting repaired we had to get a rental car. We got upgraded for free and I loved the convienance of them picking us up and the quick drop off when our car was finished

Jane Collins Long Beach, MS

We rent a vehicle from Enterprise at least twice a year. The vehicles have always been less than 2 years old, and they are always very clean. I've always appreciated the customer service that has helped my family every time that we have reserved a vehicle. I would definitely use them again.

Nishita McLean, VA

I've had a good experience with Enterprise overall. Rented the car to drive from Buffalo International airport to Northern Virginia. I was not too comfortable driving an SUV the representative said: "I have a daughter, and if it were her, I'd ask her to sit in it, get a feel and even then you want a sedan I'll give you that". I fell in love with SUVs, I'm not very tall so I enjoyed it a bit too much. Drove for 14 hours in it and loved it. The billing experience, car availability, and service were good.

Danielle

My car was in the shop for repairs and my option at the time was another car rental company. After visiting three different locations and being told there were no cars available; I went to Enterprise and they went above and beyond to get a car for me in less than thirty minutes.

Chuck Teubert Pleasantville, NJ

I rented for a week in Hawaii and returned the car on a Friday. On the following Tuesday I remembered that I had left my speakerphone in the car that I rented. I called the location and to my surprise, they located my phone and per there procedure, it was sent via Fedex charged to the credit card I rented the car on. No extra charge.