Enterprise Logo

Enterprise

9.9

LAST UPDATED: September 9th, 2021

Enterprise Rent-A-Car was founded in 1957. It is a household name when it comes to rental cars. According to Forbes, they are one of the largest privately held companies in the world. According to Business Weekly magazine, Enterprise has been voted as one of the top places to start a career. A lot of young professionals get their start at one of the Enterprise locations throughout the country. By 2005, JD Power and Associates had recognized Enterprise seven times for its outstanding customer service, indicating that Enterprise really rolls out the red carpet for customers. Enterprise has a car sharing business that lets customers use a car for a short period of time during a day. This differs from its car rental services, as car sharing customers pay an hourly fee to use a car.

The Good

• High Availability
  • Average Industry Prices
  • On-Site Fuel Discount

Economy Price Range

Economy rentals with Enterprise prices range from medium to high depending on the rental location. The prices are competitive when compared with the average rental car company. Enterprise also offers cheap, very inexpensive one-time deals that can help customers save money.

Luxury Price Range

Enterprise's luxury rentals range from medium to high depending on the rental location. These prices are in the normal range for many rental car companies who offer luxury vehicles. Some major car rental companies are more expensive in price, making Enterprise luxury rentals more affordable than a good portion of their competitors.

States Available

Enterprise can be found in all 50 states. They have one of the highest number of locations in the industry, with more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population.

Airports Locations

With rental counters at most major airports throughout North America, Enterprise is available in most major airports in the U.S. and Canada. With so many locations, it makes it very convenient for customers to plan trips and use Enterprise's services. One unique service Enterprise offers that customers won't find everywhere else is their complimentary pickup/drop-off service for renters who want to leave their car at home, or don't have a way to get to the rental agency. This is especially convenient for customers who are renting at airports.

On-Site Fuel Discount

Enterprise offers customers an on-site fuel discount. Customers can choose to prepay for their fuel, which is calculated by the local price per gallon, minus Enterprise's discount. This is unique, because most rental companies do not offer on-site fuel discounts.

The Bad

• No Instant Return
  • No Online Check-In
  • Limited Roadside Assistance

Instant Return

According to their policies, Enterprise does not offer any instant return services. Customers have to return their car or vehicle in person. This may mean waiting in line to return your car. Some major competitors of the same size offer instant return for general customers and others offer instant return through their membership rewards program. Enterprise, being the largest rental car company to date, would do well to offer this option to remain competitive.

Online Check-In

Enterprise does not offer an online check-in option. However, at an airport, customers have the option of returning their car after business hours. If a customer has to return their car before or after business hours, each location has a set of procedures for dealing with after hour returns.

Roadside Assistance

Enterprise offers renters roadside assistance protection that covers flat tire, jump start, lockout service, fuel delivery, and key replacement. The downside is that Enterprise offers roadside assistance protection only at select locations.

The Bottom Line

The Enterprise brand name alone makes it worthy of consideration, but their pickup/drop-off service for economy renters takes it above and beyond the competition. Their rental rates are average in the industry. Enterprise's availability and on-site fuel discount help to make using Enterprise more competitive. Customers are recommended to check Enterprise's website for any current deals that may be running, since they offer cheaper one-time-only rates. Overall, Enterprise is a viable rental option.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I've used enterprise a couple of times and each time I was pleased with the quality and service provided. I'd definitely recommend Enterprise and will be using their service in the future.

Morgan Tennant Rexburg, ID

I've only had one issue with Enterprise. There was a mix up about which vehicle was supposed to be rented, but the employees were kind and were able to figure out the issue quickly. Great service.

Michelle Bray Pleasant Grove, UT

When my car was involved in an accident, my insurance company provided a rental car from Enterprise. The representative picked us up and took us back to the office to do paperwork. The first car they offered us was smaller than our car. I explained that I needed a 4-door and the agent made that happen. The office was clean and air conditioned, we were offered bottles of water, and I was so relieved to have a rental car after being T-boned in an intersection. Enterprise made a bad experience a little better.

Jesse Hennigan Baytown, TX

I can always count on the customer service from Enterprise. They always go above and beyond to make sure I am satisfied with their service.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

Rented a car from enterprise when my car was in the shop. Great service. Car was in great condition.

Lisa C Johnson Washington, DC

I have had to rent cars while my car was in the shop. Most of the time I rent from Enterprise. The cars are always clean and in great shape. The cars seem practically new. I have never had any problems with their cars. At the time the prices were reasonable. Now that we are going through the Covid pandemic the price rentals are going through the roof. I wouldnt get a car now. But before Covid, this is the place to go. They take discounts from certain employers. I do like the fact that you can drop the car off at any of their locations. Overall its a reputable company. They do check for dings in the car before you leave. That protects you just as much as them.

r vido Orem, UT

Enterprise are just looters. They charged me extra fuel charge with $5.04 a gallon while it's $3 on an average in the state of Michigan. On enquiring about the same, they cited that it takes a lot of fuel to drive the car up to gas station while there are many gas station within a mile distance from where I rented the car.

Steve Salem, VA

I used Enterprise for a rental vehicle when my car was involved in anaccident. They were very helpful at extending the rental agreement.

Simone Harris

There have been multiple occasions where this company has either not had cars available or the incorrect car upon arrival. Though they have attempted to rectify the problem it has occurred at different times in different branches.

Dshatch Frankfort, IL

We’ve had a generally good experience with enterprise. Can add up, but very competitive pricing. The price quoted is less than the price you’ll end up paying, but that’s typical.

Anne Sainsbury Orem, UT

I love working with Enterprise when renting cars. I have had great experiences with their customer service team and the vehicles that I have used were well maintained and in great shape.

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

Need a car, but can't get to the store? No problem, Enterprise will pick you up. In a recent accident, my insurance arranged a rental at Enterprise. The selection of cars was great, and if they didn't have what you wanted, they called another location and got the car for you. Overall, a great experience with a friendly, courteous, well-staffed store.

Yolanda Queer Shelley, ID

Enterprise has always been reliable. Their cars are kept in good condition and they aren't expensive to rent.

TheTennant 5 Salem, VA

Customer service has always been superb. Quality of vehicles has been what we’ve needed and pricing is competitive.

Kori Travis Tallahassee, FL

I waited a really long time waiting to get help from one of their representatives. Those who were in the building would keep saying "someone would be right with you" every time they passed by instead of helping me themselves

Paula Shearer Omaha, NE

I have rented from Enterprise for long distance trips and for in-town vehicles while my car was under repair. I have had excellent service in all cases!

Kent Fuge Phoenix, AZ

The best part about Enterprise is their employees. They always seem to be looking for ways to go the extra mile. I have actually become friends with a couple of them outside of our business relationship because they were such genuinely amazing people. I also have bought 5 cars from them over the past couple of decades. I pretty much only buy my cars from them because they take such good care of their cars and have such fair prices when they sell them.

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

I have used Enterprise many time over the years and I have always been so impressed with their great customer service. They have plenty of locations and availability. Their prices are excellant. One time we rented a car in Oregon and my walker would not fit into it easily with our other luggage. They worked very patiently with us while we found a vehicle that would work for us.

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

Used Enterprise when I was in North Carolina for two weeks. The first time I had ever rented a car. The company was very helpful going over every detail of the price of the car and the other associated fees. They. walked me through what to do in case of any problems with the car not working. Also they explained the check in progress and what I was responsible for. I used the car for two weeks without incident. I drove it back after driving it 10 miles from the last fill up. They still gave me credit for a full tank

Mike Salt Lake City, UT

I've loved renting from Enterprise. Staff has always been extremely helpful. I rented for many years months at a time and never have had an issues with them. I got had an accident overseas with my rental. And the staff in London were tough to deal with but when I got home Enterprise U.S. stepped in and solved it. They were extremely helpful when they probably didn't need to be.

courtney tennant Salem, VA

Every time I have used Enterprise the experience has been good!

Stephanie Byrd Miami, FL

Enterprise! Wow! This is my absolute favorite rental car service. Customer service and vehicle reliability are extremly important when reserving a vehicle. Enterprise has top tier service in these areas. I really appreciate the vehicles being affordable and in the best condition for either a short or the lengthiest rental time.

Landon Badoni Montgomery, TX

I rent from Enterprise every once in a while, usually when Budget is out of options, but that's only because I usually can't justify the increased cost. THAT BEING SAID, I've never had a bad experience in terms of customer service. They are usually very efficient and very friendly. I still definitely recommend Enterprise if you're looking for a quality car renting experience.

Debbie Farrow ,

When you travel and need to rent a car, you want convenience. This is what I found at the SLC airport. Easy to get to and just steps from the terminal. Staff was professional and got us checked in in. falsh. We were able to walk to the stall ourselves and get on the road in no time.

Really Villa Rica, GA

On February 9,2020 I was involved in a car accident. Enterprise in Villa Rica on Montgomery Street were amazing ! There are lots of things to do once you have an accident, one part I did not have to worry about is my rental situation while my vehicle was being repaired. Delaney M. her staff were fabulous the entire time my vehicle was being repaired and took great steps to ensure I was satisfied and knew what to expect during the process . I appreciate them and the fact they made a bad situation easier to handle because of their great customer service!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Enterprise is my first and only choice for rental vehicles. They offer newer cars, easy contracts, and fair prices along with a great rewards programs. They have the best customer support and always follow through with their service. I have never been disappointed even when they had inventory issues. They just worked harder for me to ensure my plans went off unimpeded. Every company should emulate Enterprise.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

Enterprise has always been incredible to work with. I had just spent the weekend in California for my daughters competition. We literally stayed at a hotel that was within a few miles of everywhere we needed/wanted to go. When we returned the car we had driven less than 30 miles and had forgotten to refill the tank. Because of how little we had driven the gas was on them!! So cool!!

Mila Angus Archer Hixson, TN

Enterprise has always treated me, spouse, and now children with honor and respect. They have worked with us when we've left paperwork at home for a debit card use. Upgraded when our car smells of smoke or dirty. When we went over on our mileage, they didn't charge us extra; when tank of gas was at 1/3 when we picked up car, they told us we could bring it back on "E". I have more examples.... I will only use Enterprise, unless there is no other option. Great company! Great customer service!

LA Tejana CM Tulsa, OK

well, i have nothing but great things to say about enterprise....I live in Tulsa Oklahoma and i use the 2223 11th st store. The employees there go out of their way to please you, And i Have never gotten a bad car. The employees there greet me with a warm welcome each time. I used to rent from another a facility and let me tell you, now they were a disappointment. I was always given a car that had just been returned and it wasnt clean. They over charge and arent reasonable. I had the great chance to use enterprise and havent regreated it yet and i dont think i will. "Go Enterprise''

Victoria Fayetteville, AR

Last year, I had a ton of problems with my car and it ended up having to go to the shop for weeks. My car dealership did not have a renter car, so they recommended I rent a car from Enterprise. Enterprise was so easy to work with and gave me a car that would fit my needs. When I received my rental car, the process was extremely easy and the car was so clean and nice. I 100% recommend renting a car from here!

Stephanie Byrd Tallahassee, FL

I am absolutely in love with Enterprises rental services. You can rent a vehicle in as little as a day before, which is perfect for those last minute trips. The vehicles are high quality, clean, and great for long distance trips. I always book a vehicle with Enterprise. They are trustworthy and reliable. Did I mention their super affordable prices? Rent a car here as soon as possible because you won’t regret it !

Teddy Cohen

I am writing as a prior client of Enterprise Rent a car in Hollywood, Fla. This location without a doubt, in all the years I have been renting cars, have never experienced such HORRIBLE service. From Management down to the counter personal. They were rude, disingenuous and unsympathetic. I had ordered a mid size car, I was given a "E" car with a take it or leave attitude and was told by management" It's your problem not ours"!! If i could give them "0" stars I would Enterprise Rent A Car 2090 N. State Rd 7 Hollywood, Fl. 33021

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

I love using Enterprise. Needed a large SUV for a volleyball tournament and they put us in a brand new Highlander. It was so quick getting the car and they offered convenient drop off after hours.

Liza Wilson ,

We have had nothing but good experiences with Enterprise! My parents have always bought used cars from them because they are in such great condition. They have great customer service and provide a quality product.

Karli American Fork, UT

We recently used enterprise to get a rental car while ours was in the shop. We scheduled it same day and it was easy to find a car available near us. The car was very clean and drove great!

Mark Troxel Provo, UT

Enterprise is my go to car rental company. They are almost alway to top company in my area when it comes to rental prices. When I need a car for a local rental, that is usually who I use. I have not always found that to be true when I travel. But I always look for where they are on the comparison list.

murfday College Station, TX

Pricing is usually competitive. Although I have not utilized it, I appreciate that they can pick you up and drop you off. I like that you earn points with each rental that you can use toward future rentals. I have never had a poor interactions with employees either.

Jared Provo, UT

Enterprise was very accommodating and professional! They are my go-to when I need a rental car. Obviously booking in advance gives you better rates, but great service overall.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

Every time I have rented a car with Enterprise the cars are well kept, clean, and the process of getting and returning the car is smooth. The customer service is great too. Sometimes there is a long line but that is probably because they are a good company!

Paige Stockard Wichita, KS

I used enterprise right at the beginning of the pandemic when I needed to drive home from college. They offered a great deal where college students didn't have to pay the extra fee for being under 25. They made picking up and returning super easy and the customer service was great!

Jane Collins Long Beach, MS

We rent a vehicle from Enterprise at least twice a year. The vehicles have always been less than 2 years old, and they are always very clean. I've always appreciated the customer service that has helped my family every time that we have reserved a vehicle. I would definitely use them again.

Nishita McLean, VA

I've had a good experience with Enterprise overall. Rented the car to drive from Buffalo International airport to Northern Virginia. I was not too comfortable driving an SUV the representative said: "I have a daughter, and if it were her, I'd ask her to sit in it, get a feel and even then you want a sedan I'll give you that". I fell in love with SUVs, I'm not very tall so I enjoyed it a bit too much. Drove for 14 hours in it and loved it. The billing experience, car availability, and service were good.

Danielle

My car was in the shop for repairs and my option at the time was another car rental company. After visiting three different locations and being told there were no cars available; I went to Enterprise and they went above and beyond to get a car for me in less than thirty minutes.

Chuck Teubert Pleasantville, NJ

I rented for a week in Hawaii and returned the car on a Friday. On the following Tuesday I remembered that I had left my speakerphone in the car that I rented. I called the location and to my surprise, they located my phone and per there procedure, it was sent via Fedex charged to the credit card I rented the car on. No extra charge.

Faye Griffin, GA

Flew to NYC and was booked at a hotel on Long Island. Of course, we needed transportation to get around. Made reservations online. They arrived within 10 min after we got to the hotel and had exactly what we had ordered!! Great service in a strange town

Kelly Stanley Orem, UT

Super straightforward. They make it simple and keep you informed.

Samoya Calvin Tallahassee, FL

Wonderful car rental service. I am a college student and when I returned my rental the company drove me to pick up my car from the shop. So I really appreciated that! They think about their customers. Shuttle services amazing addition.

Julie Earl Magna, UT

We recently traveled and needed a rental car. When we went to pick up the car, the check in process was easy. The best part was the car was super clean. We could tell that Enterprise had taken extra care to make sure the vehicle was thoroughly cleaned and ready for us.

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

Enterprise has come in clutch when we needed a car for long distance trips. Their selection is fantastic, giving us what we need from a sports car to a minivan. Their customer service is great! They changed out a car for us when they saw we wouldn't fit in the one we selected. The after hours return process is so nice.

Johnson Smithfield, UT

I have had many times that I have shown up to pick up my car and my reservation has been lost which makes for a very frustrating experience. With Enterprise I know that I can count on them to have a car waiting for me. I have never had a problem with this company.