Enterprise Rent-A-Car was founded in 1957. It is a household name when it comes to rental cars. According to Forbes, they are one of the largest privately held companies in the world. According to Business Weekly magazine, Enterprise has been voted as one of the top places to start a career. A lot of young professionals get their start at one of the Enterprise locations throughout the country. By 2005, JD Power and Associates had recognized Enterprise seven times for its outstanding customer service, indicating that Enterprise really rolls out the red carpet for customers. Enterprise has a car sharing business that lets customers use a car for a short period of time during a day. This differs from its car rental services, as car sharing customers pay an hourly fee to use a car.

The Good

• High Availability
  • Average Industry Prices
  • On-Site Fuel Discount

Economy Price Range

Economy rentals with Enterprise prices range from medium to high depending on the rental location. The prices are competitive when compared with the average rental car company. Enterprise also offers cheap, very inexpensive one-time deals that can help customers save money.

Luxury Price Range

Enterprise's luxury rentals range from medium to high depending on the rental location. These prices are in the normal range for many rental car companies who offer luxury vehicles. Some major car rental companies are more expensive in price, making Enterprise luxury rentals more affordable than a good portion of their competitors.

States Available

Enterprise can be found in all 50 states. They have one of the highest number of locations in the industry, with more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population.

Airports Locations

With rental counters at most major airports throughout North America, Enterprise is available in most major airports in the U.S. and Canada. With so many locations, it makes it very convenient for customers to plan trips and use Enterprise's services. One unique service Enterprise offers that customers won't find everywhere else is their complimentary pickup/drop-off service for renters who want to leave their car at home, or don't have a way to get to the rental agency. This is especially convenient for customers who are renting at airports.

On-Site Fuel Discount

Enterprise offers customers an on-site fuel discount. Customers can choose to prepay for their fuel, which is calculated by the local price per gallon, minus Enterprise's discount. This is unique, because most rental companies do not offer on-site fuel discounts.

The Bad

• No Instant Return
  • No Online Check-In
  • Limited Roadside Assistance

Instant Return

According to their policies, Enterprise does not offer any instant return services. Customers have to return their car or vehicle in person. This may mean waiting in line to return your car. Some major competitors of the same size offer instant return for general customers and others offer instant return through their membership rewards program. Enterprise, being the largest rental car company to date, would do well to offer this option to remain competitive.

Online Check-In

Enterprise does not offer an online check-in option. However, at an airport, customers have the option of returning their car after business hours. If a customer has to return their car before or after business hours, each location has a set of procedures for dealing with after hour returns.

Roadside Assistance

Enterprise offers renters roadside assistance protection that covers flat tire, jump start, lockout service, fuel delivery, and key replacement. The downside is that Enterprise offers roadside assistance protection only at select locations.

The Bottom Line

The Enterprise brand name alone makes it worthy of consideration, but their pickup/drop-off service for economy renters takes it above and beyond the competition. Their rental rates are average in the industry. Enterprise's availability and on-site fuel discount help to make using Enterprise more competitive. Customers are recommended to check Enterprise's website for any current deals that may be running, since they offer cheaper one-time-only rates. Overall, Enterprise is a viable rental option.

Jared

January 22nd, 2021 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise was very accommodating and professional! They are my go-to when I need a rental car. Obviously booking in advance gives you better rates, but great service overall.

Debbie Farrow

January 21st, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When you travel and need to rent a car, you want convenience. This is what I found at the SLC airport. Easy to get to and just steps from the terminal. Staff was professional and got us checked in in. falsh. We were able to walk to the stall ourselves and get on the road in no time.

Mason Allen

January 21st, 2021 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Every time I have rented a car with Enterprise the cars are well kept, clean, and the process of getting and returning the car is smooth. The customer service is great too. Sometimes there is a long line but that is probably because they are a good company!

Brad H

January 21st, 2021 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used Enterprise when I was in North Carolina for two weeks. The first time I had ever rented a car. The company was very helpful going over every detail of the price of the car and the other associated fees. They. walked me through what to do in case of any problems with the car not working. Also they explained the check in progress and what I was responsible for. I used the car for two weeks without incident. I drove it back after driving it 10 miles from the last fill up. They still gave me credit for a full tank

Cindy H

January 21st, 2021 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have rented from Enterprise several times and always had a positive experience. They are fair and don't have hidden charges.

Mike

January 20th, 2021 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've loved renting from Enterprise. Staff has always been extremely helpful. I rented for many years months at a time and never have had an issues with them. I got had an accident overseas with my rental. And the staff in London were tough to deal with but when I got home Enterprise U.S. stepped in and solved it. They were extremely helpful when they probably didn't need to be.

Samoya Calvin

December 8th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wonderful car rental service. I am a college student and when I returned my rental the company drove me to pick up my car from the shop. So I really appreciated that! They think about their customers. Shuttle services amazing addition.

Emily Grossman

November 30th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX

Rented a car to go on vacation. It went pretty smoothly. The car was clean and ran well. It was an easy process from pick up to return.

jaci finch

November 20th, 2020 Corpus Christi, TX

I tried out and looked enterprise, but ultimately did not use it. It is good, but it was just not user friendly enough for me.

bryan bishop

November 14th, 2020 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When we lost our family car to an accident, Enterprise gave us an upgrade to a larger suv that we needed to fit our family. We had that suv for about 3 weeks while we replaced the family car. Great service.

Beccajo 1976

November 14th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was quick and easy for pick up and drop off. Spouses are able to drive the vehicle without having to be there to show their ID

Chelsey Smith

November 13th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast, affordable, clean ready to go! Customer service is so important to me. Enterprise employees have taken care of me and my family.

Davis Johnson

November 13th, 2020 Pocatello, ID

Rented a car from enterprise at the Long Beach CA airport. They were awesome and got into the perfect vehicle for the trip.

Ashlee Bair

November 12th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

Looking for a great car rental company! Enterprise is quick and easy to get you a rental car quickly!

Shyanne Ovard

November 12th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were very helpful when I wrecked my car and were able to get me a car quick and one that was clean and met my needs.

Bchell

November 11th, 2020 Midvale, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always easy to use and friendly employees. Great and competitive prices. You do sometimes have to be specific if you need a large vehicle. But great company! Cars are always clean and well taken care of.

Julie Earl

November 10th, 2020 Magna, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We recently traveled and needed a rental car. When we went to pick up the car, the check in process was easy. The best part was the car was super clean. We could tell that Enterprise had taken extra care to make sure the vehicle was thoroughly cleaned and ready for us.

Victoria

November 9th, 2020 Fayetteville, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Last year, I had a ton of problems with my car and it ended up having to go to the shop for weeks. My car dealership did not have a renter car, so they recommended I rent a car from Enterprise. Enterprise was so easy to work with and gave me a car that would fit my needs. When I received my rental car, the process was extremely easy and the car was so clean and nice. I 100% recommend renting a car from here!

otis90

November 9th, 2020 Preston, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Enterprise car rental when I travel for work. I find there staff very friendly and helpful. Their customer support is great. The vehicles I have rented are nice and clean and reliable.

Dale Howe

November 9th, 2020 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've always had good results and good customer service when renting with Enterprise. I love their "We'll pick you up" feature.

John E

November 8th, 2020 Leadore, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We found it very helpful they meet our needs at a fair price. The equipment is exceptional in very good condition and reliable

Katie Elliott

November 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were there when I needed a vehicle after I was hit by a car. They were fast and very helpful.

SKleven

November 5th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT

We went on a trip last summer and rented an SUV. It did not fit all our luggage and people space well. Enterprise was great to work with in exchanging for a bigger vehicle.

Wendy Smullin

November 5th, 2020 Logan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise has come in clutch when we needed a car for long distance trips. Their selection is fantastic, giving us what we need from a sports car to a minivan. Their customer service is great! They changed out a car for us when they saw we wouldn't fit in the one we selected. The after hours return process is so nice.

Ryan Larsen

November 5th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Best car rental company. Reliable, fair, and reasonably priced. Always willing to work through car issues.

Devin Smith

November 4th, 2020 Lake Stevens, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I'm just under 25 so renting a car is a pain process wise. But enterprise made sure I had the best deal and car still! Well worth it!

Mat A

November 4th, 2020 Rancho Cordova, CA

I always rent my cars through Enterprise when I travel. They are very friendly when I arrive, and very helpful. I always rent with the exotic collection and it’s been a pleasure!

Johnson

November 4th, 2020 Smithfield, UT

I have had many times that I have shown up to pick up my car and my reservation has been lost which makes for a very frustrating experience. With Enterprise I know that I can count on them to have a car waiting for me. I have never had a problem with this company.

Jaida Williams

October 29th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rent out cars from enterprise every time I drive up to college. I rarely have issues. Cars are usually clean and fit mechanically. I only had one bad experience with ants in the car.

Stephanie Byrd

October 26th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am absolutely in love with Enterprises rental services. You can rent a vehicle in as little as a day before, which is perfect for those last minute trips. The vehicles are high quality, clean, and great for long distance trips. I always book a vehicle with Enterprise. They are trustworthy and reliable. Did I mention their super affordable prices? Rent a car here as soon as possible because you won’t regret it !

Alyssa Hansel

October 26th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise is one of my favorite car rental services, I used this service while on vacation in Puerto Rico and it was very affordable and the employee was super nice!

GeAunte Fisher

October 23rd, 2020 Glendale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just to start off by saying I typically never leave reviews about businesses because I believe that most issues can be fixed over the phone or majority of the time or they are not worth reporting. This situation is 100% different. I’ve rented from enterprise about 3 times including this scenario. Let me begin with my Situation. I was in a car accident on the 25th of September that left my car totaled. The insurance company payed for my rental through enterprise from the 28th to the 15th. On the 15th of October I received a call stating that I needed to come into the Avondale enterprise location to fill out paperwork if I wanted to keep using the ENTERPRISE rental car through enterprise using the insurances rate. I agreed to coming in to an enterprise location but asked if it could be at the sky harbor location since they have a better car selection. Hince the car they gave me at first ran sluggish and had 2 cracks on the windshield when I drove off which I had to call back 5 minutes after renting the vehicle to report. The lady I spoke with said it was ok if I went to the phx sky harbor location and do that just make sure I tell them it’s for a insurance claim so I can get the same rate. I went to the sky harbor location after work to swap cars and fill out the paperwork. I had intentions on paying the additional amount to rent the car through the 28th which was the limit. The representative there tried to run my credit card which declined. I then pulled out my debit card to make the payment and the representative stopped me. He said it was ok as long as on the 28th when I dropped off the car I swapped the form of payment as well so they could collect the payment. I asked if the representative was sure. He said yes. He completes the paperwork and has me sign the documents. I leave with the rental car. I leave to California to visit my family. The weekend expires and Monday comes and I didn’t receive any calls it was peaceful. On Tuesday I receive a call from enterprise Avondale location stating I was past due. Keep in mind that I am at another site location representing my job since I’m in IT so I am at work. Shocked that I’m receiving a call like this I start to plead my case to the lady representative on the phone with me. All the lady representative said was that the phx sky harbor representative was wrong with the information they provided me and I need to pay. The lady then went on to say they’ve been trying to debit my credit card for the amount. Wow. What?..... Now they need another form of payment because it was declining the transaction. Noticing that both of our tones started to change and I was at work I then told the lady representative I would have to call back because I was at work. She continued to state she needs to collect a payment. After about 2 times of her saying this I became frustrated and disconnected the call. I then receive a threatening voicemail from the representative saying she was going to escalate this to risk management. Which she before stated in the phone call that risk management can report the car stolen. I instantly call back and receive a gentleman on the phone. I explained to the gentleman what happened at the airport and that I was given wrong expectations. Obviously it was true because I was able to drive off a top security airport with a Enterprise Rental. He said yeah something is very strange about that and validated my point. He then went on to read the notes the previous lady representative left about me. She said that I refused to pay and has no intention on paying for the rental. Not once did I say any of that on the phone call with her. I got off of work around 7pm and got home at 8 pm. Next day I contact their Risk management department. They stated that they don’t see anything on the account and I don’t look to be pulling up any red flags with them. They recommended that I contact the area manager. I said ok. Next day I receive a voicemail from Clark C stating that I need to return the car because not paying for something an using it isn’t right. They said that’s not a good way to run a business. I thought the voicemail was pretty rude since I didn’t do anything wrong and it wasn’t like I was running from them. We obviously had multiple conversations about the situation. When I contacted Clark the area manager for the Avondale location he stated I was given wrong information. I then told Clark I do not have a problem with paying the amount. My problem was that the company tried to debit my credit card multiple times without my knowledge. Then they stated that I couldn’t use that credit card any longer and I had to change my form of payment. Which wasn’t true because they tried to debit my card 3 times since Tuesday. I could have easily out the money onto my credit card if they would have gave me the option or informed me that it try’s every 24 hours. Instead they were so focused on collecting a payment now that they didn’t hear the solution I was giving them. I then asked Clark C to allow me to speak with someone else higher than him in regard to the matter. His response was that it wasn’t going to go no higher than him and I could not speak with anyone else. Clark C then sent me a text message stating “Geaunte Fisher This text is to advise you that your rental of our 2019 Gray Dodge Charger is now escalated due to an overdue return, outstanding balance, and failure to comply with branch deposit requirements.   At this time we are demanding immediate return of our rental property. If you are unable to return, please provide the location of the vehicle, and we will send a team to repossess it. If you have any questions, please contact me directly at xxx-xxx-xxxx Clark C Area Manager Enterprise Holdings “ I then called in to the call center and they reported it to management. I then received this text message from Clark C. “Mr. Fisher, I just got your corporate complaint. It goes straight to me. As I said, I am the last word on this. “ He then stated that I could speak with their risk management team. I then asked when will they be contacting me. He then said “I have asked her to reach out to you as soon as possible”. I waited by my phone for 4 hours for someone to call me answering anything that rung on my phone. I received no calls. I then receive a call from my mother stating that a tow truck had the rental on their flatbed and was driving off. I received no call that they were going to tow the car with my personal belongings inside the car. I had my gun in the car. To make things worse I call the tow company to get my belongings and they said it never reached the tow yard. It went straight to phx sky harbor. I am totally upset and ready to break down because none of this was my fault and if the representatives would have took the time to investigate the situation and do the right thing this would have never happened. Since my car is totaled I have no car. All over setting wrong expectations and not listening to the customer. Horrible service. Then they say a manger is going to contact you. When I ask how long will this take they say 1 to 5 business days. Horrible service.

Susanna Collins

October 20th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

Enterprise always provides us with the best cars and at affordable prices. the staff is amazing as well!

Ali.men

October 15th, 2020 , FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My family always rents cars from there whenever we go on road trips. The service is great and the cars are almost brand new in amazing condition.

Melissa vandenover

October 9th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When our car was in the shop getting repaired we had to get a rental car. We got upgraded for free and I loved the convienance of them picking us up and the quick drop off when our car was finished

Allee Wassmer

October 7th, 2020 Lehi, UT

Love renting from here. Every vehicle has been very nice with great pricing and customer service

Golden Wassmer

October 7th, 2020 Lehi, UT

Their pricing is very competitive with other companies. Have locations all over.

Katie Lewis

October 2nd, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT

The car wasn't ready so they gave me a free upgraded car which I was extremely satisfied with!

Morgan whiting

October 1st, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Whenever I have to rent a car I go to enterprise. They have the best prices and service! I once left my iPad in the rental and they called to let me know.

Paige Stockard

September 22nd, 2020 Wichita, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used enterprise right at the beginning of the pandemic when I needed to drive home from college. They offered a great deal where college students didn't have to pay the extra fee for being under 25. They made picking up and returning super easy and the customer service was great!

MiKE McWilliams

September 19th, 2020 Little Rock, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Dependable reservation service cars are not always clean. However, cars are in dependable operating condition.

Jaci Rhoades

September 16th, 2020 Bryant, AR

Anytime I have to rent a car, I use Enterprise. They are quick, easy and the staff is always pleasant to work with. They make sure to call you and work with you if there's any issues with your insurance.

pdanielson13

September 16th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fairly decent as a rental car company. Their cars are well taken care of . For ex. the interior of their rental Toyota Corolla is vacuumed and smells like new.

AF

September 15th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was a good experience, the line at the counter wasn't too long. The car was pretty good -- they even gave me a free upgrade.

Lottielyn Schwenke

September 14th, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Enterprise for the first time on my trip to Hawaii last year. They had great service and were easy to use. I didn't like traveling through the garage to get our car since we had lots of luggage and it was a multi floor garage however that's more a location issue than company issue. Overall good.

Patrick Curry

September 14th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT

We used this service when we were in an accident and they were great to work with and the savings were great. Would definitely use again and recommend

Eric Wilkinson

September 14th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My wife and I had to attend a funeral out of state. We needed to rent a small car to save on gas. The only car that they had available last minute was a beautiful yellow Mustang. We enjoyed our nice ride in the Mustang and were grateful to Enterprise for accommodating our need for a small car and they honored the price of the economy car.

Ashlee Aurazo

September 14th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Always have had nice cars with very little hassle at pick up and drop offs. Rates have been pretty good.

Dayna

September 13th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise is our go-to for car rentals. We know we are going to get a good car for a decent price.

Tagg

September 10th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have never had a problem with Enterprise. They have amazing customer service and provide the quality you expect.