Enterprise Rent-A-Car was founded in 1957. It is a household name when it comes to rental cars. According to Forbes, they are one of the largest privately held companies in the world. According to Business Weekly magazine, Enterprise has been voted as one of the top places to start a career. A lot of young professionals get their start at one of the Enterprise locations throughout the country. By 2005, JD Power and Associates had recognized Enterprise seven times for its outstanding customer service, indicating that Enterprise really rolls out the red carpet for customers. Enterprise has a car sharing business that lets customers use a car for a short period of time during a day. This differs from its car rental services, as car sharing customers pay an hourly fee to use a car.

3.9
#2 Hertz chevron_right
3.7
#3 Sixt Rent A Car chevron_right
1.3
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• High availability
  • Average industry prices
  • On-site fuel discount

Economy Price Range

Economy rentals with Enterprise prices range from medium to high depending on the rental location. The prices are competitive when compared with the average rental car company. Enterprise also offers cheap, very inexpensive one-time deals that can help customers save money.

Luxury Price Range

Enterprise's luxury rentals range from medium to high depending on the rental location. These prices are in the normal range for many rental car companies who offer luxury vehicles. Some major car rental companies are more expensive in price, making Enterprise luxury rentals more affordable than a good portion of their competitors.

States Available

Enterprise can be found in all 50 states. They have one of the highest number of locations in the industry, with more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population.

Airports Locations

With rental counters at most major airports throughout North America, Enterprise is available in most major airports in the U.S. and Canada. With so many locations, it makes it very convenient for customers to plan trips and use Enterprise's services.

One unique service Enterprise offers that customers won't find everywhere else is their complimentary pickup/drop-off service for renters who want to leave their car at home, or don't have a way to get to the rental agency. This is especially convenient for customers who are renting at airports.

On-Site Fuel Discount

Enterprise offers customers an on-site fuel discount. Customers can choose to prepay for their fuel, which is calculated by the local price per gallon, minus Enterprise's discount. This is unique, because most rental companies do not offer on-site fuel discounts.

The Bad

• No instant return
  • No online check-in
  • Limited roadside assistance

Instant Return

According to their policies, Enterprise does not offer any instant return services. Customers have to return their car or vehicle in person. This may mean waiting in line to return your car. Some major competitors of the same size offer instant return for general customers and others offer instant return through their membership rewards program. Enterprise, being the largest rental car company to date, would do well to offer this option to remain competitive.

Online Check-In

Enterprise does not offer an online check-in option. However, at an airport, customers have the option of returning their car after business hours. If a customer has to return their car before or after business hours, each location has a set of procedures for dealing with after hour returns.

Roadside Assistance

Enterprise offers renters roadside assistance protection that covers flat tire, jump start, lockout service, fuel delivery, and key replacement. The downside is that Enterprise offers roadside assistance protection only at select locations.

The Bottom Line

Enterprise's brand name alone makes it worthy of consideration, but their pickup/drop-off service for economy renters takes it above and beyond the competition. Their rental rates are average in the industry. Enterprise's availability and on-site fuel discount help to make using Enterprise more competitive. Customers are recommended to check Enterprise's website for any current deals that may be running, since they offer cheaper one-time-only rates. Overall, Enterprise is a viable rental option.

3.9

Krystal Taylor
August 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Excellent service! Very user-friendly website. My friends and I needed to rent a car very last minute, and they were very willing to help us out and they were very accommodating to our situation. One of the things that impressed me to was how straightforward and upfront they were, they told us everything we needed to know in advance, there were absolutely no hidden costs. The vehicle we rented was new, clean, comfortable and gave us no problems on our journey.

Sage Robertson
July 22nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

We have used Enterprise on multiple occasions. We usually have extremely good experiences with them, but the last time we got a vehicle it smelled heavily of cigarettes. The man at the desk didn't seem to care about our complaint. We even asked for a replacement vehicle, but was denied. I had a new baby at the time, and was extremely upset at the fact they weren't willing to help us.

Haley Baldwin
July 10th, 2019 DETAILS

My family and I have used enterprise on a couple occasions. We have always been very pleased with our car and the service we receive. Staff is very friendly and pricing isn’t terrible.

Paige Baldwin
July 8th, 2019 Wellsville, UT

My family and I used enterprise when we traveled to Hawaii this past year. They were so great to work with and we loved the car we had. I would definitely recommend them.

C B
July 5th, 2019 Hyrum, UT DETAILS

Enterprise has been a good value for the rental. Used them multiple times in different locations.

Rosann Stanko
June 27th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

We rented from Enterprise when we were on a trip to Florida and we were pleased with the cleanliness of the car and the ease of the rental.

Shanae Boully
June 24th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

I have rented a car from Enterprise before and haven’t had any problems. Everything turned out fine and I enjoyed my trip while using my rental car.

Olivia LeBaron
June 24th, 2019 Delta, UT DETAILS

Enterprise has good customer service, clean cars and a good price. It’s made a pleasant vacation. One time my daughter messed up the rental when we went on a trip and they sorted everything out quite nicely.

Isaac
June 10th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Whenever we go on vacation or I go somewhere for business, I always try to rent my cars through enterprise. I’ve always gotten the car I wanted and they have been clean and they people and website are all easy to work with. So it’s easy to rent a car now and doesn’t take forever.

Marissa
June 10th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN

Enterprise is a decent car rental. Though in my experience they are a little pricey and definitely not the cheapest. Plus they have car drop fees that are ridiculous. I Usually don't book with them if I can avoid it.

Kimberly LeBaron
June 6th, 2019 Delta, UT DETAILS

Eterprise is a good place to rent cars from because there are branches in so many locations. I rented a car on a trip to Novia Scotia, and had a good experience. The car was nice and clean, the price was good, and everything was pretty straightforward with fees and regulations. My one complaint is that their app can be hard to use.

Nicole LeBaron
June 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

We used Enterprise when we went to Hawaii. I really liked the car for getting around the island. Great company and very reliable the car.

Elisa Vakapuna
May 21st, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Enterprise is great! From their vehicles to their prices are amazing! We love the company!

Reese
May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used Enterprise many times for car rentals. I love that they pick you up and drop you off. I have used them while my car was being repaired from an accident and they set me up with what I needed at a price that was reasonable. Good quality cars that are a step above other car rental places.

Christy Suguturaga
February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I love renting cars from enterprise. Always new and clean. I’m never scared to make a long trip. I’ve rented tons of cars and have never had a bad experience.

Tiffany
December 14th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

Great price one of the cars they gave me had an issue they fixed it right away and had me on my way.

Darius Williams
December 12th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

Really great customer service, have had no issues using Enterprise service.

Starski Cene
December 11th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

My go-to for car rentals! Pros: - Multiple locations which make dropoffs and pick ups really convenient - Great weekend rates and they usually have coupons for discounted weekday rates - Customer service has always been excellent, friendly staff, timely and not deceptive with the added insurance - After hours drop off boxes makes dropoffs really easy - Huge selection of vehicles Cons: Weekend hours are limited

Amanda Purpura
December 6th, 2018 Gibsonia, PA DETAILS

Their customer service is incredible and they make the logistics of getting a rental car extremely easy. I use them exclusively for any of my car rental needs.

Linda Quach
December 6th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

We use them everytime we travel, great prices, with benefits and they treat us great.

Fernando Delgado
December 5th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

Very easy to book your car online and have it ready for pick up and for an affordable price. The cars we have rented have been clean and well maintained.

Nishita
December 5th, 2018 McLean, VA DETAILS

I've had a good experience with Enterprise overall. Rented the car to drive from Buffalo International airport to Northern Virginia. I was not too comfortable driving an SUV the representative said: "I have a daughter, and if it were her, I'd ask her to sit in it, get a feel and even then you want a sedan I'll give you that". I fell in love with SUVs, I'm not very tall so I enjoyed it a bit too much. Drove for 14 hours in it and loved it. The billing experience, car availability, and service were good.

Katie Kearney
November 30th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

I have needed to use Enterprise a few times for rentals and they have always been great. I always enjoyed the cars I rented and they were great about informing me on everything I needed to know. Very smooth process.

David Chao
November 27th, 2018 El Dorado Hills, CA DETAILS

This review is specific to my horrible experience at Enterprise Rent a Car at the SJD Los Cabos International Airport location. For reference, I have rented cars in Cabo, Mexico for over 5 years. Each experience had it's challenges, some better than others but this one was by far the worst. I think there's a common perception that you are getting swindled when you rent a car in Cabo and these guys truly make that perception a reality. Very disappointed in my experience with Enterprise at the Cabo Airport. I booked a minivan for my family but was given a much smaller Jeep. It was like an episode of Seinfeld where they knew how to take my reservation but they didn't know how to keep the reservation. I spend almost a hour telling them I didn't want a small discount on the Jeep, I just wanted the more expensive minivan that I had reserved. I was willing to pay more for the minivan as I wanted the extra space, hence, why I made the minivan reservation in the first place. They finally told me to take the Jeep to the hotel and they would drop a minivan off at the hotel the next day. Needless to say, that never happened. They just said that to get me on my way. I should also mention that the mandatory insurance that I accepted was listed as "Upsell" when I asked to review the numbers on their computer screen. Upon returning the car, they ended up giving me a small discount. It wasn't anything to repair the terrible experience. My fault for not taking a closer look at the final bill as I was focused on getting to the airport and getting my family through security but they actually charged me a late fee though I was not late! I confirmed times on the rental agreement and the drop off time was not late. The small discount they gave me was recaptured by the staff by charging me a late fee! As my family and I were waiting for the airport shuttle, I could overhear multiple families complaining and dropping "F-bombs" and saying "I don't trust these guys at all!" I'm a big believer in online reviews and the power of the collective people. Over 99% of my online reviews are very positive (4-5 stars). This is my first 1-star review and I must say that Enterprise at the Cabo Airport earned it.

Kathie Bowman
November 16th, 2018 Lakeside, CA DETAILS

i used enterprise for a rental car when my car was in the shop. they were so friendly and easy to work with.

Amber C Frey
November 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Of all the car rental services I've used I'd say I was happiest with Enterprise. Super easy process of renting, the car was in great condition, and no extra or hidden fees. Got my deposit back pretty quickly after returning the car as well.

Marybunny
November 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Very friendly employees. Nice selection of vehicles to choose from. Super easy returns.

Jones House Publishing
October 1st, 2018 DETAILS

Not good. They kept giving me little cars and both cars had something wrong with them, contending that they were the only one's available.

Tevita
September 27th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Used Enterprise a few times and they use to price out pretty good. Lately they have been on the more expensive side. We had a bad experience with them once, and haven't gone back since. Maybe if their prices are better we will try them again.

Shari Evers
September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Enterprise has always been incredible to work with. I had just spent the weekend in California for my daughters competition. We literally stayed at a hotel that was within a few miles of everywhere we needed/wanted to go. When we returned the car we had driven less than 30 miles and had forgotten to refill the tank. Because of how little we had driven the gas was on them!! So cool!!

POLYANA LAVAKI
September 17th, 2018 Salt Lake City, UT

Customer service is really good and trust worthy. One time I forgot a shirt in the car, not my favorite shirt so I wasnt worried about it. They called me couple times and left a message telling me that I forgot my shirt and that they will hold on to it till i pick it up. I told them to just throw it away. ha!ha!

Dave Brinton
September 4th, 2018 DETAILS

I like that Enterprise is willing to pick me up anywhere. Impressed with their great customer service.

wanda
August 31st, 2018 Saint George, UT

i really like the customer service that is why i continue to book with Enterprise. i had a problem with the website so i called customer service and they helped me book a reservation and told me about the weekend deal that made it cheaper for me. i like that they offer auto insurance at only $13/day and it covers the vehicle at 100%.

Joy Henry
August 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Enterprise is our favorite rental company and usually has the best rates and cars available. We use them where ever we go no matter what. They are quick to get you going and quick when you return the car. The staff is friendly/

Melissa Reinoso
August 31st, 2018 Herriman, UT DETAILS

I have used them a lot of times on vacations with my family and when my brother got in a car accident. They were always quick to find us a car that we were able to afford in the price range that we were trying to stay in when renting.

Derek Scoville
August 30th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used cheap budget car rental agencies, but you get what you pay for. Enterprise offered me a no hassle check in and check out, that was fast and easy. It was worth paying a little more for that.

Lesa Burgess
August 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

As a frequent car renter, I found Enterprise Rental had good low daily rates. They have a great rewards program that allows you to rack up rewards points, or partner with other rewards companies out there. Their pricing are most of the time lower than competitors out there, so when I travel, this is the first thing I check and I find Enterprise always one of the lowest. High praise for Enterprise and strongly recommend.

Thomas Hullinger
August 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

They have the car you need available at any time. They pick you up and that makes all the difference.

Dylan Findlay
August 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

I got in a car accident and my insurance company went through Enterprise to rent me a car. It was as simple as picking up the car and returning it when I no longer needed it. Simple process!

Leslie
August 29th, 2018 West Jordan, UT

Easy pick up and drop off... Enterprise provided me with a clean car at a great price.

Tualagi
August 29th, 2018 Saint George, UT

Enterprise is great! Good car rental prices especially on the weekends. They offer extra car insurance to cover any damage. Options to fill up gas tank if you forget to fill up at drop off. Accommodate when the vehicle we book is not available. They will upgrade us with no extra charge which is very nice.

NT
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

i continue to go back to Enterprise because they always have cars in stock, good deals, weekend rate is unbeatable, and the customer service is great.

tini mapu
August 28th, 2018 Orem, UT

Enterprise is always so great to work with. This is our family go to car rental company. They are always so helpful and quick. When they don't have the car you reserved they will find it at another location. They make it such an easy process.

Reagan Durfey
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used enterprise for vacations or buisness trips and they always have the car clean and ready to go for me.

LAURI J CLARK
August 28th, 2018 Lindon, UT

We often use rental cars when we travel and always search for the best value. There have been times when that value means we use Enterprise for our rental. I have used Enterprise while my car was being repaired after a car accident and appreciated that they upgraded my rental without charging me extra at the time. It was a nice surprise!

Jr
August 28th, 2018 Orem, UT

always a positive experience when picking / dropping off rental. Rental is always clean and smelling good. full gas. easy process, fast check in and check out. Deposit is refunded within 3 business days back to my account.

L Fowler
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

We have used Enterprise through our insurance company when we've had to get a rental for a car when our personal vehicle was in need of fixing. They are very professional and are thorough. They have great quality vehicles, but didn't have a great selection to choose from.

J Paul Wright
August 27th, 2018 Central, UT

For car rental, this is the company I have settled with using the most. The usually have the car available that I want and I am generally able to get the best price if not close the best price. They have been very easy to deal with when getting the lot to pick up the car and for drop off and have not encountered problems. Their sales people are quite professional.

Aiga
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

my first choice when i need to rent a car. customer service is excellent. i have used Enterprise for decades and i have never had a problem. Easy booking, easy pickup and drop, prices are fair. i get my deposit back into my account within 3 days. Vehicles are reliable and clean.

Robin
August 27th, 2018 Orem, UT

i rent all the time from Enterprise because they are easy, affordable and nice. There rental cars are reliable and clean. They do there best to get the vehicle i request.