Enterprise Rent-A-Car was founded in 1957. It is a household name when it comes to rental cars. According to Forbes, they are one of the largest privately held companies in the world. According to Business Weekly magazine, Enterprise has been voted as one of the top places to start a career. A lot of young professionals get their start at one of the Enterprise locations throughout the country. By 2005, JD Power and Associates had recognized Enterprise seven times for its outstanding customer service, indicating that Enterprise really rolls out the red carpet for customers. Enterprise has a car sharing business that lets customers use a car for a short period of time during a day. This differs from its car rental services, as car sharing customers pay an hourly fee to use a car.

#2 Hertz chevron_right
3.8
#3 Sixt Rent A Car chevron_right
1.3
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• High availability
  • Average industry prices
  • On-site fuel discount

Economy Price Range

Economy rentals with Enterprise prices range from medium to high depending on the rental location. The prices are competitive when compared with the average rental car company. Enterprise also offers cheap, very inexpensive one-time deals that can help customers save money.

Luxury Price Range

Enterprise's luxury rentals range from medium to high depending on the rental location. These prices are in the normal range for many rental car companies who offer luxury vehicles. Some major car rental companies are more expensive in price, making Enterprise luxury rentals more affordable than a good portion of their competitors.

States Available

Enterprise can be found in all 50 states. They have one of the highest number of locations in the industry, with more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population.

Airports Locations

With rental counters at most major airports throughout North America, Enterprise is available in most major airports in the U.S. and Canada. With so many locations, it makes it very convenient for customers to plan trips and use Enterprise's services.

One unique service Enterprise offers that customers won't find everywhere else is their complimentary pickup/drop-off service for renters who want to leave their car at home, or don't have a way to get to the rental agency. This is especially convenient for customers who are renting at airports.

On-Site Fuel Discount

Enterprise offers customers an on-site fuel discount. Customers can choose to prepay for their fuel, which is calculated by the local price per gallon, minus Enterprise's discount. This is unique, because most rental companies do not offer on-site fuel discounts.

The Bad

• No instant return
  • No online check-in
  • Limited roadside assistance

Instant Return

According to their policies, Enterprise does not offer any instant return services. Customers have to return their car or vehicle in person. This may mean waiting in line to return your car. Some major competitors of the same size offer instant return for general customers and others offer instant return through their membership rewards program. Enterprise, being the largest rental car company to date, would do well to offer this option to remain competitive.

Online Check-In

Enterprise does not offer an online check-in option. However, at an airport, customers have the option of returning their car after business hours. If a customer has to return their car before or after business hours, each location has a set of procedures for dealing with after hour returns.

Roadside Assistance

Enterprise offers renters roadside assistance protection that covers flat tire, jump start, lockout service, fuel delivery, and key replacement. The downside is that Enterprise offers roadside assistance protection only at select locations.

The Bottom Line

Enterprise's brand name alone makes it worthy of consideration, but their pickup/drop-off service for economy renters takes it above and beyond the competition. Their rental rates are average in the industry. Enterprise's availability and on-site fuel discount help to make using Enterprise more competitive. Customers are recommended to check Enterprise's website for any current deals that may be running, since they offer cheaper one-time-only rates. Overall, Enterprise is a viable rental option.

3.9

Shawn
October 14th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Always have been happy with Enterprise. Good selections of cars and I have received great service from them

Rischelle Mikkelson
October 14th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I really like using Enterprise for local rentals. I have used them twice while getting auto repair work done on my car. They staff are very friendly, the rental price is great, and the locations are very convenient.

bailey jo
October 14th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Lots of great options for rental cars and always available when I've needed a rental. They are always my top choice.

Rob Lundquist
October 11th, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

I have used enterprise for many years and found it to be one of the most consistent and quality rental agencies out there.

Cassandra
October 11th, 2019 Sunnyvale, CA DETAILS

Enterprise never lets you down. Their customer service is great, and they have never not had my car ready for me when I arrive! Renting cars should be simple and Enterprise makes that happen!

ave
October 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

The service is very professional and they offer nice and reliable cars. It is definitely worth the extra money you pay to go with them for your rental car.

Don Boren
October 9th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Cars are clean when you pick them up. The check in and out process is quick and easy. It is convenient that they will come and pick you up if you need them to.

Amy Boren
October 9th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We picked up the car with ease and It was a standard rental car. We didn't have any issues during our trip so it was a success.

Zac Marx
October 8th, 2019 Brighton, CO DETAILS

Enterprise easily has the best rental cars out there. Especially as a student, I used Enterprise often because of its discounts and cheaper options that other rental car places dont offer.

Jami Howell
October 7th, 2019 Farmington, UT DETAILS

Good selection of cars and their return/pick up process is easy and straight forward. Good prices for what they have.

Kate Gregory
October 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We've used Enterprise probably half a dozen times over the past decade. They work well with us and our insurance.

Garrett Mingus
October 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I rented a car with Enterpirse in North Carolina. Their customer service was great, they were very helpful. I even was able to trade my assigned car for a different car that was even been better suited for us. Renting a car is always expensive, but they made it easy to pick up and drop off.

Sherry Arnold
October 2nd, 2019 Alpine, UT DETAILS

Great service, fair prices, very friendly employees. I always check with Enterprise first for our rental needs.

Anthony Sgambati
October 1st, 2019 Rocklin, CA DETAILS

Enterprise makes renting a car so easy! The process was smooth from booking to return. The car we rented was clean, gases up and ready to go! Thanks enterprise!

Ted Johnson
September 30th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used Enterprise car rental many times and as their slogan says, they pick you up and that helps a lot when you need to get your car fixed or it will be a while due to a wreck. They gave me the car I needed at a great price.

Miles Strother
September 30th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We've only used enterprise once, and we didn't have the best experience. The car we were using broke down in the middle of Kansas, and the customer service rep we called had some trouble locating us, but they redeemed themselves by getting a new car out to us and everything turned out fine. Overall, not too impressed, but they got us where we need to go, so I guess they're good enough.

Helen Macfarlane
September 18th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have had to rent cars twice this year because of accidents. Enterprise has been amazing to work with! The reps in the office were extremely helpful and picking up and dropping off the cars was super easy. Both cars were in beautiful condition. Very happy with our service!!

Madison Scott
September 16th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Nothing but positive experiences with Enterprise. The cars we have rented have always been clean and well kept and customer service has been awesome.

Kiwi66
September 9th, 2019 DETAILS

Recently rented a car from Poitiers, France. Returned it undamaged before opening hours (as arranged) only to receive an email ten hours later when we were back in the UK saying that the car was damaged. They've taken 1000 euros from our credit card but keep failing to send photos of the damage and a repair invoice. We've emailed them 4x, phoned twice (where they've promised to send photos immediately), but nothing. It's a scam. Our fault for not videoing or photographing the car when we returned it, I guess. But steer clear of Enterprise.

Ron Durfey
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Enterprise is a great organization. They have clean cars and great service. I often tried to rent from Enterprise in my travels.

kristin Gneiting
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I used Enterprise when the auto repair shop recommended it and I wasn't disappointed. They picked me up, as their slogan says and that was better than I thought it would be. I was put on a better car than I expected and the price was good and they made it easy to keep the car longer if I needed to. Then they gave me a ride back to the auto shop after I turned my car back in. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy.

Darrin Henry
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

The best car rental service and company. I never have any trouble with Enterprise and its always fast and easy.

Randy Scoville
September 6th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I am a basketball coach, and travel often. I have never had better rental experience than I have with Enterprise. They just make the pick up and drop off easy. Price is higher than average, but worth the ease of renting.

Krystal Taylor
August 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Excellent service! Very user-friendly website. My friends and I needed to rent a car very last minute, and they were very willing to help us out and they were very accommodating to our situation. One of the things that impressed me to was how straightforward and upfront they were, they told us everything we needed to know in advance, there were absolutely no hidden costs. The vehicle we rented was new, clean, comfortable and gave us no problems on our journey.

Sage Robertson
July 22nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

We have used Enterprise on multiple occasions. We usually have extremely good experiences with them, but the last time we got a vehicle it smelled heavily of cigarettes. The man at the desk didn't seem to care about our complaint. We even asked for a replacement vehicle, but was denied. I had a new baby at the time, and was extremely upset at the fact they weren't willing to help us.

Haley Baldwin
July 10th, 2019 DETAILS

My family and I have used enterprise on a couple occasions. We have always been very pleased with our car and the service we receive. Staff is very friendly and pricing isn’t terrible.

Paige Baldwin
July 8th, 2019 Wellsville, UT

My family and I used enterprise when we traveled to Hawaii this past year. They were so great to work with and we loved the car we had. I would definitely recommend them.

C B
July 5th, 2019 Hyrum, UT DETAILS

Enterprise has been a good value for the rental. Used them multiple times in different locations.

Rosann Stanko
June 27th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

We rented from Enterprise when we were on a trip to Florida and we were pleased with the cleanliness of the car and the ease of the rental.

Shanae Boully
June 24th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

I have rented a car from Enterprise before and haven’t had any problems. Everything turned out fine and I enjoyed my trip while using my rental car.

Olivia LeBaron
June 24th, 2019 Delta, UT DETAILS

Enterprise has good customer service, clean cars and a good price. It’s made a pleasant vacation. One time my daughter messed up the rental when we went on a trip and they sorted everything out quite nicely.

Isaac
June 10th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Whenever we go on vacation or I go somewhere for business, I always try to rent my cars through enterprise. I’ve always gotten the car I wanted and they have been clean and they people and website are all easy to work with. So it’s easy to rent a car now and doesn’t take forever.

Marissa
June 10th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN

Enterprise is a decent car rental. Though in my experience they are a little pricey and definitely not the cheapest. Plus they have car drop fees that are ridiculous. I Usually don't book with them if I can avoid it.

Kimberly LeBaron
June 6th, 2019 Delta, UT DETAILS

Eterprise is a good place to rent cars from because there are branches in so many locations. I rented a car on a trip to Novia Scotia, and had a good experience. The car was nice and clean, the price was good, and everything was pretty straightforward with fees and regulations. My one complaint is that their app can be hard to use.

Nicole LeBaron
June 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

We used Enterprise when we went to Hawaii. I really liked the car for getting around the island. Great company and very reliable the car.

Elisa Vakapuna
May 21st, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Enterprise is great! From their vehicles to their prices are amazing! We love the company!

Reese
May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used Enterprise many times for car rentals. I love that they pick you up and drop you off. I have used them while my car was being repaired from an accident and they set me up with what I needed at a price that was reasonable. Good quality cars that are a step above other car rental places.

Christy Suguturaga
February 13th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I love renting cars from enterprise. Always new and clean. I’m never scared to make a long trip. I’ve rented tons of cars and have never had a bad experience.

Tiffany
December 14th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

Great price one of the cars they gave me had an issue they fixed it right away and had me on my way.

Darius Williams
December 12th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

Really great customer service, have had no issues using Enterprise service.

Starski Cene
December 11th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

My go-to for car rentals! Pros: - Multiple locations which make dropoffs and pick ups really convenient - Great weekend rates and they usually have coupons for discounted weekday rates - Customer service has always been excellent, friendly staff, timely and not deceptive with the added insurance - After hours drop off boxes makes dropoffs really easy - Huge selection of vehicles Cons: Weekend hours are limited

Amanda Purpura
December 6th, 2018 Gibsonia, PA DETAILS

Their customer service is incredible and they make the logistics of getting a rental car extremely easy. I use them exclusively for any of my car rental needs.

Linda Quach
December 6th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

We use them everytime we travel, great prices, with benefits and they treat us great.

Fernando Delgado
December 5th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

Very easy to book your car online and have it ready for pick up and for an affordable price. The cars we have rented have been clean and well maintained.

Nishita
December 5th, 2018 McLean, VA DETAILS

I've had a good experience with Enterprise overall. Rented the car to drive from Buffalo International airport to Northern Virginia. I was not too comfortable driving an SUV the representative said: "I have a daughter, and if it were her, I'd ask her to sit in it, get a feel and even then you want a sedan I'll give you that". I fell in love with SUVs, I'm not very tall so I enjoyed it a bit too much. Drove for 14 hours in it and loved it. The billing experience, car availability, and service were good.

Katie Kearney
November 30th, 2018 Vienna, VA DETAILS

I have needed to use Enterprise a few times for rentals and they have always been great. I always enjoyed the cars I rented and they were great about informing me on everything I needed to know. Very smooth process.

David Chao
November 27th, 2018 El Dorado Hills, CA DETAILS

This review is specific to my horrible experience at Enterprise Rent a Car at the SJD Los Cabos International Airport location. For reference, I have rented cars in Cabo, Mexico for over 5 years. Each experience had it's challenges, some better than others but this one was by far the worst. I think there's a common perception that you are getting swindled when you rent a car in Cabo and these guys truly make that perception a reality. Very disappointed in my experience with Enterprise at the Cabo Airport. I booked a minivan for my family but was given a much smaller Jeep. It was like an episode of Seinfeld where they knew how to take my reservation but they didn't know how to keep the reservation. I spend almost a hour telling them I didn't want a small discount on the Jeep, I just wanted the more expensive minivan that I had reserved. I was willing to pay more for the minivan as I wanted the extra space, hence, why I made the minivan reservation in the first place. They finally told me to take the Jeep to the hotel and they would drop a minivan off at the hotel the next day. Needless to say, that never happened. They just said that to get me on my way. I should also mention that the mandatory insurance that I accepted was listed as "Upsell" when I asked to review the numbers on their computer screen. Upon returning the car, they ended up giving me a small discount. It wasn't anything to repair the terrible experience. My fault for not taking a closer look at the final bill as I was focused on getting to the airport and getting my family through security but they actually charged me a late fee though I was not late! I confirmed times on the rental agreement and the drop off time was not late. The small discount they gave me was recaptured by the staff by charging me a late fee! As my family and I were waiting for the airport shuttle, I could overhear multiple families complaining and dropping "F-bombs" and saying "I don't trust these guys at all!" I'm a big believer in online reviews and the power of the collective people. Over 99% of my online reviews are very positive (4-5 stars). This is my first 1-star review and I must say that Enterprise at the Cabo Airport earned it.

Kathie Bowman
November 16th, 2018 Lakeside, CA DETAILS

i used enterprise for a rental car when my car was in the shop. they were so friendly and easy to work with.

Amber C Frey
November 16th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Of all the car rental services I've used I'd say I was happiest with Enterprise. Super easy process of renting, the car was in great condition, and no extra or hidden fees. Got my deposit back pretty quickly after returning the car as well.

Marybunny
November 2nd, 2018 DETAILS

Very friendly employees. Nice selection of vehicles to choose from. Super easy returns.