Enterprise Logo

Enterprise

9.9

Enterprise Rent-A-Car was founded in 1957. It is a household name when it comes to rental cars. According to Forbes, they are one of the largest privately held companies in the world. According to Business Weekly magazine, Enterprise has been voted as one of the top places to start a career. A lot of young professionals get their start at one of the Enterprise locations throughout the country. By 2005, JD Power and Associates had recognized Enterprise seven times for its outstanding customer service, indicating that Enterprise really rolls out the red carpet for customers. Enterprise has a car sharing business that lets customers use a car for a short period of time during a day. This differs from its car rental services, as car sharing customers pay an hourly fee to use a car.

The Good

• High Availability
  • Average Industry Prices
  • On-Site Fuel Discount

Economy Price Range

Economy rentals with Enterprise prices range from medium to high depending on the rental location. The prices are competitive when compared with the average rental car company. Enterprise also offers cheap, very inexpensive one-time deals that can help customers save money.

Luxury Price Range

Enterprise's luxury rentals range from medium to high depending on the rental location. These prices are in the normal range for many rental car companies who offer luxury vehicles. Some major car rental companies are more expensive in price, making Enterprise luxury rentals more affordable than a good portion of their competitors.

States Available

Enterprise can be found in all 50 states. They have one of the highest number of locations in the industry, with more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population.

Airports Locations

With rental counters at most major airports throughout North America, Enterprise is available in most major airports in the U.S. and Canada. With so many locations, it makes it very convenient for customers to plan trips and use Enterprise's services. One unique service Enterprise offers that customers won't find everywhere else is their complimentary pickup/drop-off service for renters who want to leave their car at home, or don't have a way to get to the rental agency. This is especially convenient for customers who are renting at airports.

On-Site Fuel Discount

Enterprise offers customers an on-site fuel discount. Customers can choose to prepay for their fuel, which is calculated by the local price per gallon, minus Enterprise's discount. This is unique, because most rental companies do not offer on-site fuel discounts.

The Bad

• No Instant Return
  • No Online Check-In
  • Limited Roadside Assistance

Instant Return

According to their policies, Enterprise does not offer any instant return services. Customers have to return their car or vehicle in person. This may mean waiting in line to return your car. Some major competitors of the same size offer instant return for general customers and others offer instant return through their membership rewards program. Enterprise, being the largest rental car company to date, would do well to offer this option to remain competitive.

Online Check-In

Enterprise does not offer an online check-in option. However, at an airport, customers have the option of returning their car after business hours. If a customer has to return their car before or after business hours, each location has a set of procedures for dealing with after hour returns.

Roadside Assistance

Enterprise offers renters roadside assistance protection that covers flat tire, jump start, lockout service, fuel delivery, and key replacement. The downside is that Enterprise offers roadside assistance protection only at select locations.

The Bottom Line

The Enterprise brand name alone makes it worthy of consideration, but their pickup/drop-off service for economy renters takes it above and beyond the competition. Their rental rates are average in the industry. Enterprise's availability and on-site fuel discount help to make using Enterprise more competitive. Customers are recommended to check Enterprise's website for any current deals that may be running, since they offer cheaper one-time-only rates. Overall, Enterprise is a viable rental option.

wilma lyding Columbia, TN

Always receive super service and personnel treatment.

Kurt Lucas Olney, MD

I took a recent trip and needed four wheel drive or all wheel drive. Enterprise had a great selection of vehicles to fit my needs. Rates are very reasonable.

Jwat1213 Mount Airy, MD

Ok company. Usually very packed and takes awhile to get a car. They don’t always have the best selection

Nell Damascus, MD

Appreciate being able to rent a car from enterprise they feel like the most reputable rental agency

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

I love using Enterprise. Needed a large SUV for a volleyball tournament and they put us in a brand new Highlander. It was so quick getting the car and they offered convenient drop off after hours.

Steven Klaproth Phoenix, AZ

As a platinum member I love the ease of renting cars from Enterprise. The selection of cars is amazing with great customer service.

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

There is nothing I hate more than car rental places. The process is worse then going to the DMV. Why!? It’s a rental car. All information should be filled out over the computer while booking a rental so when your there to pick up your car it’s all ready to go instead of waiting in line for hours and then go long through an hour process when it’s finally your turn. The Company needs to work on their customer service skills and upgrade their website to have all information entered in when first attempting to rent from them. The Company has poor service and very rude employees. I don’t not like dealing with this company through the web, nor in person.

Stephanie Byrd Miami, FL

Enterprise! Wow! This is my absolute favorite rental car service. Customer service and vehicle reliability are extremly important when reserving a vehicle. Enterprise has top tier service in these areas. I really appreciate the vehicles being affordable and in the best condition for either a short or the lengthiest rental time.

The Voice Over Closet Anaheim, CA

Super easy to rent from here, they worked with my insurance and I had a car in about 2 minutes! The car was brand new, it only had a few hundred miles on it!

Cynthia DeGrey ,

Recently had rental car after my car involved in an accident. Very accommodating and flexible with my schedule

Amanda Fairbanks Payson, UT

My daughter got in an accident and enterprise provided a rental car. They were so helpful in a stressful situation and put as at ease!

Tammy West Valley City, UT

Enterprise is easy to work with. Rented a car from them after an accident while my car was in the shop. They were friendly and had a car ready to go.

Destini Ferguson Tallahassee, FL

During the start of the pandemic they allowed younger drivers like myself to rent. This was very considerate. I hated that I couldn’t use a debit card.

Sarah Marfo Tallahassee, FL

This site is amazing for getting the vehicle needed for any vacation spot in mind. There are so many car options.

Ivy King Norcross, GA

I really have had a great experience with Enterprise! Customer service is always good

Aleena Hafiz ,

Good customer service and they make things easy. Have a great range of cars and are flexible with their policies.

Joannetta Jarman Secaucus, NJ

We use these guys all the time for rentals, at home and on our vacation travels. They have great rates that are steady and don't spike.

Kent Fuge Phoenix, AZ

The best part about Enterprise is their employees. They always seem to be looking for ways to go the extra mile. I have actually become friends with a couple of them outside of our business relationship because they were such genuinely amazing people. I also have bought 5 cars from them over the past couple of decades. I pretty much only buy my cars from them because they take such good care of their cars and have such fair prices when they sell them.

Liza Wilson ,

We have had nothing but good experiences with Enterprise! My parents have always bought used cars from them because they are in such great condition. They have great customer service and provide a quality product.

Ashley Johnson Las Vegas, NV

Easy to follow online booking. Good variety of cars to choose from. Not always the most affordable, but offer good deals from time to time.

Van M. Orem, UT

They always pick me up if I need, they have great cars, and they are easy to work with if I need to change plans.

Karli American Fork, UT

We recently used enterprise to get a rental car while ours was in the shop. We scheduled it same day and it was easy to find a car available near us. The car was very clean and drove great!

Joe Bateman Port Coquitlam, BC

Enterprise is my go-to car rental. It is close by and they pick you up. What could be better. The local weekend deals are th best.

Trent Ewing Round Lake, IL

Over used Enterprise multiple times for different reasons. For vacation rentals they have been great! I was recently rear ended and needed a full size truck. Although they were prompt in getting me a vehicle, it wasn’t what I needed for work and they didn’t have anything available for me to use.

Amy McCarlie Orem, UT

We purchase vehicle from from them . They always show up clean and in good condition.

Mark Troxel Provo, UT

Enterprise is my go to car rental company. They are almost alway to top company in my area when it comes to rental prices. When I need a car for a local rental, that is usually who I use. I have not always found that to be true when I travel. But I always look for where they are on the comparison list.

Freddy V Layton, UT

Whenever I need a car, I always go to enterprise. The service is great l, the cars are nice, and the rates are pretty good!

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

I have used Enterprise many time over the years and I have always been so impressed with their great customer service. They have plenty of locations and availability. Their prices are excellant. One time we rented a car in Oregon and my walker would not fit into it easily with our other luggage. They worked very patiently with us while we found a vehicle that would work for us.

Valerie Beus Richland, WA

This is the only place I’ve rented a car from and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The staff was helpful and the car we rented was a good one.

Jen Burt Herriman, UT

I have always liked the cars we've rented from Enterprise. I feel like it's a good value for what we pay. The interior condition of the cars I've rented has always been good.

murfday College Station, TX

Pricing is usually competitive. Although I have not utilized it, I appreciate that they can pick you up and drop you off. I like that you earn points with each rental that you can use toward future rentals. I have never had a poor interactions with employees either.

Landon Badoni Montgomery, TX

I rent from Enterprise every once in a while, usually when Budget is out of options, but that's only because I usually can't justify the increased cost. THAT BEING SAID, I've never had a bad experience in terms of customer service. They are usually very efficient and very friendly. I still definitely recommend Enterprise if you're looking for a quality car renting experience.

Jared Provo, UT

Enterprise was very accommodating and professional! They are my go-to when I need a rental car. Obviously booking in advance gives you better rates, but great service overall.

Debbie Farrow ,

When you travel and need to rent a car, you want convenience. This is what I found at the SLC airport. Easy to get to and just steps from the terminal. Staff was professional and got us checked in in. falsh. We were able to walk to the stall ourselves and get on the road in no time.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

Every time I have rented a car with Enterprise the cars are well kept, clean, and the process of getting and returning the car is smooth. The customer service is great too. Sometimes there is a long line but that is probably because they are a good company!

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

Used Enterprise when I was in North Carolina for two weeks. The first time I had ever rented a car. The company was very helpful going over every detail of the price of the car and the other associated fees. They. walked me through what to do in case of any problems with the car not working. Also they explained the check in progress and what I was responsible for. I used the car for two weeks without incident. I drove it back after driving it 10 miles from the last fill up. They still gave me credit for a full tank

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

I have rented from Enterprise several times and always had a positive experience. They are fair and don't have hidden charges.

Mike Salt Lake City, UT

I've loved renting from Enterprise. Staff has always been extremely helpful. I rented for many years months at a time and never have had an issues with them. I got had an accident overseas with my rental. And the staff in London were tough to deal with but when I got home Enterprise U.S. stepped in and solved it. They were extremely helpful when they probably didn't need to be.

Samoya Calvin Tallahassee, FL

Wonderful car rental service. I am a college student and when I returned my rental the company drove me to pick up my car from the shop. So I really appreciated that! They think about their customers. Shuttle services amazing addition.

Emily Grossman Corpus Christi, TX

Rented a car to go on vacation. It went pretty smoothly. The car was clean and ran well. It was an easy process from pick up to return.

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

I tried out and looked enterprise, but ultimately did not use it. It is good, but it was just not user friendly enough for me.

bryan bishop Logan, UT

When we lost our family car to an accident, Enterprise gave us an upgrade to a larger suv that we needed to fit our family. We had that suv for about 3 weeks while we replaced the family car. Great service.

Beccajo 1976 Salt Lake City, UT

It was quick and easy for pick up and drop off. Spouses are able to drive the vehicle without having to be there to show their ID

Chelsey Smith ,

Fast, affordable, clean ready to go! Customer service is so important to me. Enterprise employees have taken care of me and my family.

Davis Johnson Pocatello, ID

Rented a car from enterprise at the Long Beach CA airport. They were awesome and got into the perfect vehicle for the trip.

Ashlee Bair Los Angeles, CA

Looking for a great car rental company! Enterprise is quick and easy to get you a rental car quickly!

Shyanne Ovard Eagle Mountain, UT

They were very helpful when I wrecked my car and were able to get me a car quick and one that was clean and met my needs.

Bchell Midvale, UT

Always easy to use and friendly employees. Great and competitive prices. You do sometimes have to be specific if you need a large vehicle. But great company! Cars are always clean and well taken care of.

Julie Earl Magna, UT

We recently traveled and needed a rental car. When we went to pick up the car, the check in process was easy. The best part was the car was super clean. We could tell that Enterprise had taken extra care to make sure the vehicle was thoroughly cleaned and ready for us.

Victoria Fayetteville, AR

Last year, I had a ton of problems with my car and it ended up having to go to the shop for weeks. My car dealership did not have a renter car, so they recommended I rent a car from Enterprise. Enterprise was so easy to work with and gave me a car that would fit my needs. When I received my rental car, the process was extremely easy and the car was so clean and nice. I 100% recommend renting a car from here!