Best Company Guarantee Enterprise Logo

Enterprise

7.4

LAST UPDATED: January 19th, 2022

Enterprise Rent-A-Car was founded in 1957. It is a household name when it comes to rental cars. According to Forbes, they are one of the largest privately held companies in the world. According to Business Weekly magazine, Enterprise has been voted as one of the top places to start a career. A lot of young professionals get their start at one of the Enterprise locations throughout the country. By 2005, JD Power and Associates had recognized Enterprise seven times for its outstanding customer service, indicating that Enterprise really rolls out the red carpet for customers. Enterprise has a car sharing business that lets customers use a car for a short period of time during a day. This differs from its car rental services, as car sharing customers pay an hourly fee to use a car.

The Good

• High Availability
  • Average Industry Prices
  • On-Site Fuel Discount

Economy Price Range

Economy rentals with Enterprise prices range from medium to high depending on the rental location. The prices are competitive when compared with the average rental car company. Enterprise also offers cheap, very inexpensive one-time deals that can help customers save money.

Luxury Price Range

Enterprise's luxury rentals range from medium to high depending on the rental location. These prices are in the normal range for many rental car companies who offer luxury vehicles. Some major car rental companies are more expensive in price, making Enterprise luxury rentals more affordable than a good portion of their competitors.

States Available

Enterprise can be found in all 50 states. They have one of the highest number of locations in the industry, with more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population.

Airports Locations

With rental counters at most major airports throughout North America, Enterprise is available in most major airports in the U.S. and Canada. With so many locations, it makes it very convenient for customers to plan trips and use Enterprise's services. One unique service Enterprise offers that customers won't find everywhere else is their complimentary pickup/drop-off service for renters who want to leave their car at home, or don't have a way to get to the rental agency. This is especially convenient for customers who are renting at airports.

On-Site Fuel Discount

Enterprise offers customers an on-site fuel discount. Customers can choose to prepay for their fuel, which is calculated by the local price per gallon, minus Enterprise's discount. This is unique, because most rental companies do not offer on-site fuel discounts.

The Bad

• No Instant Return
  • No Online Check-In
  • Limited Roadside Assistance

Instant Return

According to their policies, Enterprise does not offer any instant return services. Customers have to return their car or vehicle in person. This may mean waiting in line to return your car. Some major competitors of the same size offer instant return for general customers and others offer instant return through their membership rewards program. Enterprise, being the largest rental car company to date, would do well to offer this option to remain competitive.

Online Check-In

Enterprise does not offer an online check-in option. However, at an airport, customers have the option of returning their car after business hours. If a customer has to return their car before or after business hours, each location has a set of procedures for dealing with after hour returns.

Roadside Assistance

Enterprise offers renters roadside assistance protection that covers flat tire, jump start, lockout service, fuel delivery, and key replacement. The downside is that Enterprise offers roadside assistance protection only at select locations.

The Bottom Line

The Enterprise brand name alone makes it worthy of consideration, but their pickup/drop-off service for economy renters takes it above and beyond the competition. Their rental rates are average in the industry. Enterprise's availability and on-site fuel discount help to make using Enterprise more competitive. Customers are recommended to check Enterprise's website for any current deals that may be running, since they offer cheaper one-time-only rates. Overall, Enterprise is a viable rental option.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Brian Cowley Riverton, UT

Have had the best-conditioned cars amongst all the companies in my experience. Never had an issue with booking or with my reservations. Used for business mostly as they are on the more expensive side. Have used other companies for personal bookings when the price was more of an issue for me. I like them and will always use them for business and occasionally for personal if they are close on price. Always the first site I go to when I need a rental car.

23 hours ago

Saylor D Herriman, UT

Enterprise has great customer service and a really convenient location. It is always a pleasure to work with them for our frequent trips. There's a new location in South Jordan that is close to my house and very easy to get to.

Frank Herbert

Enterprise is our preferred rental car company. Their prices are competitive. The cars are always very well maintained. Unlike another major company that operates only via computers at the kiosk with Enterprise we always have direct contact with an agent. I have read horror stories about other companies with hidden charges but with Enterprise everything is up front and well documented. Their staff of college graduates is always pleasant and helpful and very accommodating when we have needed to make changes to our rental schedule.

Joseph Zajac Hazleton, PA

I've used Enterprise for car rental purposes on dozens of occasions. They always offer a nice vehicle and have a special deal where you get a big discount for a rental that spans from Thursday into Monday. This is been extremely helpful when I've traveled for weekend visits to see family and other states. I also find them to be a very good source of car purchasing and I've purchased three vehicles through the Enterprise car sales department. Their prices are below Kelly Blue Book average and you know you're getting a car that likely came off of a fleet lease and was serviced appropriately during its rental time. In addition the cars are only a few years old. It seems to me that Enterprise tries to make its money more on the car rental side and sort of liquidate the car is a very good prices for sale to people who are looking for a late model nicely equipped vehicle at a fair price. Enterprise is my go-to when it comes to car rental and has also been that for purchasing.

upnorthwi Bellevue, WA

I had a vehicle that spent more time with the dealer than with me, so I used Enterprise a lot. They are top notch company, employees are always great, knowledge and nice. The cars are very well maintained and have often been upgraded when they didn't have one in my price range, or it was a bit too small. I've used Enterprise many times over the years, very happy.

Michigander101 Macomb, MI

Enterprise worked out great when I needed a rental car during a major auto repair. I was able to walk across the street from my repair shop to rent the same day. In and out service. Friendly and efficient representatives.

Jmarsh Macomb, MI

I needed a rental car following an automobile collisions and thankfully Enterprise was nearby. I was able to walk to their location and get same day service at a reasonable rate. Customer service was great for the reservation, check out and return!

Stephen Thompson

Have used Enterprise while traveling for over 10 years. The staff is always amazing and ready to assist in any way possible. I traveled to several locations in Texas 2x month from IL and found the service to be great in Austin, DFW, and Houston.

Gavin Jones Columbus, OH

I have used enterprise forbisiness an awful lot and the service is almost always spot on. In a couple of minor cases where the rental was unsatisfactory, they have rapidly sorted it out and gotten me with a replacement car very quickly. Definitely the preferred car rental company for myself.

Mandy Pesce Laurelton, NJ

We have used Enterprise for rental cars on every vacation that we have gone on. They are very convenient as they are typically right on the property of the airport, so we can just pick up our car and go right from there once we arrive. It's very easy to make a reservation beforehand as well on their website.

Jacks Friend Riverton, UT

Enterprise had great customer service in Branson, Missouri! The first car I received had a smell and they quickly worked to find us a new car.

1 day ago

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

When it comes to renting cars, Enterprise is the best. I have rented over ten cars from them, and by far their best feature is their staff. I am never disappointed by the attitudes of their employees. Additionally, they have hundreds of different cards to choose from and will even send you the car you're looking for if it's not in store. I will continue to use Enterprise for their amazing staff and options.

Kaylee Gay Columbia, MO

I love how you can scroll through the online inventory of rental cars and pick what kind of car you want and where to pick up the car and drop it off. I have always had great quality cars with Enterprise and they always have staff working the late hours. My family always uses Enterprise to rent their vehicles.

Nashali Vescovacci Fort White, FL

I love this company because it had great customer service and clean rental cars. Enterprise is a company that I have trusted for many years and have had great experiences with the cars I've rented from them. This company makes the process very simple too!

Jaid Clark Yuba City, CA

Great cars, always super clean. They make picking up and dropping off super easy

Pati Richardson Edmond, OK

I have rented cars from Enterprise many times. They have always been on-site, clean and we'll maintained with no issues.

KG Lebanon, NJ

I would not use enterprise again. Rented a car in Florida and drove the car less then a mile only to find out that the car was making a horrible knocking sound and the steering was out of balance. It was also dirty so it clearly wasn’t cleaned. We brought the car back immediately and the girl who rented the car to us initially treated us as if we did the damage and gave me an attitude. I spoke to a manager about her attitude and their over priced unchecked cars between rentals and was eventually given a new car since it was not our fault.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Enterprise is great for renting cars. I have always had good deals with them and if the car I am looking for becomes unavailable, they help me find another one that works for cheaper.

Brianna Sutherland Tallahassee, FL

My family and I always use Enterprise whenever we need a rental car and each time we are never let down. They have great quality rentals and the workers are always so nice and welcoming.

Aiyana Brown Tallahassee, FL

We often rent from Enterprise when we go on long distance trips so that we don’t have to take our own car. Overall the company is usually helpful and very good about when we’re renting but sometimes they can be a bit fussy lol

Erik Lewis Minneapolis, MN

Usually a good option, though I find their car inventory has dropped and it is harder to make a reservation at times.

Lisa C Johnson Washington, DC

I have had to rent cars while my car was in the shop. Most of the time I rent from Enterprise. The cars are always clean and in great shape. The cars seem practically new. I have never had any problems with their cars. At the time the prices were reasonable. Now that we are going through the Covid pandemic the price rentals are going through the roof. I wouldnt get a car now. But before Covid, this is the place to go. They take discounts from certain employers. I do like the fact that you can drop the car off at any of their locations. Overall its a reputable company. They do check for dings in the car before you leave. That protects you just as much as them.

Chelsea Pleasant Grove, UT

Got a rental car no problem, got to pick the car I wanted and was an amazing experience no issues at all!

WT

My go-to for car rental. Always a good deal! One draw back is all locations aren’t open on Sundays.

Dara Bottenhagen Chicago, IL

Rented several cars from them. Never had any problems ever. Very polite personnel and able to get a car quickly.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

There customer service is top notch. They're not always the best price but I'd say their the best value. I always use them for work trips if I can.

keiontai henry Tallahassee, FL

While my friend awaited her car to be repaired, enterprise was nothing but helpful to us with providing us a rental car that got us around town with ease!

Rose Chevelon Tallahassee, FL

I love enterprise when it comes to renting a car for a weekend. The workers are so nice and the cars are amazing and always clean. I never have an issue with them.

Ruth Jeanmary Tallahassee, FL

I use Enterprise every time I need a rental for a trip. Never disappoints! Customer service is always there to support you with any questions you may have

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I've used enterprise a couple of times and each time I was pleased with the quality and service provided. I'd definitely recommend Enterprise and will be using their service in the future.

Morgan Tennant Rexburg, ID

I've only had one issue with Enterprise. There was a mix up about which vehicle was supposed to be rented, but the employees were kind and were able to figure out the issue quickly. Great service.

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

Need a car, but can't get to the store? No problem, Enterprise will pick you up. In a recent accident, my insurance arranged a rental at Enterprise. The selection of cars was great, and if they didn't have what you wanted, they called another location and got the car for you. Overall, a great experience with a friendly, courteous, well-staffed store.

Michelle Bray Pleasant Grove, UT

When my car was involved in an accident, my insurance company provided a rental car from Enterprise. The representative picked us up and took us back to the office to do paperwork. The first car they offered us was smaller than our car. I explained that I needed a 4-door and the agent made that happen. The office was clean and air conditioned, we were offered bottles of water, and I was so relieved to have a rental car after being T-boned in an intersection. Enterprise made a bad experience a little better.

Rosita Khalehpari Winnetka, CA

They are always busy, the line is long, but customer service is nice and professional.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Fantastic customer service, located in a plethora of airports, easy to use and manage and prices are comparable to competitors.

Really Villa Rica, GA

On February 9,2020 I was involved in a car accident. Enterprise in Villa Rica on Montgomery Street were amazing ! There are lots of things to do once you have an accident, one part I did not have to worry about is my rental situation while my vehicle was being repaired. Delaney M. her staff were fabulous the entire time my vehicle was being repaired and took great steps to ensure I was satisfied and knew what to expect during the process . I appreciate them and the fact they made a bad situation easier to handle because of their great customer service!

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Enterprise is my first and only choice for rental vehicles. They offer newer cars, easy contracts, and fair prices along with a great rewards programs. They have the best customer support and always follow through with their service. I have never been disappointed even when they had inventory issues. They just worked harder for me to ensure my plans went off unimpeded. Every company should emulate Enterprise.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

Enterprise has always been incredible to work with. I had just spent the weekend in California for my daughters competition. We literally stayed at a hotel that was within a few miles of everywhere we needed/wanted to go. When we returned the car we had driven less than 30 miles and had forgotten to refill the tank. Because of how little we had driven the gas was on them!! So cool!!

Mila Angus Archer Hixson, TN

Enterprise has always treated me, spouse, and now children with honor and respect. They have worked with us when we've left paperwork at home for a debit card use. Upgraded when our car smells of smoke or dirty. When we went over on our mileage, they didn't charge us extra; when tank of gas was at 1/3 when we picked up car, they told us we could bring it back on "E". I have more examples.... I will only use Enterprise, unless there is no other option. Great company! Great customer service!

LA Tejana CM Tulsa, OK

well, i have nothing but great things to say about enterprise....I live in Tulsa Oklahoma and i use the 2223 11th st store. The employees there go out of their way to please you, And i Have never gotten a bad car. The employees there greet me with a warm welcome each time. I used to rent from another a facility and let me tell you, now they were a disappointment. I was always given a car that had just been returned and it wasnt clean. They over charge and arent reasonable. I had the great chance to use enterprise and havent regreated it yet and i dont think i will. "Go Enterprise''

Jennifer Wasilla, AK

They were very easy to deal with and handled everything in a timely manner

Kent Fuge Phoenix, AZ

The best part about Enterprise is their employees. They always seem to be looking for ways to go the extra mile. I have actually become friends with a couple of them outside of our business relationship because they were such genuinely amazing people. I also have bought 5 cars from them over the past couple of decades. I pretty much only buy my cars from them because they take such good care of their cars and have such fair prices when they sell them.

Bessie B Gilbert, AZ

I have used Enterprise many time over the years and I have always been so impressed with their great customer service. They have plenty of locations and availability. Their prices are excellant. One time we rented a car in Oregon and my walker would not fit into it easily with our other luggage. They worked very patiently with us while we found a vehicle that would work for us.

Brad H Gilbert, AZ

Used Enterprise when I was in North Carolina for two weeks. The first time I had ever rented a car. The company was very helpful going over every detail of the price of the car and the other associated fees. They. walked me through what to do in case of any problems with the car not working. Also they explained the check in progress and what I was responsible for. I used the car for two weeks without incident. I drove it back after driving it 10 miles from the last fill up. They still gave me credit for a full tank

Hannah Barth Tallahassee, FL

Enterprise makes car rental super easy. They have great cars and I always know I'm in good hands when traveling.

Jasmine Tallahassee, FL

Every time I needed to get a rental, we would come here & they have the best cars and great employees.

Jesse Hennigan Baytown, TX

I can always count on the customer service from Enterprise. They always go above and beyond to make sure I am satisfied with their service.

Steve Salem, VA

I used Enterprise for a rental vehicle when my car was involved in anaccident. They were very helpful at extending the rental agreement.

Paula Shearer Omaha, NE

I have rented from Enterprise for long distance trips and for in-town vehicles while my car was under repair. I have had excellent service in all cases!

Dshatch Frankfort, IL

We’ve had a generally good experience with enterprise. Can add up, but very competitive pricing. The price quoted is less than the price you’ll end up paying, but that’s typical.