Enterprise Rent-A-Car was founded in 1957. It is a household name when it comes to rental cars. According to Forbes, they are one of the largest privately held companies in the world. According to Business Weekly magazine, Enterprise has been voted as one of the top places to start a career. A lot of young professionals get their start at one of the Enterprise locations throughout the country. By 2005, JD Power and Associates had recognized Enterprise seven times for its outstanding customer service, indicating that Enterprise really rolls out the red carpet for customers. Enterprise has a car sharing business that lets customers use a car for a short period of time during a day. This differs from its car rental services, as car sharing customers pay an hourly fee to use a car.

#2 Hertz chevron_right
3.9
#3 Sixt Rent A Car chevron_right
1.3
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• High availability
  • Average industry prices
  • On-site fuel discount

Economy Price Range

Economy rentals with Enterprise prices range from medium to high depending on the rental location. The prices are competitive when compared with the average rental car company. Enterprise also offers cheap, very inexpensive one-time deals that can help customers save money.

Luxury Price Range

Enterprise's luxury rentals range from medium to high depending on the rental location. These prices are in the normal range for many rental car companies who offer luxury vehicles. Some major car rental companies are more expensive in price, making Enterprise luxury rentals more affordable than a good portion of their competitors.

States Available

Enterprise can be found in all 50 states. They have one of the highest number of locations in the industry, with more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population.

Airports Locations

With rental counters at most major airports throughout North America, Enterprise is available in most major airports in the U.S. and Canada. With so many locations, it makes it very convenient for customers to plan trips and use Enterprise's services.

One unique service Enterprise offers that customers won't find everywhere else is their complimentary pickup/drop-off service for renters who want to leave their car at home, or don't have a way to get to the rental agency. This is especially convenient for customers who are renting at airports.

On-Site Fuel Discount

Enterprise offers customers an on-site fuel discount. Customers can choose to prepay for their fuel, which is calculated by the local price per gallon, minus Enterprise's discount. This is unique, because most rental companies do not offer on-site fuel discounts.

The Bad

• No instant return
  • No online check-in
  • Limited roadside assistance

Instant Return

According to their policies, Enterprise does not offer any instant return services. Customers have to return their car or vehicle in person. This may mean waiting in line to return your car. Some major competitors of the same size offer instant return for general customers and others offer instant return through their membership rewards program. Enterprise, being the largest rental car company to date, would do well to offer this option to remain competitive.

Online Check-In

Enterprise does not offer an online check-in option. However, at an airport, customers have the option of returning their car after business hours. If a customer has to return their car before or after business hours, each location has a set of procedures for dealing with after hour returns.

Roadside Assistance

Enterprise offers renters roadside assistance protection that covers flat tire, jump start, lockout service, fuel delivery, and key replacement. The downside is that Enterprise offers roadside assistance protection only at select locations.

The Bottom Line

Enterprise's brand name alone makes it worthy of consideration, but their pickup/drop-off service for economy renters takes it above and beyond the competition. Their rental rates are average in the industry. Enterprise's availability and on-site fuel discount help to make using Enterprise more competitive. Customers are recommended to check Enterprise's website for any current deals that may be running, since they offer cheaper one-time-only rates. Overall, Enterprise is a viable rental option.

Ian F.

June 19th, 2020 Hattiesburg, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

With an appointment, I arrived and was able to check out with a nice, new vehicle within 15 minutes. They were very helpful!

Bret Norton

April 6th, 2020 Thatcher, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Experience was exactly what I had hoped for and expected. Car was waiting for us and customer service was professional and friendly.

Steve Jones

March 30th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise beats the competitor every time because of their great customer service. Their CS reps are friendly and professional and always making sure we are completely satisfied. Their rental vehicles are average...just what you'd expect from a rental car agency, but I'm okay with that!

Really

March 19th, 2020 Villa Rica, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On February 9,2020 I was involved in a car accident. Enterprise in Villa Rica on Montgomery Street were amazing ! There are lots of things to do once you have an accident, one part I did not have to worry about is my rental situation while my vehicle was being repaired. Delaney M. her staff were fabulous the entire time my vehicle was being repaired and took great steps to ensure I was satisfied and knew what to expect during the process . I appreciate them and the fact they made a bad situation easier to handle because of their great customer service!

Mary Perry

March 10th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had excellect experience with this company on car rentals. The Customer Service is awesome. You can't ask for better employees.

Seth Boudoin

March 10th, 2020 ,

Cars are excellent quality and always clean. It’s as if I’m driving a brand new car for a really good price.

Logan Hudson

March 10th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise is hands down the best rental service I have used. The prices are great. The cars are always clean. And the customer service is very helpful. Highly recommended

Hunter Brister

March 10th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise has reliable cars for low prices. Anytime that I go on vacation, I try to use Enterprise before any other.

Erin Glendening

March 10th, 2020 Livingston, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is very easy to use enterprise rental cars. The lady at the front desk was very helpful. And our car is very clean and smelt great.

Karen Torino

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise has always rented me the best cars for the best price. It has happened where they suddenly cannot provide me with the car they said they would and they provide me with another. Instead of a compact car I got a mustang, and while that may seem like an upgrade, I needed the compact car for the trip. This was not a big deal however so all is good.

DeeDee G.

March 10th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was able to rent a car for a long distance trippy family went on. Car worked great and got us safely from Disney world to back home.

Benjamin LeBlanc

March 9th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise is one of the most trusted and well-known car rental services out there. They are a reliable as ever and provide great customer service is whenever you are in need.

Morgan Elijah

March 9th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

inexpensive, allow renters under 24/25 and very easy to work with. Always make sure you get the insurance it is important you never know what may happen.

Myken

March 9th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve used Enterprise on multiple occasions. Service was affordable, convenient and employees were friendly and very helpful.

Brayden Ibert

March 9th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Renting a car from Enterprise was easier than any other place for me. The employees made my experience smooth from start to finish. The car was clean and I had no problems with it.

Taylor Posey

March 8th, 2020 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I will never use another company for rental car needs. Enterprise is always so kind and accommodating!

Nicole Jones

March 6th, 2020 Sandy, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My family uses Enterprise often and always has a great experience! I'm continually impressed with the service we're given. Our sales reps always go above and beyond to make sure our family has everything we need before we hit the road!

Randi Nelson

March 6th, 2020 San José, SJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like Enterprise, and I’ve had great experiences with Enterprise with service and product, I just feel like they oversell when I come to pick up the car.

J Connelly

March 5th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used enterprise a few times with no problems. They have been friendly and helpful.

Dwhoush

March 5th, 2020 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their customer service is always top notch. Their vehicle are always clean as well. I’ve had a few issues with them about not having a car I wanted to I had to settle for less.

Sandi Burkinshaw

February 28th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great rental car agency. Recently had a car crash. Enterprise picked me up from the repair center and took me to the Enterprise store to pick up my rental care.

mccandless24

February 28th, 2020 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rented from Enterprise and when I was returning the vehicle, I had just mentioned that I had thought we reserved a larger SUV than what we got. I was not unhappy with what we got, we still had a great trip, I had just expected something different at the beginning. The agent listened and even though it was absolutely not necessary because we were pleased with the vehicle, he gave us a small discount on our next rental. Was very surprised and impressed.

Kilee Wagner

February 27th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used Enterprise while we traveled and drove through Canada and it was affordable and had great customer service.

take7

February 26th, 2020 Sandy, UT

Drive up and pick your own car! We love it and it's everywhere we go. Their rewards system builds quickly and the cars are clean. Drop off and go. Great service.

Zabsanti

February 26th, 2020 Silverhill, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise has been a good service to go to the last few times I went. Since I travel a lot I often have to use rental cars and enterprise is one of the number places I would go to first

stevey shumway

February 26th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently had to rent a car due to an accident. Enterprise was very easy to work with regarding insurance and everything else. The process of getting my rental dropping it off was smooth and not stressful at all. Their customer service was phenomenal! I would highly recommend using them.

Michelle Rios

February 26th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have used Enterprise several times in the past couple of years. We love that we can look online and decide what type of truck or van we want to rent and that they will pick us up from home and drop us off when we return the vehicle. They offer a great military discount to help us save on costs. And we have even fallen for the upgraded vehicle after the kids fell in love with the big Expedition!

David T

February 25th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise is the gold standrd of car rentals. They always have a good selection of cars and come through as promised.

Stacey

February 25th, 2020 Price, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have rented a car once with enterprise and I had a good experience with them. Good costumer service and the run the ca ran well.

Fife32

February 25th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had incredible experiences with Enterprise car rental services. They really take care of you and have quality service.

Melanie Johnston

February 25th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have a great range of vehicles. The hours are convenient for both pick up and drop off.

Julie Taylor

February 25th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We were able to get the care we needed in a timely manner. The rental process was quick and the associates helpful and quick. The car was clean.

JR Suguturaga

February 25th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Each time that I have rented a car through enterprise it was always a smooth and enjoyable experience. I would usually get an upgrade as well with no extra cost.

Preston Vaughan

February 25th, 2020 Moselle, MS

Great selection of rental cars. Would recommend using when going out of town on any trips

Rebecca

February 25th, 2020 Managua, MN

I love Enterprise car rental. My family used it to get to California and it they had a huge variety of cars. They were all clean and reliable.

Braylyn Linford

February 21st, 2020 Lehi, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Has been a very good company to rent from. They have great customer service and have cleans cars. And have always been very accommodating to our needs.

Ljewkes

February 20th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great vehicles. Great service. Great rates. Enterprise is my go to for car rental service.

Nichole Hiatt

February 20th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I rented a car through Enterprise when my vehicle was getting repaired. The repair took longer, and they were able to extend my rental no problem. Great experience overall.

Stephanie Love

February 20th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love using enterprise for my car rental needs. I’ve used them for years and they always have the best prices. I never had any problems and the people have always been very professional. I will continue using enterprise for my car rental needs.

Valentino Chanel

February 20th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rental was good. Clean. Affordable. Returned with no problems. Would rent from them again if they’re the cheapest price.

Deryl

February 20th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used enterprise to go to California and I highly recommend it. Everything worked efficiently and ran smoothly.

Lknls

February 19th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve always gone through enterprise for rental cars and gotten a good deal and no problems with my rentals.

Kaitlyn Rios

February 19th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise is the best! They have a wide selection from cars to box trucks. They also keep the cars clean and enjoyable. Enterprise is top notch.

Nicholas Genes

February 18th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise has done well to place their locations in convenient spots to accommodate the general public. I usually get nice vehicles but not uncommon for them to be out of stock.

James Conder

February 18th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Enterprise is amazing. I did a lot of out of state traveling for work and was able to use different rental car companies. Enterprise was always amazing, great customer service, great choices of cars and great communication. I would suggest Enterprise to anyone looking to rent a car for anything from out of state visits to needing a car after an accidnet.

Audrey Mitchell

February 18th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Rented a car from them when going to Hawaii. When the car was not ready on time, we got a free upgrade and loved the experience

Kun Hong Bae

February 18th, 2020 Poolesville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good selection of cars and great customer service. Very "explainatory" in their policies.

Justin Riggs

February 14th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Used several times. Had one car with a mechanical issue after we left the store. We were able to hit the next closest store and swap out the vehicle and get going again.

amy rex

February 14th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have great customer service and cars, prices are higher than other companies.

Tyler Barrett

February 12th, 2020 Annapolis, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was a Enterprise Loyalty member for years and always thought their service was great. Until recently. I recently rented a vehicle from the San Deigo Airport office. The attendant did not do a walk around with me or should be reports of damage. When I asked her about the chip in the windshield that was noticeable, she said it was okay because it was within the limits. I foolishly got into the car and drove away. When I returned the car they claimed I did the damage to the windshield and other parts of the car. When I went to file a complaint to refute the accusations they kept passing me off to other people who then passed me off to my original person. It was chaos. Now I am dealing with a month long damage complaint which they will not give me information or my insurance company to cover. I can only describe it as apathetic, convoluted, and terrible. I am now a Hertz Gold member and my life of rentals has been much better. I recommend the switch because Enterprise is terrible.