Ace Rent A Car Logo

5.3

LAST UPDATED: September 16th, 2021
Robert Sorenson founded Ace Rent A Car in 1966. Sorenson initially owned two Indianapolis car washes. There he branched into his first car rental business, Airways Rent A Car, where he rented out cars to meet the needs of the surrounding neighborhoods. Over time, Airways Rent A Car expanded to multiple locations throughout Indiana and the Chicago area. Sorenson ultimately formed the Ace Rent A Car chain after breaking away from Airways and its affiliations. Today, Ace car rental is headquartered in Indianapolis with over 350 affiliated locations worldwide.

Hertz Logo
#2 Hertz chevron_right
4.0
Sixt Rent A Car Logo
#3 Sixt Rent A Car chevron_right
1.3
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Competitive Prices
  • Locations at Major Airports
  • Great Cancellation Policy

Competitive Prices

Ace offers a low, competitive price range in the car rental industry. To rent an economy car, you are relegated to airport locations in some major cities like Miami. Ace does have a few local stores that are not in the airport, such as in New York City, making local renting convenient. Many companies only have airport locations.

Locations at Major Airports

Ace has rental counters at most major airports throughout North America. Since they only have locations in 21 States, their locations are limited to those states. They have counters at major airports such as LAX, LaGuardia, JFK, Miami International, Atlanta, Houston, and Portland.

Great Cancellation Policy

Most Ace reservations have no cancellation penalty at any point before the scheduled arrival time. However, some of their reservations do require advance deposit. In these cases, there may be a charge for late cancellation or no-show. You can cancel your reservation easily on their website. It is recommended that customers check the rules carefully before confirming their reservation.

The Bad

• No Luxury Rentals
  • Only Available in 21 States
  • No Instant Return
  • No On-Site Fuel Discount
  • No Toll Prepay Option
  • Limited Roadside Assistance

No Luxury Rentals

At this time Ace does not offer luxury cars for rent. The closest they get is specialty economy cars like SUVs and vans. If you want to rent a car (like a Mercedes or Lexus) for the day, you cannot do that with Ace. This puts them at a disadvantage because many of their industry competitors offer luxury rentals.

Only Available in 21 States

Ace Rent A Car has locations in 21/50 states. Some of these include U.S. territories like Guam, Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands. This is scarce for a car rental company, many have locations in 45 or more states.

No Instant Return

When you return your rental vehicle, Ace requires that it be done in person. The option of not having to wait in line and leaving the keys in the car is not offered. Having to return your car manually is not uncommon in the economy car industry, but it is an option worth exploring to better serve customer's needs.

No On-Site Fuel Discount

Regarding discounts, Ace has a rewards membership program called Rental Genius. This program lets you earn points similar to a credit card each time you book a reservation. You can put these reward points towards Ace's list of prizes or instant discounts. If you earn 500 points or more, you qualify for an instant discount on every rental offered at Ace's website or mobile app. This discount, however, does not include an on-site fuel discount for your vehicle and it only seems to benefit those who rent cars frequently. If you only rent a car once in a while, Rental Genius is not an advantage for you.

No Toll Prepay Option

Ace allows you to order toll passes through their website to make your commute easier. When booking a reservation online, you can purchase the prepay toll feature before checking out for an additional $10.99 a day. This price is extremely high for toll passes, which other major companies typically charge an average of $4.95 a day. The other disadvantage is that Ace's toll pass is subject to availability at time of rental. This leaves you open to the possibility of checking in at the rental counter only to find out Ace is out of toll passes once you get there. Having a prepay option avoids this by allowing you to reserve your pass ahead of time.

Limited Roadside Assistance

Ace offers a RSP (Roadside Service Plan) for $3.95 per day. This service helps protect you if your car has mechanical issues or if you accidentally lock your keys in the car. If your rental vehicle has mechanical problems, you must contact their rental office using the phone number in your rental agreement. They "work with you to solve the problem." This is pretty vague and can be a huge inconvenience having to wait on them to take action. Also, there are no guarantees what they will do and how much you will be accountable for financially. The major disadvantage is that Ace only offers Roadside Assistance Plans in certain cities. So if you are renting a car in a city that Ace doesn't offer RSPs, you have no coverage if something happens with the vehicle.

The Bottom Line

Ace Rent A Car's daily rates are affordable and overall satisfactory for economy car rentals. Cancellation is free (unless you prepay). The company does not offer luxury rentals. Ace is not available in many states, but has rental counters in many major airports. If you need local rental car service, Ace has options in a few places like New York City. Also, roadside assistance is not available in all locations. If you need a car rental where Ace Rent A Car is available, we recommend using their services.

2.0

Monica Flinn Mount Pleasant, PA

Well this is the perfect place if you want to get scammed! I was traveling to see my grandma and had a reservation though priceline to pick up my car at 2 pm. When I got there they claimed they did not have the car I purchased already through price line. I said ok whatever it was busy I'll wait. Then I was told he could upgrade me, however, I did not want the upgrade as I already paid for a car they didn't have and my grandma could not get into the car they wanted to give me. So I said I'll wait or get something smaller. Was told ohh no we have got a car for you soon. SCAM they want you to upgrade. Then I was scammed out of 75 dollars somehow you have to get charged $75 for a toll plate after I insisted I only go through one toll and it is $3!!! He lied to me saying all Florida's tolls are no longer cash which is a lie. Not my first rodeo. Then I was charged over $500 extra. Not sure how that is possible since I already was charged. Then they give me a piece of crap car that has stains that looked like someone crapped their pants on the ceiling. Didn't notice until out in the light so give told me to return it. Then gave me another car with broken hatch. No one cared about it. At this point why the heck am I paying over 1,000 for a piece of crap car I could have bought on the street for that price. They eventually gave me a refund for the charged they put on without my knowledge, however still waiting for my money from priceline. Apparently you can't call each other, just wait for an email back that proves this happened. Still waiting on my money. DO NOT GO HERE! I would change my review if they ever get back to price line and give me the rest of the money they owe me. Never had this problem booking with priceline for hertz and enterprise.

Justin Gonzalez Las Vegas, NV

Do not rent from this place! They gave us a car with one bald tire that went flat on the expressway. We took the car back and the worker (Brandy) checking us in got extremely rude when I asked for a manager to show them. The manager (Mark) was useless and wouldn't do anything but tell me to fill out a claim form. And he wouldn't write anything down stating the tires condition or have a mechanic look at it. I regret not reading the reviews for this place. Discount prices shouldn't equal unsafe vehicles.

HeatherLue DIY Tulsa, OK

We booked a reservation for Ace rent a car online through Priceline. was supposed to be the best rates in the area $177 for 5 days. When we arrived the employee said he "found our reservation" asked my husband to sign a blank digital screen, not mentioning the price or any new add ons once. Unfortunately we assumed the price would be the same. Then he printed off the receipt with a total of $678. I asked him about the added charges and he waved me away asking for the next customer. Completely aweful experience. We argued with him and customer service online. Received a $200 deposit fee back apon car return (says no where on the receipt that it's a deposit) still paid over $400 for what was supposed to be $177.

S Dravis Denver, CO

DO NOT RENT - FIND ANOTHER COMPANY IMMEDIATELY Car was not cleaned when I rented the vehicle. During COVID you would think they would at least wipe the car down due to the current pandemic. Now I am being charged additional fees for cleaning once returned... Bring your binoculars with to read the fine print because they will charge you miscellaneous fees, cleaning fees in addition to whatever is on your contract. If you have an extra couple hundred dollars to spend on miscellaneous/erroneous charges, by all means this is the right company for you! I wouldn't have even wrote a review, but due to the surprise fees for an already dirty/smelly car and then rude outrageous "customer service", thought you should know before you sign the dotted line. 1. Largest deposit taken from any car company, just under $700. Which is fine for me as I have it, but some people renting might want to go with a better known company which usually only take $150-$200. 2. Can only drive vehicles within the state - good to know if you thought you were taking a trip through the Rockies and onto Moab, etc. 3. Clean the car inside and out before returning, have fun cleaning a car after your vacation! I would also highly suggest wiping out the entire inside of the car once you receive as they do not clean. (Obviously this was an issue for me!) 4. Do not rent from Priceline or a third party, if you are going to rent from them, do so directly. The categories are incorrect on third parties as well as pricing. *FYI - These companies can get this fixed, they won't, because it gets you to pay the highest price for a standard car when you think you are getting something else! 5. When calling them could only get a hold of the Las Vegas location and they were extremely helpful and nice. Denver location - complete opposite.

Clinton Blade Dallas, TX

Why are these people in Busines? I had a rental on Tue, Feb 18, 2020 6:00 from McCarren Airpoet in Las Vegas first I caught the shuttle from the airport with the rest of the rental car places then had to catch another van to some dirty garage looking place 10 miles from McCarren Airport when you get out of the shuttle feels like you being set up to be robbed, I kinda feared for my life.... After standing there in line for 20 minutes one of the represenatives took my licence and amex platnium card my license had been damaged on the bottom right hand corner and she told me it wasnt real.... NOw they didnt even have a UV light or even a drivers license scanner I was at the mercy of a disgruntled bitter female employee, so I ask to speak to the manager who seemed afriad of her so he sided with her, left wondering who was in charge.. Well finally after phoning the OWNER at least they say they did, she still denied me the rental and I also had my passport surely if can get back into the united states with it but she still said that wasnt good enough.... WHAT KIND OF COMPANY IS THIS, its so bad I want to go back to las vegas and CONTEST THIER LICENSE TO RENT AUTOMOBILES!!!! I really feel this was racially motivated, but you get what you pay for.....

Cali Gallows Olathe, KS

I would give this place 0 stars if could. The initial quote I received said the cost for renting a car for 4 days would be a total of $145. Our flight came into MCO around 6pm. My husband and I waited & waited for the Ace shuttle to drive up. There were several other families who were also waiting. After 35min of waiting we called Ace to verify how often they run their shuttles & to get an ETA of when the next shuttle would arrive. The woman said shuttles run every 15-20min & one should be there shortly. After waiting another 10min our shuttle came. It was extremely crowded since so many had been waiting for this specific shuttle. People had to sit on laps or double buckle. After we got to the Ace location we waited in line to speak with the next employee. My husband & I love to travel, & we have rented cars from several different rental companies & never have had any issues. During the pick up process we're told we have to provide our car ins. dec. page listing out all of our coverages. We had our ins. cards but we didn’t have our dec page. I don’t know many people who carry it with them on vacation & have never been asked to provide this at any of the other rental companies. We are fully covered; we have collision, liability, additional expense, etc. Ace forces you to buy their insurance (collision, liability, & loss of use) if you can’t show them your dec page & prove to them you have all of these coverages. We luckily had a document from our agent which listed out our coverages. However the document we had didn’t specifically say “loss of use” so the woman said that we had to buy their ins. in order rent the car. Mind you, it’s past 8pm so I couldn't call my agent since their office is closed. Other families were upset & dealing with the same thing. We didn't want to pay for this ins. but it was late & we needed a car to get our hotel. The woman tried to sell us on several things including a toll pass. She said if we were to accidentally run a toll we would be charged a $50 servicing fee for each toll that was ran along with a bill for the toll amount. We decline & she went to get the car. We see them spraying our car with a hose (no soap.) She gets out of the car & hands us a sheet & says we need to go around the exterior of the car & write down any dings, scratches, marks, etc. we notice. It’s now around 8:45pm & it’s dark out so it’s extremely hard to see every mark on the car. Another couple says to us “write down every mark you see, they bill you for any marks not written down when you return the car.” We inspected the exterior of the car thoroughly & took pics of to ensure they will not bill us for something that was not our fault. The car had some scratches, still had tape on the window from the price tag, & adhesive on the doors. We noted it all & left around 9pm. I emailed our agent that night to send our auto policy. I ended up reading our entire 46 pg. policy that morning & find out loss of use is covered under the additional expense coverage. We called Ace later that morning & asked to speak with a supv. to remove their ins charge. Explained in detail that we picked up the rental car last night and were forced buy their coverage since we could not find that coverage written out word for world on the document we showed their employee. We explained we have our policy to prove we have all the required ins. & offered to email our policy to prove it. The supv. was extremely rude and said “we cannot remove the ins. charge” & hung up. That afternoon we got in the car & saw several stains on the interior of the car that we did not see when we picked up the car since it was late. Several reviews said Ace billed them or took their $250 deposit & charged them a detailing fee. The woman only told us to examine the exterior of the car and did not mention anything the interior. I cleaning & vacuuming the outside & inside of the car to avoid being billed. About an hour later I was able to get all the stains. This company ruined our vacation. We brought the car back cleaner & in better condition than it was when we picked it up. The rental price we paid was more than double the amount we were quoted online because. Read reviews before choosing them for their low price. I really wish I would of. I will NEVER rent from Ace again.

Alberto Starace Nashville, TN

I rented an SUV from ACE Rental in Orlando and had such a bad experience! I usually rent from enterprise but the rates were much higher then ACE. So, I decided to try them for the first time and i guess you get what you paid for...... Arrive at the Orlando airport and walk outside to pick up the shuttle and the driver never said he was from ACE rental, he expected us to see the small sign in the back of the van. It was so busy that there were numerous vehicles picking passengers up and they would park in ACE pick up space, so we didn't see the van twice and waited almost 30-40 minutes to get picked up from the airport. I dropped the SUV off early because my game was at 2;30 pm and the field was almost an hour away from the airport, so I decided to return it one day early because it would be tight to catch my flight at 6:00 pm. They charge me an early termination fee of $50 on top of the one day that I didn't use. I called customer service and it is very hard to get a return call from them. I would not recommend renting from ACE rental!!

Trudy Tucson, AZ

We booked and paid in full for a minivan through a 3rd party site. When we arrived, they had NO cars to take our party of 6 with 1 big luggage and 2 small luggages and several personal items. While trying to figure out how to get to our destination 2 hrs's drive away with a group of 6 (we have kids...), a Mitsubishi Outlander came in to be returned. Lady at the counter was apologetic and asked if we would take a smaller car. That's the only car that could take 6 of us. We put a seat down and spent the next 30 mins trying to squeeze our belongings in. My daughter had to squeeze into the single back row seat and risk having luggages fall on her. We had no other choice. At the end of the trip, because we paid in full for a minivan through the 3rd party website, we wanted to get back the difference in the price we paid for the minivan. Any searches and consultations with any car rentals said that the Mitsubishi Outlander was an SUV. A compact SUV. When we called Ace Orlando, Kevin from Ace Car Rental in Orland Florida refused to acknowledge that we got a downgrade. He insisted that this car could take 7 pax and 2 big and 2 small luggages when it obviously couldn't and didn't. He went on to declare that we actually received an upgrade. What a joker. Because he insisted that this SUV was an equivalent to a minivan, we couldn't get the difference in price back. We were blessed to meet kind customer service staff at the 3rd party website we booked through. They assisted us in calling him but received the same response even though everyone agreed that an SUV does not have the space a minivan has and definitely does not cost as much to rent. Still, Kevin refused. Because he refused to admit the car type, the other party couldn't process a refund in the price difference to us. When we returned the car to Ace at the end of our trip, we asked an Ace staff about the car. She looked bewildered when we asked if this car cost the same to rent as a minivan. She said this was a smaller car and definitely is not a minivan or cost the same to rent. It was a cheaper and smaller car and she was ready to help us talk to whoever ridiculously insisted this was a minivan equivalent. She was the ONLY kind soul in Ace who agreed to speak with the 3rd party booking agent to confirm that we got a smaller car so that we could get the difference in our money back. Kevin, we do not know how many people you have conned into paying more for a car than they paid, just because you are incapable of recognising car types when you are expected to, and are too lazy to find out and learn and be a better version of who you can be. One thing is for sure, we will not be going back to Ace for car rentals. One rotten egg in the service sector is enough to bring down a business. I hope your company is proud of you.

Ana

Ace Vancouver (airport) =disgusting service. Do yourself a favor and dont book here...its gonna destroy your plans.... i left the store almost crying, so nervous about the way i was treated...YELLED at... Ive never seen such DISGUSTING customer service.... terrible attendants YELLED at me... talking in sarcastic way...disgusting..unacceptable...just cant believe that...im in shock..no joke... attendant even gave me the phone of your competidor across the street and told me i would be better off there ... i see the company spends money to advertise and then hire unprepared people to talk to customers

Vidalia Beltran Davenport, FL

Worst experience ever!!!! Get to the Orlando, FL ACE RENTAL and they did not disclose on their website, that they do not rent to local residents, even though I had made a reservation with them weeks ago!!! The most ridiculous thing I have ever heard!!! How is this even possible. Their response, it is a strict policy. If it is a strict policy post it on your dang website!!! STOP misleading customers!!!! Left the location without my rental, throwing our whole trip to Tennessee of to a rotten start. Please if you plan on using this company get the facts before you hit that reserve button. So incredibly disappointed that they would not even try to solve my issue!!!

Alex Southampton, PA

Absolutely miserable experience with Ace Rent a Car at Atlanta airport. Had reservation booked through Priceline for Oct 9th - October 12th, 2019. When I came to Ace counter at Atlanta airport rental center, female clerk demanded to purchase extra insurance, didn't want to consider that my credit card covers FULL insurance. This is a common car rental scam in some 3rd world countries, but not in USA! MY CREDIT CARD COVERS FULL INSURANCE WITH ANY CAR RENTAL COMPANY AROUND THE WORLD, BUT NOT WITH ACE! Don't be fooled with fake low price when you book, you will be forced to pay much more at the time of pick up. Female clerk was very nasty and rude when I refused to pay extra for the insurance and asked to cancel my reservation. Please take your business somewhere else, just like I did.

GARY Venice, FL

Terrible!! Flew into Fort Meyers FL. with no signs telling me where to go to be shuttled to the OFF SITE location. When I called ACE, all the agent could say was to look for the signs. I waited just a few minutes once I got to the outside pick up location (it was only 95 degrees!!) However, once it was time to drop off the car, I nearly missed my flight waiting for the shuttle which took over 30 minutes to pick me up!! As for the car....well, lets just say it was FILTHY!!! The seats were dirty, the windows were disgusting and over all, the car smelled horrible!!! The attendant was on her phone talking with her family members about upcoming events while I paced around chewing my nails off waiting for the shuttle. Apparently, my dilemma was not her concern. I will definitely spend the few extra dollars for a more reputable company. BEWARE: IF YOU BOOK THROUGH HOTWIRE.COM, AND YOU SEE SOME SORT OF MYSTERY DEAL THING, YOU MAY END UP WITH THIS RAG TAG, COMPANY.

Nikole Williams Richmond, VA

I agree that if I could leave a negative star, I would. This is the absolute worst rental car company I have ever dealt with. You go in and one person is directing everyone to two offsite video chat staff who take your information. After 45 minutes of waiting to get to a video rep because one tablet stopped working, I finally get to start the process. And then you are asked to give your personal information with a room full of strangers sitting behind you. The pickup process is extremely inefficient and cumbersome. Had I not pre-paid through Hotwire, I would have cancelled the reservation at that point. Then, our flight was at 6 am and they only run from 7 am - 10 pm, so no shuttle service to take us back to the airport which was a huge inconvenience. To top it off, they charge my credit card $200 (not put a hold on it like most agencies) although I pre-paid for the car through Hotwire. When I say I will NEVER, EVER, EVER use this company again, I probably will not use Hotwire either because I might get them. They are the worse!

LisaB Giddings, TX

If it were possible to leave a negative star, I would. I rented a van for my SIL in Los Angeles (VANSRUS...which is who ACE uses for vans at this location) for their family of 5. At LAX, they waited for 45 minutes for their 'shuttle', which was a beat-up panel van with the name of the company written on a piece of paper TAPED TO THE VAN! Next stop: the rental site where they were given a van that was a step away from the lowest of the low. Vinyl everything. Few options. But the real circus started when they tried to charge my SIL for the rental, which I had paid in full months earlier! He called me to make sure that I had paid and I texted the receipt. Didn't stop them from trying again and again! They tried to run his card three times but Wells Fargo refused. They would allow them to put the deposit on it, which is standard for any rental, so they did. They take this stellar vehicle and leave. The return was worse. They get to the counter and are told they have no shuttles to get them to the airport. What??? Nope. So, they direct them to go next door to another agency and ask them to take them. When SIL asks if they have an agreement with that company to do that, he's told, 'Oh, yeah, we do it all the time'. So, they cross over several lots, suitcases and three little ones in tow, to the agency, where they are told, "You didn't rent from us. And we don't shuttle unless you rent from us." "But the guy over there said you had agreements and that you do this all the time". "No, he sends people over here to try and get us to shuttle them but we don't." They go back over to the agency, like a bunch of vagabonds, only to be told that they had no way to get them to the airport. I guess they couldn't use the van they had just dropped off? No. They had to call UBER to get to the airport! I had been in contact with both Hotwire, who I went through to secure the rental and ACE, to try and get some understanding and satisfaction from this whole ordeal. I just found out that ACE DID charge my SIL's card yesterday for the amount of the rental...3 months after the rental!! Hotwire said ACE wouldn't accept their voucher payment, which was news to me and they refunded the amount I had paid upfront. My next issue: getting ACE to refund the amount they charged my SIL. Unacceptable. Never will I ever enter into an agreement with ACE or Hotwire again. Fraudulent and immoral business practices are what we experienced.

dan Bel Air, MD

Never ever rent from Ace Car Rental. Having rented hundreds of cars in the US and abroad from almost every major company, I have never seen such unprofessional service. I rented from the Las Vegas airport location. They left me waiting for their shuttle for almost an hour in 106 degree heat. Their phone is on a loop so you cannot reach them by phone. Corporate was aware of this. They then insisted that I not use a debit card and promised to bill the debit card when I returned the car. When returning the car, they refused to use my debit card even though their own notes showed they promised to do so. As I was waiting, another customer was frustrated that they opened two hours late. I reached out to corporate and spoke with Christina, a manager. She emailed the Las Vegas manager who never returned my call. Christina said there was nothing else she could do. She claimed she had no manager (I'm sure she's not the CEO) and refused to allow me to speak with her manager. I told her I would write a complaint and she said that was fine as she handles all the complaints. Worst company ever!!!!

Joe Denver, CO

I was appalled at what's going on with this company. I had booked a 15 passenger van for a family trip well in advance. I chose Ace because they had the best price and kind of figured that all the companies are pretty much the same. Firstly, at Denver airport, it doesn't even feel professional. They don't have an office or a building. They have a mobile home set up as an office. Every customer was complaining about their cars being dirty. (I was in line a long time, so, I got to hear a lot of stuff going on). The staff would say, "yeah, we don't have a car wash here. Just a power washer and it's broken. You can get the car washed yourself and we'll reimburse you up to $10." One customer said "Where do you know that I can get a minivan washed for $10?!". The staff just shrugged. They would come the sales pitch for the pre-paid tolls. Colorado doesn't have toll booths. They photo your license plate then send you the bill. You could pay $11 per day for pre paid tolls or pay $25 per toll plus the cost of the toll!!! Either way is a ripoff!!! (a typical tll is $3.90 or so around denver). Add a driver? Another $10 per day! When it was finally my turn to get the van, she casually asked if I was just taking it down town. I replied that it was actually a family trip through colorado and Utah. She said "You can't take the van out of the state or it will turn off." Uhhh, ok. So, after 30 mins of talking to them, reading the fine print, and calling the head office, I had three different answers to 'what happens if I drive out of state': 1) The car will turn off 2) I would be charged 25 cents per mile driven out of state 3) I would be charged 50 cents per mile for the entire trip even if only 1 mile was out of state. After reading some reviews of ACE and contemplating the answers I was getting from the company itself, I quickly decided against doing business with them. I went to enterprise and had an entirely different experience. Completely professional. I now knew the questions to ask: extra driver was free, tolls are simply charged to my credit card at the actual cost of the toll, I could drive anywhere in the us. Ace is a complete fly by night operation and a total money grab. It may appear cheaper at first, but the extras add up very quickly. And should something go wrong, this is not the company you want to deal with.

MarJer Durango, CO

The worst car rental in 50+ yrs of renting. The agent told us it was 1/2 full, which it was and return it half full. We checked the agreement before returning and he had marked it tank full! Our fault for not looking at the agreement before we leave! He then tried to intimidate us into getting insurance, insisting until I started to call from another service to pick us up. . It was in a very sketchy neighborhood at night off the airport. Never again!!

Qefernam Denver, CO

Horrible, do not rent from this company. Rented a car through Priceline. The Ace rental in Jacksonville Florida is away from the airport. We took a shuttle when we arrive we found out they require you to pay for insurance at $8.95 per day and if you use a Bank card it is an additional $10.00 a day. Then I was told if I didn't like it I could go somewhere else. I didn't have time to catch a shuttle back to the airport and find a different car. Shame on me for not reading the reviews before I choose Ace Rentals. The people working the counter were surly and seemed unhappy to be there.

Carla Sizemore Akron, OH

Ace Rentacar sister company Verve (we booked with Ace) overcharged us $91.60 by lying and making us purchase the insurance. Verve went out of business and Ace will not own up to the overcharge. Do not rent from Ace, they are rip-offs!

Jack Beverly Hills, CA

Gave me a car with only half a tank of gas. When I called them to tell them, they said it’s supposed to be full, but because I didn’t take a photo to prove anything (and I had already driven off the lot), it’s too bad for me.

Dee A Arlington, TX

Please for the love of ALL your peace - DO NOT rent from this place - these reviews are not ALL made from a mad place- its A REALLY PROBLEM going to this place - please don t go! They are so unprofessional and they will overcharge you for things you didn't agree on.

joyce waldvogel South Ozone Park, NY

I only gave one star because I couldnt give a zero. My husband waited on line at JFK for 2.5 hours to pick up an inferior car. Stay away, even at twice the price

KIM A BEACH Idyllwild, CA

TERRIBLE CAR RENTAL COMPANY. NOT THE CAR I BOOKED. OVER AN HOUR AT THE PICK UP POINT TO GET TO THE RENTAL OFFICE. UP CHARGES. CALLED CORPORATE AND GOT NO WERE. ITS EVIDENT YOU AS THE CUSTOMER JUST DO NOT MATTER.

Tarheelntn Oak Ridge, TN

Las Vegas Rental office closes at 11:30pm- office located off airport in sketchy (at night) area. Waited in line to get car almost an hour. Nice car, cheaper price- not worth the trouble!

Sajeev FL

I had a bad experience from this rental company.When you book online ,price is different when you pickup. I never rent a car from this company in future.