Food Network Logo
LAST UPDATED: May 26th, 2021
Food Network was launched in 1993 and includes a lifestyle television network, website, and magazine that connect fans to recipes, cooking shows, advice from celebrity chefs and restaurant recommendations. The Food Network site averages more than 9.9 million unique web users monthly and the magazine is distributed to more than 100 million US households. Headquartered in New York, Food Network is aired in more than 150 countries.

The Good

Food Network's site effectively spotlights seasonal recipes, keeping content fresh and relevant for users. There is a huge selection of recipes to choose from, most of which are contributed by chefs featured on Food Network's various TV programs. There is a search function in the header of the site, which is the best way to find recipes on Food Network because it doesn't feature traditional recipe categories such as Main Dish, Ingredient or Occasion. In the footer of the site, there is a Help tab, which features the site's most frequently asked questions, as well as information about the Food Network Magazine and My Recipe Box accounts. Users can sign up for a My Recipe Box account for free, which allows them to save recipes, rate recipes, and submit reviews. They can also sign up for the daily newsletter that features an easy recipe each day, which is a convenient option for cooking enthusiasts that may not have the time to browse for new recipes. The site also features episodes of Food Network shows, how-to videos and interviews with the Food Network celebrity chefs, and restaurant listings.

The Bad

Food Network's site layout makes it difficult to find or browse recipes. There is a search function in the header of the site, so users can enter keywords to find specific recipes they have in mind. However, if users want to find recipes based on food allergies, level of difficulty, or main ingredient - or simply browse - they won't be able to. There are no recipe categories in the header to choose from. This oversight means users are likely to spend much more time searching for recipes and won't be able to browse efficiently. The recipes on Food Network do not offer substitute ingredients or nutritional information. There is not a feature that allows users to search for recipes based on level of difficulty, which is helpful for newer or less experienced cooks. Users who aren't as comfortable in the kitchen may prefer to use a site that will make it easy for them to find simple recipes. Food Network's site also features a variety of ads. Many of the ads do not directly relate to food or cooking, so users may find them to be distracting.

The Bottom Line

Food Network fans will enjoy the site's offering of videos, shows and celebrity chef recipes. The site features a hearty selection of detailed recipes, however finding them may be a bit of a hassle. Users can make best use of the site if they typically have an idea of what they'd like to cook, as Food Network's search capabilities are much easier to use than the browsing setup.

Leonard Leo Potomac, MD

With a never ending number of chefs, you will probably find many variations of the same recipe. This is a good thing, since ingredients will vary along with recipe complexity. I choose my recipes based on the these two criteria and the number of stars submitted.

Matthew Cota Albuquerque, NM

I enjoy food network, get to see a very wide variety of great and simple to follow directions on how to prepare some very delicious recipes, and they are healthy foods , I definitely enjoy a show on there call triple D , which stands for Dinner, drive ins and dives , that show alone is amazing, they show all kinds of different dinners to eat at from all over the US , amazing

Lizzy Puentes Tallahassee, FL

The food network has a large variety of recipes to follow. The instructions themself are very thorough and easy to follow. The ingredients are listed with their proportions at the top so it is easy when gathering all of them. There is often a picture included also.

Aunt Cathy Bay Saint Louis, MS

I don't know where to start. There is nothing I don't love about this site and Everything I do love. So easy to find a recipe on the site from whatever chef you're looking for.. Prints out easy.. and I like that some recipes come from different chefs to give you an option

Eric San Diego, CA

I have used the Food Network site for multiple recipes in the past but more recently used it to make baked mac n' cheese for friendsgiving. The recipe was very easy to follow and only took me about an hour start to finish to make the delicious dish that everyone enjoyed.

Wendy Park City, UT

FoodNetwork.com is a great place to find recipes. Their website has a wide variety of different foods that include a picture to show you exactly how it is suppose to look.

Shante Reeder Ogden, UT

Food Network is one of my favorite places to find recipes! I frequently visit this site during the holidays and special occasions! Huge selection of recipes, for whatever your preferences are!

Theodore Niemann Boulder, CO

I love watching Food Network. We watch Guy's Grocery Games all the time. It is such a unique show. The network also allows you to learn how to cook new and exciting recipes.

Beverly Schacher Long Beach, MS

I love everything Food Network! From their magazines, TV shows and products. This recipe site is easy to use, has great recipes and accurate reviews. Thank you Food Network for all your inspiring recipes.

Kimmi Riverton, UT

There are so many recipes here to try. The videos are great to see how to make something, especially when it is a technique new to me. This isn't just for adults. My kids have watched and learned a lot.

Coleen Daniels Myersville, MD

I do enjoy seeing something on Food Network and then being able to go find the recipe online. There are certain Food Network Stars that I like and trust their recipes. It's nice to find ones I am looking for and even new ones by the same Chef!

Anne Marie Milne Layton, UT

I always go to Food Network when I want to find a good recipe. They have so many different options that there are options for any time period and any type of food. They also have a lot of videos which makes it fun and a lot easier.

Jadon Barre ,

My family is picky when it comes to home cooked dinners. But the Food Network website helps me make meals that leave my family happy and healthy.

Anita pea Dallas, TX

Food network was awesome to find amazing dishes to cook for the family. The instructors are great teachers and the price for food is awesome.

Emily Tallahassee, FL

I love finding recipes from my favorite chefs like Guy Fieri, and Ree Drummond. I love being able to recreate all of the yummy recipes I see on tv.

Mykahla Nelson Managua, MN

Food network has so many different options for recipes! I got a yummy sugar cookie recipe and it’s my new go to sugar cookie recipe !

Brayden D. Gilbert, AZ

Food Network is the best food program ever!! It had amazing recipes and it even has shows where you can watch chefs create magnificent food.

Darbles32 Managua, MN

Food network always has new and exciting recipes to try but their sight also has a lot of advertisements which makes it hard to read recipes

Aubrey Rentschler Salt Lake City, UT

I actually made a recipe from Food Network last night and it was delicious. My only complaint is that sometimes their recipes contain uncommon ingredients.

Cristopher Andrews Dacula, GA

As a housewife, I find here systematically so many great food recipes.

Linda Hill

Food Network is wonderful! So many ways to enjoy the creation of meals, baking, etc...

Landon Robison Layton, UT

Great recipes and website. They also have cooking episodes anyone can watch. My wife loves it.

Mackenzie Gilbert, AZ

Sometimes the site crashes and sometimes the recipes are not what they tell you they are.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

Way too much effort into a family meal that only me and my husband will end up eating!

Amelia Gibson South Jordan, UT

I love this company, they have so many great recipe choices and fun ideas.

Jeff Martin Layton, UT

Great site. Always find delicious recipes and in depth instructions.