Send2Press is a press release distribution firm with more years of experience than most others firms its size. After its founding, Send2Press used the traditional wire approach to send news far and wide. The company claims to have invented search optimized web PR placement 15 years ago, when many of its competitors were not yet in business. Today, Send2Press utilizes a number of the same technologies to reach even larger audiences, in what the company calls “concierge style.”
- Submission process
- Customer service
Send 2 Press offers a number of packages for press release distribution, according to geographic or industrial targeting:
- The Standard State Plan is $99. This plan includes syndicated publication, a social media campaign, placement in Google News and Bing News, embedded multimedia, and tracking tools. The Standard State Plan does not publish to national trade or consumer magazines.
- The Standard Industry Plan is $139. It guarantees that a release will reach U.S. Daily Media outlets-print and broadcast-in up to two contiguous states. Releases submitted under this plan will also reach applicable national magazines in their industry, be syndicated onto more than 150 websites nationally and internationally, reach Google News and Bing News, and push to AP and Reuters through traditional wires. The Standard Industry Plan also includes a photo and other multimedia, various tracking tools, a social media campaign, scheduled release, and an 800-word limit.
- The Premium Industry PLUS Plan costs $449 per release. It includes all the features of the Standard Industry Plan, in addition to services like additional syndication, inclusion on financial sites, and various tracking tools via PR Newswire. The Premium Industry Plan has a 400-word limit.
- The Standard Regional Plan is $159. Releases submitted under this plan will be syndicated onto more than 150 websites nationally and internationally, reach Google News and Bing News, and push to AP and Reuters through traditional wires. This plan also includes embedded multimedia, various tracking tools, a social media campaign, a 1,200 word limit, and geographic targeting in one of five U.S. Regions: Northeast, Southeast, Midwest, West/Southwest, and Southwest.
- The Standard National Plan is $199. It guarantees that a release will reach more than 6,000 U.S. Daily Media outlets. Releases submitted under this plan receive all the same features as releases submitted under the $139 Industry Plan.
- The Premium National PLUS Plan is the most popular plan and costs $489 per release. It includes all the features of the Standard National Plan, in addition to services like placement in PR Newswire for Journalists, additional syndication, inclusion on financial sites, the PRN Release Watch, and full PR Newswire Visibility Dashboard. The Premium National Plan has a 400 word limit.
- The Premium National LITE Plan costs $399. It is essentially identical to the Premium National PLUS Plan, without placement in the PR Newswire for Journalists and with lighter reporting. The word limit is 500.
- The Standard Online Post Plan costs $89. It includes syndication, a social media campaign, placement in Google News and Bing News, embedded media, and basic reporting tools.
- The Premium Online LITE Plan costs $379. It is identical to the Premium National LITE Plan aside from the daily media distribution. The Premium Online LITE Plan sends a client's release to media in a single U.S. state. It does not include placement in trade magazines. The word limit is 500.
- The Premium National MAX Plan costs $899. It includes all the features of the PLUS plans, in addition to PR Newswire's best plan, the US1, with micro-list targeting. It has a 400-word limit.
- With the exception of the Online Distribution Plan, all plans include anchor link support with up to 10 nofollow links and one dofollow link to the client's home page. The Online Plan includes only 5 nofollow links.
- With the exception of the Online Distribution Plan, all plans also include the PRtrax clip report dashboard, the PRpurls Social Media click-thru dashboard, on-page readership stats, and the PRtrax PRO extended reader metrics. The Online Plan offers a LITE version of the PR Newswire tracking tools.
- Send2Press's collaboration with PR Newswire endows it with powerful analytic abilities. PR Newswire offers a dashboard with by-the-minute stats, including click-thrus, reads, and placements all over the web.
- The submission process is straightforward. Clients select a distribution plan, pay the associated fee, and submit their project for immediate distribution.
- Clients may add press release writing with a PR professional to any plan for $199.99. One draft revision is $69.99 and a two draft revision is $169.99.
- Send2Press offers social campaigns in addition to those included in the Industry, National and Regional Plans. Upgrades are $20, $60, or $120.
- Send2Press lists a toll-free number, a local number, office hours, and an email address on their website. Customer service representatives return emails immediately and customer support is extremely efficient.
- The Send2Press website includes a thorough, step-by-step ordering and format guide. It clearly outlines to requirements for submitting and distributing a successful press release.
- The Send2Press website includes a page to help clients verify the company's information and the site's security. It includes a comprehensive summary of Send2Press's long and varied history.
The following are potential drawbacks of using Send 2 Press:
- It takes roughly 4 steps to complete your sign-up.
- SEO Services offered can vary depending on the plan chosen.
- Send2Press does not offer 24/hour support or a live chat. It's limited office hours also make it difficult to get help in the evenings or weekends.
The Bottom Line
Send2Press is a veteran among PR companies, and it shows in two ways: the company has a wide range of tools at its disposal, but some of its methods are on the verge of antiquation. It is well suited for similarly established media agencies, but a little communication with customer service will make Send2Press an accessible, affordable option for anyone with the patience to explore its offerings.