PR Newswire offers small businesses an experiences and an effective partnership in their press release marketing campaign. PR Newswire has been in business for over 60 years. PR Newswire has customers as large and influential as NASA.
- Submission process
- Customer support
PR Newswire offers the following:
- Price - PR Newswire offers their subscribers an annual subscription model. Customers are billed per press release in addition to their annual membership fee.
-Annual membership - $195
-Price per release varies from $800-$2,200 +
-Single 400-word press release with national distribution - $800
-Pricing for multi-media press releases starts at $2,200 per release
- Submission Process - PR Newswire is easy to use and step-by-step instructions are available to guide new users through submitting their press releases with a few clicks. Entire process takes five minutes or less. All members of PR Newswire are eligible for writing support from PR Newswire experts.
- Customer Support - Representatives of PR Newswire offer phone support from 8AM to 5PM EST. Unique to PR Newswire are regional editorial bureaus (East Coast and West Coast.
- Optimization - Included in all press releases which are distributed through PRNewswire are the following optimization features:
-Permanent hosting on PR Newswire with keyword-rich, search-friendly URL
-Searchable on the three major search engines - Google, Bing and Yahoo!
-Reach subscribers and bloggers with RSS
-Embed your press release in the social media toolbar
-SEO text and tag optimization
- Education - PR Newswire has published several articles and guides online designed to help their customers get the most out of their press release marketing campaigns. They are an award-winning company (2013 CODiE Award for the Best Press Release Distribution Solution).
Pricing for PR Newswire is higher than some of the other services, with a membership fee as well as a per-release fee. This may be prohibitive for many small or medium sized companies.
While customer service is easily accessible, the representatives were somewhat difficult to elicit some responses about company generalities. As a rule, this would not be as significant, but considering that the company's website is vague in some areas regarding basic services, one can feel frustrated when doing basic comparisons.
The Bottom Line
Sixty years of experience in the industry and customers as prominent as NASA speaks volumes about a company and its experience and effectiveness. None of the competition is able to boast these accomplishments.
For many, the price per release may be prohibitive, however. One would like to see more transparency and information published by PR Newswire about their features. For the right client with the right budget, PR Newswire is a viable choice for their press release marketing campaign.