e-releases has been offering their press release editorial and distribution services since 1998. They are in a different niche than most of their competitors and explain their philosophies and practices thoroughly on their website. They send all of the releases next-day and directly to journalists, rather than in a blast. Customers are charged per release and may opt for rush (same-day) services for an additional fee.
- Realistic expectations
e-releases is open in giving their customers realistic expectations of what they may expect in a press release distribution campaign, specifically what e-releases may or may not be able to accomplish. As such, communication with e-releases is vastly different than that with other companies.
e-releases has strict guidelines on word count, number of images and format of the release. Editorial work is provided by e-releases, depending on the plan which has been purchased.
- Newswire Lite- $249/release
- PR Newswire custom national distribution (direct to journalists & newsrooms)
- 400 words
- Two Photos
- Targeting at PR Newswire's discretion
- BuzzBuilder- $299/release
- NewswireLite features
- Subscribing journalists
- 400 words & one industry target
- SEO enhancements
- 75+ media sites guaranteed
- Newsmaker- $399/release
- Buzz Builder features
- Premium news outlets via Associated Press
- 500 words & two industry targets
- 100+ media sites guaranteed
- PR Pro- $499/release
- Newsmaker features
- Up to 600 words
- Three industry targets
- PRTrue™ Send
- 150+ media sites guaranteed
e-releases features a comprehensive FAQ document which covers most of the questions which a new user might encounter. The document answers questions in a straight-forward and thorough way, in language which is easy to understand.
- Customer service
Potential drawbacks of using e-releases include the following:
- Price - e-releases is more expensive than their competition, by a significant margin.
- Customer service - during an interaction with a reviewer, the customer service agent from e-releases struck an adversarial tone and spent a significant sum of time "bashing" the competition.
- Features - e-releases doesn't guarantee the exposure which is promised by competitors, but explains why and the basics on what they will promise.
The Bottom Line
For most, the price of e-releases' services will be adequate reason to go to another company. Their open communication and transparency is refreshing and merits mention. e-releases is committed to educating their customers on exactly what to expect for their services. This approach is unique, since many competitors promise big numbers for their services, which according to e-releases, is less effective than their method, since their audience is more targeted.