TouchBistro

7.3

TouchBistro is an iPad point of Sale (POS) company providing POS software features to restaurants since 2010. Its POS systems are high-quality and allow for business owners to be more efficient at or away from the table. The company asserts that its employees work days, nights, and weekends—just like its hardworking customers. TouchBistro also offers in-depth training and 24/7 expert technical support to help users to understand the array of POS solutions that it provides.

The Good

• Specializes in Restaurant POS
  • Easy to Use Software
  • Free Trial
  • Integrations
  • Reasonable Fees and Contracts
  • Customer Relationship Management
  • Restaurant Inventory Management
  • Reports and Analytics
  • Automatic Updates
  • Additional Features
  • TouchBistro Reviews

Specializes in Restaurant POS

During its inception in 2010, TouchBistro saw the need for an affordable and easy-to-use POS system that caters to the needs of the food industry. The iPad-based POS system has become popular in the food service businesses from fine-dining restaurants to food trucks.

Easy to Use Software

Because TouchBistro ruses Apple iPads, anyone familiar with a smartphone or tablet can easily learn and use the technology quickly. This restaurant POS allows managers to run close to all of the business from an iPad or mobile device using an App. Unlike a number of POS providers that use a cloud-based restaurant POS system, the Touchbistro POS software uses a hybrid approach to the cloud system. The cloud can be used, but is not relied upon. Managers can create schedules, make menu edits, clock employees in and out, perform card transactions, view past purchase orders, and much more from just a mobile device. Its popularity among smaller food service establishments is in part due to its ease of use.

Free Trial

TouchBistro offers a free trial for restaurateurs who are curious about how well the POS software technology will integrate into day-to-day operations. This is a common concern with businesses of all sizes, so a free trial is a great way to alleviate any possible trepidations.

Integrations

The TouchBistro app integrates with multiple third-party programs and offers complete payment/credit card processing freedom so companies can compare rates and get the best deal. Some TouchBistro integrations include:

• 7Shifts
  • Star Micronics
  • PayPal
  • WooCommerce

Reasonable Fees and Contracts

TouchBistro's fees and contracts are not only reasonably priced, but extremely convenient for restaurant owners, especially for those who may only be open seasonally. The monthly fees vary by the number of licenses a business uses, with each license being one terminal, or iPad, in use. The fees are:

• $69/month for 1 license
  • $129/month for 2 licenses
  • $249 for 3-5 licenses
  • $399 for 6 or more licenses

These costs are all-inclusive, and TouchBistro does not charge for add-ons for features or for customer service and support, nor do they charge for hardware or payment processing. Those using TouchBistro only pay for the licensing periods which they use, so those who may wish to suspend service for periods of time are more than welcome.

Contracts are not required: You may use the service month-to-month or through an annual contract. While TouchBistro does offer incentives for entering into an annual contract, it is not required.

Customer Relationship Management

The success of many restaurants and cafe's rides on returning customers. One of the ways that TouchBistro has worked to establish long-lasting relationships with customers is through the customer loyalty program and excellent customer support. As members of this program, staff can create customer profiles to help other employees know small details about frequent visitors. Some information that can be recorded is: What the customer likes to eat or drink, what time the customer typically comes into the restaurant, where the customer likes to sit, past purchase orders to have an idea of what they might want. These customer profiles help both the customer and the employee to have a satisfactory experience.

Restaurant Inventory Management

Have you ever had to tell a customer that the specific dish that they had ordered was no longer available due to a shortage of ingredients? You don't have to do that anymore. The real-time inventory feature of this restaurant POS takes into account how much of each ingredient on hand was used in each meal and alerts employees when ingredients are running low or if they run out. This allows for servers to let guests know in real-time what dishes are unavailable thanks to the inventory management feature.

Reports and Analytics

TouchBistro restaurant POS software allows business owners and managers to generate reports on transaction history, sales increase, service improvement, and inventory to name just a few. A number of reports can be programmed to generate automatically with real-time reporting and are exportable and shareable. These reports can be generated on the iPad App, or using the mobile POS App created for iPhones.

Automatic Updates

Using the iOS app can be very quick and very effective. One of the newer features of this pos system is its automatic updates. Though these updates are helpful, it is important to make sure that they are turned off during business hours to ensure that your pos system does not start updating the software during the middle of a shift.

Additional Features

Touchbistro POS offers self-ordering kiosks, self-service POS terminal, sale software, restaurant POS software, tableside ordering, POS software systems, menu items, quick service, inventory management through mobile POS, POS solutions for easier transactions, restaurant management (for both fine-dining restaurants, quick service restaurants and coffee shops), table management, credit card loyalty programs, menu, cash register, and cash drawer features, a receipt printer, a card reader for credit cards, debit cards, and gift cards, etc.

TouchBistro Reviews

The reviews that we have received for this company have been fairly positive ranking this company a minimum of 4 out of 5 stars. As a restaurant point-of-sale solution it has provided excellent customer services to a wide variety of people through its software.

The Bad

• Works Exclusively with Apple
  • Only for Restaurants

Works Exclusively with Apple

Though it doesn’t limit the company's target audiences (since so many business owners are already using Apple products), the iPad App and general Touchbistro software does exclude Android users. If your mobile device is an Android, this is not the point of sale solution for you. Restaurateurs who are interested in TouchBistro’s POS products and service will have to make the switch to Apple in order to get the full extent of the services provided.

Only For Restaurants

If you are looking for retail POS, small business POS, or other business or sale POS, this is not the product for you. The POS software has been created specifically to service transactions, organization, and inventory for the food industry. Most retailers, store owners, and business owners don't need menus, seating, individual ingredient inventory, and other specialized features for restaurant POS systems.

The Bottom Line

TouchBistro is an iOS point of sale software favorite for restaurateurs and others working in the restaurant industry, and for good reason. Its extensive compatibility with third party software and its payment processing freedom makes it versatile and affordable enough for any business looking for a POS solution in the food service industry. Though it only works exclusively with Apple hardware and software and is not meant for retail stores or small businesses, it works so well with the operating system that it’s become a household name in food service. As long as customers are comfortable with the upfront fee, we recommend food business owners consider TouchBistro alongside the other top restaurant POS companies.

View Best POS Companies

Dejan

When I was opening my restaurant, their price seemed to be good for what we needed. At the time we had to invest six or seven thousand dollars but it was a good choice. The touch base lets you change anything in your system and add new prices accordingly. Each one of us can have an iPad so it's much easier to set everything up. Plus, it improves our communication with the kitchen. The software is great, if I need any information from, say, 5 years ago, I can go through the menu items and find out how old some of them are and such. It's amazing for when you're trying to figure out what meals are doing great and which ones to change. It's a great way to get solid sale information. Customer support has always been able to help us out of we run into any problems, though my son is usually the one in charge of communicating with them. The price is ok, though lately my son has said that the prices are going up, so I'm not really happy about that. I don't want to pay more money than the allotted amount that I already have for it, so I might look for another tool.

Paul Nobles

I got it since it was easy to use it an install it. The cost was a major factor too, especially since it wasn't super expensive compared to the other options out there. There were other things too: the monthly maintenance is super low, scaling the system up or down is simple, it allows you to have multiple units and printers, it has the front facing displays, and a bunch of other options that are available. The system is just easy to use and very intuitive. I've had it for four years or so and each time I've called customer service they've been able to solve my problems very quickly and call me back whenever things get resolved.

Sarah Bennetto O'Brien

I started off with Shopkeeper and was very dissatisfied with their customer service. I researched a bit further and found TouchBistro. I was very happy to find that they were Canadian. It has been about four years since then and I've been with them all this time. Any time I've had to call, which has been several times now, they've been excellent. They're just super friendly and always able to fix my problem. They've been really great. The software does even more than what we could ever use it for. It has been more than adequate for us. Whenever I've suggested any fix or improvement, they've always told me that they're working on that for the next update. They got their fingers on the pulse of what their customers need and want. I honestly think I don't use about 80% of the services they offer so sometimes I wish there was a bit of a, well, I suppose a simpler down version of the program or a way to remove the features that you don't use you know. Maybe just keep the POS features and basic quarterly reporting or something of the sort.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Sarah! Thanks so much for your review. Thank you for being a customer for over four years – very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro and our customer service team to be excellent. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Fran Weima

When we were looking some seven years ago, they were one of the few companies with this service. After extensive research, we decided to go with them and we've had them since. We have their App on our own iPad, that's where we use it from. Since everything has worked well, I haven't needed to call customer support a lot. Whenever we do need to call them, things go well. At trade shows and when we meet with them, they are very receptive of my ideas or suggestions. They release updates timely and constantly add new features and improve the software. Since we're a seasonal business, we don't need to have all our iPads working during the winter, so we can just put them aside and use the app on one or two if we need to. We really appreciate how flexible the app and system are and that they tailor everything to our needs. We've been very pleased, they're an exceptional company to work with.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Fran! Thanks so much for your review. We're so grateful that you've been a customer for over seven years and have joined us on this amazing journey! Very happy to hear you're TouchBistro continues to work great for you and that you're enjoying our regular updates. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Dayna Guy

The low cost and the simplicity of it were the things that convinced me of getting it. I've never had an issue with customer service but it was annoying that I had to set everything up on my own. Otherwise it has been good. I'd like them to make it so that you can alphabetize the menu items. It's really annoying that to enable menu items you have to scroll through this haphazard list. Even printing out detailed summaries of the stuff is confusing, there's no order or anything. It's just weird.

Arturo Anhalt

I used a different POS beforehand, but I find TouchBistro to be a lot easier to use on the iPad. Customer service is usually very very fast when I call with a problem or something of the sort. Though right now we are having some issues with the tablet. Even though I charge it all day, when I unplug it, it takes it 10 minutes to go from 100% charge to 50%. It just doesn't last.

Baupendra Dave South Lake Tahoe, CA

The system is very easy to use, very user friendly. I've been using it for almost five years now and I'm happy with it. Every time I call customer service I get an immediate response. I don't have to wait too long and they guide me through the right steps to get my machine working. Though I haven't had that many problems with the machine to begin with.

Henry Besser- Rosenenberg

When I was looking around they were one of the services that just came up so I went with it. They were very helpful when it came to setting things up. We haven't needed to contact them since then. The only problem that I have with it is that, well, in order to use their software you have to be on a TouchBistro internet connection. If you want to run music programs and stuff like that from the iPad, which we do, then you have to switch back and forth between networks. That can be a bit frustrating. Other than that though, the software is good.

Louise White-Gibbs

They just seemed like the simplest solution to my problems. Since it was all done on the Apple system, it was easy for my staff and I to learn how to use it properly. There are so many things you can do with it. It can handle reports, staff hours, and a whole bunch of things. It has really helpful applications that I can just use whenever I need. Anytime I've needed them, they respond immediately and get back to me very quickly too. It doesn't matter if it's through email or text, they always resolve things quickly. The app just keeps everything simple.

Anne House

Theirs looked like the easiest system to use and the most efficient too. The updates they do on the system are seamless. I've had absolutely no reason to actually call customer support. When we got started though, they were fantastic. They were with us every step of the way. I love their customer incentive program where you can get rewards for introducing another company to TouchBistro, that's great.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Anne! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be easy, efficient, and seamless. Like you said – fantastic! It's also great to hear you're taking advantage of our customer referral program; many of our customers are referred to us by happy long-time customers such as yourself and it makes us warm and fuzzy :) If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Jacek Hejmej

I was looking for a P.O.S. so I read a bunch of reviews on the internet and they all swayed me towards TouchBistro. They were the most attractive price-wise. Customer service is always helpful and available. They just know what they're doing and they stay on top of things. The software is just very dependable and easy to use, it was made to be very user friendly.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Jacek! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be dependable, easy to use, user friendly, and cost effective. I will also share your praise with our customer service team. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Johnscott Lee Mount Vernon, WA

This one seemed to be the best service available for restaurant use at a good price. The software has been very consistent, it works well for us. Customer support has been very responsive too and solved any problems that came up. One thing I'd like them to do is to make some of the programming and functions on the tablets available elsewhere. Right now I have to do everything outside of business hours, so it can be pretty challenging to do that when everything is tied to the tablets.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Johnscott! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be consistently reliable and it's making your work easier. I'll share your feedback with our customer service and development teams. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Bijoy Kanianthra

I got it since it was just an App, I didn't need to do too much in terms of set ups or computer things. I could just use it on my iPad and it was all very user friendly. They're constantly upgrading it and changing things to keep everything relevant. It's pretty good. The only suggestion I have is that they should partner up with some other apps that work with restaurants. I work with a reservation company called Table Agent and I'd like to see TouchBistro work with them because their reservation set up is very helpful. That would make online reservations much easier.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Bijoy! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be user friendly and are enjoying the regular updates and new features. I will forward your integration suggestions to our development team. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Nichole Brashear Not Provided Portola, CA

I needed to take control of my inventory's costs and get a more accurate view of my accounting on a daily basis. That's why I got it. The software is very easy to use and user friendly. Hooking it up and getting it going was no problem whatsoever. I like that it's small and compatible with my phone, so if there's any additional information that I might need I can connect from my phone to the iPad in the shop and take care of things that way. Every time I call, there's always somebody available to help me immediately.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Nichole! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear that TouchBistro is helping you get better control of your inventory costs and giving you a more accurate view of your daily accounting. I will let our developers and our support team know of your highly positive experience with all aspects of TouchBistro. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Don Zelazny Penn Yan, NY

After reviewing different options online, this one seemed to be the best considering the price and what it was able to do for me. Anytime I've had a problem I can just call and I get an immediate response from them. They usually solve my problems very rapidly. I've been with them for 2 or 3 years now and the app has never crashed on me or anything. It's always operating.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Don Zelazny! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear that our customer service team has been taking good care of your needs and that TouchBistro has been performing flawlessly for you. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

LanceDettwiler

It is great, the lay out is super easy to teach new trainees, they pick it up in a day. The account aspect is almost seamless, it probably is but I’m not to tek Savvy. Tek support is always easy to get ahold of and the price is right for small businesses.

Bill Knapp New York, NY

We went with them since they were the best ones out there. The software is great but the equipment that I'm using, the apple iPad, it's starting to slow down. It's maybe a year and a half or two years since we got it and it really shows. Sometimes when you punch things in, it gets confused.

Corey Schelp Shawnee, KS

What convinced us was the fact that we could use them on a hotspot, plus we could use the POS as well as the track. There are a few things I'd like to customize in the POS system, like the KDS, but it's still pretty great. I've only had to contact customer support once, but they were able to help me out when I needed them.

Ray Askarnia San Francisco, CA

They have some minor flaws in customer service, but for the most part they're just fine. They're all still very sweet and kind. The software is easy to operate and work with, plus it works with iPads. It does need some improvements though.

Drew Wollenberg

They just seemed like the best way to go for what our restaurant needed. When we need help, we've always been able to get a hold of someone from customer support. The only downfall of the system is that the router can be a little bit difficult at some points, but other than that, it's fantastic.

Dean Mrkic Delorey

I've never had a negative experience with their customer service. They're always quick and timely. The app has some bugs that need to be fixed or updated, but it's still an amazing software. I've used 10 different ones and this is the best one so far. This gives me more access to the information and things that I need.

Mark Voros Spring, TX

I got it since it was easy for both my employees and my managers to use the system. The system never goes down and it doesn't have any issues. I can talk to customer service 24/7 and, on top of that, their FAQs are pretty accessible and easy to find on their website.

Jessie Larsen

I like everything about TouchBistro. We got it because of its low start up costs. As far as purchasing went, we had to spend ten grand or so to get the system. Besides, it was super user friendly. I've never actually had to call customer support. The system just works really well and it's easy to maneuver and update it. It's just a great system.

Rhonda Weisheit Boca Raton, FL

The rep just told us how great the program was and sold us on it. He has been available for us 24/7 since then. The program is very efficient and the fact that it can collect data is pretty awesome. We're just getting the reader since it would be nice to be a little more secure.

Rachel Mowat

I liked the system and the reporting part of it, that's why I got it. I've never had any problems with it, it's quite efficient and does the job. Customer service always gets back to you and they are able to answer all your questions. I'm happy with the price, especially compared to other systems that I've tried before. That's a bonus.

Sita Marlier Gainesville, FL

I got it since the app was just very user friendly and very visual. Everything works perfectly fine. Whenever I need to call them I've never had to wait for someone to respond. Everyone is very helpful, nice, and knowledgeable.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Sita! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be user friendly and our user interface to be easy to use. I will share your positive feedback with our customer service team, as well. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Hong Lin

I got it since it seemed like it was going to be the most efficient. I've been having problems with the printer though. It just can't print Chinese words and characters so instead of using the internal printer I have to use my regular printer.

David Munnerlyn New Iberia, LA

I researched on the web and discussed it with other people. In the end I decided this would be the best one for us. They have done a good job so far. The iPad is a little bit small so it can be a bit hard to work with it. I'd like a format that's a little bigger and more robust. It still works well though.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, David! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you chose TouchBistro as the best fit for your business and that it's doing a good job so far. With respect to iPads, you could definitely benefit from using the 9.7", 10.5" or 12.9" iPads (TouchBistro works great on all of them). If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Doan Nguyen

We were just starting up at the time and after researching a bit online we decided to give it a go. They're pretty good, we haven't had any problems so far. The system is a little slow sometimes, but I think that's because the version is a little old. I think it just needs to be updated, but it's not really a problem.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Doan! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to work well for you. Please don't hesitate to contact our support team if you would like help updating your software to the latest and greatest version. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Don Kraft

After evaluating all the other options, they just seemed like the best fit for our business. The equipment is very good, it's all pretty much based on an iPad. The reporting function on the app is very valuable and useful. Customer support has responded to all my concerns in a timely manner.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Don! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be valuable and useful and our support team has been taking good care of you. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Christian Serino

Whenever I have a problem they're able to help me quickly. The software is easy to configure and it's also very convenient. It's just very adaptable, though I can't integrate all point of sales merchant services with it. That's the only thing though.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Christian Serino! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be easy to configure, convenient to use, and our customer service team to be fast and responsive in solving any problems that arise. I will share your feedback regarding merchant services with our development team. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

MaryIodice

We are a very small restaurant that was in need of a simple POS solution. We did the research and found TouchBistro. After hand-writing checks for almost 8 years this is a great asset to our restaurant. It helps us with the checks , reports and makes the entire process easier. We are not sure how we did it without it!!

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, MaryIodice! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be an asset to your restaurant and is making the entire process easier. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

ToddCrosby

A reliable system with an ease of use not found in other systems. After 40 years in the business I can confidently say it is the only system I would choose from those available today.

Vishwa Mohan

They were the first ones I saw that were apple based. Besides, the were very user friendly, so I went with it. Every time I call them, they pick up quickly. They are doing well.

Jim Nye South Mills, NC

Customer service is very responsible. They've taken care of any situation that comes up. The software is very good, though there's a few things that either the program can't do or that I don't know how to do.

Mari Vivet Sanibel, FL

They have been always available when I needed help. The software is user friendly and it works flawlessly. Though I'd like them to improve the reservation system that they have.

Roxanne Zumwalde Fort Thomas, KY

Everything I read about it was very positive and the system looked very user friendly. In fact, it has been very user friendly so far. Whenever I call them they are always very friendly and expedient about solving my issues.

Wendy Huang

We got it since it seems like it's easy to use. It's a very simple and flexible system, you can always change and revise things. Though to be honest I don't know how much we pay for it.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Wendy! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be easy to use, simple, and flexible. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Steve Purtelle

When I was first looking around, I thought theirs looked very user friendly, so I went with it. I really have no suggestions, the only problems I've run into have been minor. I'm very happy with it.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Steve! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be user friendly and are happy with the impact TouchBistro is making for your business. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Lisa Aronson

The were recommended to us. Customer support always answers my questions whenever I call. They take care of my needs. I also really enjoy using the Touch Bistro iPad, it's just user friendly.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Lisa! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear that our customer support team is taking good care of you and that you're finding TouchBistro to be user friendly and enjoyable to use. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Alan Candelma

The owner was the one that actually chose it. We've never had any issues with the software. When we call customer support we always get results very quickly.

Devin Jacksonville, FL

The price and the ease of use were what convinced me of getting it. They are always quick to respond, clear, and helpful. I've never had any issue with them, it's good.

IrisDaniela-Yacob

Touch bistro makes training new employees effortless because of the easy to read screen, which results in minimal error when entering orders by employees.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, IrisDaniela-Yacob! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear TouchBistro is making it effortless for you to train new employees and is helping you eliminate order entry errors. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

RickKirkpatrick

The touch bistro works very well with very few issues. My only comment would be is to make sure you have fiber optic for your internet

John Karkanas

I went with them since I had heard they were very good. Every time I talk to them they help us out. The system is reliable and pretty simple.

JohnWhite

I've been in the business for over 50 years and this is the best pos for restaurants I've ever used.

Willis Gilles

I haven't really had to call customer service very often, the system is just great. It's easy to use.

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Willis! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be working flawlessly for you and haven't had to get in touch with our 24/7 support team much. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Robert (Bob)Koury

From zero to full implementation in a week. Touch Bistro has so much depth yet simplicity of use. Well done!

Reply from TouchBistro

Hey, Bob! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear we could get you setup so quickly and you're find it easy to use in spite of the depth of features TouchBistro offers. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

William (Michael)Van Sickle

Easy to use! Great Suooort! Cost effective!! Highly recommend to other companies.

Lori Gilpatrick Columbus, GA

The reviews were what convinced me of getting it. The software is user friendly.