TouchBistro

verified

TouchBistro

verified
TouchBistro's systems are fully integrated and easy to use

Founded in 2010, TouchBistro is an iPad point of sale (POS) system designed for and by restaurant service staff to meet the specific needs of the industry. The TouchBistro team has worked to provide a full array of POS services for restaurateurs. The company asserts that its employees work days, nights, and weekends—just like its hardworking customers. TouchBistro also offers in-depth training and 24/7 expert technical support.

The Good

• Specializes in Restaurants
  • Easy to Use
  • Free Trial
  • Integrations
  • Reasonable Fees and Contracts
  • Additional Features

Specializes in Restaurants

TouchBistro saw the need for an affordable and easy-to-use POS system focusing solely on the restaurant industry, and hit the road running when it started in 2010. The iPad-based POS system has become popular in the food service businesses from fine-dining restaurants to food trucks.

Easy to Use

Because TouchBistro ruses Apple iPads, anyone familiar with a smarphone or tablet can easily learn and use the technology quickly. Its popularity among smaller food service establishments is in part due to its ease of use.

Free Trial

TouchBistro offers a free trial for restaurateurs who are curious about how well the POS technology will integrate into day-to-day operations. This is a common concern with businesses of all sizes, so a free trial is a great way to alleviate any possible trepidations.

Integrations

The TouchBistro app integrates with multiple third-party programs and offers complete payment processor freedom so companies can compare rates and get the best deal. Some TouchBistro integrations include:

• 7Shifts
  • Star Micronics
  • PayPal
  • WooCommerce

Reasonable Fees and Contracts

TouchBistro's fees and contracts are not only reasonably priced, but extremely convenient for restaurant owners, especially for those who may only be open seasonally. The monthly fees vary by the number of licenses a business uses, with each license being one terminal, or iPad, in use. The fees are:

• $69/month for 1 license
  • $129/month for 2 licenses
  • $249 for 3-5 licenses
  • $399 for 6 or more licenses

These costs are all-inclusive, and TouchBistro does not charge for add-ons for features or for customer service and support, nor do they charge for hardware or payment processing. Those using TouchBistro only pay for the licensing periods which they use, so those who may wish to suspend service for periods of time are more than welcome.

Contracts are not required:you may use the service month-to-month or through an annual contract. While TouchBistro does offer incentives for entering into an annual contract, it is not required.

Additional Features

Touchbistro POS offers self-ordering kiosks, self-service kiosks, sale software, pos software, menu items, quick service, inventory management on mobile devices, pos solution, restaurant management (for both fine-dining restaurants, quick service restaurants and coffee shops), credit card loyalty programs, menu and cash drawer features, and other pos hardware.

The Bad

Works Exclusively with Apple

Though it doesn’t limit the company's target audiences (since so many business owners are already using Apple products), the iPad app does exclude Android users. Restaurateurs who are interested in TouchBistro’s POS products and service will have to make the switch to Apple in order to get the full extent of services provided.

The Bottom Line

TouchBistro is an iOS favorite for restaurateurs, and for good reason. Its extensive compatibility with third party software and its payment processing freedom makes it versatile and affordable enough for any business in the foodservice industry. Though it only works exclusively with Apple hardware and software, it works so well with the operating system that it’s become a household name in food service. As long as customers are comfortable with the upfront fee, we recommend food business owners consider TouchBistro alongside the other top point of sale companies.

Call our recommended rep over at TouchBistro below.

ToddCrosby
February 26th, 2018 DETAILS

A reliable system with an ease of use not found in other systems. After 40 years in the business I can confidently say it is the only system I would choose from those available today.

LanceDettwiler
February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

It is great, the lay out is super easy to teach new trainees, they pick it up in a day. The account aspect is almost seamless, it probably is but I’m not to tek Savvy. Tek support is always easy to get ahold of and the price is right for small businesses.

RickKirkpatrick
February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

The touch bistro works very well with very few issues. My only comment would be is to make sure you have fiber optic for your internet

JohnWhite
February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

I've been in the business for over 50 years and this is the best pos for restaurants I've ever used.

William (Michael)Van Sickle
February 21st, 2018 DETAILS

Easy to use! Great Suooort! Cost effective!! Highly recommend to other companies.

CharlieHeise
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Customer service is second to none and the interface is super easy to use

Feb 16, 2018

Hey, CharlieHeise! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be super easy to use and our customer service team has been taking great care of you. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Dayna Guy
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

The low cost and the simplicity of it were the things that convinced me of getting it. I've never had an issue with customer service but it was annoying that I had to set everything up on my own. Otherwise it has been good. I'd like them to make it so that you can alphabetize the menu items. It's really annoying that to enable menu items you have to scroll through this haphazard list. Even printing out detailed summaries of the stuff is confusing, there's no order or anything. It's just weird.

Mihran Boudakian
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They were the cheapest software out there, so I picked it. Sometimes when I call customer support I need them to be there for me right away, but that doesn't always happen. Maybe they don't have enough staff or something, but it takes a while to get someone on the line. They still need to improve some aspects of their software too.

Ben Gill
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

The software worked well for us, but the hardware gave us trouble. We discovered then that customer service is good until you have a problem. They should improve their equipment replacement policies or offer a better warranty for the tablets and hardware. It's mostly because, when they go down and you rely on them to do everything, you're stuck.

Alan Candelma
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

The owner was the one that actually chose it. We've never had any issues with the software. When we call customer support we always get results very quickly.

Arturo Anhalt
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I used a different POS beforehand, but I find TouchBistro to be a lot easier to use on the iPad. Customer service is usually very very fast when I call with a problem or something of the sort. Though right now we are having some issues with the tablet. Even though I charge it all day, when I unplug it, it takes it 10 minutes to go from 100% charge to 50%. It just doesn't last.

Bill Knapp
February 15th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

We went with them since they were the best ones out there. The software is great but the equipment that I'm using, the apple iPad, it's starting to slow down. It's maybe a year and a half or two years since we got it and it really shows. Sometimes when you punch things in, it gets confused.

Baupendra Dave
February 15th, 2018 South Lake Tahoe, CA DETAILS

The system is very easy to use, very user friendly. I've been using it for almost five years now and I'm happy with it. Every time I call customer service I get an immediate response. I don't have to wait too long and they guide me through the right steps to get my machine working. Though I haven't had that many problems with the machine to begin with.

Mike Colas
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I did my research on different systems before going for them. This was all in 2015, so it was pretty new back then and there were few companies that offered the service. After talking with their salesperson I decided to just go with it. What convinced me in the end was that it didn't require me to have a special computer or anything to use it, all I needed was an iPad. I've been happy to have them ever since. Everything with the software works well, though there's always room for improvement. The one thing I'm not too happy about is the fact that they had to change the contract at one point. We were one of the first costumers, so we were promised that the price would not go up. In the end, things had to be changed though and they had to rewrite the contract and increase the price a little. I wasn't too happy about that but at the end of the day, it is what it is.

Corey Schelp
February 15th, 2018 Shawnee, KS DETAILS

What convinced us was the fact that we could use them on a hotspot, plus we could use the POS as well as the track. There are a few things I'd like to customize in the POS system, like the KDS, but it's still pretty great. I've only had to contact customer support once, but they were able to help me out when I needed them.

Ray Askarnia
February 15th, 2018 San Francisco, CA DETAILS

They have some minor flaws in customer service, but for the most part they're just fine. They're all still very sweet and kind. The software is easy to operate and work with, plus it works with iPads. It does need some improvements though.

Dejan
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

When I was opening my restaurant, their price seemed to be good for what we needed. At the time we had to invest six or seven thousand dollars but it was a good choice. The touch base lets you change anything in your system and add new prices accordingly. Each one of us can have an iPad so it's much easier to set everything up. Plus, it improves our communication with the kitchen. The software is great, if I need any information from, say, 5 years ago, I can go through the menu items and find out how old some of them are and such. It's amazing for when you're trying to figure out what meals are doing great and which ones to change. It's a great way to get solid sale information. Customer support has always been able to help us out of we run into any problems, though my son is usually the one in charge of communicating with them. The price is ok, though lately my son has said that the prices are going up, so I'm not really happy about that. I don't want to pay more money than the allotted amount that I already have for it, so I might look for another tool.

Cori Struck
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

We have a small bakery and we heard from a local coffee shop about the service. We were told that they were quite user friendly, so we went with it. Usually customer service is great, but lately it takes me forever to get a hold of somebody. I mean, if I call with an urgent matter they are readily available, but if it's not it takes them a day or so to call me back. The other day I had a couple of questions and it took them that long to answer me.

Drew Wollenberg
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They just seemed like the best way to go for what our restaurant needed. When we need help, we've always been able to get a hold of someone from customer support. The only downfall of the system is that the router can be a little bit difficult at some points, but other than that, it's fantastic.

Henry Besser- Rosenenberg
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

When I was looking around they were one of the services that just came up so I went with it. They were very helpful when it came to setting things up. We haven't needed to contact them since then. The only problem that I have with it is that, well, in order to use their software you have to be on a TouchBistro internet connection. If you want to run music programs and stuff like that from the iPad, which we do, then you have to switch back and forth between networks. That can be a bit frustrating. Other than that though, the software is good.

Courtney Barbiaux
February 15th, 2018 Sarver, PA DETAILS

I got it because of the price and the ease of use. The system is pretty reliable so far. Sometimes talking to customer support is a bit hard though. Since we're on a different time zone, we can't really talk to them until after 10 o'clock, which can be an issue.

Steve Sanna
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I got it mostly because of the ease of use. I like that it can save statistics of what goes trough it.

Vishwa Mohan
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They were the first ones I saw that were apple based. Besides, the were very user friendly, so I went with it. Every time I call them, they pick up quickly. They are doing well.

Dean Mrkic Delorey
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I've never had a negative experience with their customer service. They're always quick and timely. The app has some bugs that need to be fixed or updated, but it's still an amazing software. I've used 10 different ones and this is the best one so far. This gives me more access to the information and things that I need.

Jim Nye
February 15th, 2018 South Mills, NC DETAILS

Customer service is very responsible. They've taken care of any situation that comes up. The software is very good, though there's a few things that either the program can't do or that I don't know how to do.

Janet Mcintyre
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

Our chef was actually the one that made the decision to use touch bistro. They just thought it looked like a really good system for us, so we got it. Overall it's pretty good, we're pretty happy with it. The system is pretty good for taking orders. There are a few things that we feel they could do a little differently when it comes to the reporting though.

Devin
February 15th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

The price and the ease of use were what convinced me of getting it. They are always quick to respond, clear, and helpful. I've never had any issue with them, it's good.

John Karkanas
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I went with them since I had heard they were very good. Every time I talk to them they help us out. The system is reliable and pretty simple.

Louise White-Gibbs
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

They just seemed like the simplest solution to my problems. Since it was all done on the Apple system, it was easy for my staff and I to learn how to use it properly. There are so many things you can do with it. It can handle reports, staff hours, and a whole bunch of things. It has really helpful applications that I can just use whenever I need. Anytime I've needed them, they respond immediately and get back to me very quickly too. It doesn't matter if it's through email or text, they always resolve things quickly. The app just keeps everything simple.

Lori Gilpatrick
February 15th, 2018 Columbus, GA DETAILS

The reviews were what convinced me of getting it. The software is user friendly.

Mari Vivet
February 15th, 2018 Sanibel, FL DETAILS

They have been always available when I needed help. The software is user friendly and it works flawlessly. Though I'd like them to improve the reservation system that they have.

Mark Voros
February 15th, 2018 Spring, TX DETAILS

I got it since it was easy for both my employees and my managers to use the system. The system never goes down and it doesn't have any issues. I can talk to customer service 24/7 and, on top of that, their FAQs are pretty accessible and easy to find on their website.

Jessie Larsen
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I like everything about TouchBistro. We got it because of its low start up costs. As far as purchasing went, we had to spend ten grand or so to get the system. Besides, it was super user friendly. I've never actually had to call customer support. The system just works really well and it's easy to maneuver and update it. It's just a great system.

Paul Nobles
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I got it since it was easy to use it an install it. The cost was a major factor too, especially since it wasn't super expensive compared to the other options out there. There were other things too: the monthly maintenance is super low, scaling the system up or down is simple, it allows you to have multiple units and printers, it has the front facing displays, and a bunch of other options that are available. The system is just easy to use and very intuitive. I've had it for four years or so and each time I've called customer service they've been able to solve my problems very quickly and call me back whenever things get resolved.

Roxanne Zumwalde
February 15th, 2018 Fort Thomas, KY DETAILS

Everything I read about it was very positive and the system looked very user friendly. In fact, it has been very user friendly so far. Whenever I call them they are always very friendly and expedient about solving my issues.

Rhonda Weisheit
February 15th, 2018 Boca Raton, FL DETAILS

The rep just told us how great the program was and sold us on it. He has been available for us 24/7 since then. The program is very efficient and the fact that it can collect data is pretty awesome. We're just getting the reader since it would be nice to be a little more secure.

Rachel Mowat
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I liked the system and the reporting part of it, that's why I got it. I've never had any problems with it, it's quite efficient and does the job. Customer service always gets back to you and they are able to answer all your questions. I'm happy with the price, especially compared to other systems that I've tried before. That's a bonus.

Sarah Bennetto O'Brien
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I started off with Shopkeeper and was very dissatisfied with their customer service. I researched a bit further and found TouchBistro. I was very happy to find that they were Canadian. It has been about four years since then and I've been with them all this time. Any time I've had to call, which has been several times now, they've been excellent. They're just super friendly and always able to fix my problem. They've been really great. The software does even more than what we could ever use it for. It has been more than adequate for us. Whenever I've suggested any fix or improvement, they've always told me that they're working on that for the next update. They got their fingers on the pulse of what their customers need and want. I honestly think I don't use about 80% of the services they offer so sometimes I wish there was a bit of a, well, I suppose a simpler down version of the program or a way to remove the features that you don't use you know. Maybe just keep the POS features and basic quarterly reporting or something of the sort.

Feb 16, 2018

Hey, Sarah! Thanks so much for your review. Thank you for being a customer for over four years – very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro and our customer service team to be excellent. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Pj Mckenzie
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I got it since the software looked really good. Customer service is good, but when we were first setting it all up, it took quite a while for them to call us back.

Sita Marlier
February 15th, 2018 Gainesville, FL DETAILS

I got it since the app was just very user friendly and very visual. Everything works perfectly fine. Whenever I need to call them I've never had to wait for someone to respond. Everyone is very helpful, nice, and knowledgeable.

Feb 16, 2018

Hey, Sita! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be user friendly and our user interface to be easy to use. I will share your positive feedback with our customer service team, as well. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Stephen Smee
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

We picked it since it was mac based. The system is very user friendly too. The only thing is that I wish they added some flexibility to discount reporting.

Wayne Johnson
February 15th, 2018 Santa Clara, UT DETAILS

I'm very much pleased with the software, though there's a couple of things that I'd like them to change. That's just me though. Customer support is pretty good, but if you just want to talk to someone about something that's not urgent, they're kind of hard to get a hold of. They are not good at following through either.

Wendy Huang
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

We got it since it seems like it's easy to use. It's a very simple and flexible system, you can always change and revise things. Though to be honest I don't know how much we pay for it.

Feb 16, 2018

Hey, Wendy! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be easy to use, simple, and flexible. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Willis Gilles
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I haven't really had to call customer service very often, the system is just great. It's easy to use.

Feb 16, 2018

Hey, Willis! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be working flawlessly for you and haven't had to get in touch with our 24/7 support team much. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Hong Lin
February 15th, 2018 DETAILS

I got it since it seemed like it was going to be the most efficient. I've been having problems with the printer though. It just can't print Chinese words and characters so instead of using the internal printer I have to use my regular printer.

James O'Donnell
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

I went with them since it's basically just an App that stays updated all the time. Though, a lot of their technicians don't really understand how to integrate the software with payment gateways and such. Usually when I try to figure out things like that I get bounced back and forth from rep to rep. They also don't really answer the phone, it's faster if you email them. The software is good, though it would be great if there were in App instructional videos and stuff like that.

February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

The service was referred to us by another business that used it. I think it's pretty good, though my husband is the one that actually deals with them. Whenever there's a problem he's the one that calls them. It work's well enough for what we need it I think. Though I think the introductory training could be a little more hands on.

Feb 16, 2018

Hey, Anonymous! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be good for your business. We love it when our happy customers refer other businesses to us. Do let us know who referred you so we can thank them! If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Steven D'Arpino
February 14th, 2018 Nixa, MO DETAILS

Compared to their competitors, they had good features for a good price. Overall, they're good, though the thing that could be improved is some kind of back up for reporting and such.

Feb 16, 2018

Hey, Steven! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be competitive on features and price. With TouchBistro you can export your historical reporting data if you'd like to back it up; if you'd like help exporting and backing up your reports, please don't hesitate to contact our 24/7 customer support. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

John Nagy
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

They were one of the companies that came up when we were researching the services. Since we're Ontario based we were thrilled to support a local Canadian company. Every time we've needed anything they've been right there to help us out. Their billing is always timely, which is great because it helps us keep track of things and keep everything together. They are constantly updating the system. They should just keep up with the great work they're doing and if we ever run across something that needs to be changed or modified we'll just get in touch with them. We're very happy with the system.

Feb 16, 2018

Hey, John! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be great and are continuing to enjoy our regular updates and new feature releases. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Beatrice Marler
February 14th, 2018 Baker, LA DETAILS

Since they had good reviews and offered really good customer service, I got it. They've done a good job so far. The program is easy to understand and use. If you want to get more information, there's also a website that you can look at for that. I've never had any problems with it, no glitches, no downtime, no anything. It just works the way it's supposed to. The price is a little high though, it could be better.

Feb 16, 2018

Hey, Beatrice! Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro to be easy to understand and use, and that it's been working flawlessly for you. I will share your positive feedback with our customer service team – they'll be happy to hear you're happy. If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.