Springboard Retail hit the market in 2013 after Gordon Russell felt that he had been able to create a POS software that would fill the gap in comprehensive POS solutions for his own business. Now Springboard Retail is a modern cloud-based solution designed to support a growing multi-channel, multi-retail enterprise with features that bring clarity and resilience to all users. Unlike a number of other POS systems, this POS solution can combine data in any way the retailer envisions guaranteeing that it is responsive, agile, and easy-to-use. Once the creation of Springboard Retail was complete, Russell and his team felt it would be beneficial to share this POS solution with retail stores, small businesses, and other similar businesses, and Springboard Retail officially entered the POS industry market.
View Best Point of Sale Companies
- Supported Types of Retail
- Retail POS Software features
- Software Integrations
- POS Software Package Pricing Options
Supported Types of Retail
Retail management is not an easy endeavor. That being said, business owners can greatly simplify their ability to manage their retail stores with the use of the Springboard Retail POS software. Supported retail types include the following:
- Apparel and fashion
- Shoe stores
- Gift stores
- Health and beauty
- Home and lifestyle
- Museum stores
- Sporting goods stores
- Toy and game stores
- Craft and hobby stores
- Pet stores
- Jewelry and accessory stores
- Specialty stores
Retail POS Software features
Finding a retail POS solution that will help you sell your product or service as well as manage your business is paramount to your long-term success. The POS solution that you use should offer a number of features to help you achieve this. The following features are offered by Springboard Retail:
- Cloud POS — The cloud-based solution offered allows you to scale up, add more selling stations for events, and scale down as needed. You just need to bring your hardware.
- Order Management — This helps you offer a seamless shopping experience. You can access real-time inventory and place orders across all of your multiple locations online and even in your warehouse.
- Inventory Management — This helps you to efficiently manage your inventory while helping you boost your margin and sell-through.
- Customer Management (CRM) — This robust CRM software is built right into your POS software. You are able to add custom fields to each customer profile to help you build your data and deliver exceptional experiences.
- Purchasing and Receiving — This way you can make sure that you have all the products that you need at the right time to optimize your selling capacity.
- Metrics and Reporting — Knowing that data is the key, this helps you to detect trends and change your game plan quickly if things are not selling as you would have expected.
This cloud-based point of sale solution provides retailers a number of software integration options as detailed below:
- E-commerce Platform Integration Partners — BigCommerce, Magento, Shopify, and Salesforce.
- Marketing and Loyalty POS Integration Partners — Annex Cloud, Mail Chimp, Salesforce, eMarketing Logic, Third Shelf, and Smart Transaction Systems.
- Payment Partners — Clover, eConduit, Worldpay, and Bank of America.
- Retail Management Software Partners — Joor, Management One, NuOrder, and Quickbooks.
- Retail Association Partners — The Boutique Hub and Museum Stores Association.
POS Software Package Pricing Options
When looking for a POS software for retail stores, it is important to have options and to be able to compare pricing to find the best POS product for you. The following are the three POS software package pricing options currently advertised by Springboard Retail online:
- Plus — This package is designed for multi-store and growing retailers. This plan requires a $99 monthly payment per selling station. If you have multiple locations, you will need to pay for each of the selling stations you have at each of your locations. The Plus packages includes the following:
- Support for multiple locations
- Integrated E-commerce
- Sales Orders
- Purchasing and Receiving
- Customer Management
- Powerful Data and Reporting
- Email and Chat Support.
- Professional — This package is ideal for growing omnichannel retailers. Requiring a payment of $139 per month per selling station, this plan includes all plus features and additional added features. These additional features include the following:
- Advanced Inventory Management and Purchasing software
- Customizable Reporting and Analytics
- Promotions and Coupon Builder
- Automated Reordering for Inventory Management purposes
- Sales Plans
- Email/Chat/Phone Support.
- Enterprise — The Enterprise package does not have a set fee advertised online as it is built for each customer. This plan is a tailored solution for growing multi-store retailers. You can get a quote online on the Springboard Retail website. If you have multiple locations, this could be a good retail stores POS software package for you.
This package comes with all of the Plus and Professional package features as well as the following features:
- Purchase Order Allocation
- Multi-brand Support
- Custom Branding
- Dedicated Account Manager
- Full API Access
- Elite Support with an Immediate Response Guarantee
- POS Hardware Compatibility
POS Hardware Compatibility
Springboard Retail claims that its POS software is compatible with most if not all hardware. This means that you would hypothetically not need to invest in replacing your current hardware and you could just connect your hardware to the Springboard Retail software to get started. This would be great, but unfortunately a number of customer reviews mention that one of their biggest complaints it the lack of compatibility with existing hardware.
If you are hoping to get everything set up without glitches it is recommended that you invest in suggested hardware by Springboard Retail.
The Bottom Line
This is a retail stores POS sales solution. If you are looking for a restaurant POS solution, you will need to look elsewhere. We feel that Springboard Retail is a great POS solution for owners of retail stores with these great perks: real-time inventory management, real-time reporting, real-time data, e-commerce solution integration, accounting software integration, payment processing, POS sale software, and much more. We recommend that you give the free trial a go to see if this POS solution is the right fit for you. If you are not completely satisfied with the product or are looking for a restaurant POS software, we encourage you to research other point-of-sale systems and software to ensure that you find a POS solution that will make running your business easier and more enjoyable.