Ever since its founding in 1884, NCR Silver has been at the forefront of the transaction industry. Unlike a number of other POS solution providers, NCR Silver offers Retail POS, Restaurant POS, Banking POS hardware and software, and more. Having created the electronic cash register, magnetic credit card strip, and self check-out machines, NCT Silver is one of the top POS solution providers in the point of sale industry making purchasing processes easier for customers and employees.
NCR Silver is unique in the POS industry due to the unique banking and credit union point of sale service that it provides. The following breakdowns explain in detail the services provided with each of its POS systems.
- Banks and Credit Unions POS — This POS service allows you to connect your whole bank or financial institution. Most of this can be done with the use of an app so a customer who wants to bank after hours can do so online.
- Restaurant POS — This is not just a simple restaurant POS system. This system will run your entire restaurant. NCR Restaurant POS software works with food cards, fast food, casual food, full service, national franchises, and much more. It transforms your operations and allows each customer to have a personalized service experience. This POS software is called NCR Aloha.
- Retail POS — No matter the size, location, or types of customers you provide service to, NCR Silver can help you have more meaningful interactions with each customer to ensure quality service.
- Other services — These include telecom and technology, public sector, airlines and airports, stadiums and venues, and small businesses.
Finding a POS solution with the features that will help your business be successful is important not only for customer service, but for business operations. The cloud-based software provided by NCR Silver offers a number of different features based on the specific type of POS software you invest in as detailed below:
- Banking Solutions — Features include branch transformation, digital banking, payment processing, transaction processing, ATMs and self-service, and digital connected services.
- Restaurant Solutions — The features for restaurant POS include Aloha restaurant POS, back office, consumer engagement and customer loyalty, self ordering, kitchen production, NCR Silver One, digital connected services, credit card processing, and POS hardware.
- Retail Solutions — Some of the features are the self checkout and self service with payment processor, pay at the pump, NCR inventory tracking and management, supply chain, virtualization, and small business.
- Payment Solutions — Include core payment processing, eCommerce and card not present (CNP), mobile point-of-sale systems, and government payments.
- Digital Connected Services — Includes POS hardware maintenance services, installation and deploy, and managed services.
- Small Business Solutions — Includes NCR Silver One, Counterpoint, and NCR console.
Telecom and Technology Solutions — Includes enterprise networking, managed services, and telecom storefront solutions.
- Travel Solutions — Includes mobile check-in, mobile boarding passes, digital signage, and passenger promotions.
- Stadium and Venue Solutions — Includes point of sale technology, loyalty and loaded tickets, mobile engagement, digital signage, in-seat service, suite catering, vendor and employee management, and real-time business intelligence.
Other basic features include the following:
- Barcode Scanner — Your iPad can act as a scanner to scan barcodes.
- Receipt Printer — NCR Silver offers thermal receipt printers.
- POS Hardware Requirements
- Hidden Costs
- Real-Time Reporting
POS Hardware Requirements
NCR Silver insists upon selecting the POS Hardware and POS terminals that you will use with its POS software. You will have to replace old hardware that you may already have on hand. Some product reviews have mentioned glitchy hardware. Most reviews mentioning glitches talk about the chip reader not functioning. If a company is going to force you to use a certain hardware, it is expected that it should work.
A number of features offered have to be paid for separately. These include tablet mirroring, EMV-compliance, and reporting. Make sure that you do plenty of research beforehand to ensure that you are getting what you want and that you are aware of the up-front and long-term pricing.
When running a business today, it is crucial to have the ability to access needed data and reports at all times. A number of NCR Silver POS system reviews mention that limitations exist for a number of basic reporting functions. Some of these complaints include the inability to scan inventory into the system or tracking inventory by ingredients like other POS systems have made available.
The Bottom Line
NCR Silver POS has been in the POS industry for a very long time and has built a reputation by creating user friendly hardware and software. If you are in retail, restaurant, banking, or other industries and are looking for a POS system that was built for functionality, you are in the right place.
NCR Silver will help you to track inventory, accept payments, access sales reporting, manage employees, provide excellent customer support and much more. Make sure that you are aware of the extra costs that may be incurred as well as the limitations that exist with third-party hardware and reporting features. We recommend giving NCR Silver a try. It offers a free trial which could help you decide whether or not you would like to use this company as your POS provider.