LivePOS was established in 2006 as the first ever cloud point of sale solution. The company's use of the cloud has become its main strength and has helped LivePOS spread its service, POS software, and influence across 25 countries. LivePOS boasts itself as the largest cloud POS provider in the world. Other features that have become prevalent in the POS industry that are provided by LivePOS software are multiple sales formats, credit card processing, refunding capabilities, retail POS software solutions, mobile POS options, web-based access, real-time data options, Inventory tracking, and much more.

#1 Lightspeed chevron_right
4.9
#2 Best POS System chevron_right
#3 TouchBistro chevron_right

The Good

• Upfront Pricing
  • Wide Range of Industries
  • Online Dashboard
  • Inventory Management
  • Additional Features

Upfront Pricing

Though it certainly does not have the lowest prices in the industry, LivePOS is upfront about its pricing. Too many companies that provide POS services do not disclose their prices on their websites. LivePOS’ plans and their features are as follows:

• Single Outlet: $89/Month—Additional checkout lane. Real time dashboard. Customer relationship management. Sales and inventory reports. Inventory management.
  • Growing Chain (Single Outlet Plus): $129/Month—Additional checkout lane. Employee payroll and commission. Vendors and purchase orders. Custom access levels. Chat and SMS alerts. Customized tenders. Work order and repair. Invoicing and account receivables. Analysis and franchise reporting.
  • Franchise: Pricing is undisclosed (call for pricing)—Boarding and data migration. Enhancements and feature customization. Extended support and free training. Franchise dashboard and custom reporting. Marketing and 3rd party business intelligence.

Wide Range of Industries

LivePOS provides POS services to a large number of industries. Though its payment technology will be aimed at serving a broad range of industries, you’re much more likely to find what you need with LivePOS than with a company that specializes in only one industry. The company generally provides POS systems for these industries:

• Clothing and apparel
  • Jewelry
  • Shoes
  • Furniture
  • Infant and children’s goods and apparel
  • Cameras
  • Liquor
  • Music
  • Hobby
  • Electronic repair
  • Vaping

That being said, retailers and retail stores are the main beneficiaries of LivePOS software. Features provided allow for detailed and customized retail management to ensure more efficient sales processes.

Online Dashboard

This online dashboard allows for retailers and other users to see not only the store side of things, but the backend which is called the admin site. This store portion of the software only works on a Windows-based computer. The backend can be accessed on any device with access to the internet as it is completely web-based. You are able to view a number of important data on this dashboard to better run your business. You are able to view sales, inventory management, adjust pricing, run reports, participate in online chats between locations, run payroll, add employees, view real-time reporting, and perform data analytics.

Inventory Management

This feature is made available on the online dashboard that comes with LivePOS software. It allows you to view sales and real-time inventory statistics to ensure that you do not run out of products without knowing.

Additional Features

The LivePOS online dashboard with help provide small business and cash register software for your store. It also has an open source sale software as well as a retail app. The following are features that may be useful when using this software:

• Credit card sales
  • Refunding
  • Exchanges
  • Barcode printing and scanning
  • Digital signatures

The Bad

• Longer Contract Lengths
  • Missing Information

Longer Contract Lengths

When it comes to contract lengths in the POS system industry, the most a customer can hope for is a month-to-month payment plan. Unfortunately, LivePOS only offers more expensive month-to-month payment plans and instead offers cheaper yearly contracts. Longer contract lengths mean customer will either not be able to cancel or have to pay a fee to get out of the contract

Missing Information

An extremely important part of any POS service is its ability to integrate to other services (like accounting software, e-Commerce integration, email marketing, etc.). LivePOS does not currently provide information concerning its integrations on its website. Hopefully the company is compatible and does offer integrations. If not, that will be a big problem for potential POS customers.

The Bottom Line

LivePOS is a large POS systems provider and has provided payment solution software for many business owners and organizations. The majority of companies that use LivePOS use it for its retail POS solutions. The company seems to focus more on bigger businesses and, as such, costs a bit more than other POS companies. Additionally, LivePOS does have some missing integrations information on its website. The longer contract lengths are also something that might concern potential customers. For now, it might be better if customers look for a company that provides a few more details on its site.

View Best Point of Sale Companies

4.9

Brinley Knowles

January 16th, 2019 Smithfield, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was worried about the pricing with LivePOS, they’re a bit higher in price but the quality for their products is amazing. They’re upfront and won’t scam you into any contract or billing information. They’re great and been super easy to work with.

Simone Brit

August 31st, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I highly recommend livepos. It is very easy to use. It only took maybe 20 minutes to get my employees up and running.

Ada Ramirez

August 28th, 2018 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve been using livepos for a couple of years now. I like the way they keep on developing their software. I have never had to pay for new features which is super awesome!

Stephen Delgado

August 24th, 2018 Amarillo, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer support of livepos is 24/7 available which is great for me and they are quick to answer and resolve our concerns.

Paul Matthews

August 22nd, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I found livepos very helpful when assisting me and my employees on their system. They always check on my employees to make sure everything is working well. This shows how great their service.

Samuel Andrews

July 17th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

With the online dashboard of livepos, I can easily access and monitor my store activities anywhere I am.

Charles Orcutt

July 16th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It’s easier to access my reports because of the livepos online dashboard and I can completely track my inventory and sales data using my phone.

Eileen McNerney

June 21st, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Livepos helps in recording accurate sales report every day and with their real-time inventory, I can track everything in my multiple stores anytime, anywhere.

Claire Morrissey

June 12th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing point of sale software. This is very helpful in running my stores everyday with their very useful features. Their 24/7 customer support is also reliable and they are the best.

Rosa Spears

June 8th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This has been a helpful pos solution for me. They provide compatible and useful features in my multiple location stores.

Maria Bullock

June 5th, 2018 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been using livepos for a couple of years now. I enjoy using their system. I’m satisfied with this pos. The reports impressed me the most. The support is also reliable. They are always quick to respond.

Ann Schaub

June 4th, 2018 Fargo, ND DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The best pos for my multiple location stores and it's very easy to use. Every feature is a great help and their customer support is very reliable, they are quick to answer our call.

Rupert Terry

May 29th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their features are compatible with my multi-stores and this makes every transaction easier every day. And I like the customer support of LivePOS, they are very friendly and reliable.

Roberta Mullins

May 28th, 2018 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a great pos for my multiple stores, it increases our sales and a great tool in doing our inventory everyday.

Florence Landreth

May 25th, 2018 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Before, I struggle how to make my business successful. I think about how can I make sale and how to make inventories without making mistake or make less mistake. But then, one of my friends suggested that I should use a pos and that's when I find out about LivePOS. This makes everything easier for me and even help to make my business bigger and opened multiple location stores.

Jani Christy

May 16th, 2018 Baltimore, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can control and view everything at home with the help of the livepos online dashboard and real-time inventory management. This has been a great solution for a couple of years now in my business.

Angie Bowman

May 11th, 2018 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In our multiple store, livepos provides all the key features we need to run our business properly. It’s satisfying to use, very reliable and helpful in growing my stores.

Tammy Pearson

April 27th, 2018 Orange Park, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This system is reliable and helpful. Livepos is handy. Our staff learned how to use it quickly. The support team is outstanding.

Francisca Call

April 20th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

LivePOS is a system that is simple and easy to use. We don't have any problem with livepos. They always make sure that our store is doing fine.

Heidi Miller

April 16th, 2018 Notre Dame, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their features are the best in my stores. So helpful in every transaction, makes everything easier. I also love their support team, very friendly and reliable.

Alice Cole

April 9th, 2018 New Hyde Park, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've use this pos in my small retail store. I didn’t expect my business to grow in such a short period of time.

Crystal Genelle

April 6th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Using livepos makes our business run smoothly. They make it possible to our shop to operate with ease. The support team has been helpful all the time.

Daisy Bennett

April 5th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This helps a lot in running my multiple location stores. I especially like their real-time inventory management, it allows me to track everything in my stores anytime and anywhere.

Darla Foster

April 3rd, 2018 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Everything is working great with the help of this software. Their features are amazing and very helpful in my multiple stores.

Suzanna Baylor

April 2nd, 2018 Inwood, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the best pos software for me. They have the features I need that my previous pos can't provide. They also have very friendly and reliable support team.

Tatiana Clark

March 27th, 2018 The Bronx, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like livepos features, it's compatible in my multiple location stores. Very helpful and reliable in our everyday operations.

Elva Rivas

March 26th, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For a couple of years now, livepos is the best pos soulution for my multiple stores. They have the features that are compatible for my stores.

Damon Wallis

March 23rd, 2018 Scranton, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the best help I ever had in my business. The features like their real-time inventory is a great help for me to monitor if my multiple stores still have stock or not.

Corinne Guerra

March 21st, 2018 Oakesdale, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great software! It has been part of my multiple stores for more than a year now and it's very helpful.

Clara Sutterfield

March 2nd, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have been using livepos for a few years now, great system, helps us manage all of our store.

Sophia Bradley

February 6th, 2018 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Livepos works great in my multiple stores. It has all the features I need to run my business smoothly.

David Azdad

February 1st, 2018 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We use this software in my multi-location stores. It's easy to use and very reliable.